PDA

View Full Version : Huge disappointed with the Cavs... c-mon!

imnew09
11-25-2013, 04:50 AM
Step up the game already. They had tanked so hard for seasons already, got 2 first draft picks, and still looking like they're about to tank for another season. :facepalm They have young core and decent players, but yet they're suking so much in the weak East...

and WTF! outta so many candidates, they chose Mike Brown :facepalm

LilEddyCurry
11-25-2013, 04:55 AM
They pick someone first overall and decide not to play him. :facepalm

Eric Cartman
11-25-2013, 05:08 AM

Playing him would be the equivalent of putting a 90 year old blind lady in the middle of a busy highway.

Uncle Drew
11-25-2013, 05:54 AM
Yes, lets play a player who isn't the best at his position in the team, just because he's the 1st pick. :applause:

CavaliersFTW
11-25-2013, 06:14 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Mike-Brown.jpg

Myth
11-25-2013, 06:16 AM
I'm with you OP. I thought the Cavs would be pretty decent this year. If they want to continue living in their fantasy of bringing LeBron back (lol), they need to show they have a semi-competent team.

moe94
11-25-2013, 06:19 AM
What's wrong with tanking for a legit player alongside Kyrie?

LilEddyCurry
11-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Yes, lets play a player who isn't the best at his position in the team, just because he's the 1st pick. :applause:
Then why didn't they draft a small foward? Or at least give him quality minutes to develop

BlazerRed
11-25-2013, 06:32 AM
What's wrong with it is they should have drafted him by now.. they've had enough time.

Eric Cartman
11-25-2013, 06:37 AM
What's wrong with it is they should have drafted him by now.. they've had enough time.

They could have drafted Damian Lilliard over Dion Waiters. Andre Drummond and Harrison Barnes probably at the time would've made more sense they could have drafted them too.

In 2011 they added the solid Tristan Thompson but everyone and their mothers were in a consensus that they should've drafted valanciunas who is a flatout beast.

This year is too early to tell but maybe if Noel becomes a god?

moe94
11-25-2013, 06:49 AM
They're in position for a Thunder like situation if shit pans out in the draft. It's not like this team is going anywhere at the moment. Losing is a great thing.

senelcoolidge
11-25-2013, 06:54 AM

Yeah beside Kyrie, Anthony Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, and the other 2 first rounders from recent drafts. Yup. Let's make a 12 man roster of lottery picks.

moe94
11-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Yeah beside Kyrie, Anthony Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, and the other 2 first rounders from recent drafts. Yup. Let's make a 12 man roster of lottery picks.

None are worth anything outside Kyrie...

Uncle Drew
11-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Then why didn't they draft a small foward? Or at least give him quality minutes to develop
I don't know, that's the problem... All this team needed was a legit SF (maybe a SG, one who fits Kyrie better), and we draft a PF. There was no reason to draft a PF, since our 2nd best player already plays that position.

My guess is that the Cavs are going all in for JAmes this summer. While there is a chance of maybe 5% of that happening.

Uncle Drew
11-25-2013, 07:22 AM
None are worth anything outside Kyrie...
Tristan Thompson says hi.

moe94
11-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Tristan Thompson says hi.
When that's your supposed second option, tanking is a great option.

Uncle Drew
11-25-2013, 07:31 AM
When that's your supposed second option, tanking is a great option.
How many Cavs games have you seen this year? I think I am correct when I say 0.

moe94
11-25-2013, 07:33 AM
How many Cavs games have you seen this year? I think I am correct when I say 0.

What do you think his ceiling is? :oldlol:

Uncle Drew
11-25-2013, 07:35 AM
What do you think his ceiling is? :oldlol:
I don't know, his game is still evolving every day. Since Tristan changed his shooting hand from left to right, his jump shot has been money by time. He can be an All Star.

moe94
11-25-2013, 07:44 AM
I don't know, his game is still evolving every day. Since Tristan changed his shooting hand from left to right, his jump shot has been money by time. He can be an All Star.
He's not your answer and certainly not this season. What were your expectations? Make the playoffs only to be fodder and miss out on this lottery? If I was a Cav's fan, I'd be happy considering your luck in the lottery.

coin24
11-25-2013, 07:49 AM
The cavs look like complete fu*king shit. Hiring brown was idiotic and taking Bennett was the dumbest waste of a #1 pick ever:facepalm
Why would Lebron even consider going back there when he has it so good in miami:roll:

Tanking is a waste of time because they're too stupid to scout talent, they need to trade for or sign some veterans/ established players.
Hopefully Bynum works out for them and can stay healthy.

If you can't even make the 8 in the pathetic east this year it's pretty fkn sad:facepalm

B-Easy8
11-25-2013, 08:09 AM

:biggums:

A PF who averages 11ppg on 43% shooting.

No chance he will be an allstar.

Uncle Drew
11-25-2013, 08:20 AM

I'm not talking about this season.

Meticode
11-25-2013, 08:53 AM

Changed shooting hands (shooting better from the freethrow line)

Mike Brown

All I need to say about that.

Greg Oden 50
11-25-2013, 08:58 AM
KYRIE LACKS LEADERSHIPS :rockon:

cos88
11-25-2013, 09:46 AM
what if i told you that byron scott and mike brown are not the problem?

what if i told you bennett is 30 pounds overweight and not a real pro and that's why he doesn't play?

what if i told you the chemestry between players is as low as 2008 knicks were?

toneloc103
11-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Let me first say I am a huge cavs fan. Having said that there are multiple problems with this team.

1. Harrison Harnes should have been the pick last year. He fits what we need most of all a sf with range. Waiters is decent but his game is predicated on having the ball in his handles and driving. he is not a catch and shoot guy. His forte is creating. Barnes has a sweet stroke but can throw it down as well. Hindsight is always better though.

2. Kyrie is overrated and a bit of a gun. He does have good ball handling skills but hsi leadership skills and playmaking skills are questionable to say the least. Rubio handles the ball just as well but does it with the purpose of setting up team mates. Kyrie seems to be stuck on being AI light. He does not play like he wants to be in Cleveland at all.. not real thrilled with him right now

3. Mike Brown still seems to be a terrible coach. Hs rotations are lame and his offense is even worse. His hiring was a knee jerk reaction by Grant, who for some reason thought that teams were lined up to hire Brown.

At this point there is not a lot of reason for optimism. Thsi team is very disjointed with zero chemistry. Looks like this will be another long season..

DukeDelonte13
11-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Let me first say I am a huge cavs fan. Having said that there are multiple problems with this team.

1. Harrison Harnes should have been the pick last year. He fits what we need most of all a sf with range. Waiters is decent but his game is predicated on having the ball in his handles and driving. he is not a catch and shoot guy. His forte is creating. Barnes has a sweet stroke but can throw it down as well. Hindsight is always better though.

2. Kyrie is overrated and a bit of a gun. He does have good ball handling skills but hsi leadership skills and playmaking skills are questionable to say the least. Rubio handles the ball just as well but does it with the purpose of setting up team mates. Kyrie seems to be stuck on being AI light. He does not play like he wants to be in Cleveland at all.. not real thrilled with him right now

3. Mike Brown still seems to be a terrible coach. Hs rotations are lame and his offense is even worse. His hiring was a knee jerk reaction by Grant, who for some reason thought that teams were lined up to hire Brown.

At this point there is not a lot of reason for optimism. This team is very disjointed with zero chemistry. Looks like this will be another long season..

1. Brown is not a terrible coach, i'd bet my whole bank account he would have been hired had the cavs not hired him; He isn't the problem. He is the solution to the problem, which is lack of effort and accountability. Rotations haven't even been set yet. Tons of new roster additions in a completely new system. It will be a while before everything starts working smoothly. The offense doesn't suck because of Mike Brown, it sucks because we have 3 guards that all have a score first mentality rather then wanting to move the ball around. How many times is Mike Brown going to blamed for a stupid shot by Jarret Jack? Or a dumb turnover by Kyrie trying to thread the needle? Or a turnover by Kyrie trying to go 1 v. 5?

2. Harrison Barnes isn't doing sh*t, and didn't do sh*t last year save for playing well when Tony Parker was guarding him. I get the argument that yes, he would have fit better with Kyrie because he isn't a ball dominant as Waiters but IMO when you have a lottery pick you go with the guy with the higher ceiling. Waiters is playing well this year despite never playing PG and getting far fewer touches; but people just like to look at box scores and think he regressed or something. His jumper is much improved, he's making better decisions with the ball, he's passing better, and thanks to Mike Brown, is playing a lot better on the defensive end.

3. Kyrie has lost at least 2 games for the cavs on his own. He's never played defense before in his life, and Mike Brown, the guy that everybody and their mother thinks is the problem to this team, is not only holding Kyrie accountable, something that Byron Scott never did, but is also getting him to defend. (also another thing Byron never accomplished).

Cavs have been disappointing because they don't have much chemistry, and are trying to adapt to playing defense at a high level for 48 minutes.

KOBE143
11-25-2013, 11:40 AM
They pick the Kwame Brown of this decade.. :lol

DukeDelonte13
11-25-2013, 11:49 AM
They pick the Kwame Brown of this decade.. :lol

:oldlol: maybe. But i think he'll turn out to be fine. It's all mental for him.

FatComputerNerd
11-25-2013, 11:50 AM
They need to start giving Bennett some minutes. I don't care how bad he's looked, he will never improve if not given the chance to do so.

DukeDelonte13
11-25-2013, 12:03 PM
They need to start giving Bennett some minutes. I don't care how bad he's looked, he will never improve if not given the chance to do so.

he looked pretty good when he played in the 4th in that spurs game. 4/5 from the field including a drive to the basket in traffic, had a steal, 5 boards, etc. Couple of turnovers but nothing glaringly stupid, typical rookie stuff. He seems like he's in much better shape.

I agree. He just needs to get comfortable and its very difficult to do that if you play a handful of minutes and touch the ball once or twice.

FatComputerNerd
11-25-2013, 12:49 PM
They are a shitty franchise managed by a shitty FO and led by a shitty human being (Kyrie).

Eat it! :mad: :rant

hawksdogsbraves
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
I mean, how many years in a row can they tank? They have to turn this thing around eventually, a top pick in this draft will probably turn out better than the Thompson/Waiters/Bennett scrubs they've picked in recent years.

LeGOAT
11-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Keep stock piling them lottery picks

toneloc103
11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
1. Brown is not a terrible coach, i'd bet my whole bank account he would have been hired had the cavs not hired him; He isn't the problem. He is the solution to the problem, which is lack of effort and accountability. Rotations haven't even been set yet. Tons of new roster additions in a completely new system. It will be a while before everything starts working smoothly. The offense doesn't suck because of Mike Brown, it sucks because we have 3 guards that all have a score first mentality rather then wanting to move the ball around. How many times is Mike Brown going to blamed for a stupid shot by Jarret Jack? Or a dumb turnover by Kyrie trying to thread the needle? Or a turnover by Kyrie trying to go 1 v. 5?

2. Harrison Barnes isn't doing sh*t, and didn't do sh*t last year save for playing well when Tony Parker was guarding him. I get the argument that yes, he would have fit better with Kyrie because he isn't a ball dominant as Waiters but IMO when you have a lottery pick you go with the guy with the higher ceiling. Waiters is playing well this year despite never playing PG and getting far fewer touches; but people just like to look at box scores and think he regressed or something. His jumper is much improved, he's making better decisions with the ball, he's passing better, and thanks to Mike Brown, is playing a lot better on the defensive end.

3. Kyrie has lost at least 2 games for the cavs on his own. He's never played defense before in his life, and Mike Brown, the guy that everybody and their mother thinks is the problem to this team, is not only holding Kyrie accountable, something that Byron Scott never did, but is also getting him to defend. (also another thing Byron never accomplished).

Cavs have been disappointing because they don't have much chemistry, and are trying to adapt to playing defense at a high level for 48 minutes.

Duke I respect your opinion, but it appears you are a Mike Brown apologist. Brown has never been a great coah. Maybe he is a great ASSISTANT coach, but not a head coah. What has he accomplished without Lebron? What criteria are you using to say he is a great coach? Of course he would have been hired by someone if the cavs didnt hire him, but that doesnt mean he is a good coach, LOL. Jason Kidd is a head coach. mike Woodson is a head coach.. need I go on?

Waiters has pouted most of the season and his defense has not been all that great. Saying they are struggling because they have never played defense before is absurd. It seems as though Kyrie has regressed from a team standpoint. He seems to be an "and-1"type of player. Dribbles around aimlessly to get his own shot. He has a great skill set but he has to realize that he needs his teammates to be successful. Otherwise they are just empty stats and ESPN highlights.

dannywpt
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.singleblackmale.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Mike-Brown-O.jpg

LBJMVP
11-25-2013, 01:58 PM
mike brown does not know what he is doing with the rotations....

i subs in every player in the first quarter and then has different 5 man roster in all game. how is chemistry suppose to develop?

he stick carrick felix into a the first quarter of the wizards game which is close at the time even though felix has played a second in the nba yet and felix turns it over every time he touches it.

there is no chemistry on this team.

also according to an article i read (dont remember which) it said that the cavs run the most basic offense in the nba and every team knows exactly how they are gonna move the ball... :facepalm

NattyPButter
11-25-2013, 02:21 PM

don't forget he doesn't pass the ball...look at what he's averaging in assist. It's the reason why his FG% is going downward and everyone is catching on that this fool isn't going to pass. Everyone wants to keep blaming Mike Brown when the talent sucks. We have Jarret Jack who likes to shoot contested shots and never pass the ball, Dion who attacks the rim with weak sh!t and over dribbles and likes to leave his man wide open for the 3, Varejao who get's bullied in the paint and likes to throw passes in traffic. Now we have some non athletic scrawny D-League white boy starting for the team. Bynum doesn't play enough mins and when he's on the court he sets horrible picks and is slow getting down the court. Kyrie always looks disinterested while playing most of the time and probably doesn't even want to be here.

leMVP
11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
They will never get over pissing off the King.

That's the curse put on them by his Highness!!!

jbryan1984
11-25-2013, 03:01 PM
They have been disappointing! So have the Nets and Knicks though..... But the game against the Spurs.... wow, I quit watching at half time. I guess they just need more time together. They looked great on opening night at the other games they won. They need to play more team ball too. On paper though, people thought the Cavs were a playoff team. Its still too early to say for certain but I hope we can turn it around and not get too far behind. I in no way expect us to make a title run but I did expect us to make the playoffs.

Jon_Koncak
11-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Even their supposed franchise player is overrated.I dont see how Irving is much better than Monta Ellis right now.Yeah amazing how they had 5 top-5 picks in last 4 years and still look like utter shit.

secund2nun
11-25-2013, 03:29 PM
The cavs are so damn poorly run it's amazing. Missing out on Drummond, selecting Bennett, ruining their title shots when they had Lebron because of bad signings.....3 years of tanking and still a bad team. Irving is extremely overrated as well. He is not even a star, let alone a superstar.

toneloc103
11-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Even their supposed franchise player is overrated.I dont see how Irving is much better than Monta Ellis right now.Yeah amazing how they had 5 top-5 picks in last 4 years and still look like utter shit.

I agree. I honestly dont think he is as good as Monte right now..

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
The Cavs, Browns, and Indians should all either be retracted or moved to Columbus or something. Cleveland is a cursed city (longest championship drought). I'm pretty confident in saying that Cleveland will never see a championship in the NBA, NFL, or MLB in my lifetime.

imnew09
11-26-2013, 02:56 AM
They have been disappointing! So have the Nets and Knicks though..... But the game against the Spurs.... wow, I quit watching at half time. I guess they just need more time together. They looked great on opening night at the other games they won. They need to play more team ball too. On paper though, people thought the Cavs were a playoff team. Its still too early to say for certain but I hope we can turn it around and not get too far behind. I in no way expect us to make a title run but I did expect us to make the playoffs.

Can't really blame the Nets because it was a gamble with old veteran players and a rookie coach. We know the Knicks won't make a big push especially when Chandler went down. But the Cavs man. They do have some decent players that should make a push in the playoff but they're not showing it at all :facepalm