PDA

View Full Version : best way to blow up the Bulls?

ThemBombs
11-25-2013, 01:52 PM
obviously this is another lost season for the Bulls and with a loaded NBA draft coming up it's time to start thinking long term. what is the best way to blow up the Bulls?

scm5
11-25-2013, 01:56 PM
obviously this is another lost season for the Bulls and with a loaded NBA draft coming up it's time to start thinking long term. what is the best way to blow up the Bulls?

Butler and Noah are must-keeps I think.

Ship Deng and Boozer out for picks and/or younger pieces/prospects. I realize Deng and Noah are the same age, but Noah is the heart and soul of the team and really gives the Bulls their identity.

Tank like there's no tomorrow and hope for a pick high enough for Wiggins, Parker, or Randle.

Boomerang
11-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Butler and Noah are must-keeps I think.

Ship Deng and Boozer out for picks and/or younger pieces/prospects. I realize Deng and Noah are the same age, but Noah is the heart and soul of the team and really gives the Bulls their identity.
Watching the bulls this year, Deng is a much better player to keep than Noah. It's really horrible and makes me cringe everytime Noah gets the ball on the offensive end. He'll even airball wide open shots. What he does on the offensive end is mostly get the ball and pass it to someone else.

El Kabong
11-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Might as well try and move Boozer and Deng for some younger pieces. Maybe even Noah too if someone pays the world for him, but it would be tough to see him leave Chicago. They own the Bobcats 1st this year, and hopefully for the Bulls Nikola Mirotic comes over from Europe next year. I had them pegged as potentially packaging him with Boozer/Deng to try and upgrade, but with Rose out I don't think that should happen now.

ALBballer
11-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Time to blow up the bulls.......again.

Dis franchise.

:oldlol:

Eric Cartman
11-25-2013, 02:12 PM
1) Package Boozer and a first round pick to a team that can take on salary (Utah?Bobcats?)
2)Deng to the Kings for Marcus Thorton and Jimmer Fredette
3) Noah to the Thunder for some of their young guys + a first round pick

MisterAmazing
11-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Seeing that Rose is gone this season and likely won't be a superstar in the long term, I'd like to see the Bulls do whatever it takes other than giving up Butler/Noah/2014 1st to get Eric Bledsoe. Might seem pretty random, but he just strikes me as a player that would be a great fit in Thibs's system. Deng + a 2015 pick for Bledsoe?

And just while we're throwing ideas out there, Derrick Williams would be a solid prospect that they could try to get for relatively cheap. Boozer for Williams + fillers? Obviously the TWolves like most teams wouldn't want Boozer's gross contract, but given how young the team is & the fact that both Love and Williams could realistically leave, who knows, maybe Boozer would do them some good. Giving up Taj would be more realistic but I don't see them as being willing to do that.

PG Bledsoe
SG Butler
SF Williams
PF Boozer/Gibson
C Noah

That'd be a hell of a nice rebuild but this is obviously very wishful thinking. Amnestying Boozer + tanking + trying free agency seems more likely, but I would really like to see some way for them to get Bledsoe.

Eric Cartman
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Seeing that Rose is gone this season and likely won't be a superstar in the long term, I'd like to see the Bulls do whatever it takes other than giving up Butler/Noah/2014 1st to get Eric Bledsoe.

Niga no way the Suns giving away Bledsoe he with dem at least the next 4 years you feel me?

Maybe goran dragic is available dog.

PizzamanIRL
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Some explosives should do the job.

Crafty
11-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Trade everyone but Rose, Butler and Noah, and maybe Gibson for expiring contracts and 1st round picks.
Draft right, hit the free agency hard and NOT build around Rose.

MisterAmazing
11-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Niga no way the Suns giving away Bledsoe he with dem at least the next 4 years you feel me?

Maybe goran dragic is available dog.

yeah I know, I'd just really like to see it. Though Dragic would be a sufficient pickup too.

El Kabong
11-25-2013, 02:31 PM
1) Package Boozer and a first round pick to a team that can take on salary (Utah?Bobcats?)
2)Deng to the Kings for Marcus Thorton and Jimmer Fredette
3) Noah to the Thunder for some of their young guys + a first round pick
Utah already near maxed out their free capspace by getting Rush, Jefferson and Biendrins. At this point the only team who can more than a few million is Philly who are still $13 million under the cap. Next closest is Phoenix who are $5 million under.

I'm not sure if Philly is trying to move Thaddeus Young's 3 remaining years, but maybe they'd do Boozer (only has 2 years left) + pick for Young. Would save the Bulls $6 million this year.

And I'm sure if you traded Noah to OKC you'd have to at least take Perkins back to get the salaries to work.

MisterAmazing
11-25-2013, 02:49 PM
http://gyazo.com/8529e5e5f708744f9862697d35e9c64a.png

Suns go all out on the #TankforWigginsorParker campaign! DAT EMEKA EXPIRER

:lol

hawkfan
11-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Magic get

Luol Deng (expirer)

Bulls get

Jameer Nelson (expirer)
Arron Afflalo

The Bulls get Nelson to play point guard and Affalo for the shooting guard position.

The Magic get Deng for small forward.

BarberSchool
11-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Trade Deng for Aflalo and nelson.
Trade Boozer/Butler/Mirocic/picks for Kevin Love and Brewer.
have Noah and Love fake injuries to give Taj Gibson tons of minutes and experience.

Proceed to tank for Jabari Parker. It's Stern's last year, and our villain we love to hate can fix it again just like in 2008.

bluechox2
11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
trade boozer deng and butler each for a first rounder, tank...4 chances at the #1 and #2 pick

BlackWhiteGreen
11-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Trade Deng for Aflalo and nelson.
Trade Boozer/Butler/Mirocic/picks for Kevin Love and Brewer.

When did Bulls fans turn into Laker fans?

BarberSchool
11-25-2013, 03:40 PM
When did Bulls fans turn into Laker fans?F#@k every Laker in history besides West, Jabbar, Divac, Anthony Peeler, and Sedale Threatt.

secund2nun
11-25-2013, 03:41 PM
They can't amnesty Rose so they are screwed until his contract runs out. Talk about a bad contract.

andremiller07
11-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Trade Taj Gibson for Patterson/Jimmer

Why Kings do it:
Starting PF who actually defends

Why Bulls do it
Cap space both Jimmer/Patterson are expiring

kshutts1
11-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Deng for Salmons, Thornton and a protected pick.
Because Salmons and Thornton have 2 year deals, and not expirings, I'm thinking top 3-5 protected only.

Boozer for Udoh, Butler and a protected pick.
Udoh and Butler have expiring deals. Top 10 protected would probably be sufficient, though Boozer is significantly better than both of them... Maybe top 8 protected.

Hinrich for Lamb, Thabeet
Really not sure the Thunder do this, but they could use a good PG for their second unit, or just someone to take the burden off Westbrook and Durant occasionally. Maybe toss the Thunder a second round pick, too?

Now, the Bulls cap situation is the same as before, but they have clearly less talent, and picked up two protected picks plus a young talent in Lamb.

That means the Bulls' pick is likely to be higher. Realistic picks are below

Charlotte's - 7th?
Bulls - 10th
Kings - 11th
Bucks - 16th

So next year we'd have...
Rose/Teague/pick
Lamb/Thornton/pick
Butler/Snell/pick
Gibson/pick
Noah/Thabeet

Q.E.C
11-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Trade Asik back to the Bulls with Lin

El Kabong
11-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Trade Taj Gibson for Patterson/Jimmer

Why Kings do it:
Starting PF who actually defends

Why Bulls do it
Cap space both Jimmer/Patterson are expiring
I imagine Taj would have a decent amount of currency under the current CBA. His per 36 numbers are pretty dependable, 13ppg, 9rpg, 2bpg and has a very cap friendly 3 years and $25.4 million left on his deal.

TheReturn
11-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Bulls are not blowing up their roster.

kurple
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Nuggets would be a great trading partner or 3rd team in a Bulls trade

we got a lot of assets and Shaw loves Chicago's defense

andremiller07
11-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Taj Gibson (4 year)/Kirk Hinrich (expiring) for Marcus Thornton (2 year), Patterson (expiring), Vasquez (expiring)

kshutts1
11-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Taj Gibson (4 year)/Kirk Hinrich (expiring) for Marcus Thornton (2 year), Patterson (expiring), Vasquez (expiring)
Gibson is locked in on a very cheap (for his production) 4 year deal. That's not the kind of player I would get rid of when trying to retool for next year. If they were blowing it up completely, sure... but they shouldn't. Rose, Noah and Butler are all studs and worth keeping. Gibson is the fourth player I would keep, just because his production exceeds his salary.

That said... don't you want Deng for Thornton, Salmons and a protected first?

Vasquez
McLemore
Deng
Patterson
Cousins

That lineup has legit floor spacing and offensive versatility, plus Deng is a strong defender and Cousins can be. Look to flip some more minor players plus a future pick for Asik or Steimsma or something for rim protected.

kshutts1
11-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Nuggets would be a great trading partner or 3rd team in a Bulls trade

we got a lot of assets and Shaw loves Chicago's defense
I love Chandler, and would love to have him on the Bulls.
I'd also enjoy McGee. Mainly because the Bulls lack an elite post athlete, and I believe that McGee would (eventually) get the Bulls D pounded into his thick head. Then he'd be a defensive monster.

guy
11-27-2013, 01:10 PM
I'd love to see the Bulls get Al Horford somehow and reunite him with Joakim Noah. Maybe Boozer+picks for Horford? ATL is doing pretty good so far this year, but I doubt it will last. And Boozer has a shorter contract.

GOBB
11-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Nikola Mirotic for Evan Turner