CavaliersFTW
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM
The worst part is that all those people are now dead because of adidas :eek:

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 03:04 PM
:eek:

SCdac
11-25-2013, 04:12 PM
NBA.com runs this series of ads in between videos just watched one a minute ago. Sad, ironic, hilarious all in one.

LosBulls
11-25-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwz_ql9TmmM
Now he has the money,fame, spotlight,lifestyle,and all the things that come with it,all the flash, yet he doesn't have basketball anymore.

Hes got it backwards:facepalm

STATUTORY
11-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Now he has the money,fame, spotlight,lifestyle,and all the things that come with it,all the flash, yet he doesn't have basketball anymore.

Hes got it backwards:facepalm

the irony is exquisite :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
11-25-2013, 04:32 PM
I wonder if people are still lining up to buy RG3-13's 200 dollar shoes :oldlol:

PieceOfFelt
11-25-2013, 04:42 PM
and portland is the homestate of nike headquarters

Too bad Portland is not a ****ing state.

SamuraiSWISH
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Coming from a sneaker dork, I do not trust their product. For three years now they have tried competing with Nike's light weight basketball shoes. They've been successful in making light shoes, but at the expense of cushioning.

Nike implements zoom air, air max technologies in their shoes that absorb shock on joints or ligaments. Making the foot feel refreshed, and not over worked. Last year's Kobe withstanding, as they went to a cheap "lunarlon" material that bottoms out quickly and provides little cushioning for the foot.

Adidas have ended up being too light of shoes, with awkward tire like traction, with no padding on the feet. So some of these quick stop and go movements with the feet or while pivoting is causing injuries.

Any D-Rose shoe, or Adidas Crazy Light, Quick, whatever. It's a garbage product, and potential risk for injury. Just saying.

FreezingTsmoove
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Man just the thought of Derrick Rose playing in 10oz shoes sounds horrible :facepalm

That shit probably gives him 0 support. Crazy lights are kiddie shoes, can't believe such an athletic fast player wears these to NBA games.

gasolina
11-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Coming from a sneaker dork, I do not trust their product. For three years now they have tried competing with Nike's light weight basketball shoes. They've been successful in making light shoes, but at the expense of cushioning.

Nike implements zoom air, air max technologies in their shoes that absorb shock on joints or ligaments. Making the foot feel refreshed, and not over worked. Last year's Kobe withstanding, as they went to a cheap "lunarlon" material that bottoms out quickly and provides little cushioning for the foot.

Adidas have ended up being too light of shoes, with awkward tire like traction, with no padding on the feet. So some of these quick stop and go movements with the feet or while pivoting is causing injuries
So much misinformation in this post :facepalm

The D-Rose shoe is a guard specific shoe, so it's meant to be light. You can't compare that shoe to a Lebron or a Hyperposite, since those were meant to be heavier. That said, let's compare the D-Rose against Nike's flagship guard shoe, the Hyperdunk.

Drose 4 - 11.8 ounces
Hyperdunk 2013 - 12.1 ounces

Not much of a difference eh?

Also, this same Hyperdunk uses Lunarlon, which you say they bottom out quickly and provides little cushioning.

Any D-Rose shoe, or Adidas Crazy Light, Quick, whatever. It's a garbage product, and potential risk for injury. Just saying
Way to generalize things you don't even know about. I'm willing to bet you haven't even tried any adidas shoe recently. And why would you? Your allegiance to Nike is in your name.

DCL
11-25-2013, 06:46 PM
i prefer "heavy" shoes. the shoes don't make the player. the player makes the player. shoes are meant to protect your body, not enhance your game. if your shoe is failing, it's the shoe. if your game is failing, it's not the shoe. it's you.

SamuraiSWISH
11-25-2013, 06:53 PM
i prefer "heavy" shoes. the shoes don't make the player. the player makes the player. shoes are meant to protect your body, not enhance your game. if your shoe is failing, it's the shoe. if your game is failing, it's not the shoe. it's you.
This too. Lighter shoes statistically have been proven to not make you faster. You're the same speed in any shoe. Regardless of the weight. That's why cushioning, materials, stability, and durability are Mos important.

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
So much misinformation in this post :facepalm

The D-Rose shoe is a guard specific shoe, so it's meant to be light. You can't compare that shoe to a Lebron or a Hyperposite, since those were meant to be heavier. That said, let's compare the D-Rose against Nike's flagship guard shoe, the Hyperdunk.

Drose 4 - 11.8 ounces
Hyperdunk 2013 - 12.1 ounces

Not much of a difference eh?

Also, this same Hyperdunk uses Lunarlon, which you say they bottom out quickly and provides little cushioning.

Way to generalize things you don't even know about. I'm willing to bet you haven't even tried any adidas shoe recently. And why would you? Your allegiance to Nike is in your name.

hyperdunks uses airsoles in the heal and toe for cushioning. drose 4 dont.
the type of injuries rose has are due to impact from the ground, which airsoles are used in the shoe to minimize that.

tomtucker
11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Too bad Portland is not a ****ing state.

right.....:oldlol: ........i meant to say nike HQ is close to portland..........

for what reason i don

DCL
11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
This too. Lighter shoes statistically have been proven to not make you faster. You're the same speed in any shoe. Regardless of the weight. That's why cushioning, materials, stability, and durability are Mos important.

yeah, the purpose of basketball shoes is to PROTECT. they don't make you better. if you suck, you're always gonna suck. if you're good, you're good in any pair. but shoes got to PROTECT. all this lightweight trend is a gimmick, misleading the buyers into thinking that if they wore these shoes, they'd be quicker or jump higher. lol it's the opposite -- with the lightweight shoes, you're probably gonna go down because you lost all that protection. defeats the whole purpose of wearing basketball shoes, which is supposed to give you comfort and protection from injury.

SamuraiSWISH
11-25-2013, 07:05 PM
hyperdunks uses airsoles for cushioning.
The poit of the difference in light weight sneakers between Nike andAdidas is cushioning. Nike are slightly heavier but the vast majority of their products have superior cushioning in some form. Adidas has no cushioning, they cut it to reduce the weight.

I've played in all of the D Rose, Crazy Quick, Adizero 773 ... My feet felt fatigued in all of them because the absence of proper cushioning. Your feet get tired or over worked then other lower leg mechanisms get wore out ... Fatigue sets in and there is an increased likelihood of injury.

It's not me being a "Nike homer" there are plenty of reasons I feel nikes product has dipped off in recent years. Shittier, synthetics to make shoes lighter, lack of durability. Cheaper cushioning systems like lunarlon replacing zoom air, double stacked zoom air, or air max. They've gotten cheaper but they are still better than Adidas as products.

I'm actually a fan of under armours advancement in the performance basketball division. LiNing isn't bad either. I'm not just strictly brand affiliated with nike. I'm just honest about product quality.

SamuraiSWISH
11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
yeah, the purpose of basketball shoes is to PROTECT. they don't make you better. if you suck, you're always gonna suck. if you're good, you're good in any pair. but shoes got to PROTECT. all this lightweight trend is a gimmick, misleading the buyers into thinking that if they wore these shoes, they'd be quicker or jump higher. lol it's the opposite -- with the lightweight shoes, you're probably gonna go down because you lost all that protection. defeats the whole purpose of wearing basketball shoes, which is supposed to give you comfort and protection from injury.
Bingo, Nike and Adidas both do it. Nike just has better cushioning.

TheReal Kendall
11-25-2013, 07:08 PM

This.

I would take the old 90's shoes over these lightweight joints any day.

I tried the Drose 3 I think that's the ones I bought but they feel fine just don't feel like they protect my foot.

And the Hyperdunks feel really awkward on my feet.

Ai2death
11-25-2013, 07:09 PM
The shoes have nothing to do with D.Rose's injury, the way he plays also he's just unlucky.

Perhaps even the fact he straps both his ankles so tight that the don't take any shock as the range of motion is decreased, so all the force is absorbed by his knees. (It's a proven fact that shock and force works this way.)

CavaliersFTW
11-25-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/hawks/sites/hawks/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/hawksnba/photos/HWK_shoes_pettit_55.jpg

Even converse are safer than Adidas.

TheReal Kendall
11-25-2013, 07:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/hawks/sites/hawks/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/hawksnba/photos/HWK_shoes_pettit_55.jpg

:roll:

SamuraiSWISH
11-25-2013, 07:30 PM

Can't tell if serious, or sarcastic.

Those actually probably have thicker rubber soles that provide more cushioning than current Adidas basketball shoes. Both these Chucks, and modern Adidas have equal amounts of low durability, and stability on the upper material.

What athletes like Mikan, Russell, Big O, etc did in these type of footwear is utterly amazing to me. I played in chucks once, and my feet will never forgive me.

Modern Adidas suck though too, don't get me wrong.

Ai2death
11-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Next thing, every one is going to say they'd rather wear the Jordan 1.
Which Jordan himself broke his foot in, which has been attributed to poor shoe design and it actually had no cushion.

OhNoTimNoSho
11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
shoes do not cause ligament tears you guys are f*cking retarted. They played in converses for like 40 years for god sakes

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 07:41 PM
shoes do not cause ligament tears you guys are f*cking retarted. They played in converses for like 40 years for god sakes

their playing style was alot different from what it is today. and what do you think causes ligament tears? its just a coincidence that rose tore his acl on a hard jump stop to the ground?

Ai2death
11-25-2013, 07:49 PM
OH NO!!!! :cry:

Nike tore Kobe's Achilles :facepalm

Gimme a break :roll:

kamil
11-25-2013, 07:50 PM
anyways, the curse of adidas is real. adidas = the devil. and d rose is an angel thats why they want to make it hard on him.
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/trib.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/eb/eeb51bfb-808a-5626-8442-9058c7326251/516caa2d6731a.preview-620.jpg
adidas, blowing knees out one athlete at a time.

You fail at the funny.

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 07:50 PM
OH NO!!!! :cry:

Nike tore Kobe's Achilles :facepalm

Gimme a break :roll:

how did he tear his Achilles

"oh it just happens" "a freak accident" nothing happens for a reason

Ai2death
11-25-2013, 07:52 PM
how did he tear his Achilles

It was a figure of speech, It doesn't matter what shoe Rose was wearing, playing the way he does with hard jump stops is going to take it's toll on his knees :facepalm

And as I stated before, the heavy ankle strapping that he does, surely hasn't helped the situation.

DCL
11-25-2013, 07:55 PM
wearing ultra lightweight thin basketball shoes is like wearing a bulletproof vest that's made out of paper.

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 08:01 PM
It was a figure of speech, It doesn't matter what shoe Rose was wearing, playing the way he does with hard jump stops is going to take it's toll on his knees :facepalm

And as I stated before, the heavy ankle strapping that he does, surely hasn't helped the situation.

you know youre contradicting yourself right? your point about wearing ankle straps and "shock" which is from impact to the ground being higher because theirs less cushion. then turning around and saying rose playing in a different shoe like a nike that uses "air soles" to cushion landings wouldnt help his injury is contradicting.

SamuraiSWISH
11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Anyway insinuating any of us are saying Adidas or Nike are directly responsible for these injuries, and not just a contributing factor are either delusional or stupid. Possibly even both. No where was I blaming Adidas directly. Neither was anyone else. But where there is smoke, there is fire.

Ai2death
11-25-2013, 08:06 PM
you know youre contradicting yourself right? your point about wearing ankle straps and "shock" which is from impact to the ground being higher because theirs less cushion. then turning around and saying rose playing in a different shoe like a nike that uses "air soles" to cushion landings wouldnt help his injury is contradicting.

No, I'm not blaming shoe cushioning for his injury, I'm blaming his style of play, I blaming the immobility of his ankle. Not the shoe.

eliteballer
11-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Next thing, every one is going to say they'd rather wear the Jordan 1.
Which Jordan himself broke his foot in, which has been attributed to poor shoe design and it actually had no cushion.

Then why would he wear them again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWLMir7yyCk&t=1m50s

Ai2death
11-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Then why would he wear them again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWLMir7yyCk&t=1m50s

:confusedshrug: Likes playing with risk? Making a tribute?
Perhaps they were modified inside? Player Exclusive?

gasolina
11-25-2013, 10:46 PM
hyperdunks uses airsoles in the heal and toe for cushioning. drose 4 dont.
the type of injuries rose has are due to impact from the ground, which airsoles are used in the shoe to minimize that.
http://kicksoncourt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nike-Hyperdunk-2013-Performance-Review-2.jpg

You sure its not lunarlon?

Dictator
11-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Its a combination of the shoe, Drose being unlucky, and his play style.

Here's how I rank it:

Play Style 50%
Unluckiness 25%
Shoe 25%

secund2nun
11-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Light shoes are better. They encourage you to run the natural way with the front of your feet which prevents injuries, but some still run with their heels which is very dangerous. Heavy shoes encourage you to heel run.

Padding is a gimmick. Barefoot running has the lowest injuries.

flipogb
11-25-2013, 11:07 PM
LeBron wears really heavy shoes, never gets injured. Kobe wore some heavy Adidas shoes during the 3 peat .

KingBeasley08
11-25-2013, 11:09 PM
RG3 is shit too now. F*** you adidas :mad:

CavaliersFTW
11-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Light shoes are better. They encourage you to run the natural way with the front of your feet which prevents injuries, but some still run with their heels which is very dangerous. Heavy shoes encourage you to heel run.

Your right on the money about this.

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 11:13 PM

that is just running. basketball is more than running. thats why running shoes are built differently than basketball shoes.

Psycho
11-25-2013, 11:17 PM

Light shoes are better for running in a straight line without stopping. For a sport like basektball, where you are constantly starting, stopping, and changing direction all the impact on your ankles and knees would take in light shoes would not be good.

CavaliersFTW
11-25-2013, 11:17 PM
that is just running. basketball is more than running. thats why running shoes are built differently than basketball shoes.
Padded basketball shoes encourage horrible habits just like gimmicky 'padded' running shoes though. And the same types of lower leg injuries and stresses like chronic shinsplints and knee ailments will occur if your not aware. Actually, in basketball the risks are even higher, because in basketball there is much more lateral movement... even more tendons and lower leg areas get stressed such as say... an ACL or MCL.

Run on your toes, the natural way, and your feet absorb impact like they're supposed too. Buy into the 'padding' hype and allow yourself to land on your heels, and you can be just like Derrick Rose.

Clifton
11-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Rasheed Wallace used to wear Air Force Ones. In the 00s.

You don't need a light shoe; you need a well-made shoe. If the shoe's well-made, you can get away with a fair amount of material. I've played in some famously light shoes; I've also played in some famously bulky-looking air max-type ones. Never noticed a difference after the first layup of shootaround.

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 11:27 PM
https://p.twimg.com/ArnjTkACIAAKBE4.jpg

flipogb
11-25-2013, 11:29 PM
LeBrons , everyone should just wear them

miggyme1
11-25-2013, 11:29 PM

Y is jeremy lin on there? I dont get it. U should of put ware or somebody

jamal99
11-26-2013, 04:44 AM
Wanted to buy adiZero Rose 773 II, but having second thoughts :lol

uoykcuf
11-26-2013, 04:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Dlj8NK8.jpg

Eric Cartman
11-26-2013, 06:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Dlj8NK8.jpg

What is this meme called?

rustycage
11-26-2013, 06:47 AM
You forgot Gallinari!

b0bab0i
11-26-2013, 06:50 AM
What is this meme called?
It's not a meme. It's an online comic strip. Cyanide and happiness.

rock la familia
11-26-2013, 08:57 AM
previous hyperdunks were awesome. zoom air + flywire and vents.

OhNoTimNoSho
11-26-2013, 01:18 PM
their playing style was alot different from what it is today. and what do you think causes ligament tears? its just a coincidence that rose tore his acl on a hard jump stop to the ground?
Please provide even the tiniest documented scientific proof or research that shoes can cause any sort of ligament damage in professional athletes..

I'm sure you're like a Ph'd in sports physical therapy or something, but outside of the teenagers on this message board and some bullshit online blogs there has never been any association made between shoes and f*cking acl tears. It would take a complete lack of understanding of human physiology to even think that any shoe could ever cause an ACL tear.

You don't think the billion dollar sports industry would dedicate some attention to something like that if it could be true? How many people you think play basketball in those same exact shoes? How many of those people you think have torn ligaments? 1%? 0.1%? 0.001%?

Its called a freak injury.