PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: D-will(twolves) trade is close. Possible destinations:Knicks, Kings,Jazz, Nets

Levity
11-25-2013, 05:19 PM
https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/405067868791767040

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

Buzz from Mohegan Sun event over the weekend where #Twolves GM Milt Newton was: D-Will trade is close. Utah, Sac. NYK, Nets possible.

Thoughts?

He was the number 2 pick a few seasons back, but hasnt really had too much time on the court this season. He got ample oppurtunity last season with love and the rest of the wolves injured. and for a short stretch, he was putting up respectable numbers. However, it seems like he fell out of the rotations yet again for minny

so is he a 3? or an undersized 4? and does he help any of those rumored teams hes going to? what kind of return should the wolves expect?

niko
11-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Initial thought is person made this up, they are going to send him to Knicks for Amare and change? Because that's all we have.

pegasus
11-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Bagelred: OP is a ph@ggot.:facepalm

nerds
11-25-2013, 05:40 PM
About time DWILL was set free!

Twolves have screwed with him and in a few years there is a good chance that it will be said "that's all they got for Williams?".

Nets - will give them a major shot in the arm with his explosive play
Kings - he'll be automatic
Jazz - will quickly take over!

Can't wait

brantonli
11-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Damn why add the (twolves) in the title?

But on a different note, what kind of players are the Wolves looking to acquire? A 2014 draft pick (unlikely for Williams unless heavily protected)? Or a better SG?

CelticBaller
11-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Set mah ***** Derrick free :banana:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-25-2013, 05:42 PM
To Knicks for Iman Shumpert. Watch.

niko
11-25-2013, 05:44 PM
To Knicks for Iman Shumpert. Watch.
and Amare. Because salaries need to match.

Levity
11-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Damn why add the (twolves) in the title?

haha. i tend to not latch onto others jokes.

sorry, ISH.

Jameerthefear
11-25-2013, 05:46 PM
and Amare. Because salaries need to match.
steal for the knicks if that happens :lol (it won't).

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Kings badly need some fire power to help Cousins and Thomas and it would sure up the SF spot with him and LRMAM spliting time there, it would allow us to look for a starting PG (to allow Isaiah to keep playing 6th man).

There been rumours Adelman want's Chuck Hayes cause he plays his system perfectly but I think we would have to throw in something else.

flipogb
11-25-2013, 05:56 PM
he needs to be a stretch PF, hope the team that trades for him has this in mind.

alenleomessi
11-25-2013, 06:01 PM
he sucks
its probably for teletovic or something like that

brantonli
11-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Kings badly need some fire power to help Cousins and Thomas and it would sure up the SF spot with him and LRMAM spliting time there, it would allow us to look for a starting PG (to allow Isaiah to keep playing 6th man).

There been rumours Adelman want' Chuck Hayes cause he plays his system perfectly but I think we would have to throw in something else.

Marcus Thorton?

outbreak
11-25-2013, 06:17 PM
thornton or shumpert I imagine
He has talent he just needs to find a role

FireDavidKahn
11-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Please get this turd off this team. He is more concerned about looking cool on the court than actually playing basketball.

TheReturn
11-25-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't really like his game.

HylianNightmare
11-25-2013, 06:22 PM
how could he help the knicks or nets?

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Marcus Thorton?
Yeah the Wolves colour commentator said during there loss to the Clippers they could use a Jamal Crawford type player...but @8mil a season for two years how does it impact there ability to resign K Love?

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Dan Barreiro ‏@DanBarreiroKFAN46m
@cosmicatomic Just laid them out: Deal all but done for defensive player that will not blow your mind from name standpoint. Almost no value.
Describes one Chuck Hayes, could also be Luke Richard (I hope not but would make more sense) maybe even Jason Thompson since the "no value" part.

veilside23
11-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Describes one Chuck Hayes, could also be Luke Richard (I hope not but would make more sense)

REGGIE EVANS FTW :D AHAHAHAHAHA

Levity
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Describes one Chuck Hayes, could also be Luke Richard (I hope not but would make more sense)

really does sound like hayes, who would be a good fit with the wolves since dieng still has a ways to go before becoming a good defensive shot blocker.

With this trade, the wolves still lack a shot blocker on the inside, but theyll have two good defensive centers to pair love with.

On the Kings side of it, depending how they use williams (a 3 or stretch 4), he could prove to be a good scoring option. Luc looks good with the starting line up as their defensive guy, but i can see them interchanging him with williams in some games to help spread the floor for big cuz down low. Or possibly having a 2 tweener forward line up with williams and luc.

but with patterson finally looking like he can be a consistent option, its really hard to figure out what the kings want. cause they sure do have a shit load of power forwards.

longtime lurker
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Describes one Chuck Hayes, could also be Luke Richard (I hope not but would make more sense) maybe even Jason Thompson since the "no value" part.

Knicks will raise you 3 first rounders, 2 second rounders and personal performance by JAmes Dolan's band

FireDavidKahn
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
It isn't Hayes. Local reporters saying the team doesn't have any interest in him.

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
really does sound like hayes, who would be a good fit with the wolves since dieng still has a ways to go before becoming a good defensive shot blocker.

With this trade, the wolves still lack a shot blocker on the inside, but theyll have two good defensive centers to pair love with.

On the Kings side of it, depending how they use williams (a 3 or stretch 4), he could prove to be a good scoring option. Luc looks good with the starting line up as their defensive guy, but i can see them interchanging him with williams in some games to help spread the floor for big cuz down low. Or possibly having a 2 tweener forward line up with williams and luc.

but with patterson finally looking like he can be a consistent option, its really hard to figure out what the kings want. cause they sure do have a shit load of power forwards.
If the Kings pull this off and get Williams than imo we try package Vasquez/Patterson/for a starting level PG since they are both expiring deals maybe go after Kyle Lowry or something. Williams can do everything Patterson does and he can split time atthe 3 with Luke, I'm over Vasquez dude ain't a starter,he needs to give half his salary to Monty Williams for making him look that good.

Levity
11-25-2013, 07:00 PM
It isn't Hayes. Local reporters saying the team doesn't have any interest in him.

hmm interesting. wonder what low key defender these teams have that the wolves would want? I dont see the need for shumpert on the wolves, unless hes going to play back up PG or SG. and in that case, maybe shved or jj are added to the trade.

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Maybe Jason Thompson than they need another big

cuad
11-25-2013, 07:11 PM
John Salmons is a low key "defender". D:

Miles and Miles
11-25-2013, 07:48 PM
I think at this point 12 of the Kings 15 players are basically available. The MOST available players would be: Salmons, Chuck, Thorton, and Jason Thompson. Take your pick.

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson1h
@SportsTalk916 Just that Thompson makes too much $$ and Hayes is not in great shape. So I'd wager it's neither of those two.
If it's the Kings it has to be Prince Luke :cry:

Levity
11-25-2013, 08:11 PM
If it's the Kings it has to be Prince Luke :cry:

thats too bad, if true. His defensive versatility is great for this team. i was impressed the way they put him on cp3 and how well he did while guarding him

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 08:14 PM
thats too bad, if true. His defensive versatility is great for this team. i was impressed the way they put him on cp3 and how well he did while guarding him
Yeah dude might be the most versitle defender in the NBA so far in the few games he's played he's been asked to guard Cp3, JJ Redick, LMA, Marc Gasol and done a solid job on all.

I have a hard time seeing Mike Malone giving him up at this point in time.

brantonli
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM

That's pretty surprising. Hayes definitely knows Adelman's system, having played in it for 4 seasons.

Xiao Yao You
11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ld5s4ev

Get it done! :cheers:

andremiller07
11-25-2013, 09:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ld5s4ev

Get it done! :cheers:
They just traded him for Prince Luke

Miles and Miles
11-25-2013, 09:52 PM
If it's the Kings it has to be Prince Luke :cry: no deal. I can't see us giving him up. Coach is looking for D and he is all we got.

Eric Cartman
11-25-2013, 09:54 PM
no deal. I can't see us giving him up. Coach is looking for D and he is all we got.

Think again.