PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Flow Offense

Jameerthefear
11-25-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY74uZBN3OE&feature=youtu.be

:applause:

chips93
11-25-2013, 06:10 PM
that was awesome, watching as the video progresses, the blazers going deeper into the play, having to go to 2nd and 3rd options.

it looked a little like the wolves offense, with lots of action starting from the elbows, only with the passer at the top of the key, rather than the other elbow.

nice find

Myth
11-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Awesome video. Thanks for the share.

The passing from the elbow is one of the things that I have frequently mentioned as a great addition as a modified version of what the 2011 Mavs did. If you get near the free throw line, you are in a place where you can pass to any player on the court, which is so useful for teams with 3 point shooters.

Myth
11-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Btw, Aldridge is player of the week and Matthews was a nominee for it.

T-Time3
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
it was simple yet deadly. yea, reminded me a bit of 2011 mavs.
i like this year's blazers chance on making the playoffs noise
LMA is just deadly on the post

Andi
11-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Wow this was beautiful to watch, amazed by this years Blazers:pimp:

Jameerthefear
11-25-2013, 08:50 PM
I love watching this video. All the offball movement, screens, and good passes. It's how basketball was meant to be played man :applause:

KNOW1EDGE
11-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Blazers are a great TEAM

They all know their role and play it well, they have great chemistry, and no one plays selfish or just for stats.

Hope they can make it out of the 1st round this year, it will be tough in the West though.

Clifton
11-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Great vid.

Everyone's always doing something. The ball is always moving and so are the players.

Why can't coaches figure out this is the way to go? After watching so many Scott Brooks and Mike Brown offenses it's easy to forget that this is actually what basketball is supposed to look like played at a high level.

KobeClutchAsFK
11-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Great vid.

Everyone's always doing something. The ball is always moving and so are the players.

Why can't coaches figure out this is the way to go? After watching so many Scott Brooks and Mike Brown offenses it's easy to forget that this is actually what basketball is supposed to look like played at a high level.

I know right? I can't handle how bad scott brooks' and brown's offenses are. Makes the game ugly to watch.

R.I.P.
11-25-2013, 09:18 PM
it was simple yet deadly. yea, reminded me a bit of 2011 mavs.
i like this year's blazers chance on making the playoffs noise
LMA is just deadly on the post

Guess that is what happens when you sign the offensive coordinator of the Mavs championship team as your head coach.

Jameerthefear
11-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Bump. Blazers playing right now atm.

roffie
11-25-2013, 11:48 PM
man its incredibly hard to guard the blazers wen everyone can make shots

Myth
11-26-2013, 04:31 AM
man its incredibly hard to guard the blazers wen everyone can make shots

Yeah, it makes me incredibly hard too.

Wavves
11-26-2013, 04:50 AM
:oldlol: same

roffie
11-26-2013, 05:00 AM

lold :oldlol:

salwan
11-26-2013, 06:28 AM
gotta respect such teamwork :applause: ando no iso-ball

Nash
11-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Lillard is doing what the last few years #1 picks like Irving and Wall can't do which is make his team play winning ball.

grantz
11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Lillard is doing what the last few years #1 picks like Irving and Wall can't do which is make his team play winning ball.

Lillard also underestimates his own team in the preseason thinking they can improve to 5 more wins this season. Lot of people balked at that but look at the blazers now... Great team.

ralph_i_el
11-26-2013, 12:25 PM

Yeah Lillard is way better than Irving and Wall at being drafted to a team with better players who aren't always hurt. :applause:

To4
11-26-2013, 01:10 PM
LMA really got a sweet stroke

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Lillard also underestimates his own team in the preseason thinking they can improve to 5 more wins this season. Lot of people balked at that but look at the blazers now... Great team.

A little early to call them great. Teams will make adjustments to them.

Jailblazers7
11-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I think what makes that offense so hard to guard is that it is really simple (fairly easy to execute) yet very complex from a defensive standpoint. There is a ton of movement and it is not just lazy UCLA cuts or a v-cut. They are aggressive movements that give leeway for different things to branch off from them. You get to see in the video as the team adjusts by making curls, flares, PnR actions, etc. It really is beautiful to see players with talent like the Blazers have run an offense like that.

kurple
11-26-2013, 05:02 PM
I think what makes that offense so hard to guard is that it is really simple (fairly easy to execute) yet very complex from a defensive standpoint. There is a ton of movement and it is not just lazy UCLA cuts or a v-cut. They are aggressive movements that give leeway for different things to branch off from them. You get to see in the video as the team adjusts by making curls, flares, PnR actions, etc. It really is beautiful to see players with talent like the Blazers have run an offense like that.
i havent watched a lot of blazers games. but how different is the offense now from last year? or is the difference just that you're now hitting the shots you get (with better players)

Jailblazers7
11-26-2013, 05:18 PM
I think a big difference is just the bench depth on this team, especially in the backcourt. Dorrell Wright and Mo Williams have been really solid contributors off the bench which avoids a significant drop off. Add in Thomas Robinson and you have a really solid 8 man rotation. The bigs really help the offense work by setting good screens, which I think is an underrated attribute for Robin and T-Rob. Of course, guys just get better too. Lillard looks sharper, turns it over less, gives better effort on defense, etc.

Defense is probably the most important factor tho. They have a legitimate front line now with Robin and LMA with T-Rob and a mix of Freeland/Leonard which has made things a lot easier. They ranked 21st in points per game defensively last season and they are now 10th.

Burgz V2
11-26-2013, 05:23 PM
watched the Knicks/Blazers game yesterday, Terry Stots really has these guys sharing the ball. We'll see how long that lasts, but it's tough to beat them when they get so many consecutive open looks. I'm not really sure why they don't just pressure the passer to put it on the floor? I noticed the Knicks started doing that about midway in the 2nd and then they went to pick and roll. I would say do that but Lillard and Aldridge are great pick and roll players, plus Wes Matthews and Batum can shoot either corner three, so they really spread you out. Rick Carlisle must have taught this guy some tricks :lol

Jameerthefear
11-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Knicks/Blazers game was entertaining. Blazers are really exciting to watch now.