PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Knicks so horrible?

Nick Young
11-26-2013, 10:24 AM
They are the biggest joke team in the NBA. Even when they get the 2 seed no one fears them.

So what is it that makes them so awful?

Bad roster?
Bad coaching?
Combination of the two?

MSG is the Mecca of basketball amirite?:confusedshrug:

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 10:27 AM
coach Woodson's decision making, too much ball stopping, no continuity, defense iz horrible, and court awarness.... but we still can turn this around believe it or not.

TheReturn
11-26-2013, 10:35 AM
If you take a serious look at their roster, you realize they're just not that good.

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
If you take a serious look at their roster, you realize they're just not that good.
false. We have tha potential to be a championship team bro.

DaSeba5
11-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Their roster doesn't click

Their coach is terrible

They don't play defense

They don't have a cohesive offense

They have a "Me" mentality

Basically everything you see in a selfish bad basketball team

MetsPackers
11-26-2013, 10:39 AM
It's everything. Roster, coaching staff, GM, owner, everything, rebounding, offense, defense. They should just accept that a championship is impossible in the next 5 years, do everything they can to save cap and trade for young players, and NO MATTER WHAT FUTURE DRAFT PICKS ARE OFF THE TABLE. Holy shit after all the last decade you'd think they'd get the fvcking point by now. Oh, we don't have the players to make a deal for this washed up star? Here's 3 future draft picks. Fvck I hate this team I liked them more during the horrible Marbury years. Rather be terrible with some solid young guys than mediocre with washed up stars

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 10:40 AM
It's everything. Roster, coaching staff, GM, owner, everything, rebounding, offense, defense. They should just accept that a championship is impossible in the next 5 years, do everything they can to save cap and trade for young players, and NO MATTER WHAT FUTURE DRAFT PICKS ARE OFF THE TABLE. Holy shit after all the last decade you'd think they'd get the fvcking point by now. Oh, we don't have the players to make a deal for this washed up star? Here's 3 future draft picks. Fvck I hate this team I liked them more during the horrible Marbury years. Rather be terrible with some solid young guys than mediocre with washed up stars
damn, u have no faith in your team whatsoever:coleman:

MetsPackers
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
damn, u have no faith in your team whatsoever:coleman:

Alright so if the Knicks make it past the first round (lol @playoffs) I leave the board forever, and if they don't you do. Deal?

Real Men Wear Green
11-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Alright so if the Knicks make it past the first round (lol @playoffs) I leave the board forever, and if they don't you do. Deal?
Do you know how many times he's allegedly left the board forever? Your bet would be worthless.

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Deal.:coleman:

airchibundo507
11-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Basically replace healthy Tyson Chandler (net positive) with Andrea Bargnani and Amare Stoudemire at center (net negatives), with both of them often being on the court at the same time.

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Do you know how many times he's allegedly left the board forever? Your bet would be worthless.
no it won't. I would actually leave this time. Think about it, we can be either 4th, 5th or 6th seed and still would not lose in tha 1st round. there's actually 69 games left too. Think about dem damn apples.

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Basically replace healthy Tyson Chandler (net positive) with Andrea Bargnani and Amare Stoudemire at center (net negatives), with both of them often being on the court at the same time.
Stoudemire should be starting and start at center anyway just lik 2011. Chandler actually messes up amare with floor spacing. So yea i agree let Chandler come off tha bench.

MetsPackers
11-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Stoudemire should be starting and start at center anyway just lik 2011. Chandler actually messes up amare with floor spacing. So yea i agree let Chandler come off tha bench.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 11:00 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
its true, Stoudemire needs to be a main option again for us to win again and be amazing, and everybody knows Stoudemire can't excel with Chandler. Something have to change in order for us to be good again and you know dis.

TheReturn
11-26-2013, 11:03 AM
false. We have tha potential to be a championship team bro.
Outside of Melo and Chandler, none of the players would be consistent contributors on a championship team. Alright, maybe K-Mart as a big off the bench.

hawkfan
11-26-2013, 11:09 AM
1. No point guard who can get to the rim.
2. Carmelo Anthony hasn't significantly improved his game from last year.
3. There isn't a good passer in the front court.
4. Amare Stoudemire is adjusting to coming off the bench.
5. Tyson Chandler is hurt.
6. Mike Woodson's coaching has not been creative. Give this roster to George Karl and the Knicks would a more interesting team to watch (this may happen).
7. Lack of confidence - lose a few games in a row, confidence gets shot, it becomes a vicious cycle.
8. Some games lost to bad execution.
9. Not playing young players to develop them. Why are Hardaway and Aldrich getting so many DNPs when this team needs some youth and athleticism?

Sarcastic
11-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Mike Woodson is an awful awful coach. He got fired off a 50 win season for a reason.

hawkfan
11-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Mike Woodson is an awful awful coach. He got fired off a 50 win season for a reason.

He got fired in Atlanta because he insisted on double teaming Dwight Howard in the playoffs and the players quit on him.

The Hawks should have won that series. His coaching cost us.

Right now, he is doing what ownership and management want him to do - run isos for Melo and JR -that's the whole offense.

If anything, he should specifically run plays for Amare when he comes in off the bench, and pick spots where he runs plays for Bargnani.

T-Time3
11-26-2013, 11:17 AM
they miss one ingredient doe.

LINSANITY !!!!!
http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/02/23/%23linsanity_610x812.jpg

Mr. Incredible
11-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Notice how once Melo started swinging the ball from side to side, they got back into the game. You can tell his teammates are getting tired of playing with him if you listen to their press conferences.

Nick Young
11-26-2013, 11:19 AM
1. No point guard who can get to the rim.

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/lin-kobe/jeremy-lin-linsanity-kobe-bryant-14.jpg
:banana: :banana: :banana:

hawkfan
11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/lin-kobe/jeremy-lin-linsanity-kobe-bryant-14.jpg
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Exactly.

:applause:

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 11:23 AM
So what is it that makes them so awful?

Bad roster?
Bad coaching?
Combination of the two?

Bad culture

coin24
11-26-2013, 11:24 AM
They could use a decent pg, there offense is stagnant as fu*k. Also the D is non existent.
Woodson is useless and they're all playing like scrubs basically.

Time to blow it up, or get a beast to throw the ball down low to:oldlol:

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 11:27 AM

You really think a different coach would make this team a contender? Or even respectable?

Mike Woodson isn't a very good coach, but that's not even the MAIN reason this team is trash. You act as if he's the one thing holding them back from being a powerhouse.

My god you are a foolish homer (sexual)

Dagouch
11-26-2013, 11:28 AM
I kinda Agree with MetsPackers. I really wish he was wrong but it's getting apparent that it may be the case.

This team is free falling and bad. I'm not sure what our offense is.

Would Lin have been a difference maker for the team? Half the people on ISH think he was an over achiever Scrub while other's think he was the Savior.

The real reason we are horrible is Dolan. We gave up a lot of assets to get Melo. Do I think we still get Melo if the trade wasn't done is 50/50.

I think we can still turn it around especially in the East but enough saying from Woodson about not panicking. With this road trip starting it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

Sarcastic
11-26-2013, 11:31 AM
He got fired in Atlanta because he insisted on double teaming Dwight Howard in the playoffs and the players quit on him.

The Hawks should have won that series. His coaching cost us.

Right now, he is doing what ownership and management want him to do - run isos for Melo and JR -that's the whole offense.

If anything, he should specifically run plays for Amare when he comes in off the bench, and pick spots where he runs plays for Bargnani.

His team is quitting on him now. He has killed the one good young player (Shump) that they have, and is on his way to ruining the other (Hardaway).

hawkfan
11-26-2013, 11:34 AM
You really think a different coach would make this team a contender? Or even respectable?

Mike Woodson isn't a very good coach, but that's not even the MAIN reason this team is trash. You act as if he's the one thing holding them back from being a powerhouse.

My god you are a foolish homer

George Karl could make this team better.
Not saying great, but definitely better.
Might as well bring him in - Dolan likes big names, and Karl is a big name coach.

hawkfan
11-26-2013, 11:35 AM
His team is quitting on him now. He has killed the one good young player (Shump) that they have, and is on his way to ruining the other (Hardaway).

Shumpert needs to sit because he doesn't seem healthy.
Hardaway and Aldrich sitting on the bench makes no sense.

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 11:39 AM
George Karl could make this team better.
Not saying great, but definitely better.
Might as well bring him in - Dolan likes big names, and Karl is a big name coach.

I don't think Karl wants any part of Melo. He trashed him repeatedly after he left Denver.

hawkfan
11-26-2013, 11:41 AM
I don't think Karl wants any part of Melo. He trashed him repeatedly after he left Denver.

Maybe.
But then again, it's unfinished business for both of them.
Melo wants a ring, and so does Karl.
Kobe and Phil Jackson worked it out - maybe Melo and Karl could.
Maybe. Who knows.

STATUTORY
11-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Maybe.
Maybe. Who knows.

Melo doesn't want a ring, he thinks he does

gasolina
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM
All these Amare vs. Chandler talk had me thinking. Has the league changed so much that you can't field a traditional C-PF-SF lineup and be successful? How different are those three from the Pacers, Grizzlies, Spurs, Blazers who still use conventional lineups.

kurple
11-26-2013, 12:25 PM
coach Woodson's decision making, too much ball stopping, no continuity, defense iz horrible, and court awarness.... but we still can turn this around believe it or not.
will knicks fans every stop blaming the coach?

kurple
11-26-2013, 12:27 PM
problem is Melo should be a 1a or 1b option. and the rest of the roster just isnt good enough

STATUTORY
11-26-2013, 12:28 PM
will knicks fans every stop blaming the coach?

They are melo jockers livin in denial

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Maybe.
Maybe. Who knows.

Well if George Karl looks at this team and thinks he can win a ring with them, his family needs to have him committed.

ZenMaster
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I kinda Agree with MetsPackers. I really wish he was wrong but it's getting apparent that it may be the case.

This team is free falling and bad. I'm not sure what our offense is.

Would Lin have been a difference maker for the team? Half the people on ISH think he was an over achiever Scrub while other's think he was the Savior.

The real reason we are horrible is Dolan. We gave up a lot of assets to get Melo. Do I think we still get Melo if the trade wasn't done is 50/50.

I think we can still turn it around especially in the East but enough saying from Woodson about not panicking. With this road trip starting it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

There is no real offense because some players don't want to play it. They had D'Antoni and hhis teams always play good offense when players do like he says.
But Knicks players didn't want that and a lot of fans alike. Instead they wanted the pace down to a "championship level" so Woodson has made offense that sets Melo up in his preferred spot: 1on1 mid-range. When your plays are supposed to be finished from 1on1 instead of movement, passes and open shots you will get stagnant offense.

Knicks players don't want to move and work hard if they feel they can get away with not doing it yet still cash a good paycheck. It's the same reason for swithcing pickn'rolls on defense, wing players below the ball wont have rotate and move while communicating. People thought this was a D'Antoni thing but it's very much on the players.

Teanett
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Well if George Karl looks at this team and thinks he can win a ring with them, his family needs to have him committed.

exactly my thought, but i believe he would do a better job than woodson right now.

Horde of Temujin
11-26-2013, 12:38 PM
I didnt see the whole game. The offense looked good the first two possessions with assists to Bargs and Udrih from Melo, i dont know what happened after.

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I didnt see the whole game. The offense looked good the first two possessions with assists to Bargs and Udrih from Melo, i dont know what happened after.
Woodson and tha knicks didn't know what happened either:facepalm

Horde of Temujin
11-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Woodson and tha knicks didn't know what happened either:facepalm

Do yourself a favor and put your support on hold while Dolan is owner.

I did a long while ago and i feel so much better without that misery and perpetual frustration that comes with being a Knicks fan since he took over.

Dolan is such an asshole that he justifies such an action.

Now, i take delight in their failures.

Ah... sweet sweet Schadenfreude

Trentknicks
11-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Shumpert needs to sit because he doesn't seem healthy.
Hardaway and Aldrich sitting on the bench makes no sense.
You are honestly the shittiest poster here without question. A George Karl and Melo/JR/ K Mart reunion, how cosy!

iDunk
11-26-2013, 04:37 PM
We aren't that bad. Nature of the regular season, we'll be a different team in say .. 10-15 games.

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Do yourself a favor and put your support on hold while Dolan is owner.

I did a long while ago and i feel so much better without that misery and perpetual frustration that comes with being a Knicks fan since he took over.

Dolan is such an asshole that he justifies such an action.

Now, i take delight in their failures.

Ah... sweet sweet Schadenfreude
Dolan iz definitely horrible but like Ewing said "once a knick, always a knick" and I will always will be a knick fan even if i moved to another state I will always be a knicks fan. Either that, or don't watch tha NBA at all.