PDA

View Full Version : Pistons are getting good.

Duderonomy
11-26-2013, 02:51 PM
This is one team I've had my eye on, possible 1st round spoiler. They got youth and size. Monroe, Dummond and Smith as your front court :eek: I think they are started to put it together and they waxed us the other night.

Inferno
11-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Stuckey has been great off the bench

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Well theyre not gonna upset the heat or pacers, and every other team in the first round is gonna suck, so I dunno who exactly theyll spoil anything for.

coin24
11-26-2013, 03:18 PM
They can challenge the hawks for 3rd seed, it's not like any other teams will.
Shit the bobcats are trying to win and can't even beat the tanking teams:oldlol:

gyu
11-26-2013, 03:42 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Josh Smith as your best player and throwing up 6 three's a game is not going to get you far.

JMT
11-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Their two highest volume shooters are also their loowest percentage shooters, struggling to hit 38% between them. That won't suddenly change, and you don't get far in the playoffs with that approach.

They've got some nice young pieces. Why they chose to surround them with the suckitude that is Jennings I have no idea. Smith can do some nice things, but until he (and the leagues front offices) get it out of their collective heads that he's a "star", nothing good will happen for him or them.

strifed169
11-26-2013, 05:36 PM
How does 40% Jennings continue to get a starting gig?

JMT
11-26-2013, 05:37 PM

40%? He'd have to go on a tear to get to 40%.

Levity
11-26-2013, 05:57 PM

hes playing great with detroits front court. had something like 4 double doubles this season (points/assists).

hes also not really looking for his shot as much.... well, at least not as early in the game. he still tries to play some hero ball in the 4th.

Jon_Koncak
11-26-2013, 06:21 PM
They're gettin good cause they beat Nets and shitty Bucks?I think they have a solid roster,but haven't had a statement win yet

Crown&Coke
11-26-2013, 06:48 PM
40%? He'd have to go on a tear to get to 40%.

:lol

Fresh Kid
11-26-2013, 06:58 PM
November 26, 2013. Thank you very damn much.

Aussie Dunker
11-26-2013, 07:02 PM
One trade away from truly unlocking our potential - still a bit of a mess at the moment.

I would be trying to trade Smith for someone like Batum / Leonard

But we are more likely to move Monroe (unfortunately) and slide Smith to the PF.

Jennings has started to switch on, but would still pursue a Monroe / Rondo trade if we were to trade Monroe (as rumored). Perhaps Monroe + Jennings for Rondo + green would work...

Stuckey has finally accepted that 6th man role and is thriving being the leader off the bench - looks like a very natural fit for him now...

In the end - this team is more than likely one trade away from completion - I hope we move Smith, but will most likely be Monroe..

Will only get better as the season progresses - possible first round spoiler to anyone outside of the heat / pacers...

JMT
11-26-2013, 07:03 PM
hes playing great with detroits front court. had something like 4 double doubles this season (points/assists).

eh, figures lie and liars figure.

He has 5 double-digit assist games this season. The team is 2-3 in those games. In those games, jennings has shot a putrid 26-75 from 2. He has been good from 3 (12-30) in those contests.

I just don't see a team winning consistently with him as a starting guard.

Dr. Ice
11-26-2013, 07:07 PM
their offense is horrid to watch, they wont be going far

Levity
11-26-2013, 07:10 PM
eh, figures lie and liars figure.

He has 5 double-digit assist games this season. The team is 2-3 in those games. In those games, jennings has shot a putrid 26-75 from 2. He has been good from 3 (12-30) in those contests.

No team will win with him as a starting guard.

thus, the 2nd part of my post.

but like i said, hes playing great with detroits front court. and while i do feel he ball hogs in the 4th, that close game against i want to say portland where he literally took the teams final 5 or 6 shots, mo cheeks has said hes ok with the shots jennings takes cause he feels theyre good looks and not forced. so until their coach talks to him about those shots, or ultimately, benches him down the stretch, hes going to continue to chuck it at times.

Levity
11-26-2013, 07:13 PM
what this team really needs is a shooter on the wings. smith is not that guy. in fact, he hasnt really looked good at the 3 all year. singlers looked good the past couple games, but theres no way he takes smith's minutes at the 3.

Fudge
11-26-2013, 07:22 PM
They're talented, but nobody in that starting lineup has a brain outside of Chauncey or Singler. They won't get far.

andremiller07
11-26-2013, 07:28 PM
They're talented, but nobody in that starting lineup has a brain outside of Chauncey or Singler. They won't get far.
Monroe has very high IQ as well

Duderonomy
12-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Beating The Heat on the road deserves a bump. Between Detroit and Washington who has more upside?

sportsfan76
12-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Beating The Heat on the road deserves a bump. Between Detroit and Washington who has more upside?

Dwayne Wade didn't play which means this is was a POINTLESS BUMP:facepalm

MMM
12-04-2013, 11:24 PM

Josh Smith as your best player and throwing up 6 three's a game is not going to get you far.

Josh Smith is not there best player. While I don't see them making much noise in the playoffs I do see them as a team that can take a lot out of their opponent. If I'm Miami or Indiana I would rather see Atlanta, Chicago, or an Atlantic team rather than Detroit.

secund2nun
12-04-2013, 11:27 PM
They had good potential until idiot Dumars ruined it with the Josh Smith and Jennings signings. A clown is a much better president than Dumars.

hawksdogsbraves
12-04-2013, 11:29 PM
They're not really a good team, but of all the shitty teams in the East I think they're the one the Heat would least like to see in the first round just because their size could give them trouble.

sfballa13
12-05-2013, 12:06 AM
If Celtics want Moose here is the deal:

Jennings, Monroe, Stuckey, Jerebko, Bynum, Charlie V
for
Rondo, Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, Sullinger, Bass

Rondo / Billups
KCP / Singler
Green / Wallace
Smith / Bass
Drummond / Sullinger / Harrelson

That's a 3-4 seed in the East this year

gyu
12-05-2013, 02:44 AM

I got negged for thinking Josh Smith isn't good?

Trentknicks
12-05-2013, 02:49 AM
I really hope they don't trade Monroe. Was really hoping to enjoy the Monroe/Drummond and previously Robinson/Cousins front courts develop in a league full of stretch 4's.

gyu
12-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Negged again...

"Negged for being a dumbazz bch who knows nothing about basketball. Go back to ur farm bch - UR DAD"

MiseryCityTexas
12-06-2013, 01:54 AM
Stuckey has been great off the bench

good that's where he deserves to be. He has his moments where he can go off for spurts, but then theres the games where he plays like Allen Iverson on sherm and crack rocks. Having Stucky in the starting lineup is a coin flip.

MMM
12-06-2013, 01:58 AM
If Celtics want Moose here is the deal:

Jennings, Monroe, Stuckey, Jerebko, Bynum, Charlie V
for
Rondo, Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, Sullinger, Bass

Rondo / Billups
KCP / Singler
Green / Wallace
Smith / Bass
Drummond / Sullinger / Harrelson

That's a 3-4 seed in the East this year
Their current team is going to be around 3-4 in the East this year. Also do people watch them or just look at the numbers because I think Jennings is playing better than his numbers indicate. His positives are better than the negatives overall. They are getting a lot of transition points and easy points in the paint and thus far he has been a willing passer.

MMM
12-06-2013, 02:03 AM

Josh Smith has his flaws but the leagues is filled with good players and even great players that have massive holes in their game. Still not sure why you would think he is their best player yet not a good player. The Pistons have legit talent in their lineup.

MiseryCityTexas
12-06-2013, 02:08 AM
I think the Pistons are just as good as the Pacers and Heat.

gyu
12-06-2013, 02:23 AM
Josh Smith has his flaws but the leagues is filled with good players and even great players that have massive holes in their game. Still not sure why you would think he is their best player yet not a good player. The Pistons have legit talent in their lineup.
Well I don't think he's good enough to lead a team in the East to anything more than a first round exit in the playoffs is what I mean. Is he above average? Yes, but I think in an ideal world he would be a 3rd-4th option guy kind like Iguodala.

MMM
12-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Well I don't think he's good enough to lead a team in the East to anything more than a first round exit in the playoffs is what I mean. Is he above average? Yes, but I think in an ideal world he would be a 3rd-4th option guy kind like Iguodala.

Depending on who they play I see Detroit going to the 2nd round and at least 6 hard fought games vs. Ind/Mia. Smith is not going to lead he is a complimentary player but it depends on how good the players are around him if they are going to advance in the playoffs. He can definitely be a 2-3 piece on a contender depending on who the #1 piece. For example put him on the Heat in exchange for Wade or Bosh and I think that team is still favs to win it all.

D.J.
12-06-2013, 02:56 AM
A lot of people were predicting Detroit to be a low seed playoff team if everyone was healthy. Since it's unlikely the East is going to get much stronger, even the 5th-6th seed isn't out of reach.

Inferno
12-06-2013, 02:58 AM
I think the Pistons are just as good as the Pacers and Heat.

I wouldn't go that far...but they can definitely give them trouble in a series, especially the Heat