PDA

View Full Version : Start your franchise with Rodman or Kobe?

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Both have 5 rings, but both performed different roles for their respective teams.

Personally, Im going to go with Rodman.

I feel like Rodman is a guy who comes along far less often than Kobe. If you look at it in context, Kobe is basically just Iverson, Melo, Arenas, etc. playing for a great franchise for a long time. The Lakers made Kobe rather than the other way around. Otherwise he's TMac. There are really no metrics that show Kobe is anywhere near a top alltime player.

But Rodman? Dude is literally in the argument for GOAT defender/rebounder. As a player - as opposed to in terms of prestige - he was a modern day Bill Russell. No team ever wants to face a guy like Rodman. Players literally dread having to go up against him, he gets in their head with his antics and demoralizes them. He wins extra possessions for his team, and that adds up like crazy.

Whereas a lot of teams don't mind facing players like Kobe, because they know they can just let him get all the points he wants and shut down the other guys (presuming there's no Shaq or prime Gasol) and eventually they'll win at the end when Kobe start going cold at the end of the game.

So that's my case.

Who yawl takin?

moe94
11-26-2013, 04:06 PM
There have been more Kobes than there have been Rodmans.

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 04:09 PM
There have been more Kobes than there have been Rodmans.

Exactly, they just weren't lucky enough to play for the Lakers.

moe94
11-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Exactly, they just weren't lucky enough to play for the Lakers.

I actually believe most all-star level perimeter players between 99-03 would have won at least 1 or 2 titles with peak Shaq.

2LeTTeRS
11-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Whats up with you and challenging authority? Its like your trying to spit in All Net's face.

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Worm

Deuce Bigalow
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Hmm Rodman or Kobe Karl. I think his name is spelled Coby actually and he hasn't won a ring. Answer is obviously Rodman.

Fudge
11-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Getchur trolling game up LeBron stans. Kobe stans are killing y'all in that department.

AirFederer
11-26-2013, 04:34 PM
I actually believe most all-star level perimeter players between 99-03 would have won at least 1 or 2 titles with peak Shaq.

Even I would 1 or 2 with peak Shaq:cheers:

moe94
11-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Getchur trolling game up LeBron stans. Kobe stans are killing y'all in that department.

If they criticize Kobe, they must like LeBron!

Fudge
11-26-2013, 04:40 PM
If they criticize Kobe, they must like LeBron!
This is true.

Teanett
11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
worm was a headcase tho... oh wait... dont bother...

i'd take rodman

gts
11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey Starface aka as OldSkoolball#52 aka moe94...

why you talking to yourself?

Fudge
11-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Nah, moe94 is such a NumberSix esque alt. Painfully obvious by nao.

moe94
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Keep your tinfoil hats on. Alt accounts to troll on a username based forum is about as autistic as you can get.

Fudge
11-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Ima call you Six for short aight brah.

greymatter
11-26-2013, 05:03 PM
:facepalm

coin24
11-26-2013, 05:11 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

imdaman99
11-26-2013, 05:13 PM
lmao, RG talking to himself in the beginning of the thread. this guy is pure entertainment :bowdown:

greymatter
11-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Both have 5 rings, but both performed different roles for their respective teams.

Personally, Im going to go with Rodman.

I feel like Rodman is a guy who comes along far less often than Kobe. If you look at it in context, Kobe is basically just Iverson, Melo, Arenas, etc. playing for a great franchise for a long time. The Lakers made Kobe rather than the other way around. Otherwise he's TMac. There are really no metrics that show Kobe is anywhere near a top alltime player.

But Rodman? Dude is literally in the argument for GOAT defender/rebounder. As a player - as opposed to in terms of prestige - he was a modern day Bill Russell. No team ever wants to face a guy like Rodman. Players literally dread having to go up against him, he gets in their head with his antics and demoralizes them. He wins extra possessions for his team, and that adds up like crazy.

Whereas a lot of teams don't mind facing players like Kobe, because they know they can just let him get all the points he wants and shut down the other guys (presuming there's no Shaq or prime Gasol) and eventually they'll win at the end when Kobe start going cold at the end of the game.

So that's my case.

Who yawl takin?

Yeah, you do that.

Go with a guy whose offensive game was barely mediocre at its best (in Detroit), but usually inept because he decided to focus purely on rebounding (after Detroit). There's a good reason why he rarely even made an all star team. It's because his offense was worse than Steve Nash's defense. His impact on defense was pulled down by his negative impact on floor spacing on the offensive end. The only teams that could get away with this on offense were teams that had great offensive players at the other positions, ie: Dumars/Thomas, Drob/Elliot, MJ/Pip.

His use was purely as a very good utility guy for the right team. Hell, his defense was the overrated kind. More about good positioning, rotation, and getting under a guy's skin than actual dominance at the position. Karl Malone made 3 straight defensive 1st teams basically playing the same way Rodman did (minus the rebounding). Strictly defensively speaking, I'd much rather have a Larry Nance or Kevin McHale type of defender over Malone or Rodman any day of the week.

OldSkoolball#52
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah, you do that.

Go with a guy whose offensive game was barely mediocre at its best (in Detroit), but usually inept because he decided to focus purely on rebounding (after Detroit). There's a good reason why he rarely even made an all star team. It's because his offense was worse than Steve Nash's defense. His impact on defense was pulled down by his negative impact on floor spacing on the offensive end. The only teams that could get away with this on offense were teams that had great offensive players at the other positions, ie: Dumars/Thomas, Drob/Elliot, MJ/Pip.

His use was purely as a very good utility guy for the right team. Hell, his defense was the overrated kind. More about good positioning, rotation, and getting under a guy's skin than actual dominance at the position. Karl Malone made 3 straight defensive 1st teams basically playing the same way Rodman did (minus the rebounding). Strictly defensively speaking, I'd much rather have a Larry Nance or Kevin McHale type of defender over Malone or Rodman any day of the week.

Rodmans defense is the overrated kind but Kobes offense isnt the overrated kind???? :wtf:

j3lademaster
11-26-2013, 08:17 PM
His use was purely as a very good utility guy for the right team. Hell, his defense was the overrated kind. More about good positioning, rotation, and getting under a guy's skin than actual dominance at the position. Karl Malone made 3 straight defensive 1st teams basically playing the same way Rodman did (minus the rebounding). Strictly defensively speaking, I'd much rather have a Larry Nance or Kevin McHale type of defender over Malone or Rodman any day of the week.That's the definition of good defense.... What do you mean he wasn't dominant defensively? That he didn't average 4 blocks per game?

moe94
11-26-2013, 08:21 PM
That's the definition of good defense.... What do you mean he wasn't dominant defensively? That he didn't average 4 blocks per game?

He's only good because he's good!

As if you can try to dismiss some dude who is 6'7 averaging Wilt tier rebounding numbers in the modern era.

FiveRings
11-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Rodman.

Give me Kukoc over Bryant as well. He was more efficient, taller, and not a rapist. Am I doing it right?

iamgine
11-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Depends on the salary.

chazzy
11-26-2013, 09:44 PM
It's almost 2014 and people are still getting trolled by Starface

branslowski
11-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Rodman.

Give me Kukoc over Bryant as well. He was more efficient, taller, and not a rapist. Am I doing it right?

Give me Rodman over garbage Kobe...Rodman should have won atleast 2 Finals MVPs over Jordan. He's the real deal, I'd run my offence thru Rodman all game son.

Rodmans god like numbers: 7.3ppg 1.8ast 13reb :eek: GOD LIKE!:bowdown: :bowdown:

AintNoSunshine
11-26-2013, 09:55 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: That's quite creative. I'mma go with Kobe too, both can be bad for the locker room but Kobe was able to keep his head straigtht while Rodman comes with too many off the court stuff. Close tho.

coin24
11-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Rodmans defense is the overrated kind but Kobes offense isnt the overrated kind???? :wtf:

What kind of a sad no lifer makes an alt account and posts about Kobe, who he supposedly hates, over 2000 times since April:roll: :roll:

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2013, 10:01 PM

don't forget Kobe's d where he's really ovverrated

moe94
11-26-2013, 10:07 PM
don't forget Kobe's d where he's really ovverrated

All those first team all D selections. :bowdown:

They'd have you believe he's the greatest lockdown perimeter defender of all time.

TheMarkMadsen
11-26-2013, 10:11 PM
All those first team all D selections. :bowdown:

They'd have you believe he's the greatest lockdown perimeter defender of all time.

I'd love to hear your exuse for why Kobe has a record or near record amount of all defensive first team selections

moe94
11-26-2013, 10:14 PM
I'd love to hear your exuse for why Kobe has a record or near record amount of all defensive first team selections

The time span is 1999 and 2012. Now, how many perimeter defenders would you say have been better than Kobe Bryant? Does Kobe crack your top 5?

TheMarkMadsen
11-26-2013, 10:16 PM
The time span is 1999 and 2012. Now, how many perimeter defenders would you say have been better than Kobe Bryant? Does Kobe crack your top 5?

Let me ask you again. How do you explain him bein a 12 x all defensive player.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Kobe.

KingBeasley08
11-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Kobe common now

TonyMontana
11-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Rodman easily.

Easier to find perimeter scorers with a ceiling of 45% from the field as opposed to the greatest rebounder(not arguable) and possibly the greatest defensive player of all-time(arguable, he's in the discussion due to his versatility).

Two sides of the court and both are just as important.

moe94
11-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Let me ask you again. How do you explain him bein a 12 x all defensive player.

No answer? Then clearly you don't believe he deserves them, either.

branslowski
11-26-2013, 10:51 PM
No answer? Then clearly you don't believe he deserves them, either.

But you started the idiotic comments about Kobe's Defense, so, atleast explain why Kobe got 12 All Defensive Teams, explain why you know more than the coaches in the NBA.

moe94
11-26-2013, 11:02 PM
But you started the idiotic comments about Kobe's Defense, so, atleast explain why Kobe got 12 All Defensive Teams, explain why you know more than the coaches in the NBA.

I don't believe he deserved an all NBA first team selection since 2004. That is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Simple as that. Kobe's defensive accolades give you the impression that he's literally the greatest perimeter defender of all time. I find that amusing.

Now, answer my question, since you're so sure he's an all time great defender. Is Kobe a top 5 defender of his era?

cos88
11-26-2013, 11:04 PM
why would i start my franchise with a rapist???? :confusedshrug:

Pushxx
11-26-2013, 11:04 PM
lmao, RG talking to himself in the beginning of the thread. this guy is pure entertainment :bowdown:
I thought I was the only one who noticed. :lol

Akrazotile
05-04-2015, 09:24 PM
:djparty

ThePhantomCreep
05-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Rodman easily.

Easier to find perimeter scorers with a ceiling of 45% from the field as opposed to the greatest rebounder(not arguable) and possibly the greatest defensive player of all-time(arguable, he's in the discussion due to his versatility).

Two sides of the court and both are just as important.

That's BS. If they were truly just as important, Bruce Bowen would be considered on the level of Steve Nash.

kennethgriffin
05-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Rodmans a legend. But i'd have to select kobe only due to being ranked about 40-50 places ahead of rodman all time

Sort of an easy decision

Cant go wrong with either though

Akrazotile
05-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Rodmans a legend. But i'd have to select kobe only due to being ranked about 40-50 places ahead of rodman all time

Sort of an easy decision

Cant go wrong with either though

In what??