PDA

View Full Version : Just how rich $$$ is Derrick Rose

DCL
11-26-2013, 04:16 PM
his contact with adidas is 14 years for $260m. Not a typo. Two Hundred Sixty Million.

he's also guaranteed $94m from the bulls.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

http://www.networth2013.com/derrick-rose/

STATUTORY
11-26-2013, 05:49 PM
and with his soon to be two year hiatus he can use some of that money to enroll in a personal finance course at DePaul university and invest smartly

Quickening
11-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Dude hit the jackpot, he has one season where he was arguably top 5 in the league at best, and he has probably made close to half a billion dollars off it, and people feel sorry for him being injured, those first world problems :lol

greymatter
11-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Wow.

Talk about the biggest bust ever in terms of wasting money on an athletic endorsement and getting pretty much nothing back. This would be like spending 50 million bucks just to bone Kate Upton and later finding out she is HIV positive.

Nash
11-26-2013, 06:52 PM
I guess this is why it's important for players to skip college and getting those extra years in the contract.

chips93
11-26-2013, 06:56 PM
and the oscar for strangest analogy of the day goes to:

This would be like spending 50 million bucks just to bone Kate Upton and later finding out she is HIV positive.

Levity
11-26-2013, 06:57 PM
“If you took away the money, if you took away the fame, the spotlight, if you took away the lifestyle and all the things that come with it, if you took away all the flash, what would you have left? Everything... and about $100+ million”

moe94
11-26-2013, 06:59 PM
and the oscar for strangest analogy of the day goes to:

It makes sense, though. Upton is also overrated, like Rose was, so it's almost a perfect analogy.

kurple
11-26-2013, 07:00 PM
rose doesnt give a shit about the money at the moment. he just wants to play

TheReal Kendall
Dude hit the jackpot, he has one season where he was arguably top 5 in the league at best, and he has probably made close to half a billion dollars off it, and people feel sorry for him being injured, those first world problems :lol

I feel sorry for him cause it seems like he really enjoys playing the game of basketball.

As fan I don't like seeing anybody get hurt.

But yeah dude is paid

bluechox2
well rose technically is underpaid by adidas for wearing those career ending shoes

moe94
11-26-2013, 07:02 PM
and people feel sorry for him being injured, those first world problems :lol

Are you insane? Because he makes a lot of money, people shouldn't feel sorry that he has had career destroying injuries at the age of 24?

Eric Cartman
11-26-2013, 07:02 PM
well rose technically is underpaid by adidas for wearing those career ending shoes

he didn't have any significant ankle injuries cause of the shoes

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Wow.

Talk about the biggest bust ever in terms of wasting money on an athletic endorsement and getting pretty much nothing back. This would be like spending 50 million bucks just to bone Kate Upton and later finding out she is HIV positive.

Piss poor analogy because you have to disclose HIV/AIDs positive status to any and all sexual partners or else you can be charged with attempted/premeditated murder depending on whether or not the person you infect dies from the disease, and you could be liable to being sued in civil court so in the case of your analogy, Ms. Upton has no incentive to accept the money for sexual intercourse because she would lose it all and go to prison.

moe94
11-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Piss poor analogy because you have to disclose HIV/AIDs positive status to any and all sexual partners or else you can be charged with attempted/premeditated murder depending on whether or not the person you infect dies from the disease, and you could be liable to being sued in civil court so in the case of your analogy, Ms. Upton has no incentive to accept the money for sexual intercourse because she would lose it all and go to prison.

You went full real. :biggums:

SamuraiSWISH
11-26-2013, 07:22 PM
and with his soon to be two year hiatus he can use some of that money to enroll in a personal finance course at DePaul university and invest smartly
My stomping grounds ... my university, baby.

Good call. He wouldn't be able to survive academically there though without significant help. Come on bro, lettuce be reality.

This is why I said I couldn't feel bad for Rose on a personal level. In just 3 seasons, 1 as a top five player ... he basically earned almost 500 million dollars. Rose's injury sucks worse for Bulls, and basketball fans in general.

D-Rose is set for life.

Mr. Jabbar
11-26-2013, 07:24 PM
This would be like spending 50 million bucks just to bone Kate Upton and later finding out she is HIV positive.

still worth it

Nuff Said
11-26-2013, 07:29 PM
still worth it

Kate upton worth 50 mill?

Doranku
11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
It makes sense, though. Upton is also overrated, like Rose was, so it's almost a perfect analogy.

Overrated, maybe, but she's still really hot. Rose is overrated and he was absolute dogshit in the games that he played this year. Now, after the injury, he's undoubtedly finished.

A better analogy would be paying $50 million dollars to bone Kate Upton... everything starts out fine, and then just when things start getting good, she turns into Khloe Kardashian.

FireDavidKahn
11-26-2013, 07:35 PM
:oldlol: Ya, ok.

NumberSix
11-26-2013, 07:49 PM
I've heard that Adidas actually has somewhat of an opt out.

SamuraiSWISH
11-26-2013, 07:50 PM
They have to ... if he's not on the court promoting their product. Iverson got a lifetime guaranteed deal with Reebok. I don't think D-Rose got the same thing from Adidas. I'd like to see the details on the contract.

moe94
11-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Kate upton worth 50 mill?

No combination of 10 sex slaves for a lifetime is worth 50 million, unless you're a billionaire, in which case money isn't even a question.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Interesting. you got a link?

kamil
11-26-2013, 08:01 PM
:oldlol: Ya, ok.

Considering that your probably just a basement dwelling rat that enjoys spamming forums with random LOLs, it wouldn't surprise me at all if you've never valued goals in life more than monetary rewards.

moe94
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Considering that your probably just a basement dwelling rat that enjoys spamming forums with random LOLs, it wouldn't surprise me at all if you've never valued goals in life more than monetary rewards.

Ad hominem built on baseless implications.

FireDavidKahn
11-26-2013, 08:50 PM
So defensive so quick.:oldlol:

You're telling me that if Rose had the option of forfeiting every single cent he has earned and will earn playing proball in exchange for being healthy or going through what he has, that he would give up the money? Please.

get these NETS
11-26-2013, 09:17 PM
My stomping grounds ... my university, baby.

Good call. He wouldn't be able to survive academically there though without significant help. Come on bro, lettuce be reality.

DePaul, Devry

what's the difference?

You're talking like it's Northwestern.

just semi-trolling and messing with you Samurai.....

SamuraiSWISH
11-26-2013, 09:19 PM
DePaul, Devry

what's the difference?

You're talking like it's Northwestern.
You seriously insinuating or think DePaul and Devry are the same level of university? Ok, bud.

I was just being proud of my school. Is there a problem? Why the hate. What's with the condescending tone? You better than me?

imdaman99
11-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Are you insane? Because he makes a lot of money, people shouldn't feel sorry that he has had career destroying injuries at the age of 24?
I'd trade my life for his. AND I HAVE GREAT HEALTH.

He just wouldn't be able to go anywhere with my athleticism :oldlol:

get these NETS
11-26-2013, 09:49 PM
You seriously insinuating or think DePaul and Devry are the same level of university? Ok, bud.

I was just being proud of my school. Is there a problem? Why the hate. What's with the condescending tone? You better than me?

Samurai

the Grolsch beer that I just drank told me to write the last post.

It was a JOKE....

but in every thread ever about Rose....there are always people harping on/laughing at the man's intelligence

just rubs me the wrong way.......and I decided to turn the tables..

again just a joke...

I use a variation of that joke...all the time....with different school names

AintNoSunshine
11-26-2013, 10:03 PM
I guess this is why it's important for players to skip college and getting those extra years in the contract.

this

Quickening
11-27-2013, 12:25 AM

He isn't crippled... he never has to worry about a bill in his life again, he has hundreds of millions coming in, can do pretty much whatever the fck he wants, and I am suppose to feel sorry for him because he only got to play in the NBA for 5 seasons?

I think that's insane. Most people are happy playing pick up in the park at a weekend whilst busting their ass 50 hours a week to pay the bills... no I dont feel sorry for Rose.

kamil
11-27-2013, 12:27 AM
He isn't crippled... he never has to worry about a bill in his life again, he has hundreds of millions coming in, can do pretty much whatever the fck he wants, and I am suppose to feel sorry for him because he only got to play in the NBA for 5 seasons?

I think that's insane. Most people are happy playing pick up in the park at a weekend whilst busting their ass 50 hours a week to pay the bills... no I dont feel sorry for Rose.

Should the same thing happen to LeBron*, I cannot wait for you to say the same kind of ignorant sh!t.