PDA

View Full Version : Which team can my Raptors trick into trading for Rudy Gay?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Some thoughts:

Bulls: Their fan base is always going on and on about needing "creators". With Rose gone this could be amplified.

Lakers: Lakers could panic if they realize they won't get LeBron or Melo this summer and be potentially tricked into taking Gay.

Knicks: Given their organizational history - no explanation necessary.

Any other possibilities?

TheMilkyBarKid
11-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Knicks will give you amare

EricGordon23
11-26-2013, 10:35 PM
I feel like atlanta or the bucks would take him.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Also cavs if they miss out on Lebron.

CelticBaller
11-26-2013, 10:37 PM
3-12? i thought he had surgery :lol

leMVP
11-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Knicks wouldn't fell for another trick, they already took Bargnani.

But then, they're the knicks again, so anything can happens.

niko
Nets

RoundMoundOfReb
I feel like atlanta or the bucks would take him.
Hawks seem to know what they're doing recently (getting rid of Josh Smith getting Millsap etc..). Bucks are a maybe. What about the Pistons?

All Net
11-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Knicks? they like overrated high paid players.

CelticBaller
11-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Knicks? they like overrated high paid players.
Knicks would trade a potato for Amare if they could

RoundMoundOfReb
11-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Nets
Also an interesting thought. Although I don't think they can afford him and I don't want a longer, equally bad contract in JJ or something.

hawkfan
11-26-2013, 10:46 PM
The Raptors can always trade away Rudy Gay, if they want to take on a few bad contracts.

Otherwise, they have two options:

1. Let him expire next year.
2. Waive him via stretch provision and use that cap space to sign another player.

Most likely, they will simply let him play out his contract.

EricGordon23
11-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Hawks seem to know what they're doing recently (getting rid of Josh Smith getting Millsap etc..). Bucks are a maybe. What about the Pistons?

I suppose I could see that. Joe dumars isn't one of the smartest on the planet.

MetsPackers
11-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Knicks are panicing. How does Shumpert and 4 future first rounders sound? Alright fine make it 5 BUT THAT LAST ONE IS TOP 1 PROTECTED!

kamil
11-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Lakers: Lakers could panic if they realize they won't get LeBron or Melo this summer and be potentially tricked into taking Gay.

LeBron* isn't going anywhere. This dude didn't take a shortcut via collusion just to stop at 2 maybe 3 rings.

HarryCallahan
11-27-2013, 12:20 AM
The Kings need a SF and do some pretty retarded things. Maybe Thornton, Hayes and Thompson/PatPat/Landry + a 2nd for Rudy?

hawkfan
11-27-2013, 12:21 AM
What's the point of trading Gay? What player in free agency wants to go to Toronto?

When Gay was traded to Toronto, he said he didn't have a problem being there.

How many guys will say that.

For the Hawks, I would rather have Andrea Bargnani to help spread the floor.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-27-2013, 12:23 AM
What's the point of trading Gay? What player in free agency wants to go to Toronto?

When Gay was traded to Toronto, he said he didn't have a problem being there.

How many guys will say that.

For the Hawks, I would rather have Andrea Bargnani to help spread the floor.
Rudy Gay is a terrible player that's why.

moe94
11-27-2013, 12:25 AM

Why do Americans act like Toronto is Iraq or something? :oldlol:

sfballa13
11-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Pistons would take him, problem is you gotta take some trash back too.

Stuckey, Charlie V, Jerebko, Will Bynum, Kyle Singler
for
Gay and Fields

Jerebko, Bynum, Singler get paid 8M a year roughly what Landry Fields is getting paid.

Pistons run a more balanced line up and run an awesome bench unit of Ross / Fields/ Monroe

Jennings / Billups
KCP / Ross
Gay / Fields
Smith / Monroe
Drummond / Harrelson

Another deal Detroit would do:
Gay and Ross
for
Smith, Jerebko, Bynum

imdaman99
11-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Gay and your tanking 1st rounder for Melo.

FCK, then Melo will help them win the division and then no longer lottery.

F that, no trade.

avonbarksdale
11-27-2013, 12:59 AM
i say just keep gay, with how bad the atlantic/east is, we might as well make a run for a playoff spot just for the fans, so many teams are tanking we won't get wiggins anyway

bluechox2
11-27-2013, 01:03 AM
I know how much y'all miss bargnani, we'd generously offer him for gay

RoundMoundOfReb
11-27-2013, 01:04 AM
I know how much y'all miss bargnani, we'd generously offer him for gay
lol no thanks :oldlol:

Qwyjibo
11-27-2013, 01:06 AM
i say just keep gay, with how bad the atlantic/east is, we might as well make a run for a playoff spot just for the fans, so many teams are tanking we won't get wiggins anyway
It's not about just Wiggins. It's about getting any of the top 5-6 guys. Getting the #2 or 3 pick would still be awesome.

iDunk
11-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Amare, Felton, & Shump for Gay, Fields, & Lowry

[GR]
11-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Why do Americans act like Toronto is Iraq or something? :oldlol:
you pay more taxes

coin24
11-27-2013, 05:44 AM
Rudy Gay is a terrible player that's why.

Always has been:oldlol:

andremiller07
11-27-2013, 05:50 AM
The Kings need a SF and do some pretty retarded things. Maybe Thornton, Hayes and Thompson/PatPat/Landry + a 2nd for Rudy?
If the Kings gm pulls that off that will be the greatest trade since Chris Webber. We trade three terrible 2+ year contracts for 1 terrible expiring deal and clear a shitload of cap space for next season.

Zoobieshoes
11-27-2013, 06:03 AM

Ya, cuz then Josh Smith could slide over to the shooting guard and jack up more 3's :lol

AussieG
11-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Rudy isn't a terrible player it's just that he is in that frustrating middle ground between being a superstar and just a good player. And that sort of player teases you with potential and earns big bucks.. but doesn't deliver. But he has too much ego and confidence to settle for being a role player. So he acts like a star player, but isn't one. And there is no reason why he couldn't be.. he can shoot, he is athletic.. he could be one, it's just that he isn't.

T-Time3
11-27-2013, 09:24 AM
the knicks.
after they lose melo

RoundMoundOfReb
11-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Rudy isn't a terrible player it's just that he is in that frustrating middle ground between being a superstar and just a good player. And that sort of player teases you with potential and earns big bucks.. but doesn't deliver. But he has too much ego and confidence to settle for being a role player. So he acts like a star player, but isn't one. And there is no reason why he couldn't be.. he can shoot, he is athletic.. he could be one, it's just that he isn't.
This is the problem.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Some thoughts:

Bulls: Their fan base is always going on and on about needing "creators". With Rose gone this could be amplified.

Knicks: Given their organizational history - no explanation necessary.

Any other possibilities?

Pistons....

They have expiring contracts

HurricaneKid
11-27-2013, 02:00 PM

No, he is definitively a poor player. People look at his length and assume he can defend; the truth is he can't, or at least doesn't. And a few weeks ago he was leading the league in FGA. Thankfully, his gunning rate has come down a little. But his FG% hasn't gone up. He is still among the worst in the NBA at putting the ball in the basket and shoots it at ALARMING frequency.

hawkfan
11-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Next year, Rudy Gay will be an expirer.
The Raptors can send him to Phoenix in exchange for some smaller contracts like Channing Frye (also an expirer)

avonbarksdale
11-27-2013, 02:05 PM

basically perfect description

he in reality is good but he plays as if he is a lot better

Levity
11-27-2013, 02:16 PM
suns?

kaiteng
11-27-2013, 02:47 PM
This is the problem.
His contract says so, which is sad.