PDA

View Full Version : "My sauces errrr soreces"; Chris Broussard Dion Waiters trade rumors

GOBB
11-27-2013, 05:36 PM
According to ESPN's Chris Broussard, the Cavs are actively shopping Waiters and have discussed potential trades with the Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers.

Please no. What exactly could the Cavs ask for in return from the Sixers?

Chicago makes more sense losing Rose
NYK probably would give up Shump, he plays defense so Mike Brown can smile

TylerOO
11-27-2013, 05:40 PM
I heard Cavs are trying to get Shump, Turner, or Deng in a deal.

Clyde
11-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Via ESPN

"However, Waiters and Irving are not close. Waiters believes the Cavaliers have a double standard when it comes to Irving, sources said. Waiters feels that while Irving is allowed to get away with loafing defensively, making turnovers and taking bad shots, he is taken out of games for such things. Waiters has shared his views with Brown and Grant."

This dude is a clown.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10046614/cleveland-cavaliers-shopping-dion-waiters

GOBB
11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I heard Cavs are trying to get Shump, Turner, or Deng in a deal.

I'll pass on giving up Evan Turner for Waiters.

chocolatethunder
11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Please no. What exactly could the Cavs ask for in return from the Sixers?

Chicago makes more sense losing Rose
NYK probably would give up Shump, he plays defense so Mike Brown can smile
I do not wanna give up Evan Turner for that chump. I have no problems with how Turner has been playing this year. While I don't think that they will resign him, I don't wanna give him away for crap.

GOBB
11-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Mods merge mine with the other thread. Thanks or delete.

I do not wanna give up Evan Turner for that chump. I have no problems with how Turner has been playing this year. While I don't think that they will resign him, I don't wanna give him away for crap.

No disagreement here.

Basketbolero
11-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Chicago makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Trading Waiters for a veteran that plays good D and does not require the ball nearly as much as Waiters would help Irving and Bennett immensely.

On Chicago's side, they clearly need ballhandling and scoring, even when Rose returns and if they want to contend they need to take some risks. The team as currently constructed is just not good enough to win it all. I don't see them resigning Deng so it doesn not seem that much of a risk to me.

What do you think Cavs fans? What do you consider fair value for him at this point?

SamuraiSWISH
11-27-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't get the sauces thing. Did he say this on air instead of sources? Or was it the way he pronounced it?

TheReal Kendall
11-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Via ESPN

"However, Waiters and Irving are not close. Waiters believes the Cavaliers have a double standard when it comes to Irving, sources said. Waiters feels that while Irving is allowed to get away with loafing defensively, making turnovers and taking bad shots, he is taken out of games for such things. Waiters has shared his views with Brown and Grant."

This dude is a clown.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10046614/cleveland-cavaliers-shopping-dion-waiters

How is he a clown for voicing his opinion?

Irving clearly doesn't play D so I don't see the problem with him calling him out.

At the same time he gonna have to learn that "franchise players" get away with murder

outbreak
11-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Broussard is a total clown. If they move waiters for Deng they would have been in a good position if they'd taken a 2 guard with their first pick...

kNIOKAS
11-27-2013, 06:50 PM
If Broussard is not talking about Labran I'm not interested.

GOBB
11-27-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't get the sauces thing. Did he say this on air instead of sources? Or was it the way he pronounced it?

No clue but I just used "sauces" for ISH purposes. Similar to "Lettuce" being "Let us". He says sources so much might as well poke fun as the word.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-27-2013, 06:59 PM
http://s23.postimg.org/fgset56tj/IK0p_B.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/fgset56tj/)

Meticode
11-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Broussard is reporting, so take it with a grain of salt. All I have to say is...

*sighs*

...if this is true then obviously something happened in that players only meeting we don't know about. There's no way you draft Waiters who has done decently well improving his defense this season, they snatch his playing time away from him, bench him and now they're looking to trade him.

Also if what Dion has said about the organization is true about them coddling Irving, it's LeBron all over again. :roll:

It's amazing how quickly things go from "looking promising" to "we're trading a top 3 player on the team"

Meticode
11-27-2013, 07:01 PM
I'll pass on giving up Evan Turner for Waiters.
I would too with what both players has shown so far. Waiters attitude has always been suspect since he was drafted.

gyu
11-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Dion Waiters is not crap... he's the NEXT GREAT SHOOTING GUARD

http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Mr. Incredible
11-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Cavs took a glorified sixth man instead of Drummond and then took Bennett over Oladipo. Way to go!

GOBB
11-27-2013, 07:22 PM
I would too with what both players has shown so far. Waiters attitude has always been suspect since he was drafted.

Heck Evan Turner attitude wasnt the best either. That aside I just dont like Dion Waiters game much. But I'm sure you've seen enough of him than I have to make a better assessment. As far as seeing if he has potential regardless of stats. Plus I dont like the idea of him coming back home. Distraction, maybe not but eh he's still young. Who knows how handles it. I just think Turner is better at everything Waiters does besides the range.

ZenMaster
11-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Broussard is reporting, so take it with a grain of salt. All I have to say is...

*sighs*

...if this is true then obviously something happened in that players only meeting we don't know about. There's no way you draft Waiters who has done decently well improving his defense this season, they snatch his playing time away from him, bench him and now they're looking to trade him.

Also if what Dion has said about the organization is true about them coddling Irving, it's LeBron all over again. :roll:

It's amazing how quickly things go from "looking promising" to "we're trading a top 3 player on the team"

You DO know about what happened, Waiters and Thompson almost got in a fight at a players only meeting, it was reported but denied officially because you would never confirm a report like that.

Burgz V2
11-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Via ESPN

This dude is a clown.

By this guy I hope you're talking about Broussard. This story is such BS it's not even funny.

"no deal imminent"

what NBA GM doesn't pick up the phone and call others regarding a trade?

what NBA player doesn't feel slighted by another player getting a longer leash?

what NBA player wouldn't want to be THE guy on an NBA team?

this is simply conjecture, a slow day, ESPN driving the hype machine. stop the nonsense, this isn't a story.