PDA

View Full Version : tell me what it's like to move out of home

Mamba
11-27-2013, 07:59 PM
So I've lived with my parents all my life and we are a well off family. I'm 22 years old and my dad is looking to retire now and move out of the city and to somewhere down south along th east coast of Australia.

He has tried to persuade me to move with him however I have built a business for myself, all my friends are here and I'm looking to go back to college next year. I've discussed with a friend who also wants to move out so it seems like we are going to be moving out to our own place.

We already have our own furniture, tvs, computers. However what should I be expecting that most people forget about. The place we are looking to move into has itd own grocery store next door and lots of takeout restaurants.

What should we expect to happen?

Meticode
11-27-2013, 08:07 PM
You should expect to get banged more often.

TheReal Kendall
11-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Bills, bills, and more bills.

Are y'all close friends?

If not I wouldn't do the roommate thing.

Meticode
11-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Bills, bills, and more bills.

Are y'all close friends?

If not I wouldn't do the roommate thing.
It's hard to find a good roommate. Eventually now matter who you're living with you'll get tired of them, or their messes, or something and you'll just want to be on your own.

TheReal Kendall
11-27-2013, 08:13 PM
It's hard to find a good roommate. Eventually now matter who you're living with you'll get tired of them, or their messes, or something and you'll just want to be on your own.

Yup!

Sometimes it's fun but most of the time you want to strangle them.

I think rooming with family is the worst.

Op it's good to be out on your own though.

Mamba
11-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Been best friends for years, and our work schedules are quite different. Will this effect it much?

Swaggin916
11-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Been best friends for years, and our work schedules are quite different. Will this effect it much?

If you guys are really good friends and know each others habits then it shouldn't be a problem because you already know what to expect. I live with my 2 best friends from childhood and it's great. Every situation is different but I'd say everything should work out pretty chill.

outbreak
11-27-2013, 10:12 PM
bills, cooking, shopping, cleaning, maintaining garden if it's a house. Those were the big changes when I moved out about 5 years ago when I was 21. It wasn't that big a deal for me, I eat a lot more rubbish food now though as it's annoying to have to cook every night and I find most healthy food either expires if I buy it in a sizeable amount or I end up going to the shops every couple of days buying it in smaller amounts. Also buy more junk as I'm always the one doing the shopping.

You'll also need to get used to be more independent, like if some things broken or a pipes leaking your going to have to deal with it and sort it out. Cleaning can be annoying too.

I'm not sure where you are but you mention Australia, be careful not to fall into a rent trap if your here, I bought my house and my repayments are only a small amount more than a lot of my friends pay in rent each week and I have a full house to myself rather than a unit or apartment like their paying for. If you have a large enough deposit it may be worth buying and renting out your spare rooms to your mates rather than renting and paying off someone else's mortgage. May not fit your situation but something to think about. I know people who rushed out to rent and now with the rent payments they can't get enough saved to buy a place and doubt they ever will. Again completely depends on your location and situation though

red1
11-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Doesn't matter how much you love your family, once you move out you'll never want it any other way

outbreak
11-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Doesn't matter how much you love your family, once you move out you'll never want it any other way

I agree with this, i planned on living in my place for a year or so then moving back home and renting it out so I could save for something else but I couldn't move home now.

It will probably bring you closer to your family though, I know I get a long better with my parents and siblings since moving out as I'm not forced to live with them

Jameerthefear
11-27-2013, 11:39 PM
how old are you outbreak?

Kblaze8855
11-28-2013, 12:12 AM
I halfway moved out at 15 and have been on my own totally since 17. Nothing beats the first morning in your own house. The silence of it. Walking into empty rooms turning on the tv and just doing nothing.

One thing I noticed right away...no longer having to be considerate. Play my music loud as I want late as I want and not have to care. Also nice....showering with the bathroom door open so you can better hear sportscenter.

Waking up next to a woman and seeing her get up naked and go shower then make you breakfast half or totally naked.

Lot of shit you just cant do in someone elses house.

IGOTGAME
11-28-2013, 12:50 AM
I halfway moved out at 15 and have been on my own totally since 17. Nothing beats the first morning in your own house. The silence of it. Walking into empty rooms turning on the tv and just doing nothing.

One thing I noticed right away...no longer having to be considerate. Play my music loud as I want late as I want and not have to care. Also nice....showering with the bathroom door open so you can better hear sportscenter.

Waking up next to a woman and seeing her get up naked and go shower then make you breakfast half or totally naked.

Lot of shit you just cant do in someone elses house.
Naked breakfast is prob one of the biggest benefits.

L.Kizzle
11-28-2013, 01:10 AM
You don't have to close your door when you masbertate.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-28-2013, 01:25 AM
how old are you outbreak?

Those were the big changes when I moved out about 5 years ago when I was 21.

21+5 = ??? 37, I think.

Moving out was easy for me other than the cooking part. I used to live off of... Well everyone's cooking. I was the one who had to clean the house, fix broken stuff, and all that shit since middle school anyway. Cooking, tho. **** it. I buy out practically every night now.