PDA

View Full Version : Are there any international prospects expected to be first rounders this year?

Purch
11-27-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm curious if there's any international prospects that are expected to be picked high, in this strong draft, or if there's any international prospects expected to rise really high as the year continues?

moe94
11-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Dante Exum

The JKidd Kid
11-27-2013, 08:40 PM
You know, only Dante Exum, the guy Chad Ford said he would take over Wiggins, Randle and Parker.

moe94
11-27-2013, 08:41 PM
You know, only Dante Exum, the guy Chad Ford said he would take over Wiggins, Randle and Parker.

Absolutely ridiculous statement, though.

Purch
11-27-2013, 09:28 PM
O is that's the kid people have been comparing to Penny?

Any other prospects?

The JKidd Kid
11-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Absolutely ridiculous statement, though.

Not realy when you watch him play, 6'6 PG with freak athleticism? Yes Please.

moe94
11-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Not realy when you watch him play, 6'6 PG with freak athleticism? Yes Please.
Show a single clip that hints to his freak athleticism.

The JKidd Kid
11-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Show a single clip that hints to his freak athleticism.

Watch any youtube video and look at his speed, ridiculous first step and ease of elevation. This guy actually plays a little like TMac istead of the forced comparison of TMac and Wiggins even though they really dont have a lot in common.

BTW Im not endorsing him as the Top Pick, I think Randle is gonna be the best player out of this draft when its all said and done. Im just saying that the idea isnt as ridiculous as you think.

The JKidd Kid
11-27-2013, 09:53 PM
O is that's the kid people have been comparing to Penny?

Any other prospects?

Dario Saric, the 6'10 SF that was a potential top 7 pick in last seasons draft.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Andrew Wiggins.

alenleomessi
11-27-2013, 09:59 PM
according to OP, international prospects= white tall guys from eastern europe

ZenMaster
11-27-2013, 10:04 PM
This guy has some tools that could make him valuable in the NBA, still needs to work out some of his weaknesses though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0ybBGwPpg

Purch
11-27-2013, 10:17 PM
according to OP, international prospects= white tall guys from eastern europe
How did you come to that conclusion? I just read about 10 articles on Exum's game since starting this thread

moe94
11-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Watch any youtube video and look at his speed, ridiculous first step and ease of elevation. This guy actually plays a little like TMac istead of the forced comparison of TMac and Wiggins even though they really dont have a lot in common.

I've seen every single footage of this guy. He does not have Westbrook athleticism or even remotely close to it. He doesn't even look more athletic than Kyrie Irving. I would love to be wrong.

alenleomessi
11-27-2013, 10:30 PM
How did you come to that conclusion? I just read about 10 articles on Exum's game since starting this thread
it seems like a ridiculous question since two of the top 5 picks are internationals..
couple of croatians later on

moe94
11-27-2013, 10:38 PM
it seems like a ridiculous question since two of the top 5 picks are internationals..
Are Canadians really international, though? :confusedshrug:

Purch
11-27-2013, 10:45 PM

When I talk about international prospects, I'm usally referring to guys who are getting drafted straight out of the international game.. not guys who get drafted out of college, which is why I wasn't thinking of wiggins

Fiba basketball
11-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Vasa Micic point guard from Serbia was projected to be around 30th pick so maybe him.

He isn't that athletic but in u19 championship he proved that playing against more athletic players isn't a problem for him by playing great against USA and outplaying Marcus Smart by far ( scored 30pts in first game and had double double in the finals ).
He might not be that fast but he has amazing body control and that's why he was going where ever he wanted against USA.

There's another Serbian player who might be drafted and it's Bogdan Bogdanovic.

He is a sg with great wingspan for his size, great defensive player, his atleticism is average for NBA standards, can create for himself, good shooter with very long range.

His problem is finishing around the rim and making stupid decisions but he is very young for a role he has ( one of key players in his team ) so you expect something like that from him.

People here call him the next Danilovic ( arguably the 2nd best European sg after Peterovic ) and he is already 10 times better than Nedovic who was drafted in first round last year so I don't get why isn't projected to be drafted but he'll only get better as season goes so he might end up there.

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 05:58 PM
When I talk about international prospects, I'm usally referring to guys who are getting drafted straight out of the international game.. not guys who get drafted out of college, which is why I wasn't thinking of wiggins

International means they are not from the USA.

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Are Canadians really international, though? :confusedshrug:

When did the USA annex Canada?

11-28-2013, 06:05 PM
When did the USA annex Canada?

Umm, there's a Canadian team as well. NBA is Canadian as well. Just like hockey is also American :rockon:
So no, Canadians are not internationals.

outbreak
11-28-2013, 06:05 PM
International means they are not from the USA.
I think his point is more that when he is asking about international prospects he is asking about people who play overseas who he wouldn't know about, presumably if someone is playing college ball then the Americans will have watched him play and already know about him. Yeah the guys an international but in terms of looking for players coming from overseas he's already shown himself to NBA fans

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Umm, there's a Canadian team as well. NBA is Canadian as well. Just like hockey is also American :rockon:
So no, Canadians are not internationals.

Here we have a genius, that does not know the definition of the word international.

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I think his point is more that when he is asking about international prospects he is asking about people who play overseas who he wouldn't know about, presumably if someone is playing college ball then the Americans will have watched him play and already know about him. Yeah the guys an international but in terms of looking for players coming from overseas he's already shown himself to NBA fans

That's not even close to what he said. He said anyone playing college basketball is not an international player.

Thus, Linas Kleiza, Rimas Kaukenas, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Enes Kanter, Hakeem Olajuwon, Alex Len, Patty Mills, Andrew Bogut, Nikola Vucevic, Mathew Dellavedova, Detlef Schrempf, Nikos Galis..........

The list could go on endlessly of international players...........that he is claiming are NOT international players, just because they played college basketball -

In other words, BULLSHIT.

chips93
11-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Dario Saric, the 6'10 SF that was a potential top 7 pick in last seasons draft.

by the time it got to the draft, he was a late first rounder and he pulled his name out

i dont get why people are excited about him when nobody liked him last year.

qrich
11-28-2013, 06:19 PM
I like Exum's game, and think he can grow to be on most people's top 10 point guards around the 5-8 range, but I wouldn't take him over Parker, Randle or Wiggins, since his bust potential is just as high.

Dario Saric is a guy with oozing potential as well, but, again, he could be the next Yaroslav Korolev.

I expect the stock of Ondrej Balvin to greatly rise as well. Probably in the late teens.

Either way, the steal of the draft will be Jordan Adams.

outbreak
11-28-2013, 06:19 PM
That's not even close to what he said. He said anyone playing college basketball is not an international player.

Thus, Linas Kleiza, Rimas Kaukenas, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Enes Kanter, Hakeem Olajuwon, Alex Len, Patty Mills, Andrew Bogut, Nikola Vucevic, Mathew Dellavedova, Detlef Schrempf..........

The list could go on endlessly of international players...........that he is claiming are NOT international players because they played college basketball.

In other words BULLSHIT.

no he didn't. he said when he is talking about international players he means players being drafted out of international leagues. At no point did he say that they are american or not internationals he just said he is talking about players out of international leagues. He is not talking about nationalities.

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 06:21 PM
no he didn't. he said when he is talking about international players he means players being drafted out of international leagues. At no point did he say that they are american or not internationals he just said he is talking about players out of international leagues. He is not talking about nationalities.

Yes, he is. Playing in college does not change your nationality.

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 06:22 PM
by the time it got to the draft, he was a late first rounder and he pulled his name out

First of all, all the people saying he's a SF, are trolling. He's a pure 100% face up power forward.

Second, who the hell cares about him leaving the draft? He's a very, very talented player. If he was American, playing in NCAA, ESPN would be going absolutely crazy over this guy.

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 06:26 PM
I like Exum's game, and think he can grow to be on most people's top 10 point guards around the 5-8 range, but I wouldn't take him over Parker, Randle or Wiggins, since his bust potential is just as high.

Dario Saric is a guy with oozing potential as well, but, again, he could be the next Yaroslav Korolev.

I expect the stock of Ondrej Balvin to greatly rise as well. Probably in the late teens.

Either way, the steal of the draft will be Jordan Adams.

How many times do I have to tell you this? I have told you this over and over. You keep bringing up this insulting line of bullshit to numerous European players here over and over.

Korolev was NEVER AT ANY TIME IN HIS LIFE EVER A GOOD PLAYER AT ANY LEVEL.

THE CLIPPERS JUST MADE ONE OF THE CRAZIEST AND DUMBEST DRAFT PICKS OF ALL TIME.

STOP SAYING SO AND SO COULD BE THE NEXT KOROLEV. BECAUSE NO THEY CAN'T.

HE WAS NEVER EVER GOOD EVER AT ANY TIME.

HE'S NOT EVEN DECENT PLAYER EVEN NOW EVEN FOR CRAPPY TEAMS IN CRAPPY EUROPEAN LEAGUES.

SAYING ANY PLAYER FROM EUROPE COULD BE THE NEXT HIM IS BEYOND LUDICROUS. YOU CONTINUE TO BE A MEGA TROLL EVERY TIME YOU SAY THAT.

STOP IT

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Vasa Micic point guard from Serbia was projected to be around 30th pick so maybe him.

He isn't that athletic but in u19 championship he proved that playing against more athletic players isn't a problem for him by playing great against USA and outplaying Marcus Smart by far ( scored 30pts in first game and had double double in the finals ).
He might not be that fast but he has amazing body control and that's why he was going where ever he wanted against USA.

There's another Serbian player who might be drafted and it's Bogdan Bogdanovic.

He is a sg with great wingspan for his size, great defensive player, his atleticism is average for NBA standards, can create for himself, good shooter with very long range.

His problem is finishing around the rim and making stupid decisions but he is very young for a role he has ( one of key players in his team ) so you expect something like that from him.

People here call him the next Danilovic ( arguably the 2nd best European sg after Peterovic ) and he is already 10 times better than Nedovic who was drafted in first round last year so I don't get why isn't projected to be drafted but he'll only get better as season goes so he might end up there.

Wait...........WTF?

It's enormously debatable and a HUGE argument to even consider Petrovic in the first place with guys Galis, and that's not even if we want to consider Belov from earlier times.

Danilovic is nowhere close to Galis. Sorry man.

alenleomessi
11-28-2013, 06:37 PM

yeah because you see everyday 6'10 pfs who move like a guard and have amazing court vision and passing..

u19 champ. stats: 20/11/5
eurobasket stats: 10/6/2

defense and shooting still need improving but has nice potential

Euroleague
11-28-2013, 06:43 PM
yeah because you see everyday 6'10 pfs who move like a guard and have amazing court vision and passing..

Hey another clown here compared Saric to Yaroslav Korolev..............

11-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Hey another clown here compared Saric to Yaroslav Korolev..............

Something wrong with the comparison?

pinhead
11-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Not sure about this year but in years to come there will an abundant of British talent in the NBA.

outbreak
11-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Not sure about this year but in years to come there will an abundant of British talent in the NBA.
interesting who are the British up and comers, I haven't heard about them.

chips93
11-28-2013, 09:38 PM

he was projected to go in the 20s last year in a very weak draft, now 5 months later hes a top 10 pick in a much stronger draft

what changed over the last 6 months?

R.I.P.
11-28-2013, 09:43 PM

Hey it

kNicKz
11-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Andrew Wiggins.

Kansas is no longer in the United States and sanctioned by the NCAA?

Fiba basketball
11-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Wait...........WTF?

It's enormously debatable and a HUGE argument to even consider Petrovic in the first place with guys Galis, and that's not even if we want to consider Belov from earlier times.

Danilovic is nowhere close to Galis. Sorry man.

I consider Galis a pg because of his size.

Euroleague
11-29-2013, 06:30 PM
I consider Galis a pg because of his size.

Oh well then, OK. Don't forget about Myers though.

Euroleague
11-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Kansas is no longer in the United States and sanctioned by the NCAA?

Wiggins isn't American. He's an international player regardless of what the ignorant and racist morons at ESPN claim at draft night.

11-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Wiggins isn't American. He's an international player regardless of what the ignorant and racist morons at ESPN claim at draft night.

Wiggins is an American. Canada is America as well. And NBA is also Canadian.

There are two flags in every NBA arena.

You should be able to recognize them

http://www.insidearenas.com/western/pictures/arco08900.jpg

Wiggins is not an international.

Euroleague
11-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Wiggins is an American. Canada is America as well. And NBA is also Canadian.

There are two flags in every NBA arena.

You should be able to recognize them

http://www.insidearenas.com/western/pictures/arco08900.jpg

Wiggins is not an international.

Ignore list.

gabepizza
11-29-2013, 09:34 PM

Although Wiggins is an international player I think what this poster was saying by international prospects is prospects not playing in the NCAA.

Wiggins lived and played his last two years of high school ball in West Virginia and has an American father.

So by textbook definition he is an "international player" but you can understand why someone who has lived in the US since he was 16, has an American dad and even before he was 16 lived in Toronto which is on the US border can be overlooked at an international prospect.

moe94
11-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Toronto which is on the US border.

:biggums:

Fiba basketball
11-30-2013, 06:31 AM
he was projected to go in the 20s last year in a very weak draft, now 5 months later hes a top 10 pick in a much stronger draft

what changed over the last 6 months?

Well he plays much better this season than he did in last and is one of the key players on his team ( to be fair they aren't that good but still not many players his age could play like that ).

From what I've seen he plays only PF this season which is good choice in my oppinion since it's to only position where he could become a great player.