PDA

View Full Version : CBS: Knick Fans Begin Petition to Oust James Dolan

NewYorkNoPicks
11-27-2013, 08:48 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24292502/knicks-fans-start-petition-to-oust-james-dolan

I signed it...every little bit helps. It's worth trying. We will never win with an owner who is willing to trade every draft pick he possibly can. Small market teams allow themselves to bottom out, draft a superstar as a foundation, and have a nice solid 10 year window to put enough talent around that player to contend for a title. OKC is as small as they come, they broke it down, drafted a future hall of famer and now theyre set for years to come. The NBA is not the MLB. Tired of this shit.

KyleKong
11-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Is James Dolan the defensive coach?

Horde of Temujin
11-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!:applause: :rockon: :djparty

DStebb716
Would be fantastic.

NewYorkNoPicks
Is James Dolan the defensive coach?

James Dolan is the owner who hired Scott Layden, Isiah Thomas, Steve Mills, allowed the knicks to trade unprotected draft picks for Eddy Curry, and will be the reason why when the Knicks finish with the #1 pick this season, Denver will be drafting Andrew Wiggins.

Horde of Temujin
11-27-2013, 08:54 PM
James Dolan is the owner who hired Scott Layden, Isiah Thomas, Steve Mills, allowed the knicks to trade unprotected draft picks for Eddy Curry, and will be the reason why when the Knicks finish with the #1 pick this season, Denver will be drafting Andrew Wiggins.

I put up a thread a few years ago where i declared my devotion to the Knicks was suspended as long as Dolan was owner. I went from being a miserable perpetually disappointed a-hole to someone who took joy in watching the Knicks being a mockery.

Im a very joyous man, indeed.

KyrieTheFuture
11-27-2013, 08:55 PM
First good move the Knicks will have made in 20 years

NewYorkNoPicks
11-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Would be fantastic.

Honestly the only realistic thing to do would be to petition someone to buy the team..

Over the years there has been interest, Prokhorov tried before Dolan insisted he purchase the Rangers as well so he settled on the Nets, and Pat Croce (former 76ers owner) tried in 2006.

Knick fans should try to contact Pat Croce on twitter... It's the most realistic option, maybe he can get together some serious investors and make Dolan an offer he can't refuse. Croce is like Mark Cuban, excellent guy who loves the game.

el gringos
11-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Good owner in my book. Always paying. Start worrying when your owner doesn't pay for more players not when he's tried it too many times.

SpecialQue
11-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Good owner in my book. Always paying. Start worrying when your owner doesn't pay for more players not when he's tried it too many times.

This is because of Bargs, right?

Haymaker
11-27-2013, 10:30 PM
How can you oust the owner? :roll: :facepalm

Vancouver-Grizz
11-27-2013, 10:32 PM
impossible to oust an owner...Besides...The dude is filthy rich. I do believe he will come around. Most of his decisions are terrible and eventually he will reflect on them and be more transparent.

Mr. Incredible
11-27-2013, 10:33 PM
You can't.

ProfessorMurder
11-27-2013, 10:33 PM
It's so cute that you think signing something can make a guy sell something that he owns.

La Frescobaldi
11-27-2013, 10:34 PM

only real way would be to stop going to games, stop watching them on tv. revenue stream falls off pressure on the league would force a move.

That's not ever happening in NYC.

OldSkoolball#52
11-27-2013, 10:54 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24292502/knicks-fans-start-petition-to-oust-james-dolan

I signed it...every little bit helps. It's worth trying. We will never win with an owner who is willing to trade every draft pick he possibly can. Small market teams allow themselves to bottom out, draft a superstar as a foundation, and have a nice solid 10 year window to put enough talent around that player to contend for a title. OKC is as small as they come, they broke it down, drafted a future hall of famer and now theyre set for years to come. The NBA is not the MLB. Tired of this shit.

Carmelo was the #3 pick of the draft and came to the Knicks in his prime.

Whats the difference?

OldSkoolball#52
11-27-2013, 10:57 PM
only real way would be to stop going to games, stop watching them on tv. revenue stream falls off pressure on the league would force a move.

That's not ever happening in NYC.

Even if it did, fans from around the rest of the league would pick up the slack by flying in to the games and buying jerseys... Just to keep Dolan in control of the Knicks :lol

NewYorkNoPicks
11-27-2013, 11:04 PM

The MSG Corp. is a publicly traded company on the stockmarket. Shares of stock dictate ownership in the company. Companies whose ownership is share based are partially controlled by a board of directors who represent the interest of the stockholders. Dolan owns 51% of MSG corp, 49% of ownership is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange

La Frescobaldi
11-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Even if it did, fans from around the rest of the league would pick up the slack by flying in to the games and buying jerseys... Just to keep Dolan in control of the Knicks :lol
like Zeke did... still helping the Pistons by cratering the whole Knicks organization:roll:

niko
11-27-2013, 11:13 PM
You have to be pretty freaking delusional to think he's going to sell an important part of his company because people sign a piece of paper wanting him to do so.

niko
11-27-2013, 11:14 PM
The MSG Corp. is a publicly traded company on the stockmarket. Shares of stock dictate ownership in the company. Companies whose ownership is share based are partially controlled by a board of directors who represent the interest of the stockholders. Dolan owns 51% of MSG corp, 49% of ownership is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange

Is your math bad or are you going to convince Dolan to vote himself out?

NewYorkNoPicks
11-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Is your math bad or are you going to convince Dolan to vote himself out?

Hey niko the brooklynite hipster dipshit. I guess you never took a business class...the Board of Directors can decide Dolan is unfit to lead the organization. It has happened to CEO's before. Guess you missed the Board of Directors part in my post...you read so well...

And have you ever heard of drawing attention to a subject? Assume a fair amount of signatures are acquired and it turns into a news story, a news story that a rich businessman somewhere finds intriguing, intriguing enough to make an inquiry with Dolan on the availability of the team.

Lastly, if you read my other post on the first page I said the most logical thing to really do is contact someone like Pat Croce who made an offer for the team in the past and see if that sparks his interest again

niko
11-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Hey niko the brooklynite hipster dipshit. I guess you never took a business class...the Board of Directors can decide Dolan is unfit to lead the organization. It has happened to CEO's before. Guess you missed the Board of Directors part in my post...you read so well...

And have you ever heard of drawing attention to a subject? Assume a fair amount of signatures are acquired and it turns into a news story, a news story that a rich businessman somewhere finds intriguing, intriguing enough to make an inquiry with Dolan on the availability of the team.

Lastly, if you read my other post on the first page I said the most logical thing to really do is contact someone like Pat Croce who made an offer for the team in the past and see if that sparks his interest again
The most logical thing to do is get over it. Dolan isn't running the Knicks badly as a business. The board is not going to replace him because they aren't winning titles. You're being silly. You want a company to sell off a valuable asset that makes them money because "you want them to". Good luck with that.

You can insult me anyway you want, at least i'm not sitting at home plotting to take the Knicks away from Dolan. :facepalm

Horde of Temujin
11-28-2013, 04:32 AM
The most logical thing to do is get over it. Dolan isn't running the Knicks badly as a business. The board is not going to replace him because they aren't winning titles. You're being silly. You want a company to sell off a valuable asset that makes them money because "you want them to". Good luck with that.

You can insult me anyway you want, at least i'm not sitting at home plotting to take the Knicks away from Dolan. :facepalm

Get over it? So just sit back and shut up about your frustration?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Knicks Fans Before the Season: "We're contenders! Can't believe ESPN only predicted us to win 37 games!"

Knicks fans now: "Dolan put together a terrible team. He needs to go!"

Trentknicks
11-28-2013, 04:42 AM
Knicks Fans Before the Season: "We're contenders! Can't believe ESPN only predicted us to win 37 games!"

Knicks fans now: "Dolan put together a terrible team. He needs to go!"
Still Obsessed.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:51 AM
Still Obsessed.
Still Butthurt.

Was anything I said inaccurate? Before the season all i heard was how idiotic ESPN was for their prediction because the Knicks on paper were way better than that now I hear the same people complaining about their Owner putting together a shit team. How does that make any sense?

Eric Cartman
11-28-2013, 04:53 AM
Petition should've started with the Bargnani trade.

Trentknicks
11-28-2013, 04:57 AM
Still Butthurt.

Was anything I said inaccurate? Before the season all i heard was how idiotic ESPN was for their prediction because the Knicks on paper were way better than that now I hear the same people complaining about their Owner putting together a shit team. How does that make any sense?
Not butthurt at all, just laughing at how much time you spend hating on the knicks, must have a pretty sad life pal.

hawkfan
11-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Petition should've started with the Bargnani trade.

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens now and forever):

Hawks get

Andrea Bargnani (player option)

Knicks get

Louis Williams
Jared Cunningham (expirer)

The Knicks get Williams to help out at the guard position.

The Hawks get Bargnani to help spread the floor for Horford, Millsap, Teague and Korver.

Patrick Chewing
11-28-2013, 05:55 AM
Dolan owns The Garden too. You think he's going to let the team play there if by some magical way he's ousted??

Eric Cartman
11-28-2013, 05:58 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens now and forever):

Hawks get

Andrea Bargnani (player option)

Knicks get

Louis Williams
Jared Cunningham (expirer)

The Knicks get Williams to help out at the guard position.

The Hawks get Bargnani to help spread the floor for Horford, Millsap, Teague and Korver.

You are worse than losgringos.

hawkfan
11-28-2013, 06:04 AM
You are worse than losgringos.

You wrote that you didn't like the Bargnani trade.

He's gonna opt out this summer and leave for a long term contract. Or the Knicks are going to have to re-up with a long term contract.

Williams is a good player, and he's getting healthier by the day. And the Knicks could use some offense.

Plus the Knicks save 5 million in salary cap and however much in luxury tax (at least 5 million).

Blue&Orange
11-28-2013, 07:44 AM
lol a CEO doesn't need to own 51% of a company, just like someone that owns 51% of a company doesn't need to be a CEO. How can the board of directors decide Dolan is unfit if Dolan got 51% of the votes :lol only way is Dolan voting agaisnt himself.

jimmy77x
11-28-2013, 01:10 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/xng0w2.jpg

STATUTORY
11-28-2013, 01:14 PM
maybe knicks fans can united and start a Kickstarter project to purchase the team

jimmy77x
11-28-2013, 01:29 PM
maybe knicks fans can united and start a Kickstarter project to purchase the team

Only need 15 million fans to kick in $100.:lol

Legends66NBA7
11-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Can't petition out an owner. Knicks fans just need to hope Dolan sells the Knicks to a owner who actually cares about both the financial side and wins... and by wins, I mean actually getting the correct pieces and not over paying for players.

STATUTORY
11-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Only need 15 million fans to kick in $100.:lol
spike lee can donate 1 million himself so a little bit less from the rest of us :oldlol: