PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love: Six 3pt attempts per game: 33%

R.I.P.
11-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Dude give it up. You are not Dirk Nowitzki.

8-9 record. Definition of empty stats stud. :facepalm

DirkNowitzki41
11-28-2013, 01:21 AM
:applause:

People were ready to crown him MVP after their 3-0 start :oldlol:

Dude is a good player, but people gotta stop overrating the guy

fpliii
11-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Kobe>>>>

bdreason
11-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Never understand why people are so in love with "stretch 4's". Most of the time the other team is stoked if your PF is standing at the 3 point line jacking shots. I understand teams like to space the floor... but having your PF jack 3's all game isn't efficient.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 01:23 AM

This.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 01:24 AM

This.

Dude seems like an absolute egomaniac.

fpliii
11-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Never understand why people are so in love with "stretch 4's". Most of the time the other team is stoked if your PF is standing at the 3 point line jacking shots. I understand teams like to space the floor... but having your PF jack 3's all game isn't efficient.

moe94
11-28-2013, 01:26 AM
Let's shit on the best PF in the game thread.

RRR3
11-28-2013, 01:26 AM
Kobe>>>>
Not at threes.

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 01:27 AM

Nobody shat on Duncan bruh

RRR3
11-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Nobody shat on Duncan bruh
Duncan isn't a PF

NugzFan
11-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Where is stallionaire? And where is that wolves contender thread he made?

DirkNowitzki41
11-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Where is stallionaire? And where is that wolves contender thread he made?

:oldlol: The guy had made one of those threads every year for the past 3 years.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Nobodies saying anything about Anthony Davis.

Legends66NBA7
11-28-2013, 01:35 AM

He's not overrated. Unless that stretch of MVP talk is what this all based off. Who really talks and discusses Kevin Love about how great he is outside of Wolves fanatics ?

Pointguard
11-28-2013, 01:52 AM

If he was hitting them like Dirk would we really be comparing him to Dirk? Its not like when Dirk gets a big rebound or assist game we say "give it up Dirk, you're no Kevin Love." There games are way different. Kevin Love isn't efficient, but he's big time productive. To me he's much more likely to have a monster game in some way than Dirk was having them in his prime (of course, Love hasn't played big in the post season yet). If a player had a 20/20 game anyday now, my first guess is KLove. My second guess is also Kevin Love.

Dirk is a very skilled player that knows when to accent his game - a top player in the game. Love is a productive player that forces his game. His volume of 3pters is more Bargnani style than Dirk's precision anyway.

bdreason
11-28-2013, 01:55 AM
If he was hitting them like Dirk would we really be comparing him to Dirk? Its not like when Dirk gets a big rebound or assist game we say "give it up Dirk, you're no Kevin Love." There games are way different. Kevin Love isn't efficient, but he's big time productive. To me he's much more likely to have a monster game in some way than Dirk was having them in his prime (of course, Love hasn't played big in the post season yet). If a player had a 20/20 game anyday now, my first guess is KLove. My second guess is also Kevin Love.

Dirk is a very skilled player that knows when to accent his game - a top player in the game. Love is a productive player that forces his game. His volume of 3pters is more Bargnani style than Dirk's precision anyway.

Dirk took his offensive game to the next level when he stopped settling for 3's.

senelcoolidge
11-28-2013, 02:41 AM
It seems like every week someone is being overrated. This week is John Wall..last Anthony Davis. They are all good players but not great. They will have good streaks. It's way too soon to proclaim people MVP's.

dgaras
11-28-2013, 02:43 AM
their bench scores like 5 ppg

La Frescobaldi
11-28-2013, 02:57 AM
been saying it for a WHILE Love needs to get on the low block and play the 4.

Teams have figured out they can't leave him open at the 3 line, he'll kill them. So they guard him real tight

plowking
11-28-2013, 03:19 AM

Terrible post. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

I guess he isn't near the other teams ring since hes grabbing 4 offensive rebounds a game. :rolleyes:

$LakerGold
11-28-2013, 03:21 AM

There's not a 1 team that won a championship that didn't have a stretch 4 for the past decade/s or so. A stretch 4 doesn't necessarily have to hit 3's, just enough to hit the mid-range. It's just one of the pieces.

Bosh
Dirk
Gasol
KG
Antoine Walker
Duncan
Rasheed
Horry

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 03:31 AM
Spacing. More driving lanes. having bigs who can hit jumpers is a huge asset.

Scholar
11-28-2013, 03:51 AM
Yeah, it's sad to see KLove putting up empty stats again. I really thought the Wolves would be different this year. It's still early, but so far they've looked like a sub-par .500 team.

kentatm
11-28-2013, 04:04 AM
He's not overrated. Unless that stretch of MVP talk is what this all based off. Who really talks and discusses Kevin Love about how great he is outside of Wolves fanatics ?

Fantasy squad owners. :bowdown:

bdreason
11-28-2013, 04:30 AM
Spacing. More driving lanes. having bigs who can hit jumpers is a huge asset.

It's an asset until those bigs actually start taking a lot of jumpers. Then it just becomes an inefficient strategy. The point of having a stretch 4 on the court is to create shots for his teammates, not long jumpers for himself.

The Heat use the stretch 4 better than any time in the league, by far. They'll stick Bosh at the high post or on the wing, and do everything they can to get a basket in the paint. It's only after they exhaust every other option do they finally defer to Bosh for the jumper.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 05:05 AM
It's an asset until those bigs actually start taking a lot of jumpers. Then it just becomes an inefficient strategy. The point of having a stretch 4 on the court is to create shots for his teammates, not long jumpers for himself.

The Heat use the stretch 4 better than any time in the league, by far. They'll stick Bosh at the high post or on the wing, and do everything they can to get a basket in the paint. It's only after they exhaust every other option do they finally defer to Bosh for the jumper.
I agree that K Love shouldn't be shooting 6 3s a game but the premise that stretch 4s/5s are overrated is something that I don't agree with.

Hoopz2332
11-28-2013, 06:29 AM

this:applause:

Dresta
11-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Said his efficiency and ppg would go down a bit and got jumped on by a bunch of morons in some other thread (one being KevinNYC that self-proclaimed voice of reason).

NumberSix
11-28-2013, 07:02 AM
we actin like 33% on 6 attempted 3s is bad?

Shooting 33% on 6 3PAs = 6 points.

Shooting 50% on 6 2PAs = 6 points.

:confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 07:04 AM
we actin like 33% on 3s is bad?

a 100 ortg or 50% ts is bad.

fefe
11-28-2013, 08:02 AM
a 100 ortg or 50% ts is bad.
his ts% is 57%

Love is fine, he brings me 2 made 3pt shots per game in fantasy, while his FG% is fine too. :)

alenleomessi
11-28-2013, 09:21 AM
dirk is still a much better player than love

GOBB
11-28-2013, 09:29 AM
This is apart of Love's game tho. If he hit a higher % then we have a different topic. The problem in Minnesota is they have no rim protectors. You need that not only to help your team defense but to compliment a guy like Kevin Love I think. Maybe this is why Minny got rid of Derrick Williams for a guy who just plays defense for the most part. Defenders are a need there and they probably didnt have any offers for Derrick that spelled help defense now. :confusedshrug:

If Love has empty stats what PFs in the NBA right now do not? See if your logic is consistent.

coin24
11-28-2013, 09:52 AM
I remember he sent a game to OT hitting a 3 earlier this season..
He can shoot them obviously, but id rather see him in the post.

Bigsmoke
11-28-2013, 09:55 AM
MVP

Kaspah
11-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Kevin Love is bad for basketball

Don't like him

OldSkoolball#52
11-28-2013, 11:11 AM
we actin like 33% on 6 attempted 3s is bad?

Thats true but its usually easier to make plays and run an offense when your big man is scoring in the post. Gives others more opportunities for wide open looks.

Love just takes the easy way out and camps out at the three point line. Yeah hes gettin his points but it really doesnt do as much for the team over the course of the game.

I used to say this about Dirk as well. He would come down the court and just stop at the three point line. Its like dude youre paid to be a power forward, go inside. As another poster mentioned, once Dirk became willing and able to work in the post consistently thats when he became truly unstoppable. Opens things up for errbody.

Odinn
11-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Statistically, there is no point of keeping away him from attempting 3s.

2 pointers; .505
3 pointers; .333 which is equivalent to .500 efg

---

Tho, I agree that his stats just empty business.

Bobcats2013
11-28-2013, 12:09 PM
What those stats don't tell you is that he has major clutch gene.

La Frescobaldi
12-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Kevin Love is bad for basketball

Don't like him
i wonder why you say that?

La Frescobaldi
12-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Thats true but its usually easier to make plays and run an offense when your big man is scoring in the post. Gives others more opportunities for wide open looks.

Love just takes the easy way out and camps out at the three point line. Yeah hes gettin his points but it really doesnt do as much for the team over the course of the game.

I used to say this about Dirk as well. He would come down the court and just stop at the three point line. Its like dude youre paid to be a power forward, go inside. As another poster mentioned, once Dirk became willing and able to work in the post consistently thats when he became truly unstoppable. Opens things up for errbody.

you should watch Wolves a little more, they work within their offense almost always. Love is at those spots because that's how the play is run.
Now I agree it would be great to have him on the low block but he's not out there from taking the easy way out. Guys who are leading the league in rebounding ain't built that way

#number6ix#
12-01-2013, 12:27 PM
What the hell are empty stats

westside_baller
12-01-2013, 12:32 PM
you should watch Wolves a little more, they work within their offense almost always. Love is at those spots because that's how the play is run.
Now I agree it would be great to have him on the low block but he's not out there from taking the easy way out. Guys who are leading the league in rebounding ain't built that way

Love doesn't have the height or reach to be a great post scorer.

Go Getter
12-01-2013, 12:33 PM
There's not a 1 team that won a championship that didn't have a stretch 4 for the past decade/s or so. A stretch 4 doesn't necessarily have to hit 3's, just enough to hit the mid-range. It's just one of the pieces.

Bosh
Dirk
Gasol
KG
Antoine Walker
Duncan
Rasheed
Horry
:biggums:

La Frescobaldi
12-01-2013, 12:33 PM
What the hell are empty stats

To me, this is stat padding:

A few games back, when the score was like 105 to 80 after 3q, the Lakers were getting blown out and the Wolves had their 3rd string in the game for the whole 4th quarter.
D'Antoni emptied his bench too.... but Pau Gasol stayed out there still desperately trying to get a double double with like 45 seconds left.

Go Getter
12-01-2013, 12:34 PM
What those stats don't tell you is that he has major clutch gene.
He's missed two game winners already this season [one of which was a bunny].

:roll:

Go Getter
12-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Agreed.

La Frescobaldi
12-01-2013, 12:37 PM
He's missed two game winners already this season [one of which was a bunny].

:roll:

:lol that sequence was freaking hilarious.

Kevin Martin missed an easy game winner, then Pekovic missed a point blank tip, then Love missed a spinning tap that hung on the rim for like 10 minutes and rolled out.
3 of the game's best scorers right in their spot... it just wasn't meant to be

atljonesbro
12-01-2013, 12:39 PM
God this forum is soo ****ing stupid. Love is the best PF in this league. There's no such thing as empty stats. Morons would rather have Chris Bosh's 19/5 he would avg. than K Loves 24/14/4. Brb 24/14/4 is trash. No one else in the league is capable of these numbers but it's trash.

La Frescobaldi
12-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Love doesn't have the height or reach to be a great post scorer.

lol

westside_baller
12-01-2013, 12:48 PM
There's no such thing as empty stats. Morons would rather have Chris Bosh's 19/5 he would avg. than K Loves 24/14/4. Brb 24/14/4 is trash. No one else in the league is capable of these numbers but it's trash.

Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as empty stats. Especially when you can only lead your team to a mediocre 9-9 record (4-6 in the last 10) and a 12th place standing in the west.

atljonesbro
12-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as empty stats. Especially when you can only lead your team to a mediocre 9-9 record (4-6 in the last 10) and a 12th place standing in the west.
What if the Wolves players stepped up, played better, and love was doing the EXCT same thing but they were 12-6. Would they magically not be empty now?

LoneyROY7
12-01-2013, 01:04 PM

I didn't realize this was a thread about Anthony Davis...

La Frescobaldi
12-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I didn't realize this was a thread about Anthony Davis...
empty stats

LoneyROY7
12-01-2013, 01:23 PM
empty stats

Davis' "empty" stats > Love's "empty" stats.

Anthony Davis has the second best PER in basketball.

DMAVS41
12-01-2013, 01:29 PM

He's over-rated by a small group of fans here that think he's clearly better than a guy like Westbrook.

Majority of fans put him somewhere in the top 10 or top 15...

My issue with Love is that he needs to win games at some point. I know there have been injuries and poor rosters, but the Wolves have a good roster and so far the results just aren't there. For example, the Wolves roster is better than the Mavs roster...put prime Dirk on this current Wolves team and they are a 55 win team or more.

Something is missing with Love and I just can't quite put my finger on it.

gyu
12-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Statistically, there is no point of keeping away him from attempting 3s.

2 pointers; .505
3 pointers; .333 which is equivalent to .500 efg

---

Tho, I agree that his stats just empty business.
So by your logic, almost nobody should be wasting their time taking shots within the 3 point line. Even a poor-average 3pt shooter can average 33% from 3.

westside_baller
12-01-2013, 01:48 PM
What if the Wolves players stepped up, played better, and love was doing the EXCT same thing but they were 12-6. Would they magically not be empty now?

What if you stopped riding his jock like a little fangirl with an obsessive stalker crush on justin bieber?

D.J.
12-01-2013, 01:48 PM
He's over-rated by a small group of fans here that think he's clearly better than a guy like Westbrook.

Majority of fans put him somewhere in the top 10 or top 15...

My issue with Love is that he needs to win games at some point. I know there have been injuries and poor rosters, but the Wolves have a good roster and so far the results just aren't there. For example, the Wolves roster is better than the Mavs roster...put prime Dirk on this current Wolves team and they are a 55 win team or more.

Something is missing with Love and I just can't quite put my finger on it.

The '03 squad had Troy Hudson, Rasho Nesterovic, Kendall Gill, Anthony Peeler, Gary Trent, and Wally Szczerbiak missing 30 games and KG led them to 51 wins and the 4 seed. And there's no question that squad was significantly worse than the current team.

fragokota
12-01-2013, 01:53 PM
He's neither an empty stat guy nor the league MVP.Great player, with a lot of room for improvement,who could probably use a better team around him but must also start leading his team to more wins.

Everyone happy?

Go Getter
12-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Right now, when you compare Anthony Davis and Kevin Love offensively, their stats are pretty even with Love edging Davis in rebounding and scoring but surprisingly AD shoots free throws better and shoots a better percentage overall [and this isn't just because of put backs and dunks AD has a solid mid range J].

The thing that AD brings to the table that I think gives him the egde over Love is his ability to get steals and blocks. The kid might just be the best [help] defender in the league right now and that is HUGE for a team.

westside_baller
12-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Right now, when you compare Anthony Davis and Kevin Love offensively, their stats are pretty even with Love edging Davis in rebounding and scoring but surprisingly AD shoots free throws better and shoots a better percentage overall [and this isn't just because of put backs and dunks AD has a solid mid range J].

The thing that AD brings to the table that I think gives him the egde over Love is his ability to get steals and blocks. The kid might just be the best [help] defender in the league right now and that is HUGE for a team.

Word. I take AD 100X out of 100 over Love because he is a defensive beast. AD's not even close to reaching his max potential, whereas Love is already there.

atljonesbro
12-01-2013, 02:16 PM
What if you stopped riding his jock like a little fangirl with an obsessive stalker crush on justin bieber?
Good one. Wow you really got me. Guess I'll just cry myself off the site due to the real crushing blow you hit me with.

DMAVS41
12-01-2013, 02:51 PM
The '03 squad had Troy Hudson, Rasho Nesterovic, Kendall Gill, Anthony Peeler, Gary Trent, and Wally Szczerbiak missing 30 games and KG led them to 51 wins and the 4 seed. And there's no question that squad was significantly worse than the current team.

Yea, no doubt that a prime KG or Dirk or that level of PF would have this team battling for 55 plus wins.

westside_baller
12-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Meanwhile, Love and Rubio are in the trenches valiantly fighting to hold on to 12th place in the west. Go Minnesota!

mrpibb
12-01-2013, 02:58 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, just the first page, but in regards to the title, that's 50% eFG. In other words, he scores as many points on the same amount of shots as he would if he shot 50% on 2-pointers. This is also why FG% is a dumb statistic on its own.

I don't see what the problem is. The most efficient ways to score are from the line and behind the other line.

He gets to the line 7.6 times a game and converts them more than 80% of the time. That is amazing.