PDA

View Full Version : well fukk me

tomtucker
11-28-2013, 03:09 PM
you learn something new everyday :eek:

A 1790 poem by George Tucker has a father upset with his bookish son say "I'd not give [a ****] for all you've read". Originally printed as "I'd not give ------ for all you've read", scholars agree that the words "a ****" were removed, making the poem the first recorded instance of the now-common phrase "I don't give a ****". In 1837, the first instance of the phrase "go **** yourself" or its variants was recorded when a woman who told a group to "go **** themselves" was charged with the crime of obscenity.

Another common figurative use of **** ("to cheat, victimize, or betray") was first recorded in 1866, when an unnamed court witness swore to hearing another man saying he would be "****ed out of his money" by another man. Farmer and Henley's 1893 dictionary of slang notes both the adverbial and adjectival forms of **** as similar to but "more violent" than bloody and indicating extreme insult, respectively.[11]

wikipedia is gold
:biggums:

tomtucker
11-28-2013, 03:18 PM
George Tucker has a father upset with his bookish son say "I'd not give [a ****] for all you've read"

grand dada ?