PDA

View Full Version : Pacers are an AllStar PointGuard away from a Championship..

LosBulls
11-28-2013, 03:17 PM
These guys are 14 and 1, completely taking the league by storm. They have went deep in to the playoffs for the past few years and even though i hate to say it, they have been the Heat's toughest matchup and their biggest threat.

They just have one weakness that if fixed, will get them over the hump. That's the Point Guard spot.

Sure, George Hill and C.J Watson are solid players but George Hill is bearly a starting caliber PG. Over half the teams in the league have a better player at his position.

Now the scary thing about Indiana is not only that they are the best team in the league right now, but they have assets they can do away with that won't hurt their main core.

Guys like Granger,Hill,Watson,Scola, and half their bench is up for grabs. While Hibbert,PG24, West,and Lance Stepehenson are our core.

As many of you know, I do NBA 2K14 Youtube commentaries and streams on Twitch. Right now I have a MyGM on the Pacers.

Basically if you don't know what that is, I'm basically the GM for the Pacers and i'm in charge of everything from the coaching to the price of tickets.

I've made some trades that have really turned the Pacers in to a dynasty.

First of all, I traded Danny Granger and George Hill + Picks to the Mavericks for Monta Ellis and Shawn Marion.

Mavs trade Marion's expiring 9 mil contract and receive Granger's expiring 14 mil and then on top of that they unload Ellis' contract for picks and bring in a good point guard in George Hill.

Then I focused on bringing in some veterans. I picked up none other than Stephen Jackson off Free Agency to come off the bench at the SF spot for us. He brings us much needed offense whenever we need it and hes a veteran, with a 1 year 2.7m contract. What more could we ask for?

Afterwards, I focused on bringing in a big to replace Mahinmi and Solomon Hill with. So I sent those guys + Picks to the Warriors for Marreese Speights, and JERMAINE O'NEAL.

Heres another veteran with an expiring contract who still has some left in the tank. Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson reunited after the brawl. Ready to do whatever is in their power to bring Indiana a championship.

So now, we have the best backcourt in the NBA with Monta Ellis at PG (His TRUE position) and Paul George at SG.

This team plays rough, which is something the Miami Heat don't like. We got enforcers like David West,Stephen Jackson, and Jermaine O'Neal.

And the best part of it all? Next year we get over 15mil in cap space with Monta Ellis,Paul George, and Roy Hibbert all locked down for years to come.

That means we can make a run for a 4th piece like Carmelo Anthony? Rudy Gay? Dirk Nowitzki?

TL;DR? Pacers need to trade Granger for Monta Ellis.

Project018
11-28-2013, 03:20 PM
These guys are 14 and 1, completely taking the league by storm. They have went deep in to the playoffs for the past few years and even though i hate to say it, they have been the Heat's toughest matchup and their biggest threat.

They just have one weakness that if fixed, will get them over the hump. That's the Point Guard spot.

Sure, George Hill and C.J Watson are solid players but George Hill is bearly a starting caliber PG. Over half the teams in the league have a better player at his position.

Now the scary thing about Indiana is not only that they are the best team in the league right now, but they have assets they can do away with that won't hurt their main core.

Guys like Granger,Hill,Watson,Scola, and half their bench is up for grabs. While Hibbert,PG24, West,Lance Stephenson.

As many of you know, I do NBA 2K14 Youtube commentaries and streams on Twitch. Right now I have a MyGM on the Pacers.

Basically if you don't know what that is, I'm basically the GM for the Pacers and i'm in charge of everything from the coaching to the price of tickets.

I've made some trades that have really turned the Pacers in to a dynasty.

First of all, I traded Danny Granger and George Hill + Picks to the Mavericks for Monta Ellis and Shawn Marion.

Mavs trade Marion's expiring 9 mil contract and receive Granger's expiring 14 mil and then on top of that they unload Ellis' contract for picks and bring in a good point guard in George Hill.

Then I focused on bringing in some veterans. I picked up none other than Stephen Jackson off Free Agency to come off the bench at the SF spot for us. He brings us much needed offense whenever we need it and hes a veteran, with a 1 year 2.7m contract. What more could we ask for?

Afterwards, I focused on bringing in a big to replace Mahinmi and Solomon Hill with. So I sent those guys + Picks to the Warriors for Marreese Speights, and JERMAINE O'NEAL.

Heres another veteran with an expiring contract who still has some left in the tank. Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson reunited after the brawl. Ready to do whatever is in their power to bring Indiana a championship.

So now, we have the best backcourt in the NBA with Monta Ellis at PG (His TRUE position) and Paul George at SG.

This team plays rough, which is something the Miami Heat don't like. We got enforcers like David West,Stephen Jackson, and Jermaine O'Neal.

And the best part of it all? Next year we get over 15mil in cap space with Monta Ellis,Paul George, and Roy Hibbert all locked down for years to come.

That means we can make a run for a 4th piece like Carmelo Anthony? Rudy Gay? Dirk Nowitzki?

TL;DR? Pacers need to trade Granger for Monta Ellis.

Monta Ellis a PG? I done heard it all :banghead:

CelticBaller
11-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Monta Ellis is a SG

KyrieTheFuture
Lol ALL they need is all star? Such a simple acquisition.

gts
Bulls fan trying to beak up a 14-1 team...lol

LeGOAT
11-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Such a stupid thing to say. The Heat are an allstar legit center away from being the best team ever

LosBulls
11-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Such a stupid thing to say. The Heat are an allstar legit center away from being the best team ever
But they have no movable pieces. Pacers do.

http://www.shootingatbubbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/stfu-gif.jpg

Quizno
11-28-2013, 03:26 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

WHY would the mavs agree to that? they're gonna trade their best scorer in monta ellis for danny granger? you know the mavs are trying to win this year right? they're 10-6 and look pretty good. they're not just gonna give away one of their best players for the hell of it

LosBulls
11-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Monta Ellis is a SG
22 PPG, 6 Assists, 2 Steals.

HEY! Thats twice the assists George Hill averages.

KyrieTheFuture
11-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Trade Derrick rose for Danny granger he's an all star PG

ihoopallday
11-28-2013, 03:30 PM

This. Even OKC is an all star center away from a championship team. This theory can be said for a lot of teams in the league

LosBulls
11-28-2013, 03:33 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

WHY would the mavs agree to that? they're gonna trade their best scorer in monta ellis for danny granger? you know the mavs are trying to win this year right? they're 10-6 and look pretty good. they're not just gonna give away one of their best players for the hell of it
I'll give you 2 reasons.

http://caseyjmorgan.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/lebron-dirk-by-cj-copy.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/so49sg.jpg

It's A VC3!!!
11-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Not quite. If the Pacers add an all-star point guard, the team dynamic completely changes. That all-star guard is going to take shots away from the other players and look to be the main facilitator over Paul George. I find it funny how a team is 14-1 (My pick to win it all) and people are nit picking the roster. Sure, George is average at best and not on the threshold of stardom, but he gives you very solid production while allowing the Pacers other players to do their thing as well.

CelticBaller
11-28-2013, 04:03 PM
22 PPG, 6 Assists, 2 Steals.

HEY! Thats twice the assists George Hill averages.
Still a SG, all he will do is take away from George's game. What the Pacers need is a pass first PG

qrich
11-28-2013, 04:09 PM
The way the Pacers are built, through team offense, a traditional point guard really isn't a vital thing of need for them. And even if it was, Monta Ellis would not make the short list as a point guard option. Dude is an undersized shooting guard.

I don't understand why they went with CJ Watson this past summer instead of going for Mo Williams. Dude would have been a perfect fit for their second unit.

LosBulls
11-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Still a SG, all he will do is take away from George's game. What the Pacers need is a pass first PG
If Wade and LeBron can co-exist then so can Ellis and George.

If Jordan and Pippen can co-exist then so can Ellis and George.

People rag on Ellis so much its unfair to him. Everywhere he goes all you hear is "he's a chucker" or "he's taking away shots from so-and-so"

But him and Dirk are doing just fine aren't they?

highwhey
11-28-2013, 04:34 PM
If Wade and LeBron can co-exist then so can Ellis and George.

If Jordan and Pippen can co-exist then so can Ellis and George.

People rag on Ellis so much its unfair to him. Everywhere he goes all you hear is "he's a chucker" or "he's taking away shots from so-and-so"

But him and Dirk are doing just fine aren't they?
The trade wouldn't improve pacers. They don't need ellis, what they need is a TRUE pg that is better than hill, one that can bring up the ball safely and distribute it. The ideal pg doesn't have to be a big scorer, just have passing ability and low TO's. It is true that their style of play thrives without requiring an elite pg, however, last playoffs hill was being pick pocketed 24/7. He's a backup pg at best.

Unbiased_one
11-28-2013, 04:36 PM
The way the Pacers are built, through team offense, a traditional point guard really isn't a vital thing of need for them. And even if it was, Monta Ellis would not make the short list as a point guard option. Dude is an undersized shooting guard.

I don't understand why they went with CJ Watson this past summer instead of going for Mo Williams. Dude would have been a perfect fit for their second unit.

Maybe cause mo Williams is awful and always has been?

Dro
11-28-2013, 06:21 PM
I get tired of explaining why the Pacers are fine as constructed. Don't feel like doing it again. George Hill is fine, he is an excellent player, fits in great. Thats all...

InspiredLebowski
11-29-2013, 02:28 AM
We're nothing away from a championship other than the ring.

Don't misconstrue it, that's not me anointing anything. The only thing stopping us is the usual health and luck every other champ gets. But keep trying to find faults.

I<3NBA
11-29-2013, 06:31 AM

Don't misconstrue it, that's not me anointing anything. The only thing stopping us is the usual health and luck every other champ gets. But keep trying to find faults.
:lol

when the game's on the line, Vogel will lose it for you. you're a coach away from a championship. this team needs Larry Bird to come down the front office, coach this team, and relegate Vogel to assistant coach.

BigTicket
11-29-2013, 06:51 AM

Agreed, the Pacers have what it takes, now they just have to actually do it.

The only team that has a higher chance of winning the championship this year is the Heat, and they're not ahead by much.

All Net
11-29-2013, 07:56 AM
But they have no movable pieces. Pacers do.

http://www.shootingatbubbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/stfu-gif.jpg

No they don't

They can not take on any extra salary

Pacers can win with what they have now. They just aren't favourites till they actually do it.

ralph_i_el
11-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Monta Ellis a PG? I done heard it all :banghead:

Monta can run the point pretty effectively. Especially now that his ratio of drives to pull up shots is better than ever

Rik Smits' Hair
11-29-2013, 11:14 AM
We don't need Monta :banghead:

crunk-juice
11-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Monta Ellis would completely ruin the identity of the team, what a potato idea.

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 06:21 PM
This thread has Rondo Written all over it. Danny Ainge has said rondo is here to stay but in reality he believes anyone is trade able. Someone should work out a 3 team trade where boston ends up with a first rounder and I would bet that rondo is no longer a Celtic. Some one has to want granger.

Djsonny
11-30-2013, 05:25 PM
why would any team want to take on granger? This would never happen, maybe after the season is over but def wont happen this season. Nothing makes sense. Realistically, what you are suggesting makes zero sense to the other team. Basically, role players for an all star pg. You havent even named one all star pg

FreezingTsmoove
11-30-2013, 06:23 PM
George Hill is underrated defensively. He's a very solid defender at the PG position.

I.R.Beast
11-30-2013, 06:40 PM
If they get a pg it should be a chauncey billus type of PG as opposed to a ball dominant one... that would do nothing but ruin ball movement and take the bal out of George's hand who has been doing his thing isolating