PDA

View Full Version : So I was watching the Duke game on ESPN lastnight and saw that my childhood friend...

branslowski
11-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Amile Jefferson was on the f*cking team.:eek: He was on the floor in the second half playing hard defense (at this point I didn't fully notice it was him) and the commentators was talking about him for a good 40secs...Then they zoomed in again and I was like "wtf, thats my yung bul Amile!"

When I use to live in Philly about 10+ years ago, I grew up on Markoe st right off of 46th and Woodland in SWP, and when I was about 10 or 11, I use to get my brother and 2 homies together and we would chase Amile around the block because when he fought my brother, he kicked alot like a bitch, so we picked on his ass for a whole summer. He use to have dreds (which was non existent in Philly) so we use to call him Dread lock boy lol.

Neway, we soon buried the hatchet because the kid could f*ckin ball and I use to pick him on my team when we played ball on the block beit "trash can ball" and or "Crate nailed to a tree ball" lol and my team won all the time.

Now mind you, when I was like 12, he was like 8 or 9 and I knew him all the way up til when I was 16, but he could ball, and he was the same height as me...Well I then left Philly and since then lost contact with him, but homie must of had an epic growth spurt because I'm only 5-11' now, and he's 6-9' :eek:

But neway, seeing him on Espn lastnight made me feel good (even though he a bench player) cause a n!gga from the hood made it. I already shared this on Facebook lastnight, and thought I'd share it with yawl.:cheers:

Neway, here's his pic n bio that I looked up to make sure that was him I was seeing:

http://m.goduke.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=205700719&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=4200

TheReal Kendall
11-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Cool story bro :cheers:

I got a few stories like that. Don't really feel like typing them up though but it's good to see someone from the hood on tv doing something positive

nathanjizzle
11-28-2013, 08:03 PM
cool.

GOBB
11-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Kid probably has no idea who you are.

TheReal Kendall
11-28-2013, 09:06 PM

:oldlol:

GOBB why you wanna *** in my butt?

outbreak
11-28-2013, 09:15 PM
most famous people I know who would also remember me would be aussie rules footballers i went to school with or some hardcore/crust bands I used to play with when I had my band. My girlfriend knows a lot of models/presenters/photographers from when she worked in the fashion industry.

Pretty cool seeing someone you grew up with randomly though, most of the people I grew up with are more likely to be on crime stoppers than doing anything successful.

Maniak
11-28-2013, 10:35 PM
this

branslowski
11-28-2013, 10:39 PM

:facepalm My brother just was talkin to him thru twitter, I don't have twitter so I just relayed a msg...he thought it was funny how me n my brother reacted to seeing him...You act like he's famous...But I get, ur just tryna be an ass or still butthurt that I called ur fandom out...

GOBB
11-28-2013, 10:44 PM
:facepalm My brother just was talkin to him thru twitter, I don't have twitter so I just relayed a msg...he thought it was funny how me n my brother reacted to seeing him...You act like he's famous...But I get, ur just tryna be an ass or still butthurt that I called ur fandom out...

Why do your posts read like the first 5 comments of a worldstarhiphop video? :confusedshrug:

Meticode
11-28-2013, 10:47 PM
brans excited as ****.

GOBB mad as **** at the world. You disgruntled mother****er.

My wife.

branslowski
11-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Why do your posts read like the first 5 comments of a worldstarhiphop video? :confusedshrug:

Because this is a message board?:rolleyes:

You try too hard Uncle Tom

GOBB
11-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Because this is a message board?:rolleyes:

You try too hard Uncle Tom

So you have no legitimate reason to why you type like a f*cking retard? Ok. Case in point "you try too hard uncle tom", what relation does Uncle Tom have with what I said? :roll:

I'm trying too hard and you have ONE BAD MUTHAFUUUCKA and Drug Lord Florida. You are pure comedy because its unintentional. Keep it up.

kNIOKAS
11-29-2013, 07:07 PM
What a gay name that is.

branslowski
11-29-2013, 07:20 PM
So you have no legitimate reason to why you type like a f*cking retard? Ok. Case in point "you try too hard uncle tom", what relation does Uncle Tom have with what I said? :roll:

I'm trying too hard and you have ONE BAD MUTHAFUUUCKA and Drug Lord Florida. You are pure comedy because its unintentional. Keep it up.

Uncle tom ofcource has nothing to do with what you just said Gobby, it has to do with the way you generally carry yourself here Mr Mailman.

What exactly is the problem with me writing ONE BAD MUTHA****KA? Do you not get the correlation between Samuel L Jackson's pic and what I wrote? Have you not watched Pulp Fiction?.....See Gobby boy, you wanna be quick to lash out at posters just to feel like a big man (most likely due to ur small pen!s) that you failed to connect the dots on sonething rather obvious .

Stay thirsty my friend.

MP.Trey
11-29-2013, 07:53 PM
brans excited as ****.

GOBB mad as **** at the world. You disgruntled mother****er.

My wife.

ISH in a nutshell

Jailblazers7
11-29-2013, 09:50 PM
That's awesome. I actually played against TJ McConnell (the PG on Arizona) in high school.

Wavves
11-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Cool story.

Ben Simmons (One of the top prospects in the 2015 NBA draft) grew up locally around my area. He is friends with my ex girlfriend and I had the chance to meet him around this time last year when I was still with her.

http://nbadraft.net/players/ben-simmons