PDA

View Full Version : Kidd fined $50K

DuMa
11-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
@WojYahooNBA

The NBA will fine Nets coach Jason Kidd $50,000 for his stunt with the dropped cup in loss to Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo.

sportjames23
11-28-2013, 08:30 PM
LOL, $50 grand? GTFO

Yeah, that was a bad stunt, but $50 grand for that?

Nick Young
11-28-2013, 08:30 PM
it was an accident doe

Lebron23
11-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Kidds needs to retire from coaching. He should have been coaching in the YMCA.

Spaulding
11-28-2013, 08:34 PM
LOL, $50 grand? GTFO

Ya why not. Can't have other coaches doing it and Kidd was asking to be punished really. Today's cameras catch everything.

Lebron23
11-28-2013, 08:38 PM
LOL, $50 grand? GTFO

He was caught in the act. Stop defending his stupidity.

HylianNightmare
11-28-2013, 08:43 PM
lmao jason kidd better turn it around soon

outbreak
11-28-2013, 09:00 PM
this season could really affect kids future. The decision to go straight to head coach means that if he continues to struggle like this and loses the job other teams will be reluctant to hire him even as an assistant.

TheReal Kendall
11-28-2013, 09:01 PM
That's a lot of money for some bs

outbreak
11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
That's a lot of money for some bs
as a coach he should know better and they need to set an example or else other coaches will start doing this. What happens if next year during the finals a team is down by 1 with 5 seconds to go in game 7 and the coach accidentally spills his drink on the court and gets to sort out a play that results in a game winner?

If he was smart he would have pissed himself and that would have needed cleaning up, a known alcoholic and drug user not having full control of his bladder would have the same result without the fine

TheReal Kendall
11-28-2013, 09:13 PM
as a coach he should know better and they need to set an example or else other coaches will start doing this. What happens if next year during the finals a team is down by 1 with 5 seconds to go in game 7 and the coach accidentally spills his drink on the court and gets to sort out a play that results in a game winner?

If he was smart he would have pissed himself and that would have needed cleaning up, a known alcoholic and drug user not having full control of his bladder would have the same result without the fine

True.

Pissed himself? :lol

They need to start fining floppers this much so they'll stop

flipogb
11-28-2013, 09:14 PM
he simply got caught and the NBA was forced to do something. all the announcers and the players seem to know of this trick so it isn't new. Kidd just did a bad job of hiding it and got caught by the camera.

outbreak
11-28-2013, 09:18 PM
True.

Pissed himself? :lol

They need to start fining floppers this much so they'll stop

why not piss himself? The NBA would have cut away quickly and avoided mentioning it and he would have gotten away with it, it isn't as if they'd go "oh look jason kidd has pissed all over the court" on the commentary.

Big Cheese
11-28-2013, 09:21 PM
its his fault for making it look so damn obvious :lol he needs to brush up on his acting skills.

SilkkTheShocker
11-28-2013, 09:33 PM
it was an accident doe

So was bashing his wife's face against the front console of his car

outbreak
11-28-2013, 09:36 PM

that's harsh, his wife also had to squeeze out their sons massive head. I feel bad for her.

Mr. Incredible
11-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Good! Well deserved. He sucks at coaching too.

R.I.P.
11-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Kidd will learn. Next time a towelboy will trip and fall. They can

DuMa
11-28-2013, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Kidd will learn. Next time a towelboy will trip and fall. They can

Myth
11-28-2013, 10:07 PM
that's harsh, his wife also had to squeeze out their sons massive head. I feel bad for her.

Must have been a c-section.

AintNoSunshine
11-28-2013, 10:14 PM
that's a great trick, should have save it for crucial occasions, if a coach does that in the playoffs and actually help win a game then that'd be epic.

Not in the regular season when your team's sporting a 4-11 record:oldlol:

outbreak
11-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Must have been a c-section.
maybe it wasn't and the horror of the birth has led to his drinking....

DuMa
11-28-2013, 10:17 PM
btw Kidd's having the worst coaching career so far. 2 suspensions, losing record and a fine. coach of the year

sportjames23
11-28-2013, 10:31 PM
He was caught in the act. Stop defending his stupidity.

Um, who defended it? Point out where I defended it.

I said the fine was crazy. But then again, NBA fines have always been crazy.

Funnyfuka
11-28-2013, 10:34 PM
that's a great trick, should have save it for crucial occasions, if a coach does that in the playoffs and actually help win a game then that'd be epic.

Not in the regular season when your team's sporting a 4-11 record:oldlol:
great trick, except if you get caught...kid is a clown and should never have been casted and recruitedas a coach...pure non sense. Nets arent going anywhere.

It's A VC3!!!
11-28-2013, 11:02 PM
The league was just mad that he found a loop hole in the rules and out-smarted them. Several players and coaches praised Jason for his "spill cup tactic" and doing something as witty as that. Still, he made it too obvious by actually saying "hit me". $50k is a lot, possibly too much, but since they want to make an example out of him.

inclinerator
11-28-2013, 11:23 PM
it's a strategy, it should not be punished

chocolatethunder
11-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Kidds needs to retire from coaching. He should have been coaching in the YMCA.
I gotta be honest. I agree. He's worse than I thought he'd be and I thought he'd be bad. I know the team has been decimated with injuries but he still sucks.

niko
11-28-2013, 11:33 PM
The league was just mad that he found a loop hole in the rules and out-smarted them. Several players and coaches praised Jason for his "spill cup tactic" and doing something as witty as that. Still, he made it too obvious by actually saying "hit me". $50k is a lot, possibly too much, but since they want to make an example out of him.

When you say out loud in front of everyone you are going to do it, it's not quite that witty.

D.J.
11-28-2013, 11:35 PM
He got 50K for this??? Did he even get fined for beating his wife in 2001? :oldlol:

It's A VC3!!!
11-28-2013, 11:44 PM
When you say out loud in front of everyone you are going to do it, it's not quite that witty.
Not necessarily. It was a spur of the moment thing, there was no signals that Taylor was aware of so that was the only way to get the message across. He didn't plan for the camera to be right on him at that specific time. The tactic was witty, the execution was not.

AintNoSunshine
11-28-2013, 11:55 PM
great trick, except if you get caught...kid is a clown and should never have been casted and recruitedas a coach...pure non sense. Nets arent going anywhere.

Yeah, that's why I said he should have saved it for a more important occasion, you can only use it once.

He probably knows his coaching career might end very soon, he might never have the chance to use it if he doesn't use it now:oldlol:

The JKidd Kid
11-29-2013, 12:30 AM
:lol So much hate.

Meticode
11-29-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm glad Kidd got fined. I'm tired of players flopping or faking calls and this is just as bad. There's a thing called honor and not many people have it any more. Especially in sports seemingly. Or at least the media doesn't follow that usually.

kamil
11-29-2013, 12:41 AM
What does the NBA do with the 50k? Where does it go?

Meticode
11-29-2013, 12:42 AM
What does the NBA do with the 50k? Where does it go?
I always wondered this. How does the player pay it? Does he write the NBA a check? Or is their a wire to wire them the money?

Questions, questions!

R.I.P.
11-29-2013, 12:45 AM
He got 50K for this??? Did he even get fined for beating his wife in 2001? :oldlol:

Fines are for staining the floor not wiping it. :no:

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 12:50 AM
I always wondered this. How does the player pay it? Does he write the NBA a check? Or is their a wire to wire them the money?

Questions, questions!
Half the money goes to the NBA Players Assn., which then gives the money to charities of its choice. The other half of the fines, held by the NBA, is given to charities approved by the Players Assn. - See more at: http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/04/what-happens-to-kobe-bryants-100000-fine-.html#sthash.kIggsOCZ.dpuf

Meticode
11-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Half the money goes to the NBA Players Assn., which then gives the money to charities of its choice. The other half of the fines, held by the NBA, is given to charities approved by the Players Assn. - See more at: http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/04/what-happens-to-kobe-bryants-100000-fine-.html#sthash.kIggsOCZ.dpuf
Thank you!

kamil
11-29-2013, 12:58 AM

Hmmm.... that raises a brow, because I'm not convinced charities are doing such a wonderful job. For example, with all the billions of dollars (yes, billions, with a 'b') that have poured into say, cancer cure, researched and doctors have NOTHING to show for all the money they've received. I feel like charity organizations only take in money to sustain themselves and the leftovers are put towards snail paced research..

You have to think about it though... have we cured ANYTHING?

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 01:16 AM
More on fines. Over the last 10 years there have been 341 fines for a total of $11,488,000.

One of the worst fines in recent memory?

"Back to .500. Yes!!! "500" means where doing good. Way to Play Hard Guys".

Jennings tweeted that after a win and got fined $7,500. The league mandates that you speak to media members before posting anything on Twitter.

DuMa
11-29-2013, 01:37 AM
how Kidd got the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMpuU1Qa6w&list=FLsPXzdbZy8OvlCLqyAUWvxw&index=30

Sharmer
11-29-2013, 01:42 AM
He made it too obvious.

R.I.P.
11-29-2013, 01:54 AM
how Kidd got the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMpuU1Qa6w&list=FLsPXzdbZy8OvlCLqyAUWvxw&index=30

I knew there was a Mavs game that happened. :lol

Didn

buddha
11-29-2013, 03:35 AM
50k for spilling a drink.

5k for flopping.

wtf? both are cheating and altering the outcome of the game.. flops should be a 50k fine, then nobody would flop.

flipogb
11-29-2013, 03:42 AM
50k for spilling a drink.

5k for flopping.

wtf? both are cheating and altering the outcome of the game.. flops should be a 50k fine, then nobody would flop.

not happening with Chris Paul around, hel probably go to the media and cry racism or some bullcrap like that just to keep flopping

Yoshio
11-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Personally, I think it was a great strategy. I group it with Westphal's timeout in the 76 Finals. It was a loophole.

Droid101
11-29-2013, 04:48 AM
Personally, I think it was a great strategy. I group it with Westphal's timeout in the 76 Finals. It was a loophole.
Join date 2006 and only 2 posts?
Epic. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AirFederer
11-29-2013, 05:01 AM
why not piss himself? The NBA would have cut away quickly and avoided mentioning it and he would have gotten away with it, it isn't as if they'd go "oh look jason kidd has pissed all over the court" on the commentary.

Lol, it would definately not be all over social media :lol

But it would have been classier :lol

RoundMoundOfReb
11-29-2013, 05:18 AM
repped just for GOAT posts per/day.

tomtucker
11-29-2013, 06:07 AM
:eek: :wtf:

Meticode
11-29-2013, 06:20 AM
His first post ever. :bowdown:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286209

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8104910&postcount=13

Janaury 2013...

tomtucker
11-29-2013, 06:37 AM
His first post ever. :bowdown:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286209

Janaury 2013...

BUT !

Droid101 said : " Three posts in six years, and you choose this thread! "

****** deletes his posts

niko
11-29-2013, 10:21 AM
People are too black and white. It was a clever thing to do, but it needed to be fined. He cheated. But he still got his extra time out.

BTW, if he wants to do this again, he might want to tell one player the play and have them pass it on, because the Lakers were standing watching right there the whole time.

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Jason Kidd should've been more worried on why his team only scored two points in the final four minutes of the game for the second night in a row. The same mess happened the night before against the Raptors. We scratched and clawed to get back in the game then we eventually tied and didn't score again for four minutes straight. This is where the coach matters most ..making sure that the right players get the shot at the right time and making sure you feed the fire. and for like the fourth time this season Kevin Garnett is taking a game-tying shot.. Why that happens is beyond me and needs to be addressed immediately. Kevin is the last person That should be taking a game-tying shot

gts
11-29-2013, 01:15 PM

Sleeper cell

KrizMiz
11-29-2013, 01:32 PM
it was an accident doe
THIS !

sportjames23
11-29-2013, 04:51 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

mans1ay3r
11-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Wow what the fck? Why doesn't the league fine that much for flopping? I'd fine that much when a player isn't even touched and he hurls himself to the ground.

KyleKong
11-29-2013, 05:34 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/258007/jaw-drop-o.gif

KobeClutchAsFK
11-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Hmmm.... that raises a brow, because I'm not convinced charities are doing such a wonderful job. For example, with all the billions of dollars (yes, billions, with a 'b') that have poured into say, cancer cure, researched and doctors have NOTHING to show for all the money they've received. I feel like charity organizations only take in money to sustain themselves and the leftovers are put towards snail paced research..

You are misinformed dude. Not because you question the effectiveness of charities, because many of them are not very effective or legit. But because you seriously think we've made no progress against cancer. First of all, cancer isn't 1 disease, it's many different forms of cancer. Second of all, massive improvements have been made which have made many many forms of cancer survivable for the majority of patients provided they detect it. The fact is that cancer is going to take a long time to cure.

And we've cured many diseases. Polio, smallpox, measles, etc... etc... but none of those is even close to as hard to fight as cancer.

FireDavidKahn
11-29-2013, 08:53 PM

:oldlol: So exactly how much money do you think it would take to cure cancer, is 1.5 billion the magical number? 2.0 billion?

TheMarkMadsen
11-29-2013, 09:36 PM

:roll:

"I pissed my pants for this win boys"

ClutchOver9000
11-29-2013, 10:14 PM

http://ebengregory.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/kobe.gif

now this my friend... this is the lurking of legends.

Myth
12-01-2013, 06:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unRHQJ1ulhs

kamil
12-01-2013, 06:52 AM
You are misinformed dude. Not because you question the effectiveness of charities, because many of them are not very effective or legit. But because you seriously think we've made no progress against cancer. First of all, cancer isn't 1 disease, it's many different forms of cancer. Second of all, massive improvements have been made which have made many many forms of cancer survivable for the majority of patients provided they detect it. The fact is that cancer is going to take a long time to cure.

And we've cured many diseases. Polio, smallpox, measles, etc... etc... but none of those is even close to as hard to fight as cancer.

Incorrect, there is no cure for Polio or smallpox. Measles dont have a treatment either, except for rest. Polio and smallpox as far as I know, only have vaccines, which means squat when you've already contracted the disease.

So no, we haven't cured anything. And thats unfortunate.

kamil
12-01-2013, 07:00 AM
:oldlol: So exactly how much money do you think it would take to cure cancer, is 1.5 billion the magical number? 2.0 billion?

I said many billions of dollars have been put towards cancer research and you questions me with how much more is needed, one and a half or a couple?

Its an arbitrary number anyway. Its not the amount of cash thats put into research, you could put one TRILLION dollars into it, youre still not guaranteed to get results. Its the amount of EFFORT that I'm pissed about. The man hours that have apparently gone into it with shit results and all the money theyve accumulated through donations and funding with NOTHING to show. Not to mention all these corporations that put their stupid pink ribbons on their products and put 0.0001% into cancer research. But lets forget about cancer alone and think of the bigger picture. There are many other life altering and life endangering health issues that are still unresolved; multiple sclerosis, parkinsons, AIDS... hell, even a cure for baldness hasn't been found and those vain enough to mock and ridicule it are doing an amazing job by keep hair loss sufferers feel like sh!t and made out to be social outcasts. Just look at all the stupid flack LeBron* gets over his hairline rather than the stupid sh!t he pulls on the court. Talk about vanity and relevance.

Thank god for stem cell research, I hope it puts all pharmaceuticals out of business. The f.vcking scumbags are only in business to keep you just sick enough to stay alive but just healthy enough to keep you on their pills. They have NO intentions of curing you. NONE.