PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the Wiggins-Domonique Wilkins comparison?

Purch
11-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Accurate?
Inaccurate?

fpliii
11-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Nah man, I'm slurping that Wigging koolaid now. Pippen/TMac hybrid I think.

Purch
11-29-2013, 02:19 PM
When I see the way Wiggins goes to the basket, and his actual body type, it sems a lot closer to Domonique than it does T-Mac

SHAQisGOAT
11-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Who the **** is Domonique though?

R.I.P.
11-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Well if he turns out to be that good, whoever drafted him should be very happy.

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2013, 03:30 PM
He's not skilled enough to be compared to the two best players of all time. I see overzealous Jordan and LeBron comparisons, and it's ridiculous. He's not that fluid. He's not even as athletic.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-29-2013, 03:31 PM
This

HylianNightmare
11-29-2013, 03:33 PM
A poor man's Wilkins is still a star in the league

Purch
11-29-2013, 03:35 PM
He's not skilled enough to be compared to the two best players of all time. I see overzealous Jordan and LeBron comparisons, and it's ridiculous. He's not that fluid. He's not even as athletic.
I always thought his peak would be closer to Dom than a guy like Lebron

3peated
11-29-2013, 04:24 PM
early

moe94
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM
He's not even as athletic.
:coleman:

Jordan's athleticism is overblown. Some people literally believe he had a 48 vertical. Are you one of these people? Wiggins, at worst, is Jordan's athletic equal. Really, he's probably more, at the same age.

AirFederer
11-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Wiggo is a great leaper but his firststep is walking compared to mike. I see a lot of human highlight film in him, and that is praise. Dom could shoot!

Xiao Yao You
11-29-2013, 05:07 PM

They would be very disappointed after him being hyped as the next great thing.

moe94
11-29-2013, 05:09 PM
They would be very disappointed after him being hyped as the next great thing.
You know you're going to be alright when you have haters before you're even drafted.

Xiao Yao You
11-29-2013, 05:32 PM
You know you're going to be alright when you have haters before you're even drafted.

Haters? He's supposed to be the best thing since Lebron. Dominique was a high scoring small forward not one of the greatest players ever. I would think a team would be very disappointed. How is this being a 'hater'?

moe94
11-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Haters? He's supposed to be the best thing since Lebron. Dominique was a high scoring small forward not one of the greatest players ever. I would think a team would be very disappointed. How is this being a 'hater'?

You think a team would be disappointed with Dominique Wilkins when the next highest touted prospects are being compared to Zach Randolph and Carmelo Anthony? :oldlol:

Anyone who gave you LeBron hype lied to you.

noob cake
11-29-2013, 05:42 PM
These comparisons are absolutely absurd.

Randle and Parker are already have the skillset so that they project into a Zbo/Melo type play style. No one is saying that it is their ceiling.

Wiggins so has has shown 0 offensive game outside a broke jumper and cherry picked dunks. He is being projected ridiculously as Kobe, LeBron, MJ or Dr. J...apparently a more atheletic Rudy gay/Corey Brewer hybrid is now being projected a top 20 GOATS.

BoutPractice
11-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Saying Wiggins has "zero offensive game" is just as ridiculous as comparing him to Jordan.

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Jordan's athleticism is overblown.
:oldlol: @ the sheer stupidity

noob cake
11-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Saying Wiggins has "zero offensive game" is just as ridiculous as comparing him to Jordan.

Zero offensive game compared to Parker, Randle.

Let me list Wiggins' moves:
Broke jumper
Open dunks
Ally oops
Little spin move into floater.

Am I missing something? Playmaking? Pullup? Iso? Driving? Set shot?

moe94
11-29-2013, 05:48 PM
:oldlol: @ the sheer stupidity

Yeah, Jordan had a 48 vert and had Iverson speed. :rolleyes:

People literally believe that.

Xiao Yao You
11-29-2013, 05:50 PM
You think a team would be disappointed with Dominique Wilkins when the next highest touted prospects are being compared to Zach Randolph and Carmelo Anthony?

Yeah Dominique is comparable to Carmelo not one of the great prospects of all-time. After intentionally throwing this season away I'd certainly be disappointed.

moe94
11-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Zero offensive game compared to Parker, Randle.

Randle has zero offensive game.

Relies on dominant hand. Bullies opponents smaller than him. Does the same elbow spin into layup that will cause fouls. This will never work in the NBA.

That's how you sound.

Yeah Dominique is comparable to Carmelo not one of the great prospects of all-time.

Carmelo is one of the great prospects of all time.

Xiao Yao You
11-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Randle has zero offensive game.

Relies on dominant hand. Bullies opponents smaller than him. Does the same elbow spin into layup that will cause fouls. This will never work in the NBA.

That's how you sound.

Carmelo is one of the great prospects of all time.

And hasn't lived up to it! Like Dominique he's just another in a long line of high scoring small forwards that have been hyped to be a lot more.

moe94
11-29-2013, 05:55 PM
And hasn't lived up to it! Like Dominique he's just another in a long line of high scoring small forwards that have been hyped to be a lot more.

Put it this way, the bottom 10 teams would kill to have a chance at the next Dominique or Carmelo.

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah, Jordan had a 48 vert and had Iverson speed. :rolleyes:

People literally believe that.
Who says this? It's the combination of his leaping ability, body dexterity, durability, speed, quickness, lateral quickness, hand speed coordination. He's one of the greatest athletes ever, period.

You do know MJ was timed running I think it was like a 4.3 or 4.4 forty yard dash, right? The guy they say is faster, LeBron, was timed running like a 4.8.

I'm not positive what MJ's vert was measured at 48 during various points in his career, but the guy is a little over 6'4 and in '88 dunk contest there is pictures of his head / eyes at rim level.

That's enough for me to know he's insanely athletic, crazy vertical off either one or two legs, most people can only do one or the other. He also had ridiculous hang time. Gets off the ground quicker than most too. Super fast explosion off two footed jump stop.

Let's just act like you didn't say Michael Jordan, one of the most athletic people to ever grace not just basketball but sports of all-time ... has "overrated athleticism"

:oldlol:

moe94
11-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Let's just act like you didn't say Michael Jordan, one of the most athletic people to ever grace not just basketball but sports of all-time ... has "overrated athleticism"

He is, without a doube, one of the most gifted athletes to enter the NBA, but people overrate literally every aspect of him. You know this to be true. I wasn't calling him a bad athlete. Being overrated is not synonymous with bad. :confusedshrug:

noob cake
11-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Today I Learned,

Wigginstans are already downplaying the greatness of MJ.

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2013, 06:07 PM
but people overrate literally every aspect of him.
No they don't. Literally, name everything for me then that gets overrated about Jordan. List them. And tell me why they're so overrated.

The only things overly critiqued is his general managing duties, and his Washington Wizards seasons as a 39 and 40 year old. Everything preceding this met his hype. Athletically, skillfully, whatever. There is nothing about MJ athletically that is overrated.

Hell, even his stint with trying to be a pro baseball player is underrated. A showcase of his athleticism. Before the baseball lock out, he was making significant improvements. Watch the documentary from ESPN 30 for 30.

IGOTGAME
11-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Today I Learned,

Wigginstans are already downplaying the greatness of MJ.

this. guy has done literally nothing yet as far as developing his talent and they are really comparing him to MJ.

moe94
11-29-2013, 06:13 PM
No they don't. Literally, name everything for me then that gets overrated about Jordan. List them. And tell me why they're so overrated.

Jordan created Pippen
Jordan was one of the greatest passers of all time
Jordan was Pippen's defensive equal

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Jordan created Pippen
Jordan was one of the greatest passers of all time
Jordan was Pippen's defensive equal
1) No one has said that MJ birthed Pippen, but MJ definitely molded him into a mini version of himself. Pip himself said this, as have the assistant coaches.

2) No one has really ever asserted this. Just that his passing abilities are often really over looked because he's basically the game's greatest scorer, ISO player ever.

3) In his prime he was. Comparable havoc wreaking team defense, but absolutely better instincts with on ball, man defense. MJ never had young Jamal Mashburn drop 50 on him.

So, you said EVERYTHING about MJ was overrated. Including his athleticism? Like, really? !!! And all you come up with is 3 ridiculous arguments, that no one really makes. Clearly everything about MJ is now overrated.

Good job, moe. Be honest, you didn't watch Jordan play basketball. I'm guessing you possibly caught some of his Wizards years and that's it. Hell, his last 3 years as a mid 30 year old he was as good of a player as prime Kobe Bryant by comparison.

moe94
11-29-2013, 06:23 PM
3) In his prime he was. Comparable havoc wreaking team defense, but absolutely better instincts with on ball, man defense. MJ never had young Jamal Mashburn drop 50 on him.

Do not ever reply to my posts again because I will absolutely ignore you. :rolleyes:

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Do not ever reply to my posts again because I will absolutely ignore you. :rolleyes:

Euroleague
11-29-2013, 06:55 PM
What the hell? No freaking way.

'Nique had a great outside shot and he was a tremendous rebounder.

Ridiculous comparison.

Purch
12-01-2013, 03:55 PM
As much as I do enjoy spending time watching everyone being compared to Mj(SARCASM)....This is more about how Wiggins game will develop in comparison to Dominique