PDA

View Full Version : Rondo to Pacers

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Rondo is due back next month and Celtics are getting ready for a rebuild whether you believe it or not. They have a couple nice young pieces in sullinger, bradley, rondo, green, favarani and KO. But Danny has a poker face right now. He's been collecting draft picks to make a big move. I believe Rondo is a player he is willing to move to hit the lotto in the next draft.

Anyone think that Pacers can possibly make a trade to get Rondo and not break up their core too much? I know Ainge is wanting to unload some contracts (wallace, bass, lee) but Pacers have granger as bait to get a 3 team trade and get what ainge wants, a high draft pick.

Rondo/Paul george backcourt defensively would be the best :bowdown:

The JKidd Kid
11-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Would definitely have to give Lance Stephenson and take back Gerald Wallace's contract at least.

DuMa
11-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Larry Bird trading with the Celtics. something something insider trading

CelticBaller
Not happening, Danny Ainge is being a hardass

Shade8780
They dont have the pieces to get Rondo from us. Their future first round picks will be useless as well. George and Hibbert arent going anywhere.

CelticBaller
11-29-2013, 06:47 PM
They dont have the pieces to get Rondo from us. Their future first round picks will be useless as well. George and Hibbert arent going anywhere.
Their future picks can be used as trading baits

JimmyMcAdocious
11-29-2013, 06:48 PM
What a ****ing thread title.

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 07:02 PM
What a ****ing thread title.
right? :lol

Pursuer
11-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Would definitely have to give Lance Stephenson and take back Gerald Wallace's contract at least.

So Gerald Wallace + Rondo for Stephenson + Granger + Copeland should work once restrictions are cleared (December 15).

Would the Pacers really be interested in this? I don't think so.

Spaulding
11-29-2013, 07:05 PM

Throw in hill and Granger. Pacers could part with those two easily.

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Not happening, Danny Ainge is being a hardass

We all know that's just a front. Danny entertains most trades. Especially from his buddy bird.

Shade8780
11-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Granger doesnt make the deal any better. He's a super injury prone player that could be a complete shadow of himself. Stephenson isnt enough.

Mr. Incredible
11-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Wishful thinking. As a Heat fan, bring it on.

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Rondo for Stephenson, and Granger could make them the favorites in the east if Rajon returns to form. They would actually be a really intimidating basketball team. Rondo / P. George / West / Hibbert? Yikes. Toughness to beat Miami too.

Trentknicks
11-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Don't see why everyone wants to tinker with the Pacers, they can clearly win a ring this year. Getting past Miami will be tough, but it can be done. Too many variables taking on an injured Rondo and taking away a couple of great pieces from the Pacers core.

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2013, 07:33 PM
We need to see how Rondo comes back to accurately gauge his value and Granger is an even bigger question mark. For Ainge to make a deal involving those two at this point the Celtics would need to benefit whether or not Granger can play. Plus, as good as Indy is I doubt they're looking to move anyone in their core without major guaranteed improvement themselves. You don't have to have a pure point to win, as has been repeatedly proven. I doubt anything happens.

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Rondo for Stephenson, and Granger could make them the favorites in the east if Rajon returns to form. They would actually be a really intimidating basketball team. Rondo / P. George / West / Hibbert? Yikes. Toughness to beat Miami too.
Rondo's been dunking of his rehabbing leg and he is known to recovery really well (wade :coleman: ), always brings his A game to the playoffs and High percentage shooter in the guard category believe it or not.

poido123
11-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Pacers are better off standing pat this year and see how things go.

They can give granger all the time he needs to get healthy, they went 7 games with Miami last year and they improved the roster from last year with some notable additions.

Trading for Rondo is highly risky, introducing a new player into the starting lineup who runs a team would muddle up the current chemistry and would take time to build.

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 07:43 PM

They can give granger all the time he needs to get healthy, they went 7 games with Miami last year and they improved the roster from last year with some notable additions.

Trading for Rondo is highly risky, introducing a new player into the starting lineup who runs a team would muddle up the current chemistry and would take time to build.

True but high risk means high reward. Pacers would be favorites for the next few years.

ProfessorMurder
11-29-2013, 07:52 PM

Rondo's a proven playoff performer and multiple time all-star. If he's fully healthy by playoff time there's no way he'd hurt the Pacers. He's an elite defender, elite passer, elite rebounder for his position, and scores double digits on nearly 50% shooting. He'd be much better than Hill/Watson.

The Pacers are my favorite for the East right now, so do they need to? No. Would it help? Probably.

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 08:07 PM
For example Love is playing like an MVP right now. It's only a matter of time for Love to start whining again to the Timberwolves horrible front office. My guess is he is the next dwightmare. Pacers, celtics and timberwolves could do a 3 team trade. I'm sure Celtic fans remember the poster who leaked a possible Love to celtic trade last season.

trade works

Celtics get
Love
G. hill
muhammad

Pacers get
Rondo
Wallace
Lee

Wolves get
Granger
Stephenson
Crawford.

Celtics get their #1 option in love and a rookie they perused and stuck on the wolves bench. Build around Love, KO, sully, green, bradley and all his picks.

Pacers bring copeland off the bench. Lineup.

Rondo
P.George
Copeland
West
Hibbert

Watson, scola, Mahinmi.

Timberwolves Lineup:

Rubio
Martin
Stephenson
Granger
Pekovic

3peated
11-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Don't see why everyone wants to tinker with the Pacers, they can clearly win a ring this year. Getting past Miami will be tough, but it can be done. Too many variables taking on an injured Rondo and taking away a couple of great pieces from the Pacers core.

miami has clearly ruined all the kids that watch basketball, they think you need 3 top 10 players to win a title.

MMM
11-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Celtics shouldn't trade Rondo.

As a piece I think Rondo is similar to Pierce from 04 - 07

The Celtics have already accumulated numerous assets and have the option to acquire there next series of stars

jdm_dc_fan
11-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Miami is looking at other options to stay as the favorites by signing Beasley who is playing good to everyone's surprise. Signing ray allen who saved their a$$'s and Oden who could is a low risk high reward. teams need to try and get better every year and take risks.

highwhey
11-29-2013, 08:48 PM
If im not mistaken, suns own the rights to pacers 1st round pick

Though I do believe that rondo would complete the pacers and that ecf would be better than the finals itself.

Dro
11-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't mind Rondo but it won't happen. And I'm fine with George Hill...Feels like I've said this a thousand times in the last week....

32MJ32
11-29-2013, 09:08 PM
George Hill is shooting 3's at 42% right now. He does exactly what Rondo doesn't do: spread the floor

I'm not arguing that Hill is the better player but if they move him for Rondo, they'd have to completely re-work their offense. I'm not sure that's worth the risk given they are already playing terrific basketball.

ispin69
11-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Just throwing it out there I think 6ers have the young pieces but who knows if they would trade their young pieces or even want Granger.

ballup
11-30-2013, 12:51 AM
If a trade for Rondo were to happen, it would be very complicated. Ainge wants picks and very few teams with picks next draft want/has the contracts for a Granger or a George.

No way Wolves trade Love for Stephenson and Granger. They are in the middle of experimenting with their possible playoff team.

DaSeba5
11-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Unless they can get Rondo for nothing, why does Indiana need to make changes to the team? They are 15-1 and were 1 game from the Finals.

ballup
11-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Unless they can get Rondo for nothing, why does Indiana need to make changes to the team? They are 15-1 and were 1 game from the Finals.
It remains to be questioned whether or not the Pacers can be effective when faced with full court press. Good starts like this won't matter in the end if these situations prevent Pacers from winning it all, let alone getting out of the East.

jdm_dc_fan
11-30-2013, 02:19 AM
George Hill is shooting 3's at 42% right now. He does exactly what Rondo doesn't do: spread the floor

I'm not arguing that Hill is the better player but if they move him for Rondo, they'd have to completely re-work their offense. I'm not sure that's worth the risk given they are already playing terrific basketball.

I don't think they would completely have to rework their offensive system. And I imagine rondo would share the ball with george like he did with pierce.

bluechox2
11-30-2013, 02:32 AM
rondo would make hibert into a superstar

throw in a couple draft picks, granger, hill, 3 mil cash

no pun intended
11-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Lance Stephenson showing some Rondo in him this season.

jdm_dc_fan
11-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Lance Stephenson showing some Rondo in him this season.

Trade high. Jordan Crawford is playing like he never has his entire career in place of Rondo. Even got a triple double today. trade high.

GoSpursGo1984
11-30-2013, 02:38 AM
Why would the Pacers trade for someone who can not shoot? Rondo is good for a team that runs a lot of fast breaks but that is not the Pacers.

jdm_dc_fan
11-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Why would the Pacers trade for someone who can not shoot? Rondo is good for a team that runs a lot of fast breaks but that is not the Pacers.
Who can't shoot? Rondo who has a higher career FG% then P. George, hill, hibbert, granger, stephenson. The only one on par with rondo in FG% is David west.

no pun intended
11-30-2013, 04:07 AM
Who can't shoot? Rondo who has a higher career FG% then P. George, hill, hibbert, granger, stephenson. The only one on par with rondo in FG% is David west.
I'm pretty sure he meant shooting as in spreading the floor by knocking down jumpshots.

Random_Guy
11-30-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm pretty sure he meant shooting as in spreading the floor by knocking down jumpshots.
Very underrated shooter. No im not arguing he has a wet jumpshot, but at least in the season before he went down he was knocking down midranges quite consistently.

Random_Guy
11-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Rondo's a proven playoff performer and multiple time all-star. If he's fully healthy by playoff time there's no way he'd hurt the Pacers. He's an elite defender, elite passer, elite rebounder for his position, and scores double digits on nearly 50% shooting. He'd be much better than Hill/Watson.

The Pacers are my favorite for the East right now, so do they need to? No. Would it help? Probably.
This, it's freaking Rondo man:confusedshrug:
He is wayy better than George Hill, and anyway, its still early in the season, even if they go on a losing streak, as long as the can get their shit together they would be a scary team. And we all know how well Rondo works with centers.

jdm_dc_fan
11-30-2013, 04:20 PM
This, it's freaking Rondo man:confusedshrug:
He is wayy better than George Hill, and anyway, its still early in the season, even if they go on a losing streak, as long as the can get their shit together they would be a scary team. And we all know how well Rondo works with centers.
Pacers have a tuff schedule next few weeks. We'll see the threads like last season "does anyone want G. Hill" again.

stephanieg
11-30-2013, 04:35 PM
I'd pull the trigger but I'd be concerned about Rondo's attitude since the Pacers MO ever since the Malice incident has been to get good locker room guys for the most part. Hasn't Rondo developed into a nice little diva and drama llama?