PDA

View Full Version : 11/29 Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets @ Houston Rockets 8:00 pm

The JKidd Kid
11-29-2013, 06:57 PM
The Nets ride into Houston coming off of a tough loss to the Lakers. The Nets were down at one point by 27 and rallied to tie the game in the 4th quarter but couldn't hold on. Paul Pierce continues to struggle finding his shot and the Nets offense is trying to keep it together in the absence of a real PG. Mirza Teletovic and Mason Plumlee hope to continue to surprise and prove that they have a place in this league. KG is starting to get it together again and Joe is still being Joe. Brook Lopez is a game time decision.

The Rockets are coming off a dominant win over the Hawks and are beginning to get it together and seem to have found their starting PF in Terrence Jones. Dwight seems to be going through a change of identity as he attempts to create a winning atmosphere in Houston by sacrificing minutes for wins.

Injury Report:
Deron Williams (OUT)
Andrei Kirilenko (OUT)
Jason Terry (OUT)
Brook Lopez (GTD)

Jeremy Lin (OUT)
James Harden (GTD)

Starting Lineups:

Brooklyn:
Shaun Livingston
Joe Johnson
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Brook Lopez/Andray Blatche

Houston:
Patrick Beverley
James Harden
Chandler Parsons
Terrence Jones
Dwight Howard

Key Matchup: Dwight Howard vs. Brook Lopez

Nets look motivated. Should be a good game. :cheers:

Jameerthefear
11-29-2013, 07:02 PM
should be a good one.

niko
11-29-2013, 07:19 PM
How do the Nets handle their injuries? With a coin flip? How is Brook Lopez kept out so long and then it's "maybe he plays"? Is he ok or not?

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 07:41 PM
The Nets need a win badly and I hope that Harden doesn't play tonight. Still, the game is away and that's always a challenge. Hopefully we have Brook back as well.

Edit: As of a minute ago Brook is going to play (limited to 24 minutes) and Kevin is going to sit.

niko
11-29-2013, 07:44 PM
The Nets need a win badly and I hope that Harden doesn't play tonight. Still, the game is away and that's always a challenge. Hopefully we have Brook back as well.

Edit: As of a minute ago Brook is going to play (limited to 24 minutes) and Kevin is going to sit.
Your best bet would be injured Harden trying to go, disrupting what they do on offense. Without him lately they have killer ball movement and tons of open threes. When he's humming of course they are better, but he's not.

D12"Magic"
11-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Nets never beat the Rockets, Nets could be 4-13 by Sunday, Grizzlies tomorrow.

Nets should feed Lopez every time while hes on the court , hes the best player on this team give him the touches. Dwight always plays good against us to, hopefully not tonight

Mirza with a big game? Hes hot since the last game, if it carries over could be good. Nets dealing with so many injuries so early, not a good sign, this team is gonna be fighting for a playoff spot, guys wont be able to rest at the end of the year.

coin24
11-29-2013, 08:14 PM
This one will get ugly..:facepalm
How long are Terry and Deron out for??

Bit rough Kidd lost 50k for an extra timeout and another loss:oldlol:

D12"Magic"
11-29-2013, 08:17 PM
This one will get ugly..:facepalm
How long are Terry and Deron out for??

Bit rough Kidd lost 50k for an extra timeout and another loss:oldlol:
Deron is likely to come back Thursday against Knicks, Terry and AK out for another week

niko
11-29-2013, 08:17 PM

Nets should feed Lopez every time while hes on the court , hes the best player on this team give him the touches. Dwight always plays good against us to, hopefully not tonight

Mirza with a big game? Hes hot since the last game, if it carries over could be good. Nets dealing with so many injuries so early, not a good sign, this team is gonna be fighting for a playoff spot, guys wont be able to rest at the end of the year.
I don't like how they rested Garnett the first day Lopez is back on a minutes restriction. Which means they are going with Blatche/Lopez as the starters, which is going to get torched by Houston with open shots, and it means the rotation is going to have a million players again instead of being simple. Why not play Garnett today and rest him tomorrow if Lopez is ok to go?

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 08:20 PM

Brook's stats against Dwight are pretty weak. Brook is averaging 14.5 ppg on 46% shooting against Dwight. It's because he scored zero points in the low block on Dwight because he's not tough or strong enough to tangle with Dwight. Meanwhile, Dwight averages 21/15/3 against Brook. Yikes.

D12"Magic"
11-29-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't like how they rested Garnett the first day Lopez is back on a minutes restriction. Which means they are going with Blatche/Lopez as the starters, which is going to get torched by Houston with open shots, and it means the rotation is going to have a million players again instead of being simple. Why not play Garnett today and rest him tomorrow if Lopez is ok to go?
IDK, but I really have a hard time watching Blatche, he can be good offensively, but his defense is embarrassing. Oh and theres always that 1 travel and boneheaded turnover.

Also Livingston is not starter material at all, he can be good, but the lack of a healthy Deron shows.

D12"Magic"
11-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Brook's stats against Dwight are pretty weak. Brook is averaging 14.5 ppg on 46% shooting against Dwight. It's because he scored zero points in the low block on Dwight because he's not tough or strong enough to tangle with Dwight. Meanwhile, Dwight averages 21/15/3 against Brook. Yikes.
Dwights just that good imo. We'll see, they usually let guys like Hibbert and Dwight get away with contact, Lopez cant sulk and has to play just as aggressive.

niko
11-29-2013, 08:26 PM
IDK, but I really have a hard time watching Blatche, he can be good offensively, but his defense is embarrassing. Oh and theres always that 1 travel and boneheaded turnover.

Also Livingston is not starter material at all, he can be good, but the lack of a healthy Deron shows.
Net's fans, i get the feeling haven't seen Livingston much. He has two fatal flaws, one he gets hurt often if he plays regular minutes and it affects his play. Two, he has no jumper. So if you play him large minutes, teams start falling off him and doubling off him. It's always been an issue, as pretty as he plays in the open floor, and when he gets a line or drives and kicks, he makes it easier to pack the paint because he has no J.

Blatche is better with less minutes, when he plays a lot of minutes he tends to do some bad plays. They also IMO have taken the reigns off him a bit, they let him freelance more. PJ didn't. I think it's a bad idea.

Jameerthefear
11-29-2013, 09:07 PM
bout to start

Jameerthefear
11-29-2013, 09:08 PM
mirza looks so lame.
http://i.imgur.com/F8KjoIa.png

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Why does andray have three shot attempts already? Great offense kidd

RoundMoundOfReb
11-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Nets are gonna get wrecked. Bad match up for them.

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 09:21 PM
More shit defense by the nets. Just allow every team to shoot 60% on you, will you? Geez, my grandma can play better defense than this crap.

tpols
11-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Pierce goes under two screens.. two 3s for parsons:facepalm

Terrible offense even worse D

Jameerthefear
11-29-2013, 09:26 PM
lol nets

niko
11-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Nets D is awful. It just doesn't take away anything the other team does.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Nets :facepalm. Who's worse Nets or Knicks?

niko
11-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Nets :facepalm. Who's worse Nets or Knicks?
What would you rather eat, shit or piss? It's not something you are going to analyze deeply. That's my answer.

Mr. Incredible
11-29-2013, 09:30 PM
How did Miami lose to the Nets? :facepalm

niko
11-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Blatche has six shots already. That's not a winning formula.

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Pierce goes under two screens.. two 3s for parsons:facepalm

Terrible offense even worse D
Exactly. We are dead last in defensive rating. This defense is unbearable. I can't put my mind to it- the nets always find themselves down by 20 in the first quarter. how can shit stink so quickly, the nets show you how.:facepalm

Jameerthefear
11-29-2013, 09:33 PM
DWight needs to finish the shots he got. Nets are lucky he missed a couple.

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Blatche has six shots already. That's not a winning formula.
No, it's not. This defense however is completely unacceptable. We're paying L. Frank $1 million a year to be dead last in defense rating?

tpols
11-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Exactly. We are dead last in defensive rating. This defense is unbearable. I can't put my mind to it- the nets always find themselves down by 20 in the first quarter. how can shit stink so quickly, the nets show you how.:facepalm
OKC GS is on nbatv.. I'm gonna go watch a real basketball game

bagelred
11-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Just got in. Let me check out the score while I post.....

Anywho, I know I make fun of the Nets, but I'll give them their due. I'm sure they'll head into Houston, battle hard, and give the Rockets all they can -

HOLY SHIT!!!

:lol

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2013, 09:39 PM
OKC GS is on nbatv.. I'm gonna go watch a real basketball game
Yeah, I'm with you. It's frustrating knowing how the Nets are 7 games under .500 and yet they come out with less energy and care as the day goes by. I deeply wish we had last season's team back with minor additions like AK, Alan and Shaun. It's still too early to say for certain but this Nets team looks like a 95% guarantee for a first round exit. Assuming they make the playoffs that is. We are shooting 27% while the Rockets are shooting 58%. That sums the Nets season up.

R.I.P.
11-29-2013, 09:41 PM
How excited are Hawks fans right now? Imagine this

Millsap for Asik
Draft Smart/Exum with Nets pick
Coke throws 50 million dollar deal at Melo.

Teague
Smart/Exum
Melo
Horford
Asik

Top 4 in the East easily.

The JKidd Kid
11-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Pierce is so god damn slow it's ridiculous.

niko
11-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Pierce is so god damn slow it's ridiculous.
Did any Net fans watch the playoffs last year? Shump was guarding him one one one and cheating off him the whole series. He's really slow.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 22m

Jason Kidd better try the old "flood the arena" trick.

Clutch
11-29-2013, 10:08 PM
I know that the Knicks suck. But that still doesn't mean I can't laugh at the Nets.

Nets :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
11-29-2013, 10:09 PM
did brook lopez really just do the rip-through move :facepalm

Mr. Incredible
11-29-2013, 10:11 PM
What does Jason Kidd do as a coach? Please enlighten me.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Is PJ Carlesimo the top coaching mind of our time? How did they get so much worse.

alenleomessi
11-29-2013, 10:14 PM
How excited are Hawks fans right now? Imagine this

Millsap for Asik
Draft Smart/Exum with Nets pick
Coke throws 50 million dollar deal at Melo.

Teague
Smart/Exum
Melo
Horford
Asik

Top 4 in the East easily.
dude arent they like top 4 already.. :lol

DuMa
11-29-2013, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/X7e6c72.png

Lateralus
11-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Rockets. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Murdering everyone.

bagelred
11-29-2013, 10:23 PM
:lol :lol How can anyone be a fan of such a pathetic team? :lol :lol

I lack self awareness.

Jameerthefear
11-29-2013, 10:47 PM
The Nets straight up suck.

Mr. Incredible
11-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Kidd should bring a bucket of water next game.

Rik Smits' Hair
11-29-2013, 10:50 PM
What a massacre

Lateralus
11-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Nets ain't bout that life.

H-tinnne :bowdown: :rockon:

niko
11-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Someone asked which team was better, neither - the difference is a bunch of Nets have stopped trying.

Lateralus
11-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Someone asked which team was better, neither - the difference is a bunch of Nets have stopped trying.

28 teams are better than any NY team :confusedshrug:

bagelred
11-29-2013, 11:10 PM
:lol :lol :lol

ChrisKreager
11-29-2013, 11:19 PM
The Rockets have gone down swinging in most of their losses.

The Nets have a tendency to get pulverized a lot.

And yet somebody thought McHale, with a winning record, should have been fired? Before Kidd, whose Nets have yet to sniff .500?

noob cake
11-29-2013, 11:22 PM

And yet somebody thought McHale, with a winning record, should have been fired? Before Kidd, whose Nets have yet to sniff .500?

McFail is a below average coach. Jason Kidd is just fail.

Lateralus
11-29-2013, 11:25 PM

Should be 15-2 :rant

disel
11-30-2013, 12:55 AM
Houston needs to get rid of Lin and give his minutes to Brooks. Brooks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lin

The JKidd Kid
11-30-2013, 01:38 AM

Exactly, I just don't know what to do with this team. As good as Lopez is, I think you need to blow the entire team up and get this losing, no effort stench out. Pierce and Garnett realize that their careers are over and there's no point in trying, Lopez, Johnson and Williams just aren't leaders or players that put any emotion into their game. Trade these guys for some young but established players, not nessecarily these players but guys like Faried, Leonard, Derozan and Stephenson. Guys that are young and developing but already have an impact on the league. Maybe try and get the Bucks draft pick since they love doing stupid trades. Blow it up, it's time.

KungFuJoe
11-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Houston needs to get rid of Lin and give his minutes to Brooks. Brooks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lin

Seriously. Trade that scrub. Bevs and AB are the point guards of the future.

coin24
11-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Exactly, I just don't know what to do with this team. As good as Lopez is, I think you need to blow the entire team up and get this losing, no effort stench out. Pierce and Garnett realize that their careers are over and there's no point in trying, Lopez, Johnson and Williams just aren't leaders or players that put any emotion into their game. Trade these guys for some young but established players, not nessecarily these players but guys like Faried, Leonard, Derozan and Stephenson. Guys that are young and developing but already have an impact on the league. Maybe try and get the Bucks draft pick since they love doing stupid trades. Blow it up, it's time.

Umm, werent the Nets in great position like 2 years ago? They tanked, had heaps of picks and cap space and this is what they came up with:oldlol: ..

I guess this season couldnt be expected though, most people before the season predicted them being top 4 in the east. Then again, the east is so pathetic if they go .500 the rest of the season theyll easily make the playoffs!!

The JKidd Kid
11-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Umm, werent the Nets in great position like 2 years ago? They tanked, had heaps of picks and cap space and this is what they came up with:oldlol: ..

I guess this season couldnt be expected though, most people before the season predicted them being top 4 in the east. Then again, the east is so pathetic if they go .500 the rest of the season theyll easily make the playoffs!!

Yep that's the sad part. They had a ton of picks, young players and an unlimited check book and they put this team on the floor. Billy King needs to go and since the Nets won't fire Kidd, so do Welsh and Frank, especially Welsh and his awful offense.

Jameerthefear
11-30-2013, 01:55 AM
i don't think i've ever seen a basketball team get blown out so often. i don't know how people can stay positive.

The JKidd Kid
11-30-2013, 01:59 AM
i don't think i've ever seen a basketball team get blown out so often. i don't know how people can stay positive.

I don't think anyone is positive, Nets fans just tend to be pretty level headed and realistic and we understand the situation we are in right now and that there will be many dark days ahead. That's why no ones panicking.

I<3NBA
11-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Billy King got handed an empty checkbook and bought lemon cars :lol

epitome of a moronic GM.

MiseryCityTexas
11-30-2013, 02:23 AM

everyone knows that the assistant coaches are the real head coaches of the houston rockets.

MiseryCityTexas
11-30-2013, 02:31 AM
kelvin sampson, and that foreign white dude that used to coach in the d-league would both have coaching jobs on other NBA teams if it weren't for Dwight coming to Houston.

bballbball
11-30-2013, 05:23 AM

I'm not really a Lin fan but he's probably been the Rockets 3rd best player this season. 15pts-4.5 asts-2.6 rebs on 50% shooting either playing off the bench or out of position in the starting line-up cause of Harden's injury ain't scrubby. AB was on a cold streak up until recently.

disel
11-30-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm not really a Lin fan but he's probably been the Rockets 3rd best player this season. 15pts-4.5 asts-2.6 rebs on 50% shooting either playing off the bench or out of position in the starting line-up cause of Harden's injury ain't scrubby. AB was on a cold streak up until recently.
Ya idiot. AB was planted on the bench. He had no chance to showcase himself. in the only games he has got dude is averaging 17 points on seriously insane Field gal numbers.He was never on a cold streak you douche.

disel
11-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Well AB is putting up his numbers with much better % when he gets lin's minutes.

bmd
11-30-2013, 01:35 PM
kelvin sampson, and that foreign white dude that used to coach in the d-league would both have coaching jobs on other NBA teams if it weren't for Dwight coming to Houston.Not true. Sampson was interviewed for head coaching jobs over the summer. No team hired him.

hawksdogsbraves
11-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Well AB is putting up his numbers with much better % when he gets lin's minutes.

Pfft even in his best season Brooks only shot 42%. He's a chucker who plays no defense, hence why he's rotting on the Rockets' bench.

noob cake
11-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Pfft even in his best season Brooks only shot 42%. He's a chucker who plays no defense, hence why he's rotting on the Rockets' bench.

Homeless PG version of Crawford. 8th man off the bench type player.

KungFuJoe
11-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Seriously...he's had a few offensive games for the Rockets, no doubt, but he's a liability on defense, is actually TO prone, and is a score first PG.

He's best used in spot duty.

R.I.P.
11-30-2013, 06:05 PM
dude arent they like top 4 already.. :lol

Yeah I should have said top 4 with at least 45 wins. :lol

disel
11-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Try again dumbass, he is shooting the ball 51 from the field and 53 from the 3pt line. number one in the league from there.Infact he has hit 14-22 in the last 4 games. BTW,Noob and kungfu are Asian lin lovers pertending to be Houston fans