PDA

View Full Version : "Derrick Rose is done" - Stephen A. Smith

KyleKong
11-30-2013, 03:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjBYiCq_pA

Now, before anyone goes crazy by just reading the title of the thread, Stephen A. Smith brings up a good point...

He says, by saying Derrick Rose is done, he is talking about the type of Derrick Rose we saw when he won the MVP award in 2011.

My discussion I want to bring up is, will Derrick Rose continue to play the way he has, or will he change his style of play to remain healthy?

The follow-up question is, will he be as impact if he changes up his game to be more safe?

moe94
11-30-2013, 03:35 AM
I think SAS would blow Jabari Parker if given the opportunity.

SamuraiSWISH
11-30-2013, 03:37 AM
:oldlol:

Repped

TheCorporation
11-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Rose looked awful this year. He was shooting 38% FG (if I recall correctly) and for a while had has many turnovers as assists. Of course some of this is attributed to court rust, but I just don't think he will ever get back to his MVP stature.

Hopefully when he returns he will be smart enough to know he cannot rely on his athleticism/speed for forever. He will likely lose a step or two after this injury anyway, so he will almost be forced to do so.

HurricaneKid
11-30-2013, 03:52 AM
Meniscus tears are nothing and it will be 100% by next year. DWade actually had his meniscus entirely removed when he was in college. That was 11 years ago. Rather than snip the loose part of the meniscus which would have allowed him to come back in 6 weeks (and is what 999/1000 people would have had done) they elected to sew the meniscus back together so it will be completely intact. It will literally be 100%. But he never proved he was back from his ACL which is still the far more career altering injury. But comparing this injury to his last one is absurd.

TheReal Kendall
11-30-2013, 03:53 AM
Its gonna be tough for him to change his style up.

I could see him being an impact if he develops a consistent jumper and decent long range shot.

I hope comes back somewhat the same cause it sucks to see players get hurt and come back a shell of their former selfs

coin24
11-30-2013, 05:06 AM
The only worrying part was that he still didn't look 100% after all that time off, who knows what else was really wrong.
Hopefully they can get it right and he can come back at full strength next season

Eric Cartman
11-30-2013, 05:09 AM
Too bad he can't shoot.

R.I.P.
11-30-2013, 05:10 AM
I hope he

NumberSix
11-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Could Parker's cοck fit in SAS mouth with Kobe's already being permanently jammed in there?