PDA

View Full Version : EDM

B-Easy8
11-30-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm recently getting into EDM. I have been listening to a lot of Calvin Harris, Alesso and Ingrosso.

Can anyone recommend me a good site to get a nice selection or can someone point me in the right direction as to who to listen to.

b1imtf
11-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Something like livingelectro

eriX
11-30-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm recently getting into EDM. I have been listening to a lot of Calvin Harris, Alesso and Ingrosso.

Can anyone recommend me a good site to get a nice selection or can someone point me in the right direction as to who to listen to.

they are more pop than 'EDM' tbh, listen to some podcast from some popular people like hardwell on air, or dimitri vegas & like mikes smash the house radio etc... or if you would like to venture into different areas of dance music i can direct you to a more stuff.

Off note just went to Stereosonic 2013 today :applause:

B-Easy8
11-30-2013, 11:38 AM
they are more pop than 'EDM' tbh, listen to some podcast from some popular people like hardwell on air, or dimitri vegas & like mikes smash the house radio etc... or if you would like to venture into different areas of dance music i can direct you to a more stuff.

Off note just went to Stereosonic 2013 today :applause:

Thanks for the heads up. I have been listening to a bit of Hardwell today.

Ah awesome how was it?

I wanted to go but I had other plans.

eriX
11-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I have been listening to a bit of Hardwell today.

Ah awesome how was it?

I wanted to go but I had other plans.

Well if you are into the big room house e.g. hardwell's remix of alive then i'd suggest you find some stuff by blasterjaxx or w&w.

Day 1 was pretty good but day 2 is going to be better. Do you live in syd?

B-Easy8
11-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Well if you are into the big room house e.g. hardwell's remix of alive then i'd suggest you find some stuff by blasterjaxx or w&w.

Day 1 was pretty good but day 2 is going to be better. Do you live in syd?

Na, Perth.

So you saw Calvin and Guetta today then?

eriX
11-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Na, Perth.

So you saw Calvin and Guetta today then?

oh nah i was at the full on stage all day to see the trance acts which are in my opinion much better than the mainstage people for day 1 for us and day 2 for you

GoRapz
11-30-2013, 11:27 PM

https://soundcloud.com/edm_chicago/3lau-live-at-edc-orlando-2013

Just got out the gym listening to that mix :bowdown:

As for artists, I suggest you listen to Avicii (his older stuff), Hardwell, W&W, Steve Angello, Kaskade (listen to his live sets, he knows how to put on a show)

jazz873
11-30-2013, 11:36 PM
thissongslaps.com

DaSeba5
12-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Deadmau5 (my favorite)
Daft Punk
Afrojack
Alesso
Steve Aoki
Dada Life
Kill the Noise
Knife Party
Tiesto
Swedish House Mafia
Zedd
Mat Zo
Quintino
Hardwell
W&W
Nicky Romero
Firebeatz
Armin Van Buuren
Avicii
Arty
David Guetta
Skrillex

Just some I listen to

B-Easy8
12-01-2013, 01:55 AM
https://soundcloud.com/edm_chicago/3lau-live-at-edc-orlando-2013

Just got out the gym listening to that mix :bowdown:

As for artists, I suggest you listen to Avicii (his older stuff), Hardwell, W&W, Steve Angello, Kaskade (listen to his live sets, he knows how to put on a show)

That was awesome.

Thanks

Wavves
12-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Ehh, the poppy sounds of Calvin Harris, Swedish House Mafia ect don't appeal to me.

Won't appeal to everyone, but I'm massively into guys like;
Hucci
Flosstradamus
Yellowclaw
Diplo

Shit that your mother would be twerking too

Balla_Status
12-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Going to stereosonic this weekend.

eriX
12-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Going to stereosonic this weekend.

just came back from stereo day 2, Above and beyond, axwell and armin didnt disappoint :bowdown: :bowdown: