PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys real talk ..

IamRAMBO24
11-30-2013, 08:10 PM
What makes a person alpha? I'm not talking rep bars either (which was a concoction I made up to attack the system); I'm talking about the characteristics that make a person (in your opinion) alpha?

Meticode
11-30-2013, 08:11 PM
The balance between aggression and affection.

IamRAMBO24
11-30-2013, 08:15 PM
The reason why I ask is we have a bunch of youngsters growing up in an age that encourages "betaness." This is the reason why they are struggling with girl issues and getting walked all over.

dr.hee
11-30-2013, 08:15 PM
What makes a person alpha? I'm not talking rep bars either (which was a concoction I made up to attack the system); I'm talking about the characteristics that make a person (in your opinion) alpha?

Im my opinion, the alpha/beta thing is a vast oversimplifcation of social interactions and hierarchies amongst human individuals, mostly made up from folk psychology and self affirmating bullshit. Suitable for men's fitness lifestyle magazines and smalltalk amongst simple minded folks. Not much more to see there.

IamRAMBO24
11-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Im my opinion, the alpha/beta thing is a vast oversimplifcation of social interations and hierarchies amongst human individuals, mostly made up from folk psychology and self affirmating bullshit.

I don't think it's made up. I think it's hard to find a definition for it, but the fact of the matter is girls can sense this characteristic pretty well since they choose the alphas over the betas 9 out of 10 times.

Meticode
11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
The reason why I ask is we have a bunch of youngsters growing up in an age that encourages "betaness." This is the reason why they are struggling with girl issues and getting walked all over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0iNxiICNI

ace23
11-30-2013, 08:21 PM
If you have to ask, you're beta.

Jameerthefear
11-30-2013, 08:22 PM
this era>>>>

dr.hee
11-30-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't think it's made up. I think it's hard to find a definition for it, but the fact of the matter is girls can sense this characteristic pretty well since they choose the alphas over the betas 9 out of 10 times.

If you can't even define it, how do you know women choose the "alphas" over the "betas" 9 out of 10 times based on that characteristic? Apparently you can't even tell me what this thread is about.

KobesFinger
11-30-2013, 09:17 PM
I think alpha/beta is stupid. We don't live in packs where we need a male who is physically dominant to lead and pass on his genes. I think young guys nowadays are too concerned with this concept. IMO, the ones who talk about being alpha are usually beta because they need the reassurance.

I do believe in side men though. They're the irrelevant guy on the side who makes no moves. Similar to friend zoned guys except they're like that with everyone.

Dresta
11-30-2013, 09:24 PM
I think alpha/beta is stupid. We don't live in packs where we need a male who is physically dominant to lead and pass on his genes. I think young guys nowadays are too concerned with this concept. IMO, the ones who talk about being alpha are usually beta because they need the reassurance.

I do believe in side men though. They're the irrelevant guy on the side who makes no moves. Similar to friend zoned guys except they're like that with everyone.
Young guys for the most part are vain, stupid and desperately insecure - i've always had a good laugh watching their idiotic posturing and embarrassing attempts to impress the fairer sex.

ace23
11-30-2013, 09:50 PM
I didn't realize people took this alpha/beta shit seriously. Thought it was just some funny shit people throw around on the internet. :oldlol:

Swaggin916
12-01-2013, 06:12 AM
Alpha or dominant male in the animal sense can mean different things depending on the animal, but usually it is just the one that asserts his will/strength the most. In our society, that is typically not that desirable a quality. There are so many variables within human societies and cultures that determine what is attractive... and being really pushy and aggressive will only get you so far.

What people really find attractive are those who are comfortable in their own skin, but are also sensitive to other's needs (fairness/attention/etc.) You don't have to be an Alpha to have those qualities. I think the most important thing these days is consciousness. How conscious are you of what is happening? How tuned in are you? A lazy mind is not attractive.

We all have very strong sexual urges and a lot of our thoughts are based off of those. To let your self esteem or sense of worth be effected by them is foolish. Our culture sells the living hell out of sex and people make huge profits off our sexual desires... and we have this notion that those who get all the girls are hot stuff. Take that ball of programming and throw it in the garbage. What we need are bright minds, hard workers - people that will lead us into the future. You will find that as you educate yourself and work hard, your self esteem will grow and women you interact with will be attracted to you. You don't have to be good looking and won't have to seek out anything out... it will just happen. Focus on yourself and be the best you that you can be - or least a damn good one.

niko
12-01-2013, 11:50 AM
If you ask you're not.

KevinNYC
12-01-2013, 01:22 PM
If you ask you're not.
Damn Niko. Did you know that was going to be the avatar when you made the bet?

niko
12-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Damn Niko. Did you know that was going to be the avatar when you made the bet?
Nope. I have to say i respect P.Tiddy more now. :lol

RidonKs
12-01-2013, 03:09 PM
the sole criteria for alpha status is not having to wonder whether you have it

but for the most part its just bullshit lol

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Power and Status. Derived from selfishness and willpower.

Rest don't matter.

Muscles are strongly associated with it but aren't necessary. (Rothschilds)
An astounding intellect (Alciabades, Pericles) is also associated with it but brute force to become the tribal chief can overcome that. (Africa/South America)
Political wit can be a mark of it, (Kevin Spacey in House of Cards) but having a dumb, naive attitude can beat it (Goku
Morals can (Christ, Buddha), but not necessarily (Hitler, Stalin, Zedong, Castro, Vlad the Impaler)

The one major thing or so I've heard is sexual prowess... but even this has way too many exceptions to be deemed a rule.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-01-2013, 03:34 PM

This has very little to do with Alpha.

That has to do with respect and boundaries.

OhNoTimNoSho
12-01-2013, 03:58 PM
This shit has been overanalyzed to death. Alpha simply means leader. Beta means follower.

You can be Alpha by leading a conversation or be alpha by leading people in a social interaction, being the one that initiates etc...

What women really pick up on in the alpha sense is if you are a leader in your own life. Are you in charge of your decisions? Do you know what you want where you're going etc.. This current betaness disease thats affecting society is very real. We got a bunch of sheep just following other sheep with all these faggy trends going on. Its sad and pathetic. The worst part is that they think they are being leaders,

ace23
12-01-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBdfKojZFM

^Alpha if I've ever seen one tbh

dr.hee
12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBdfKojZFM

^Alpha if I've ever seen one tbh

Watched the intro and assumed they're mocking the PUA clichees. Turns out they're dead serious :oldlol:

Random_Guy
12-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Anyone that thinks they;re "alpha" and treat everyone else like lower people arent alpha, they're just retarded assholes. IMHO alpha are used for the people who live life for themself, doesnt give a shit about other's opinions and live life to the fullest.
Just my definition doe

JerrySteakhouse
12-01-2013, 05:50 PM
If you have to ask, you're beta.
This...

cuad
12-01-2013, 06:32 PM
It's quite simple. Just ask yourself if you are like me. If yes, then you are alpha.