alenleomessi
11-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Wall 26/6/12 (9-18) 3tos
Teague 15/3/5 (5-18) 5tos

Wizards-Hawks 108-101

MP.Trey
11-30-2013, 10:29 PM
ISH. Where one game ends arguments.

Impressive showing though. Wall has looked great this year, looking like a definite all star. :cheers:

rknine15
11-30-2013, 10:30 PM
he really outplayed teague, he didn't look too confident out there....

John was pretty aggressive today

BlazerRed
11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Wall has been incredible good. Props to him, was starting to look like a terrible bust early last year.

moe94
11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Deron Williams shit on Paul all throughout their best years.

OldSkoolball#52
11-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Wall 26/6/12 (9-18) 3tos
Teague 15/3/5 (5-18) 5tos

Wizards-Hawks 108-101

Just watched that game.

Honestly, the only thing he can do is charge to the basket and throw the ball up at the cup. If the defense is sucked in he can get it kicked out to a shooter.

That's very nice. I still don't get the sense he's able to control a game with the best point guards, which is what will come into play in the postseason. He's still very one dimensional. Unfortunately, it's pretty much a regular season dimension.

He's a poor man's Rose. Lebron would casually devour him in the playoffs and then burp.

DuMa
11-30-2013, 10:33 PM
i hate rondo but he doesnt lose this title just because of injury. he can still come back with a vengeance

rknine15
11-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Just watched that game.

Honestly, the only thing he can do is charge to the basket and throw the ball up at the cup. If the defense is sucked in he can get it kicked out to a shooter.

That's very nice. I still don't get the sense he's able to control a game with the best point guards, which is what will come into play in the postseason. He's still very one dimensional. Unfortunately, it's pretty much a regular season dimension.

He's a poor man's Rose. Lebron would casually devour him in the playoffs and then burp.
Yeah lebron is the best bball player in the world....:rolleyes:

TheMilkyBarKid
11-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Wall finally getting some love :D dude has been balling lately

OldSkoolball#52
11-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Yeah lebron is the best bball player in the world....:rolleyes:

Yeah but what I'm saying is that PG's like Paul and Rondo can at least run an offense, and give you a reasonable chance at collectively getting by the Heat. Still doesn't guarantee it of course.

If you try to go through the Heat just by having one guy do a bunch of scoring, you're toast. Ask Rose, Durant, George, Parker.

Lebron is like an End Boss in a video game. Dude will just not let anyone by :oldlol:

Heavincent
11-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Lebron is like an End Boss in a video game. Dude will just not let anyone by :oldlol:

And Dirk took a shit on the end game boss in one try, sat back and enjoyed the credits.

wakencdukest
11-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Just watched that game.

I noticed this against the Lakers last week. He drew a lot of fouls going to the hoop, but missed a shit-ton of easy layups.

316MIA
11-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Meh. The PG competition in the Eastern Conference is a flat out joke to be honest. John Wall has been on a tear so far and he's always been better than Jeff Teague in just about everything IMO.

What's shocking is how terrible Kyrie has been playing. I actually expected a big year from him to start off the season.

The JKidd Kid
When Williams and Rose went down the title was basically handed to him. His only real cmpetitor other than those guys is Teague, who he dominated tonight.

CelticBaller
i hate rondo but he doesnt lose this title just because of injury. he can still come back with a vengeance
Since he isn't playing he is not currently on the discussion. Wall is clearly better than Teague.

KyrieTheFuture
11-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Well, the three PGs who are all better than him are injured right now so congratulations on winning it by default. I like wall a lot but this is kind of a dumb thread.

Miller for 3
11-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Isn't that like being the tallest midget? Who's his biggest comp? The corpse of Jameer Nelson? Mario Chalmers? Kylke "I play 40 games a season" Lowry? Many YMCA players would be top 3 PGs in the East :lol

scott0326
11-30-2013, 11:15 PM
For people saying "all wall can do is drive and shoot", watch him some more. He has definitely worked on his jump shot and free throw shooting and has been fantastic this year, especially of late. His mid range is far from automatic but its definitely getting respectable and he's also added a 3 point shot to his game, which he's been hitting at a decent clip (33%).

Wall is easily best healthy PG in East right now and is probably a top 5 PG in all of NBA right now.

Dr. Ice
12-01-2013, 12:17 AM
yea he definitely looked way better than teague today, and this is coming from a hawks fan. I dont understand how wall v. irving was even an argument. A simple eye test clearly shows that wall is superior

STATUTORY
12-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Just watched that game.

he's very poor man's rose, he can't get to the basket and finish as easily from the half court set.

veilside23
12-01-2013, 12:59 AM
what the .... why lebron is mentioned in this thread its about john wall ... oh am sorry lebron is the greatest.. my bad...

on topic.

26 12 5 steals ... doing it without beal. dude has been ballin lately.. try watching the game instead of box score... once his mid range gets automatic... /thread

Meticode
12-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Wall has been incredible good. Props to him, was starting to look like a terrible bust early last year.
Well, until after the all-star break.

Meticode
12-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Well, the three PGs who are all better than him are injured right now so congratulations on winning it by default. I like wall a lot but this is kind of a dumb thread.
If one of them is Williams I haven't been high on him since he went to Brooklyn. He's regressed in my opinion. Injuries or not.

But I do agree with you.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Rose, Williams and who else?

veilside23
12-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Well, until after the all-star break.

what will happen then? :rolleyes:

Meticode
12-01-2013, 01:04 AM
The thread is about John Wall and point guards. Not Wizards making playoffs or LeBron. Get the **** out of here.

:coleman:

Meticode
12-01-2013, 01:05 AM
what will happen then? :rolleyes:
He said Wall looked like an "early" bust last year. My comment was me agreeing with him basically stating "Yes, Wall played awesome after the all-star break last year."

scott0326
12-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Rose, Williams and who else?
Rondo I'm assuming

RoundMoundOfReb
12-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Rondo I'm assuming
lol fail on my part. totally forgot about him. Rose Rondo are better than Wall not sure about Williams at this point.

veilside23
12-01-2013, 01:09 AM
He said Wall looked like an "early" bust last year. My comment was me agreeing with him basically stating "Yes, Wall played awesome after the all-star break last year."

i agree i just hate it when this lebron homers gets his name every thread... lebron is the goat no need to mention that evey thread :pimp:

veilside23
12-01-2013, 01:10 AM
lol fail on my part. totally forgot about him. Rose Rondo are better than Wall not sure about Williams at this point.

i dont know if drose will still be better than wall once he comes back though..

right know unless williams returns to the old williams .. wall will be ballin..:bowdown:

greymatter
12-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Pretty sad.

Reminds me of when Terrell Brandon and Mookie Blaylock made AS teams. Guys with 1-2 appearances and only when the East was especially weak on guards.

ohdilly
12-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Rondo is gonna be making some noise this year if he can stay healthy. I wanna see this guy play without KG and Pierce. He always puts up triple doubles with a lot of steals. If only he can gradually improve his shooting range he would be dangerous.

ralph_i_el
12-01-2013, 10:15 AM

When he was hurt?

Buzissa
12-01-2013, 11:25 AM
It says a lot about the East when the best PG's are Wall and Teague.
Wall is pretty good, but he is not even a top 5 PG in the league.

Bandito
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Just watched that game.

That's pretty much Lebron when he started and look where he is now. Wall is going to get better.

Bandito
12-01-2013, 11:28 AM
It says a lot about the East when the best PG's are Wall and Teague.
Wall is pretty good, but he is not even a top 5 PG in the league.
Who are your 5 top pg's? I am just curious...

Buzissa
12-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Who are your 5 top pg's? I am just curious...

1-Paul
2-Parker
3-Westbrook
4-Curry
5-Conley

Rose would be in my list if he was not injured. Maybe Wall has a case for 5th, but that's it.

Nastradamus
12-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Why oh why did we sign Jennings instead of Teague? I wanted Teague and would have gone up to 4/45-50

westside_baller
12-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Might as well proclaim him 'best PG in the dleague.' The east is a barren wasteland of talent outside of miami and indiana.

Genaro
12-01-2013, 12:37 PM
This.
People on this board act like people hurt are dead or retired.

Go Getter
12-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Just watched that game.

Just when I thought you could make a reasonable post you go and ruin it.:facepalm

Go Getter
12-01-2013, 12:40 PM
he's very poor man's rose, he can't get to the basket and finish as easily from the half court set.
Rose was very good at getting to the basket with ease from a half court set. It's so sad that his body just couldn't hold up. Hopefully he can get back out there and finish his career on his own terms and not because of injuries issues.

The JKidd Kid
12-01-2013, 01:00 PM
1-Paul
2-Parker
3-Westbrook
4-Curry
5-Conley

Rose would be in my list if he was not injured. Maybe Wall has a case for 5th, but that's it.

Thats how you know a shit ton of players are injured :lol . And Conley is nowhere near Wall btw.

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 01:05 PM
1-Paul
2-Parker
3-Westbrook
4-Curry
5-Conley

Conley? LOL

ralph_i_el
12-01-2013, 02:58 PM
1-Paul
2-Parker
3-Westbrook
4-Curry
5-Conley

That's a stretch with conley. Everyone else has a valid argument. I'd take Wall over Curry. Parker is a great player but he's also a huge beneficiary of the Spurs system/coaching.

rknine15
12-01-2013, 07:22 PM
1-Paul
2-Parker
3-Westbrook
4-Curry
5-Conley

1. ok fine
2. system player... individually Wall>Parker
3. not even Wall (19/4/9/42%) > Westbrook (21/4/5/39%)
4. Curry, sure but its close
5. :facepalm your kidding right?

as for Rose, D.Will and Rondo.... Rose and D.Will have played this season and been terrible and lets see what Rondo will do without 3 HOF players and Doc beside him