PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum: 20 points (8-14), 10 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 assists

RedBlackAttack
11-30-2013, 11:30 PM
...he also held Noah to 2-for-10 from the field in a Cavs win over the Bulls.

It's a joy to watch this guy play basketball when he has it going like he did tonight. The question is, can he replicate this and/or is this a sign that he's getting his legs back under him... or is this just a one-off performance that he won't be able to follow up on?

What say you, ISH?

RRR3
11-30-2013, 11:34 PM
I really hope he is back to what he was in his last year with the Lakers (19/12 on 56% as the 2nd option), I like watching him play.

HomieWeMajor
11-30-2013, 11:36 PM
I really hope he is back to what he was in his last year with the Lakers (19/12 on 56% as the 2nd option), I like watching the box score when he plays.
Fixed.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Hes certainly fun to watch when he can go, so im hoping this isnt a one off.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-30-2013, 11:37 PM
I would love to see him get back to his 2012 form but I just don't think he can on those knees.

RRR3
11-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Fixed.
I watched the game, stfu ******

Scholar
11-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Here's to hoping the dude gets back to 2011-12 form. He was beasting that year. Probably would've averaged 20+ ppg if Mike Brown added him in the offense a bit more... Or if Kobe would've relinquished the star role a bit.

I just hope it doesn't become a huge regret for us Lakers fans knowing we had this dude wanting to stay but traded him for somebody who didn't even want to be on the team.

Meticode
12-01-2013, 12:18 AM
I really hope he is back to what he was in his last year with the Lakers (19/12 on 56% as the 2nd option), I like watching him play.
He's not. He's even said he won't ever been that good because of his knees. At least ceiling wise. He said he has to change his game and depend more upon skill than his athleticism. He still gets knee pain.

Meticode
12-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Here's to hoping the dude gets back to 2011-12 form. He was beasting that year. Probably would've averaged 20+ ppg if Mike Brown added him in the offense a bit more... Or if Kobe would've relinquished the star role a bit.

I just hope it doesn't become a huge regret for us Lakers fans knowing we had this dude wanting to stay but traded him for somebody who didn't even want to be on the team.
Actually Brown ran the offense more through Bynum during that year than any other year Bynum has ever played. That's partially why he came to Cleveland because he knew Brown favored him and if he was healthy he'd get the time to play.

I doubt Bynum would've done that much better his best year in L.A. than he did.

RRR3
12-01-2013, 12:22 AM
He's not. He's even said he won't ever been that good because of his knees. At least ceiling wise. He said he has to change his game and depend more upon skill than his athleticism. He still gets knee pain.
Bynum wasn't exactly athletic in 2011-12

Meticode
12-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Bynum wasn't exactly athletic in 2011-12
He was more athletic then, than he is now and will ever be because of his knees. Let's stop having a ****ing pissing contest on word definition and agree that physically, he won't be as good as he was his last two years with the Lakers, his knees are shot and he has to be monitored from here on out for the rest of his career.

Jesus ****ING Christ, people and there technicalities.

RRR3
12-01-2013, 12:26 AM
He was more athletic then, than he is now and will ever be because of his knees. Let's stop having a ****ing pissing contest on word definition and agree that physically, he won't be as good as he was his last two years with the Lakers, his knees are shot and he has to be monitored from here on out for the rest of his career.

Jesus ****ING Christ, people and there technicalities.
wtf that response was completely unwarranted given what I said :wtf: He looked good to me today he had a big dunk early and was hitting a bunch of bank shots as well

Meticode
12-01-2013, 12:28 AM
wtf that response was completely unwarranted given what I said :wtf: He looked good to me today he had a big dunk early and was hitting a bunch of bank shots as well
I don't care.

coin24
12-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Bynum was beasting today:bowdown: Real joy to watch his post moves/footwork:applause:

Just hope he can stay healthy, the offense looks great when they run through him..

Bigsmoke
12-01-2013, 01:01 AM
I watched the game, stfu ******

Welcome back:cheers:

RedBlackAttack
12-01-2013, 01:08 AM
I have to agree. Meticode takes over for Mathius every now and again with his temper. I wouldn't take it too personally. :oldlol:

I think what you were trying to say was that Bynum's game was never really centered around his athleticism, but his insane combination of size, length and skill. Bynum was never like a Dwight Howard who jumps out of the gym and leans on those traits to be productive offensively.

Bynum's is a more refined game that uses footwork and angles, not high flying theatrics. That's why he may be able to become really effective again without necessarily ever having his knees at 100 percent again.

You saw the possibilities tonight. The question is can he replicate it?

Meticode
12-01-2013, 01:14 AM
I have to agree. Meticode takes over for Mathius every now and again with his temper. I wouldn't take it too personally. :oldlol:

I think what you were trying to say was that Bynum's game was never really centered around his athleticism, but his insane combination of size, length and skill. Bynum was never like a Dwight Howard who jumps out of the gym and leans on those traits to be productive offensively.

Bynum's is a more refined game that uses footwork and angles, not high flying theatrics. That's why he may be able to become really effective again without necessarily ever having his knees at 100 percent again.

You saw the possibilities tonight. The question is can he replicate it?
You grouped me with Mathius? Seriously? Seriously!? Are you ****ing serious? You can't be serious? Right? Right!?

My mind is blown right now. All the arguments I got in it with him...

I wish he was still here.

VIntageNOvel
12-01-2013, 02:21 AM
bowling knee bynum still better than coward:applause:

kNicKz
12-01-2013, 02:22 AM
It's a joy to watch him. He is really one of the only traditional big men in the league right now

Nick Young
12-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Bynum is the best scoring center in the league. It is really a shame about the 2008 injury because he used to have insane hops for a guy his size to go along with his skills.

He also has always been underrated on defense. He is legit 7'2 with massive wingspan and 280. He might not get the flashy block stat but he protects the paint just as well if not better as prime Howard. He also is a better man defender , but he never really has to put that skill to use because most centers in the league now are offensive scrubs.

Even if athleticism never comes back I hope he doesnt get any more major knee injuries. He can easily be a 20/10 player if he gets the minutes. He definately has the skillset.

Wonder where all this praise was when he was in his prime and still a Laker. Everyone on this board was hating on him and calling him overrated and called D12 a better scorer back then.

kNicKz
12-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Bynum is the best scoring center in the league. It is really a shame about the 2008 injury because he used to have insane hops for a guy his size to go along with his skills.

He also has always been underrated on offense. He is legit 7'2 with massive wingspan and 280. He might not get the flashy block stat but he protects the paint just as well if not better as prime Howard. He also is a better man defender , but he never really has to put that skill to use because most centers in the league now are offensive scrubs.

Even if athleticism never comes back I hope he doesnt get any more major knee injuries. He can easily be a 20/10 player if he gets the minutes. He definately has the skillset.

Wonder where all this praise was when he was in his prime and still a Laker. Everyone on this board was hating on him and calling him overrated and called D12 a better scorer back then.

It's so refreshing to watch a center use post moves

ihatetimthomas
12-01-2013, 02:26 AM
I would like to see more than one good game in a row before questioning if he has his legs back or if he can do this on a consistent basis. I think he will have games like this from time to time, but I don't think he can do it consistently. His knees are not going to ever be where they were prior to his injuries and it will haunt him the rest of his career. Good sign is he hasn't missed a game recently and appears to be playing more. But I think it's quite premature to think he can do this game in game out. Let's discuss when we actually see him do this a couple of games

Meticode
12-01-2013, 02:29 AM
Think about this for a second. Think about how old Bynum looks and what he's been through.

Now realize that he's literally almost a year younger than Roy Hibbert.

VIntageNOvel
12-01-2013, 02:33 AM

He also has always been underrated on defense. He is legit 7'2 with massive wingspan and 280. He might not get the flashy block stat but he protects the paint just as well if not better as prime Howard. He also is a better man defender , but he never really has to put that skill to use because most centers in the league now are offensive scrubs.

this!

bynum and chris paul is one of the biggest regret, both lose athleticism because of injury, yet still one of the best at their position.

sadly we would never see prime, healthy , athletic version of bynum and CP

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-01-2013, 03:04 AM
...he also held Noah to 2-for-10 from the field in a Cavs win over the Bulls.

It's a joy to watch this guy play basketball when he has it going like he did tonight. The question is, can he replicate this and/or is this a sign that he's getting his legs back under him... or is this just a one-off performance that he won't be able to follow up on?

What say you, ISH?

He has the skill set... If he was not injured he would eat alive Dwight Howard

bdreason
12-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Trade him now because his knees won't last! :D

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-01-2013, 03:07 AM
It's a joy to watch him. He is really one of the only traditional big men in the league right now

Mutha fcukas like u hated on this kid when he was playing for the lakers

Now he is a joy to watch lol

Blind mutha fcuking LAL haters

All Net
12-01-2013, 04:12 AM
Very happy for drew..

Mr. Jabbar
12-01-2013, 04:28 AM
his stats tomorrow:

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/2165/lqln.png

salwan
12-01-2013, 06:31 AM
it sucks that we as fans are robbed of watching a great bigman due to injuries

Nick Young
12-01-2013, 07:07 AM
He has the skill set... If he was not injured he would eat alive Dwight Howard
He already ate Dwight Howard alive on one leg, shutting that scrub down in the finals. When he was healthy he regularly put up 20 points 14+ rebounds on limited touches against undersized 6'9 clown Coward.

Element
12-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I loved watching him play in his last season in LA. Best footwork/post skill out of any big man in the L except for Duncan. He still sucks while being double teamed, though, just doesn't know what to do with the ball.

Had he and Ariza not been injured in 08, we could've three peated :mad:

Inb4 Celticf.ags saying "had KG not been injured in 09"....we had your number all year. And at least we made the Finals and won 2 games against your team at its peak without Bynum and Trevor (who was ballin in the 09 postseason) in 08. You guys didn't even manage to go to the ECF without KG.

And Scrubkins injury doesn't count, either. What if Kobe didn't have knee issues that year? Oh and btw, Bynum was injured again. Plus, what Rasheed Wallace gave you in Game 7 (you really think Perkins would've been able to score that much in such a tough, grinding game...and hit that clutch 3, too?) could not have been replicated by mofuggin Kenbrick Scrubkins. For real now

Element
12-01-2013, 07:08 AM
He already ate Dwight Howard alive on one leg, shutting that scrub down in the finals. When he was healthy he regularly put up 20 points 14+ rebounds on limited touches against undersized 6'9 clown Coward.

Pau and Kobe were shutting down Dwight, not Bynum.

Pau's man and Kobe's help defense that series were just :bowdown:

Nick Young
12-01-2013, 07:15 AM
I loved watching him play in his last season in LA. Best footwork/post skill out of any big man in the L except for Duncan. He still sucks while being double teamed, though, just doesn't know what to do with the ball.

Had he and Ariza not been injured in 08, we could've three peated :mad:

Inb4 Celticf.ags saying "had KG not been injured in 09"....we had your number all year. And at least we made the Finals and won 2 games against your team at its peak without Bynum and Trevor (who was ballin in the 09 postseason) in 08. You guys didn't even manage to go to the ECF without KG.

And Scrubkins injury doesn't count, either. What if Kobe didn't have knee issues that year? Oh and btw, Bynum was injured again. Plus, what Rasheed Wallace gave you in Game 7 (you really think Perkins would've been able to score that much in such a tough, grinding game...and hit that clutch 3, too?) could not have been replicated by mofuggin Kenbrick Scrubkins. For real now
In 08 with Healthy Ariza and Healthy Bynum we 4-0 the Celtics.

In 2010 Scrubkins going down was a blessing in disguise as Rasheed played like prime Sheed and his scoring, rebounding an defense in Game 7 is what kept the Celtics in the game. Scrubkins would have offered none of that. He didn't guard Pau or Bynum particularly well. The myth that he's some brilliant defender is only a myth created by rivers and delusional Celtics fans. Just look at what a scrub prime perkins is on the Thunder, just like he was a scrub on the Celtics.

Oh yeah he was never a dwightstopper either, Dwight scores more PPG and gets more boards vs Scrubkins then his career averages:lol

Element
12-01-2013, 07:27 AM
In 2010 Scrubkins going down was a blessing in disguise

Bu Bu But he would've prevented Kobe and Pau combining for 30+ rebounds :eek:

That nikka avg like 6 rebounds before he went down lmao

alenleomessi
12-01-2013, 08:54 AM
already more important than kyrie

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 09:03 AM
the fvck are you talking about? pau guarded dwight most of '09 finals and bynum has never had a 20 point game on dwight. stop making shit up