PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is better than Kobe in every facet of basketball

SavageMode
12-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Can Kobe guard all 5 positions? ahaha no :roll:

Lebron 13-6 vs Kobe. :roll:
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lebron-james-block-stuffs-tiago-splitter1-570x314.jpeg

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50f96a8decad045026000012/a-perfectly-timed-photo-of-lebron-james-dunking-on-the-lakers.jpg

[CODE]
Regular Season
Glossary

Trollsmasher
12-01-2013, 12:19 PM
With an exception of FT% and midrange game. But I expect the second to change by the end of LeBron's career:applause:

Fudge
12-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Weaaaaaak troll. :roll:

5 >>>>>>> 2 doeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#number6ix#
12-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Op at the age of 5:

http://i.eho.st/pg7sf5zc.gif

Element
12-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Kobe is better at:

post up game
shooting in general, from anywhere, any situation except right at the rim
FT's
making reads in the offense (anyone seen Kobe Doin Work?)
1 on 1 D

LeBron is better at:

finishing
volume assisting
drawing FT's
help defense
rebounding

Quickening
12-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Kobe is better at:

post up game
FT's
1 on 1 D

LeBron is better at:

finishing
volume assisting
drawing FT's
help defense
rebounding

Making reads of the offence lol :lol :oldlol: :roll:

STATUTORY
12-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Lebron stans feeling timid and insecure this holiday weekend

Element
12-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Making reads of the offence lol :lol :oldlol: :roll:

Watch Kobe Doin Work

I dont think you even understand what's going on on the court lol :lol

NumberSix
12-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Op at the age of 5:

http://i.eho.st/pg7sf5zc.gif
Lol. How does this even exist? It looks like its from an late 80s/early 90s kids show.

Fudge
12-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Dem insecure LeBran stanz

secund2nun
12-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Lebron is better than Kobe in nearly every aspect of the game. It's a shame that Kobe is THE most overrated athlete in modern history regardless of sport. It just shows you people will eat up whatever the media shoves down their throat.

branslowski
12-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Kobe's 35, injured, on the brink of retirement, hasn't even played a game this season, and haters still makin threads about him.:oldlol:

Dat insecurity:roll:

Trollsmasher
12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Watch Kobe Doin Work

I dont think you even understand what's going on on the court lol :lol
Says the guy who just created a "volume assisting" statistic to make it sound negative:lol

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Lebron can't guard 5 positions. Stop being dumb.

ripthekik
12-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Kobe is better at winning with less, against a harder conference nonetheless.

Bandito
12-01-2013, 12:57 PM
MJ couldn't guard the 5 positions on the floor and he was a better player than Kobe by a lot. And Kobe is better than Lebron so that says a lot.

STATUTORY
12-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Kobe is also a better leader/sensei for his teammates, he helps to actually elevate the play and develop his teammates instead of turning them into spot up shooters and cutters

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Kobe is also a better leader/sensei for his teammates, he helps to actually elevate the play and develop his teammates instead of turning them into spot up shooters and cutters
You Kobe fans have got to be kidding me :roll:

DMAVS41
12-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Kobe is clearly the better shooter and also has far better footwork. And is the superior man to man defender prime vs prime.

Not debatable.

Kobe is getting under-rated as **** on here of late.

Fudge
12-01-2013, 01:07 PM
So that settles it... Kobe > LeBron.

Dat backfire doeeeeee. :roll:

leMVP
12-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Why?

it's well known to any real basketball fan.

No need to make a thread about a known fact.

branslowski
12-01-2013, 01:17 PM

Bron fans seen him switch on to Thiago Splitter and now all of a sudden he gaurds all 5 positions.:roll: :roll:

branslowski
12-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Kobe is clearly the better shooter and also has far better footwork. And is the superior man to man defender prime vs prime.

Not debatable.

Kobe is getting under-rated as **** on here of late.

:eek: Dmavs? U ain't get hacked right?:lol

Naw but solid post. LeBron is a greater All Round player than Kobe though honestly, just like Magic and Bird were All Round better players than Jordan.

DMAVS41
12-01-2013, 01:25 PM
:eek: Dmavs? U ain't get hacked right?:lol

Naw but solid post. LeBron is a greater All Round player than Kobe though honestly, just like Magic and Bird were All Round better players than Jordan.

Not hacked. I don't lie. I think Lebron is definitely a better player than Kobe, but hardly in all facets of the game.

Some aren't even debatable. Like shooting...especially ft shooting and midrange shooting. And footwork...that might be where the biggest difference is.

And while Lebron is the superior overall defensive player...his man to man defense has never been as good as prime Kobe's man to man defense.

I'm getting sick of people acting like Kobe was just some run of the mill player. I heard Rose fans the other day say that prime Kobe would have had no chance to beat the 11 Heat in place of Rose. And that just isn't remotely true...they obviously never saw prime/peak Kobe. He was so much better than Rose on both ends and as a playmaker it's ****ing laughable.

Element
12-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Says the guy who just created a "volume assisting" statistic to make it sound negative:lol

Why? LeBron is not actually "better" or more proficient at other facets of playmaking, except the drive-and-dish. Dump-off passes to big men, Kobe might be GOAT SG at that. Passing out of the post? Kobe again GOAT SG at that, along with MJ. Etc

Mr. Jabbar
12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
basically kobe is better on every aspect but teaming up

FatComputerNerd
12-01-2013, 02:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DKDC9.jpg

Trollsmasher
12-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Why? LeBron is not actually "better" or more proficient at other facets of playmaking, except the drive-and-dish. Dump-off passes to big men, Kobe might be GOAT SG at that. Passing out of the post? Kobe again GOAT SG at that, along with MJ. Etc
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/vandam.gif

Bandito
12-01-2013, 02:21 PM
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/vandam.gif
Is that you fapping at the mere mention of Lebron:lol

mrpibb
12-01-2013, 02:31 PM
You best start believing in troll threads...

you're in one.

Nick Young
12-01-2013, 02:47 PM
except at winning rings:banana:

Lebron has only a 50% winning percentage in the finals. :lol

LAZERUSS
12-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Not hacked. I don't lie. I think Lebron is definitely a better player than Kobe, but hardly in all facets of the game.

Some aren't even debatable. Like shooting...especially ft shooting and midrange shooting. And footwork...that might be where the biggest difference is.

And while Lebron is the superior overall defensive player...his man to man defense has never been as good as prime Kobe's man to man defense.

I'm getting sick of people acting like Kobe was just some run of the mill player. I heard Rose fans the other day say that prime Kobe would have had no chance to beat the 11 Heat in place of Rose. And that just isn't remotely true...they obviously never saw prime/peak Kobe. He was so much better than Rose on both ends and as a playmaker it's ****ing laughable.

Excellent post.

:applause:

noob cake
12-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Kobe is better at:

post up game
FT's
1 on 1 D

LeBron is better at:

finishing
volume assisting
drawing FT's
help defense
rebounding

LeBron is so bad at reading the offense compared to Kobe that he is only the 2nd best pure point guard in the league.

STATUTORY
12-01-2013, 03:12 PM
LeBron is so bad at reading the offense compared to Kobe that he is only the 2nd best pure point guard in the league.

:facepalm didn't know that driving in the lane and dishing it out or passing the ball around the perimeter made you 2nd best pure PG in the league

Lebron is not a spectacular or creative playmaker, he simply has the athleticism and size to cheese very simple manuevers over and over again

Rubio is a better playmaker than Lebron ever will be

Nuff Said
12-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Pure point guard?:biggums:

Knoe Itawl
12-01-2013, 05:32 PM

I would actually agree with most of this, however I do think that Kobe's defense has been overrated in the sense that when he was at his best defensively was when he played with Shaq. I think it's obvious that Shaq's presence was a benefit not only in the sense of allowing him to gamble a lot more with Shaq's presence to cover mistakes (his later front court would provide similar cover) but also allow him to pick and choose when to go all out on defense. A great example is that game with Tmac where TMac was beasting all game but because he had to carry the offensive load wore down in the 4th where Kobe (because he could coast through 3 quarters with the Shaq luxury) was able to turn it on in the 4th and of course Bryant Stans were all going crazy about how he "shut TMac down" in the 4th while not understanding the intricacies of the sport. Bron is a better overall defender, and while he may not be quite the man defender a "focused Kobe" was, he has developed into a very good one (see D Rose). Help and team is no question.

Lebron is not better than Kobe at every facet of the game. However, he is a better player than Kobe at any stage of his career and that's clear to all but the most stubborn dikkriders (or the ignorant).

Also, don't cry for a couple of Rose fans underrating Bryant. That certainly pales in comparison to how overrated he's been throughout the years.

red1
12-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Lebron cant guard 5 positions. Maybe scrub 4s and 5s with no offensive skill but any half decent big will destroy him. He can only guard 3 or 4 positions.

Leftimage
12-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Lebron cant guard 5 positions. Maybe scrub 4s and 5s with no offensive skill but any half decent big will destroy him. He can only guard 3 or 4 positions.

He shut down Blake Griffin earlier this season.

6'8, 260 > 6'10 250

He can guard any position effectively, but if you put him on a quick PG or a strong PF/C he will tire out faster, so it's not in the team's best interest to use him that way for long periods of time. I've yet to see a mismatched player ''exploit'' Lebron's defense . He may not be elite-level when guarding a big, but he certainly does the job well.

pauk
12-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Kobe is a better FT shooter & has more moves in the post.

pauk
12-01-2013, 06:56 PM

I have seen Lebron efficiently guard the likes of Dwight Howard, Roy Hibbert.... mostly by fronting them / denying them the ball all the time, kindof like he did with Pau Gasol here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3O94yv4vc

DMAVS41
12-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I would actually agree with most of this, however I do think that Kobe's defense has been overrated in the sense that when he was at his best defensively was when he played with Shaq. I think it's obvious that Shaq's presence was a benefit not only in the sense of allowing him to gamble a lot more with Shaq's presence to cover mistakes (his later front court would provide similar cover) but also allow him to pick and choose when to go all out on defense. A great example is that game with Tmac where TMac was beasting all game but because he had to carry the offensive load wore down in the 4th where Kobe (because he could coast through 3 quarters with the Shaq luxury) was able to turn it on in the 4th and of course Bryant Stans were all going crazy about how he "shut TMac down" in the 4th while not understanding the intricacies of the sport. Bron is a better overall defender, and while he may not be quite the man defender a "focused Kobe" was, he has developed into a very good one (see D Rose). Help and team is no question.

Lebron is not better than Kobe at every facet of the game. However, he is a better player than Kobe at any stage of his career and that's clear to all but the most stubborn dikkriders (or the ignorant).

Also, don't cry for a couple of Rose fans underrating Bryant. That certainly pales in comparison to how overrated he's been throughout the years.

I said that Lebron was clearly better overall.

Kobe's defense is clearly worse overall as well, but man to man defense is a different story. That facet of the game goes to Kobe...and quite clearly in my opinion.

Kobe has at times in his career been extremely under-rated and over-rated. But when someone doesn't think he's on another level than 11 Rose...it needs to be corrected...regardless of what has been said in the past.

red1
12-01-2013, 06:58 PM

6'8, 260 > 6'10 250

He can guard any position effectively, but if you put him on a quick PG or a strong PF/C he will tire out faster, so it's not in the team's best interest to use him that way for long periods of time. I've yet to see a mismatched player ''exploit'' Lebron's defense . He may not be elite-level when guarding a big, but he certainly does the job well.

I have seen Lebron efficiently guard the likes of Dwight Howard, Roy Hibbert.... mostly by fronting them / denying them the ball all the time, kindof like he did with Pau Gasol here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3O94yv4vc

1 possession =/= all game. For stretches maybe but not on a consistent basis. Blake griffin doesnt have a good wingspan or a good offensive game, someone like zbo will destroy lebron

pauk
12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
1 possession =/= all game. For stretches maybe but not on a consistent basis. Blake griffin doesnt have a good wingspan or a good offensive game, someone like zbo will destroy lebron

Enough with the excuses, defensively only Pippen & Rodman were as versatile as Lebron.... they have that ability as unlike anybody else they have proven it over and over when they had to, thats the point...

red1
12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Enough with the excuses, defensively only Pippen & Rodman were as versatile as Lebron.... they have that ability as unlike anybody else they have proven it over and over when they had to, thats the point...
Only a pauk would believe that lebron can guard centres. Rodman >>> lebron as a defender

Himan12
12-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I think its a stretch to say he can guard centers, especially the bigger and/or more physical guys at that position. Duncan, hibbert, m.gasol ect....

Heavincent
12-01-2013, 07:48 PM

Aren't you the dude who swore that Kobe would never win without Shaq?

:oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
12-01-2013, 07:54 PM

Do us a favor and walk into traffic, f,ag boy

branslowski
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Do us a favor and walk into traffic, f,ag boy

SilkkTheShocker
12-01-2013, 07:57 PM

Seriously. Does he even actually debate or argue anything? He doesn't know s.hit about the game of basketball. Just a whiny little b.itch

RoundMoundOfReb
12-01-2013, 07:58 PM
In a good center era he definitely can't but which center today is gonna abuse him?

STATUTORY
12-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Seriously. Does he even actually debate or argue anything? He doesn't know s.hit about the game of basketball. Just a whiny little b.itch

also suspect him to be a 30 year old anime fan pretending to be a 15 year old teen on a basketball forum

dudes got issues

SilkkTheShocker
12-01-2013, 08:05 PM
also suspect him to be a 30 year old anime fan pretending to be a 15 year old teen on a basketball forum

dudes got issues

No friends, anime fan, and a flaming h.omo

DAT LIFE :oldlol:

Magic 32
12-01-2013, 08:13 PM
I would actually agree with most of this

http://i.imgur.com/7pgy3Qc.gif

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 08:18 PM
In a good center era he definitely can't but which center today is gonna abuse him?
Any good center? Seriously think about it. I can name 10-15

SilkkTheShocker
12-01-2013, 08:19 PM

That's just how many white blood cells you have left.

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 08:22 PM
I mean how do I debate this? Anyone that watches basketball should be able to tell. LBJ is a very versatile defender, but he can't guard 5s

RoundMoundOfReb
12-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Dwight/Lopez 1-on-1 yes. who else name 10-15.

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Dwight
Lopez
Horford
Hibbert
Duncan
Pekovic
Vucevic
Bynum
Cousins
Gasol
Gasol
I'd also argue that Drummond would murder him on the boards, so he wouldn't able to guard him effectively.

branslowski
12-01-2013, 08:29 PM

Post like this is why I often block out my girl talkin my ear off and cruise ISH when I'm high:roll: :roll:

Leave Jameer alone doe:oldlol:

branslowski
12-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Dwight
Lopez
Horford
Hibbert
Duncan
Pekovic
Vucevic
Bynum
Cousins
Gasol
Gasol
I'd also argue that Drummond would murder him on the boards, so he wouldn't able to guard him effectively.

Also Jameers right about this. I've seen David west also bully LeBron on the boards. Look, any rational fan can tell you LeBron can't consistently guard the 5, but that isn't a knock on him, so what he can't defend Centers on a consistant level, he's still great.

Himan12
12-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Dwight/Lopez 1-on-1 yes. who else name 10-15.

I'll give this a shot.

hibbert
m.gasol
duncan
drummond
monroe
bynum
valanciunas
bogut
cousins
horford

These guys wouldn't all necessarily destroy james but they'd all give him a hard time whether its through their length, explosiveness or sheer size or combination of those.

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I like how I post my opinion not even trolling or anything and I get relentlessly flamed. We'll see if Jeff thinks Silkk posts were funny too.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I'll give this a shot.

hibbert
m.gasol
duncan
drummond
monroe
bynum
valanciunas
bogut
cousins
horford

These guys wouldn't all necessarily destroy james but they'd all give him a hard time whether its through their length, explosiveness or sheer size or combination.
I'm not saying he would lock those guys up but I seriously doubt they would do WAY better than their season averages.

Noob Saibot
12-01-2013, 08:41 PM

case closed

Dictator
12-01-2013, 08:41 PM
I had forgot why I stopped reading the nba forum, Silkk just reminded me why.

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm not saying he would lock those guys up but I seriously doubt they would do WAY better than their season averages.
it would be enough for the Heat to want to switch him off because it's not effective.

Himan12
12-01-2013, 08:46 PM

They would kill him on the boards and just back him down on the other end for an easy 2. And if he fronts them like he did gasol, he will be exhausted before half time.

Don't get me wrong lbj is phenomenal talent and one of the greatests ever to play the game. But he just can't hang at the 5, thats where the real monsters of size and power are at. Just my 2 cents.

Heavincent
12-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Lebron can absolutely guard Dwight. Howard only has like 1, maybe two inches on him and he's not a very good offensive player anyway.

qrich
12-01-2013, 08:55 PM

6'8, 260 > 6'10 250

Man, I wish Blake would get shut down every game if the meaning of shut down is 27/14 on 11-15 from the field and 4-5 from the line.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488943

AintNoSunshine
12-01-2013, 09:00 PM

I have done seen it all. Thats like saying Lebron is a better ft shooter,its a blatant lie

Jameerthefear
12-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Man, I wish Blake would get shut down every game if the meaning of shut down is 27/14 on 11-15 from the field and 4-5 from the line.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488943
They just straight up make shit up. :lol

STATUTORY
12-01-2013, 09:04 PM
I have done seen it all. Thats like saying Lebron is a better ft shooter,its a blatant lie

real talk, Bron basically ended careers of guys like Shaq, Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and turned Wade into a supporting player

meanwhile Kobe made sure guys like Farmar, Vujacic, Trevor Ariza maximized their talent

Making your teammates better isn't about compiling assists

FiveRings
12-01-2013, 09:07 PM
We all know how hard it is to shut down the offensive beast that is Dwight Howard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfgZX92cKg Lebron is truly the most versatile defender ever. Not only can he guard Dwight at times, but Tiago Splitter too!

moe94
12-01-2013, 09:09 PM
real talk, Bron basically ended careers of guys like Shaq, Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and turned Wade into a supporting player

meanwhile Kobe made sure guys like Farmar, Vujacic, Trevor Ariza maximized their talent

Shaq was finished and a shell of himself. He wasn't even Shaq. Of course that's LeBron's fault.

Hughes was always hot garbage and Mo Williams literally owes his allstar appearance to LeBron.

Wade has taken less shots but his efficiency has risen. He's playing with other competent players. It happens.

Gasol peaked, statistically, with Memphis. I guess Kobe ruined him. What about? Nash? Clearly Kobe's fault. Howard? Forget about it. Goes from a monster to a laughing stock. Again, Kobe's problem.

Your argument is nonexistent and juvenile.

Heavincent
12-01-2013, 09:11 PM
LOL at anybody who thinks Kobe doesn't make his teammates better. Despite all of the talk of him being a selfish ball hog chucker, his teammates always seem to put up career best numbers playing with him. Pau Gasol still got as many shot attempts as he did in Memphis, not to mention guys like Odom, Bynum, and Ariza. Kobe actually gives the ball to his big men on the block where they want it rather than spamming the pick and roll to pad his assist numbers.

SpecialQue
12-01-2013, 09:22 PM

I'm so glad I clicked on this shitty troll thread now. :roll:

Doctor Rivers
12-01-2013, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=SavageMode]Can Kobe guard all 5 positions? ahaha no :roll:

Lebron 13-6 vs Kobe. :roll:
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lebron-james-block-stuffs-tiago-splitter1-570x314.jpeg

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50f96a8decad045026000012/a-perfectly-timed-photo-of-lebron-james-dunking-on-the-lakers.jpg

[CODE]
Regular Season
Glossary

AintNoSunshine
12-01-2013, 09:48 PM

Compared to guys like Malone, Payton etc. Kobe has single-handedly prevented Malone from winning a championship with his legendary chucking. :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
12-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Compared to guys like Malone, Payton etc. Kobe has single-handedly prevented Malone from winning a championship with his legendary chucking. :roll:

He has a point though. Making your teammates better isn't all about assist totals. Shaq had the ability to make people better without dishing out assist.

Mo Williamas & Hughes all had their best year before coming to play with Lebron, Wade was still "Wade" in 2011 an playing at an elite level as well as Lebron, they made it to the finals in which Lebron looked lost trying to play off ball and not being the focal point of the offense.

Lebron absolutely maximizes what you can get out of primarily spot up shooters, Lebrons game creates open looks for shooters, he's great at that. But is less effective when playing with another ball dominant player, since his off ball game isn't as elite as the rest of his game