PDA

View Full Version : J. Cole - TKO Verse (Control Response)

JerrySteakhouse
12-02-2013, 09:32 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gbSMdqOlY

[Verse 1: J. Cole]
Blood thicker than water, right
**** bitches, they all alike
Stand up *****, not the falling type
Heart blacker than a Harlem night
Til I met you, they say the devil wear Prada
But I doubt it cause the Lord did bless you
Damn look at that body
Short bus shorty, cause it sure is special
Cole to the rescue, never save a ho
Hoes like to hide their behavior though
Thought you was a down ass bitch
'til I found that shit a couple days ago
I was home alone, next thing I know
That long ass verse from a song called "Control" was on
The room got nearer, the tune got clearer
That's when I seen the shit playing on your phone
Girl, what is that, a ringtone
Shit, not you too
Man that hype done got you too
Everybody and their momma gassed
Even my momma asked what I'mma do
Decisions, decisions
In case this is war, then I load up on all ammunition
If a ***** want problems, my trigger's on auto
I'll make sure that nobody miss him
Now pack up your shit, you don't believe in me
I don't need you, I got me, bitch
Same ***** moved to NYC, bitch
Got a record deal and a college degree, bitch
Two gold plaques, I produced all the tracks
And I never ever ever lean on Jay-Z, bitch
And after all that achievement
Real ***** never even went and got his teeth fixed
Now you try to play me, bitch?
You try to ****in' play me? I ought to knock your ass out

Needs to be posted again..

ace23
12-02-2013, 09:45 PM
So late.

JerrySteakhouse
12-02-2013, 09:54 PM
So late.
I posted it two days ago too :applause:

Fudge
12-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Gonna be da GOAT when it's all said and done.

G-Funk
12-02-2013, 10:06 PM
:oldlol: I got love for Cole, but that will never happen

TylerOO
12-02-2013, 10:11 PM
He aint like 4 years late on this or anything

ace23
12-02-2013, 10:23 PM
I posted it two days ago too :applause:
I meant him, not you.

Draz
12-02-2013, 10:34 PM
He did kill it. Like the first 4 verses the best.

Fudge
12-02-2013, 11:10 PM
:oldlol: I got love for Cole, but that will never happen
It will bruh, don't believe me just watch.

JerrySteakhouse
12-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm sure he had the verse prepared for a while tho...

PleezeBelieve
12-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Jay-A > J.Cole

Jameerthefear
12-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Jay-A > J.Cole
your music sucks.

Wavves
12-03-2013, 02:04 AM
Not that good of a verse. Cole can spit but eh.

Fresh Kid
12-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Not impressed.

Wavves
12-03-2013, 02:30 AM
Do people really believe J. Cole is the best in the game currently? His album wasn't anything special.

TylerOO
12-03-2013, 02:48 AM
Do people really believe J. Cole is the best in the game currently? His album wasn't anything special.

Nah no one actually believes that shit

unbreakable
12-03-2013, 03:42 AM
why does he use the rhyme scheme from versace? dude wishes he was drake smh

Wavves
12-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Nah no one actually believes that shit

Thank god.

G-Funk
12-03-2013, 05:26 AM
It will bruh, don't believe me just watch.

HES NOT BETTER THAN CURRENT KENDRICK AND WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS NAS, EM, BIG, OR PAC.

East_Stone_Ya
12-03-2013, 06:15 AM
that shit is nothing special........next

KobesFinger
12-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Just like Kendrick's Control verse, this was nothing special. ASAP had the better verse IMO.

CeltsGarlic
12-03-2013, 07:37 AM
meh, its fun, but nothing that would make u appreciate it.

Just2McFly
12-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Not that good of a verse. Cole can spit but eh.
What is a good verse in your opinion?

-----------

Also, Born Sinner was easily better than 90% of the albums this year. Drake/Kanye/ASAP/Jay/Big Sean/Wale/ Mac Miller/etc... all fell short to me.

Fudge
12-03-2013, 10:41 AM

-----------

Also, Born Sinner was easily better than 90% of the albums this year. Drake/Kanye/ASAP/Jay/Big Sean/Wale/ Mac Miller/etc... all fell short to me.
Preach brother, preach.

These ol' Tyler The Creator-listening asses in this thread. :oldlol:

Just2McFly
12-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Preach brother, preach.

These ol' Tyler The Creator-listening asses in this thread. :oldlol:
I just don't get it to be honest. Name a better rap single in 2013 than Power Trip? That song is a certified classic by any means.

I got the deluxe version and I only dislike three or so songs OUT OF 22.

I know I'm a Cole fan but I can admit his faults. I did not like the opening track, the Let Nas Down and Sparks Fly one.

But N*ggaz Know is just too nice. That's pure rap, a song that Tyler wish he could make tbh.

Jailblazers7
12-03-2013, 11:08 AM

-----------

I disagree about Mac's album. I thought it was way better the Born Sinner. It is definitely a little weird and experimental but that is generally how I like my rap albums these days. Mac had a lot more to say on that album than I was expecting and the production was great.

Didn't really listen to the other albums tho except Drake in the car or at a party.

Fudge
12-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I just don't get it to be honest. Name a better rap single in 2013 than Power Trip? That song is a certified classic by any means.
Werd. He was actually lyrically GREAT on that song. People brush it off like it was some typical mainstream hip hop love song, which isn't the case...at all.

CeltsGarlic
12-03-2013, 11:33 AM

what the hell you mean "better"? For me Freeze Dried by Riff Raff is better..
not mentioning "fvckin problems" etc..

Wavves
12-03-2013, 11:45 AM

-----------

Please don't be pretentious just because you listen to J. Cole. If that's what your trying to do. I like J. Cole, don't listen to him regularly, but I follow what he does.

The TKO Verse was a 'good' verse, just wasn't anything special at all. I didn't mean to come off as it was bad or anything.

tmacattack33
12-03-2013, 11:55 AM

His album wasn't anything special, this is correct.

But that was due to mediocre production and the fact that many songs on it were similar in content.

We've seen what Cole can do on Friday Night Lights and the Warm Up and Come Up. It's not like that talent can just disappear.

Fudge
12-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Because he's ****ing J. Cole. Who could pull that shit off and make it sound even better than Drake? Only Jermaine.

ace23
12-03-2013, 12:04 PM
He used the flow for two bars.

OhNoTimNoSho
12-03-2013, 02:24 PM
There more chance of him actually turning into a goat

Fudge
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
There more chance of him actually turning into a goat
J. GOAT

GOBB
12-03-2013, 03:37 PM
I dont see the big deal with J.Cole. I listen to his material. He's not bad but he's not as good as people make him out to be. J Cole drops a song and folks act like the second coming of Nas reached us. I listen, and I'm not in awe. I'm not floored. :confusedshrug:

Toss in Wale. He's to me is a try hard. Meaning he spits stuff with the intention of going over your heard. But he goes way over your heard. Trying too hard to go over someones head and the end result is me saying...you're corny bro.

Not sure if Wale has a fan base here but he has a good enough following. These two rappers I simply cant get into. I actually downloaded Cole album. Havent listened to it more than twice. I dont know. Just doesnt appeal to me much.

Budadiiii
12-03-2013, 03:41 PM
What Kendrick did was very smart.

Dude getting credit for "raising the bar" for the rap game.

LOL - guy is mad corny, contrived, ugly, etc... but he is winning.

I could hop on a track right now and rap circles around Kendrick, but I choose not to...

Always liked Cole more, Kendrick is a lame outcast. Who wants to chill with this guy? N*gga has that height/big ear complex. No one wants to be around that shit. He tries too hard. Cole is smooth and I appreciate that.

KingBeasley08
12-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Cole is a good rapper but Kendrick >>>>>>>

Cole hasn't put out an album as good as his mixtapes yet while Kendrick is getting better every year.

GKMC >>>>>> Section 80>>> Overly Dedicated

That kind of improvement by a rapper is :bowdown: Can't wait to see what he puts out next

G-Funk
12-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I was rooting for Cole, He was saying all the right shiit in interviews. His mind is right but his talent is not on par. It's like he thinks or tries too much,he should just let it come to him and losen up a bit.

G-Funk
12-03-2013, 05:40 PM
BTW I can't wait for that colab with Kendrick, it's gonna be off the chain.

TheReal Kendall
12-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Cole is a good rapper but Kendrick >>>>>>>

Cole hasn't put out an album as good as his mixtapes yet while Kendrick is getting better every year.

GKMC >>>>>> Section 80>>> Overly Dedicated

That kind of improvement by a rapper is :bowdown: Can't wait to see what he puts out next

Idk man.

I'm a fan of both and I feel like Cole's Warm up and Friday night lights mixtapes was better than Kendrick's and Cole's album this year but that's just my opinion.

Section 80 was good but I still got Friday Night Lights and The warm up over it.

Bosnian Sajo
12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I disagree about Mac's album. I thought it was way better the Born Sinner. It is definitely a little weird and experimental but that is generally how I like my rap albums these days. Mac had a lot more to say on that album than I was expecting and the production was great.

Didn't really listen to the other albums tho except Drake in the car or at a party.

Mac's album was fantastic, one of the best in 2013 imo.

Just2McFly
12-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Please don't be pretentious just because you listen to J. Cole. If that's what your trying to do. I like J. Cole, don't listen to him regularly, but I follow what he does.

The TKO Verse was a 'good' verse, just wasn't anything special at all. I didn't mean to come off as it was bad or anything.
I'm not being pretentious, I just asked for an explanation. We all judge verses differently which why I asked. Don't be so defensive next time.

imnew09
12-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Too short. w/e

Wavves
12-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm not being pretentious, I just asked for an explanation. We all judge verses differently which why I asked. Don't be so defensive next time.
I wasn't getting defensive? :oldlol: You listed a bunch of mainstream rappers as if you were acting like you were superior because you listen to J. Cole, coming off as a dude who thinks he's better because the music he listens to isn't just about money and drugs ect. You said you weren't and I believe you, you just came off that way.

BrooklynZoo
12-05-2013, 12:51 AM
this sounds more like a response to a girl than a response to kendrick. the only "response" was when he went into drake mode

BrooklynZoo
12-05-2013, 12:58 AM
I dont see the big deal with J.Cole. I listen to his material. He's not bad but he's not as good as people make him out to be. J Cole drops a song and folks act like the second coming of Nas reached us. I listen, and I'm not in awe. I'm not floored. :confusedshrug:

Toss in Wale. He's to me is a try hard. Meaning he spits stuff with the intention of going over your heard. But he goes way over your heard. Trying too hard to go over someones head and the end result is me saying...you're corny bro.

Not sure if Wale has a fan base here but he has a good enough following. These two rappers I simply cant get into. I actually downloaded Cole album. Havent listened to it more than twice. I dont know. Just doesnt appeal to me much.

agree on both fronts, though I do like Cole. People these days just aren't used to hearing anything lyrical so he gets hyped up a bit.

And as far as Wale, this dude tries so hard to sound philosophical you end up wondering wtf he jus said, when it probably was just something simple

JerrySteakhouse
12-05-2013, 07:48 PM
J. Cole is mad underrated. Most people don't understand his music, like did you know Power Trip has a double meaning? It isn't just about a girl... And Lights Please? It isn't just about *****ing a girl... When I listen to his music I know where he throws his parallels and its fire...

Power Trip is incredibly underrated. He made a radio hit, flash backed his whole career and what he did to get where he is now and so many people think it is just about a girl... His music video took it even further when he used the storyline in parallel to another reference...

His music is deep, but the average listener doesn't realize it...

longhornfan1234
12-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Kendrick > J. cole

ace23
12-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Kendrick > J. cole
Grass is green.

Budadiiii
12-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Grass is green.
http://thedensityproject.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/brown-grass.jpg