PDA

View Full Version : Denver Nuggets at Brooklyn Nets 12/3 7:30 Game Thread

niko
12-03-2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/nuggets/sites/nuggets/files/imagecache/slider_image/content/images-topstory/2013/12/shaw_kidd_2002_670.jpg
The Denver Nuggets have put their 0-3 start to the season in the rear view mirror and are in the fast lane to success.

Since dropping their first three games out of the gate, the Nuggets are 10-3 and riding a six-game winning streak. They opened a six-game eastern journey with Sunday's 112-98 victory at Toronto and were led by Nate Robinson's 23 points off the bench. Reserves Timofey Mozgov and Darrell Arthur scored 16 and 14 points, respectively, and Mozgov brought down 15 rebounds.

"Well it's been huge," Denver coach Brian Shaw said of his bench. "One thing about our team is that we don't have a superstar and with the exception of Ty Lawson, we never know one night to the next what we're gonna get from each individual player."

The Nuggets had a 72-16 advantage in bench points, while Lawson scored 16 points and top forward Kenneth Faried added 12 and 12 rebounds in a winning effort. Denver has won three in a row on the road, is 4-4 outside of the Rocky Mountains and will also visit Cleveland, Boston, Philadelphia and Washington in its trip through the east.

Denver sank 10-of-23 from beyond the arc and has made eight-or-more 3-pointers in eight straight games to extend the longest streak in franchise history. Robinson finished 5-of-8 from downtown against the Raptors and hit consecutive 3-pointers in the fourth quarter to give the Nuggets a comfortable lead. He has scored at least 10 points in seven straight games.

The Nuggets are averaging 104.9 points per game, but are allowing almost that many on defense (102.6).

Brooklyn will hobble into Tuesday's home test with Denver and ended a two-game slide the last time out in Saturday's 97-88 victory at Memphis. Brook Lopez, in his second game since returning from an ankle injury, scored 12 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter and added nine rebounds.

Joe Johnson and Andray Blatche finished with 26 and 21 points, respectively, for the Nets, who made 9-of-18 3-pointers and shot 46.6 percent. A 16-4 run in the fourth quarter put the Grizzlies away for good.

"I just wanted to come out and be aggressive on both ends of the floor and bring that energy and effort that coach said we didn't have last night," said Johnson, who made 9-of-15 shots and is averaging 20.8 points in his last five games.

The Nets, who rebounded from a 19-point loss against the Rockets on Friday, are still without forward Andrei Kirilenko (back), point guard Deron Williams (ankle) and guard Jason Terry (knee). Tyshawn Taylor made his first start of the season against the Grizzlies in place of Williams and will have a tough task matching up with Lawson.

Paul Pierce did not play at Memphis and will miss two to four weeks because of a fractured finger on his right hand. Pierce was hurt during the first half at Houston and tests revealed a non-displaced fracture of the middle finger on the right hand. He is averaging 12.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 15 games.

Brooklyn will also host New York on its quick homestand, has lost four straight as the host and owns a 2-4 mark at Barclays Center.

The Nets and Nuggets will play twice this season and are scheduled to meet at the Pepsi Center on Feb. 27. They split a pair of matchups a season ago, but Denver has won six of eight in the series.

Denver, though, has lost nine of 12 and 17 of its last 21 at the Nets.

Notes from Niko
Injuries: Deron, AK47, Terry, Pierce OUT for Nets.
Gallo OUT for Nuggets. Faried GTD expected to play.

Nate said some interesting things in an interview, one that he was unfairly targeted by officials for technical fouls (which is funny considering he basically never shuts up at them from the opening tip off till he leaves the court). The other thing was about depth and how they use it, which is a good look at both teams. The Nuggets, they use depth in waves. First five, second five. Steady rotation with players having set roles.

The Nets, they use depth like a shark uses teeth, one falls out, replace that one with the other four. Mix and match, ten different sets of five players even within a game.

Anderson is starting in Pierce's absence. I'd start Teletovic personally. There is clearly something we don't see about him (like with Brooks) because even when he plays well, he's pushed behind the other guys.

Lopez looked good coming back. He is so far and away the Nets best player it's not even close. If he goes down you might as well prepare for next season.

Last 3 Nets coaches records:
Avery 60-116
P.J. 35-19
Kidd 5-12

It's jewish heritage night so expect Bagelred and Amare in the audience.

Play ball. Nuggets are rolling, and the last few teams which ran have beat the crap out of the Nets, so this is a very good test if the Nets are back at all playing decently or the wins were one-offs. (Note: I don't think a loss is a bad sign, i think a 30 point loss is a bad sign.)

hawkfan
12-03-2013, 03:52 PM
It's jewish heritage night so expect Bagelred and Amare in the audience.

Play ball.

Ok.

kamil
12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
I predict a blowout, Nuggets win by 24 points.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Agreed. Bad match up for Brooklyn.

niko
12-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Agreed. Bad match up for Brooklyn.
Brooklyn is old and slow if there best players are on the floor. That's not changing. If they are going to lose to every team that pushes the tempo, they are going to win 30 games. I get they are shorthanded but at some point that needs to change.

tpols
12-03-2013, 04:05 PM
With Denver's speed and shooting they will run BK off the floor. I expect something similar to the houston game.. BK is one of the worst teams in the league at closing out on shooters. Easy money if youre into betting.

NugzFan
12-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Last year the nuggets were awful in games like this it seemed. Everyone saying it would be a blowout. Then we would either lose or barely win.

Hope this new team and shaws preparation has the nuggets ready. I fear it'll be a 3-4 point game with a few min left.

hawkfan
12-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Brooklyn is old and slow.

That's why the Nets should trade Pierce for Gay.

niko
12-03-2013, 04:38 PM
That's why the Nets should trade Pierce for Gay.
Then you have to trade Garnett, because he's going to go into the tank. He only came because it was with Pierce.

And sometimes you just need to say things out loud...
"We will become much better if we get Rudy Gay".

Does that sound right?

tpols
12-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Then you have to trade Garnett, because he's going to go into the tank. He only came because it was with Pierce.

Does that sound right?
lol

if only someone could get it through his head to be a pippen like player and concentrate on what makes him good, his defense.

No more trades though.. Nets are already in a huge hole. No more bandaids. Let it blow up by next year and build from scratch. This Russian owner thinks he can just buy everything quick with his money like everything else in his life but it doesnt work like that

niko
12-03-2013, 04:50 PM
lol

if only someone could get it through his head to be a pippen like player and concentrate on what makes him good, his defense.

No more trades though.. Nets are already in a huge hole. No more bandaids. Let it blow up by next year and build from scratch. This Russian owner thinks he can just buy everything quick with his money like everything else in his life but it doesnt work like that
A Gay trade is very Knick like. (That's a funny sentence.) It's taking a non title winning team, adding a player that doesn't help or fit with a much longer salary so the problem extends 3 years instead of 1.

Next year is interesting, let's say you have some success where you'd want Garnett to be here. If you trade Pierce, he's going to need to retire (medically) all of a sudden. So you are almost blackmailed into another year of Pierce. I guess 1 year, same salary?

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Luckily the Nets are at home but this is a game that we're likely to lose by double digits. Just have to look forward to Thursday. It'll be nice if it can be a close game to get the crowd involved at least but the Nets are 0-5 against the top 10 teams in pace this season.

bagelred
12-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Knicks vs. Nets! Let's do this!

What? Wilson Chandler, Mozgov, Randolph, Robinson, Gallinari, light blue uniforms......

Knickets vs. Nets! Better?

hawkfan
12-03-2013, 08:44 PM

Does that sound right?

Are Pierce and Garnett the new Mobley and Francis?

NuggetsFan
12-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Nuggets got this.

hawkfan
12-03-2013, 08:50 PM

Does that sound right?

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where forever happens amazingly):

Raptors get

Joe Johnson

Nets get

Rudy Gay
Steve Novak

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where forever happens amazingly):

Raptors get

Joe Johnson

Nets get

Rudy Gay
Steve Novak

Nope, Joe is overpaid but hes still the clutchest player in the league. And Rudy and Novak just suck.

NuggetsFan
12-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Mozgod doing work.

andremiller07
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Mozgod doing work.
He's a lot better than McGee at a fraction of the cost

NuggetsFan
12-03-2013, 09:03 PM
He's a lot better than McGee at a fraction of the cost

Doesn't have the upside tho. McGee has those games where he just dominates the glass, blocks everything, throwing down dunks etc. Toss up when your going to get that or the stupidity tho.

I'd rather have Mozzy and move McGee and that contract. Solid play + decent contract + way less mistakes for the win.

kurple
12-03-2013, 09:10 PM
best case would be to dump mcgee, but he can still be usefull for 15-20mpg. ignoring how much money he makes

kurple
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
cant wait for gallo to get back. and i really like arthur! perfect backup PF

bagelred
12-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Nets only down 3? :wtf: It's already the 2nd quarter This is odd.

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Nets defense not very good right now. At least they are in the game but they are allowing too much interior points.

Ai2death
12-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Nets only down 3? :wtf: It's already the 2nd quarter This is odd.

Nah it's not, Nets fall apart in the 3rd.

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Brook goes up so ****ing soft.. Geez man.. Grow a pair..

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Nets are not rebounding nor are they playing interior defense. Brook needs to grow a pair and start being tougher than a price of paper.

Ai2death
12-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Have the Nets bench been outplaying their starters this season?

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Have the Nets bench been outplaying their starters this season?

Minutes-wise, yes because the Nets have had so many injuries. Production wise? No.

hawkfan
12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Nope, Joe is overpaid but hes still the clutchest player in the league. And Rudy and Novak just suck.

Joe is the clutchest player in the league?

Better than LeBron or Kobe?

What about Rudy Gay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB13stsS50U

niko
12-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Why so much Toko and not Teletovic?

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Brook you are literally the softest piece of shit.

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Brook you are literally the softest piece of shit.

Notice how when you posted that they scored? Just sayin last time you tried positivity we won.

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Why so much Toko and not Teletovic?

teletovic injured his hand

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks commentators for pointing out how soft brook is too. That last layup was beyond inexplicable. Should've been a four point deficit yet a 8 point hole.

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 10:12 PM
So the Nets are going to allow Foye to look like Curry out there. Geez, this defense is just beyond unbearable.

bagelred
12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Mozgod > Brook NO pez

Oh, and by the way.......:lol

Fudge
12-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Da Netzzz

bagelred
12-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Lawrence Frank is rolling over in his grave.

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Mozgod > Brook NO pez

Oh, and by the way.......:lol

Knicks :lol

HomieWeMajor
12-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Whats the difference between the Brooklyn Nets and Jason Kidd's fists ?

He couldn't beat his wife with the Nets

bagelred
12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooklyn.

:lol :lol

NuggetsFan
12-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Both these New York teams suck.

It's A VC3!!!
Good job crowd. Boo these pieces of shit out the arena. Losing because we're getting out-talented is fine. Losing because we're constantly getting out-worked is inexplicable. Nets suck.

kurple
arthurs midrange jumper is money

team will be better than last year if gallo comes back as the player he was

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooklyn.

:lol :lol

KnicksTape :lol In all seriousness, thats the gayest nick name ive ever heard.

Ai2death
12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
3rd quarter, I called it

fpliii
12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
SMH

NugzFan
12-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Wow - what an answer by Denver. Brooklyn got within 4 and we bump it to 24 in like 5 minutes?!

NugzFan
12-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Here's a problem - In garbage time we still have to play regulars. Our team is too deep.

Wish we had Erick green right now to get pt in the 4th.

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Since you Nuggets fans are here...

Brooklyn Gets:
Kenneth Faried
Javale McGee
Knicks 2014 pick

Nuggets Get:
Brook Lopez
New York Basketballs dignity

bagelred
12-03-2013, 10:36 PM
You know what Denver? The return policy on the Melo trade has a 5 year warranty.

We'll take Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Mozgov, and our #1 pick back now. Here's Melo. You're Welcome. :cheers:

NugzFan
12-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Brooklyn Gets:
Kenneth Faried
Javale McGee
Knicks 2014 pick

Nuggets Get:
Brook Lopez

Yes! Let's get it done!!

NugzFan
12-03-2013, 10:38 PM
You know what Denver? The return policy on the Melo trade has a 5 year warranty.

We'll take Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Mozgov, and our #1 pick back now. Here's Melo. You're Welcome. :cheers:

Gotta be some sort of re stocking fee

bluechox2
12-03-2013, 10:38 PM

Brooklyn Gets:
Kenneth Faried
Javale McGee
Knicks 2014 pick

Nuggets Get:
Brook Lopez

they cant trade that pick cus its part of another deal with orlando, magic gets the less desirable pick of the ny and denver 2014 picks

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
they cant trade that pick cus its part of another deal with orlando, magic gets the less desirable pick of the ny and denver 2014 picks

I doubt that effects their ability to trade it. But hell, the NBA trade rules are so complicated you cant really know anyway.

kurple
12-03-2013, 10:45 PM
mozgov :bowdown: mvp

bluechox2
12-03-2013, 10:45 PM
dayam mazgov

bagelred
12-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Gotta be some sort of re stocking fee

Good point. We'll throw in a 2nd round pick. (Top 55 protected). You're welcome.

NugzFan
12-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Good point. We'll throw in a 2nd round pick. (Top 55 protected). You're welcome.

Deal. Thanks.

niko
12-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Gallo and Chandler are on long term deals and almost always hurt. You act like they've been tearing it up the whole time they've been on Denver. Is Denver throwing in the good players, the ones actually playing?

Ai2death
12-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Gallo and Chandler are on long term deals and almost always hurt. You act like they've been tearing it up the whole time they've been on Denver. Is Denver throwing in the good players, the ones actually playing?

You act like Carmello isn't the most hated player on this board haha

NuggetsFan
12-03-2013, 10:55 PM

Gallo has been huge in Denver when healthy, we were winless until Chandler came back weren't we? Mosgov, Andre Miller and Jordan Hamilton came from trading Felton I'm pretty sure, Dre for sure anyways. '14 pick, '16 pick.

Trade setup Denver.

Ai2death
12-03-2013, 10:57 PM
The work of Mozgod, going to ground to get steals, battling for rebounds :bowdown:

To4
12-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Boring Ass Game..

hawkfan
12-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Time to trade away Garnett (to Sacramento for Marcus Thornton and Jimmer Fredette) and Pierce (to Toronto for Rudy Gay).

niko
12-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Gallo has been huge in Denver when healthy, we were winless until Chandler came back weren't we? Mosgov, Andre Miller and Jordan Hamilton came from trading Felton I'm pretty sure. '14 pick, '16 pick.

Trade setup Denver.
I don't want Gallo and Chandler back with Amare as the Knick core. We would have signed him like you did, and he'd be out injured. He's ALWAYS out injured. I'd rather have Melo, or the cap space. You wouldn't and you'd be right, but this same Knick core with Amare (hurt), Gallo (often hurt) and Chandler (often hurt) works how?

The Nuggets are closer to a title than i can dream to be, but you're nowhere near a title. If you took the lesser pieces of your team (not Lawson, etc. - and mind you if Gallo wasn't coming off a torn ACL i'd rank him higher) and sent them to the Knicks in place of Melo, we'd be better?

bagelred
12-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Tina Fey Mazel Tov! :bowdown: 20 rebounds! :bowdown:

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2013, 11:01 PM
"I think Billy King should be the NBA's Exec of the Year. He helped build a contender in Portland, and it looks like he saved the Celtics" - Bill Simmons

Dude is totally right.

NuggetsFan
12-03-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't want Gallo and Chandler back with Amare as the Knick core. We would have signed him like you did, and he'd be out injured. He's ALWAYS out injured. I'd rather have Melo, or the cap space. You wouldn't and you'd be right, but this same Knick core with Amare (hurt), Gallo (often hurt) and Chandler (often hurt) works how?

The Nuggets are closer to a title than i can dream to be, but you're nowhere near a title. If you took the lesser pieces of your team (not Lawson, etc. - and mind you if Gallo wasn't coming off a torn ACL i'd rank him higher) and sent them to the Knicks in place of Melo, we'd be better?

I think NY could be potentially better off without making that trade. Who knows where Melo jets to next. As it stands right now your in cap hell, have no draft picks, and no young players besides Shump. Your ride could be over, only thing that keeps your hanging on is your terrible conference.

Denver might be nowhere near a title but atleast we have some hope. Gallo will eventually come back, we have two NY picks that could end pretty good esp that '16 swap.

In hindsight if I'm a Knicks fan I turn that deal down and as a Nuggets fan I still do it and do so with a smile on my face. Just my opinion.

NugzFan
12-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Man, how awesome of a fit would Marcus smart be on this team?

NuggetsFan
12-03-2013, 11:15 PM

Would be awesome. Longshot, but awesome.

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 11:16 PM

Nah Joel Embiid. Watch his highlights against Iona. Just stunning. They guy runs like a wing, has a post game, a jumper, blocks shots and rebounds.

niko
12-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I think NY could be potentially better off without making that trade. Who knows where Melo jets to next. As it stands right now your in cap hell, have no draft picks, and no young players besides Shump. Your ride could be over, only thing that keeps your hanging on is your terrible conference.

Denver might be nowhere near a title but atleast we have some hope. Gallo will eventually come back, we have two NY picks that could end pretty good esp that '16 swap.

In hindsight if I'm a Knicks fan I turn that deal down and as a Nuggets fan I still do it and do so with a smile on my face. Just my opinion.
We have every player off the cap in the next two years. We don't have cap hell. I don't think we are in a better place than Denver. But I don't want Gallo back. He's the worst kind of player, he's potential you count on that never will be because he's going to break. Like Sanders used to be on the Colts. He makes you so much better so you wait. Him and Amare is a horrid match. For you, he's fine because of your depth.

You know all the borderline east teams except the Knicks and Nets at some point are going to be tanking and we are creeping into the playoffs, right? On a normal year, we'd be ****ed but half the teams ahead of us don't want to be ahead of us.

TyLawson3
12-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Such a fantastic game. Nuggets playing like we're used to. I was getting worried when the season started.

kamil
12-03-2013, 11:40 PM

27pt game blowout, I wasn't far off.

NuggetsFan
12-04-2013, 12:04 AM
You know all the borderline east teams except the Knicks and Nets at some point are going to be tanking and we are creeping into the playoffs, right? On a normal year, we'd be ****ed but half the teams ahead of us don't want to be ahead of us.

Yeah. Anything in the lottery this year would be lucky and a longshot. It's the '16 swap I'll be looking forward too.

no pun intended
12-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Mozgov trying to impress the Russian billionaire

niko
12-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Mozgov trying to impress the Russian billionaire
He doesn't like Prokorov, when the Knicks signed him he basically said something along the lines of "why would i go to the Nets? Just because he's Russian?"

bdreason
12-04-2013, 03:30 AM
So at what point do the Nets decided to blow it up?

Where will KG and Pierce end up next? :oldlol:

bdreason
12-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Who has the Nets 1st round pick this year?

iTare
12-04-2013, 03:33 AM
So at what point do the Nets decided to blow it up?

Where will KG and Pierce end up next? :oldlol:
HOF

kurple
12-04-2013, 08:27 AM
dont be so sure about that

RoundMoundOfReb
12-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Who has the Nets 1st round pick this year?
Atlanta.

niko
12-04-2013, 08:39 AM
dont be so sure about that
No, i'm quite sure a bunch of teams ahead of us are going to start losing on purpose. Sorry it doesn't fit your worldview.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I hope the Knicks/Nets get it together. We better not win the division.