PDA

View Full Version : Team USA Starting 5

scm5
12-03-2013, 05:21 PM
What would be the best starting 5 for Team USA considering international play and current players?

I'm talking fit for the team, not just throwing the best players you can together.

I think:

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Anthony Davis

NLZ
12-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
LeBron
Love

would destroy your team

Genaro
12-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't know who still in but I guess Wade, Howard and Kobe aren't coming to Rio 2016 so I would say:
CP3
George
Durant
Lebron
Howard

Bench: Westbrook, Curry, Harden, Carmelo, Love, Griffin, Davis

Leaving LMA, Wall, Beal, Klay and Lillard out seems wrong but don't have spots for everybody.

kamil
12-03-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't know who still in but I guess Wade, Howard and Kobe aren't coming to Rio 2016 so I would say:
CP3
George
Durant
Lebron
Howard

Leaving LMA, Wall, Beal, Klay and Lillard out seems wrong but don't have spots for everybody.

Dwight Howrd to start on Team USA?

I wouldnt even want that guy as a reserve.

scm5
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
LeBron
Love

would destroy your team

I don't even think your team would take my team with NBA rules. The pieces don't fit well together.

You've got 3 ball dominant players in Westbrook, Harden, and Lebron.

You're also missing any kind of interior defensive presence.

On my team, every single player plays well off the ball.

RagaZ
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
LeBron
Love

would destroy your team
Isnt that the same team that Spain without Rubio only lost to by single-digits in the final?

scm5
12-03-2013, 05:32 PM
CP3
George
Durant
Lebron
Howard

I like George at the SG position, but Klay would be so money with the shorter 3 point line and playing with players like Durant/Lebron.

Also, the reason I didn't include CP3 is because he's too ball dominant. You don't need a true PG when you've got Lebron on your team. Curry can shoot, play off the ball, and can play point to relieve Lebron whenever he needs it.

Genaro
12-03-2013, 05:33 PM

I wouldnt even want that guy as a reserve.
You need a big body to protect the paint and guard those 7 fts. He won't be needed in the offensive unless for dunks.

scm5
12-03-2013, 05:34 PM
You need a big body to protect the paint and guard those 7 fts. He won't be needed in the offensive unless for dunks.

I think Davis is more than adequate for this.

Jlamb47
12-03-2013, 05:35 PM
by 2016
i would say

Westbrook
Harden
George
Durant
Davis

Reserve: Love, Griffin. Irving, Wall, Cousins, Thomas, Wiggins, Parker

Genaro
12-03-2013, 05:37 PM
I like George at the SG position, but Klay would be so money with the shorter 3 point line and playing with players like Durant/Lebron.

Also, the reason I didn't include CP3 is because he's too ball dominant. You don't a true PG when you've got Lebron on your team. Curry can shoot, play off the ball, and can play point to relieve Lebron whenever he needs it.
CP3 is the best, USA took the best they had last 2 Olympics, I guess they would do it again.
As for Klay, USA can out score anyone they don't need him in the starting 5 and George can make 3's.

And I did put both on my bench.

kamil
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM

Shit, I forgot Joakim Noah wouldnt play for Team USA as he's part of team France. For defense, I'd take him, EASILY. If not, then Roy Hibbert. I can't stand dwight, for his salary and hype, he's a scrub. I'd rather have a better defender like Hibber than have Dwight be mediocre at both ends.

alenleomessi
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Wall/Curry
Harden/Thompson/Beal
George/Parker
Durant/Griffin/Randle
Davis/Drummond

something like this would be nice for the 2014 WC

scm5
12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
by 2016
i would say

Westbrook
Harden
George
Durant
Davis

Reserve: Love, Griffin. Irving, Wall, Cousins, Thomas, Wiggins, Parker

I couldn't even guess who it would be by then.

Wiggins and Parker could both not live up to the hype or both out perform Durant/Lebron/George.

RagaZ
12-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Wall/Curry
Harden/Thompson/Beal
George/Parker
Durant/Griffin/Randle
Davis/Drummond

something like this would be nice for the 2014 WC
U.S doesnt take that tournament seriously.

I think they need a better team if they want to beat Spain IN Spain.

scm5
12-03-2013, 05:46 PM
CP3 is the best, USA took the best they had last 2 Olympics, I guess they would do it again.
As for Klay, USA can out score anyone they don't need him in the starting 5 and George can make 3's.

And I did put both on my bench.

No doubt CP3 is the best PG. I think there are players better fitted to be playing alongside Lebron.

I also realize that Team USA would be able to outscore anyone, but Klay is on another level of consistency when it comes to shooting the 3. He's also generally an off-ball player which fits in well with the team.

Imagine how easy the game would be with the floor wide open for Lebron... you've got arguably the two best shooters in the league along the perimeter, not to mention Durant.

PizzamanIRL
12-03-2013, 06:04 PM
What's with people putting non USA players on Team USA?

kamil
12-03-2013, 06:14 PM
What's with people putting non USA players on Team USA?

They're American. They don't know that there's a world beyond their borders. Forgive them for their ignorance.

2LeTTeRS
12-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Shit, I forgot Joakim Noah wouldnt play for Team USA as he's part of team France. For defense, I'd take him, EASILY. If not, then Roy Hibbert. I can't stand dwight, for his salary and hype, he's a scrub. I'd rather have a better defender like Hibber than have Dwight be mediocre at both ends.

Hibbert can't play for us; right now he's only eligible for Jamaica.

inclinerator
12-03-2013, 06:26 PM
durant and lebron is a must,
the 3 was almost like a layup for durant out there

JimmyMcAdocious
12-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Spanoulis
Jordan
Wiggins
Durant
LeBron

kamil
12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Hibbert can't play for us; right now he's only eligible for Jamaica.

He's got dual citizenship though at least, born in USA. Though I'd much rather play for an underdog than a country thats... you know, privileged.

NLZ
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
lol @ people listing Wiggins

russwest0
12-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Westbrook
Curry
George
Durant
Hibbert

Genaro
12-03-2013, 07:42 PM
No doubt CP3 is the best PG. I think there are players better fitted to be playing alongside Lebron.

I also realize that Team USA would be able to outscore anyone, but Klay is on another level of consistency when it comes to shooting the 3. He's also generally an off-ball player which fits in well with the team.

Imagine how easy the game would be with the floor wide open for Lebron... you've got arguably the two best shooters in the league along the perimeter, not to mention Durant.
It's not about Lebron, it's about put the best team on the court. USA would win the Olympics even without Lebron.

InspiredLebowski
12-03-2013, 07:42 PM
He's got dual citizenship though at least, born in USA. Though I'd much rather play for an underdog than a country thats... you know, privileged.He played for Team Jamaica though, that's the problem. They're trying to work it out, and Jamaica's cool with it, but it doesn't look likely with FIBA's rules.

scm5
12-03-2013, 08:08 PM
It's not about Lebron, it's about put the best team on the court. USA would win the Olympics even without Lebron.

They would not be as good without Lebron. Lebron is easily the best player in the world so I'm building the team around him.

The JKidd Kid
12-03-2013, 08:23 PM
CP3
George
Durant
Lebron
Howard

Switch Dwight and Davis and George and Curry and you have my list.

Nick Young
12-03-2013, 08:44 PM
CP3-PG
Durant-SG
Lebron-SF
Carmelo-PF
Anthony Davis-C

TOO DOMINANT

DOnt forget, to Melo and Durant, FIBA threes are easy as layups

avonbarksdale
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
CP3-PG
Durant-SG
Lebron-SF
Carmelo-PF
Anthony Davis-C

TOO DOMINANT

DOnt forget, to Melo and Durant, FIBA threes are easy as layups

perfect

melo is a must to be a starter for FIBA

Bobby13
12-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Pretty sure Lebron is done with international ball

Paul/Curry
Westbrook/Harden
George/Melo
Durant/Love
Monroe/Davis

Bimbo Coles
12-07-2013, 11:04 PM
CP3
George
Durant
Lebron
Howard

Leaving LMA, Wall, Beal, Klay and Lillard out seems wrong but don't have spots for everybody. That's the best five you can put on the court. My bench punch would be Harden, Curry, Anthony, Davis... and Horford (if only he were American).

I wouldnt even want that guy as a reserve. Nah, what could you possibly do with his career 58% FG (60% playoffs!) + 12.9 boards a game (14.1 playoffs!).

yobore
12-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Also, the reason I didn't include CP3 is because he's too ball dominant

Not in international play he's not. He's a great fit with any stacked team and has played his role to perfection in both previous Olympics, being aggressive only when they get out of rhythm. Plus Team USA likes to do full court press which he is great at.

VIntageNOvel
12-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Wiggin
Parker
Randle
Davis
Drummond

play big :no: