PDA

View Full Version : Trending: Annoying Mispronunciation of Words in Songs

MadeFromDust
12-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm driving home flipping through stations earlier when I heard this song I first thought was Kelly Clarkson called, "Unconditionally". I finally found out it was Katy Perry but that doesn't even matter.

What I'm peeved about is the mispronunciation of the primary words in the song, i.e.

un-con-di-TION'-al or un-CON-di-tion-al-ly
It's supposed to be

un-con-DI'-tion-al

I can't think of any others at the moment because short-term memory, but I know it's not the first recent song. Does anyone have other examples that come to mind? Seems to be more white female solo artists ivr.

My question is, when did it become acceptable/hip/trendy/etc. for singers to grossly mispronounce words in songs of late? It's just retarded. Why don't they make the tunes fit the proper words and not the other way around? Does that requite too much brain power for them? :facepalm

highwhey
12-03-2013, 08:03 PM
You remind me of the bridesmaid I was paired with at my buddies wedding, I fůcking hated her
She lashed out at mee a couple times in front of everyone:

"it's marr'I'sa! not marresa!"

Dumb b!tch with her mississippian accent, I'm mexican. She's fortunate I can even speak english.

red1
12-03-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm driving home flipping through stations earlier when I heard this song I first thought was Kelly Clarkson called, "Unconditionally". I finally found out it was Katy Perry but that doesn't even matter.

What I'm peeved about is the mispronunciation of the primary words in the song, i.e.

un-con-di-TION'-al or un-CON-di-tion-al-ly
It's supposed to be

un-con-DI'-tion-al

I can't think of any others at the moment because short-term memory, but I know it's not the first recent song. Does anyone have other examples that come to mind? Seems to be more white female solo artists ivr.

My question is, when did it become acceptable/hip/trendy/etc. for singers to grossly mispronounce words in songs of late? It's just retarded. Why don't they make the tunes fit the proper words and not the other way around? Does that requite too much brain power for them? :facepalm
chill bro

red1
12-03-2013, 08:07 PM
You remind me of the bridesmaid I was paired with at my buddies wedding, I fůcking hated her

Dumb b!tch with her mississippian accent, I'm mexican. She's fortunate I can even speak english.
:oldlol:

MadeFromDust
12-04-2013, 01:28 AM

I hope her voice haunts you in yur dreams tonight, chui

Dammmm can't think of any more songs yet

There's Selena's song, "Come and Get It" but she really doesn't mispronounce words in that song as much as she emphasizes and de-emphasizes the words in an unusual way.

MadeFromDust
12-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Heard another example today...

Gas Pedal by Sage the Gemini --__--

And another one by Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or both...Teenage Dream or some shiite. It's just an unnatural flow of the language

"YOU. MAKE. ME. <pause> feel-LIKE-I'm-LIVING-a. <pause> TEEN. AGE. DREAM..."

Where the heck does she get that kind of pronunciation from? Who talks like that? feel-LIKE-i'm-LIVING-a WTH? Stop butchering my language already /smh :rolleyes -_-

tmacattack33
12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
You must hate eminem and the way he bends words to get them to rhyme.

ace23
12-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Pretty sure the thread is satire. Either that or OP is retarded. You have to stress the wrong syllables on words to make the lyrics flow right sometimes.

MadeFromDust
12-05-2013, 04:17 AM
You must hate eminem and the way he bends words to get them to rhyme.
No that's different. He puts thought into both words, beats, and riffs.

But the shiite these people are doing nowadays is just plain retarted. It's like they get one person to write the words and say, Here's the words you gonna use. And then another one comes in and says, Here, use this beat. And then they just throw the words on top of the song and melodies and it comes out like cr@p. They have to contract partial sentences into words and place pauses in awkward places and of course emphasize the wrong syllables just to get it to fit. That's how children do things. How about going the extra mile and writing the words and melodies together so they fit perfect? Use some fsck.n brain power on this please. It's your profession. :facepalm

Myth
12-05-2013, 05:24 AM
What about hip-hop and rap songs that end words with vowel sounds that aren't the actual pronunciation?

I imagine most rappers at the end of a phrase would pronounce the word that annoys the OP as "uncondition-o" to make it rhyme with another word.

chips93
12-05-2013, 06:45 AM
I imagine most rappers at the end of a phrase would pronounce the word that annoys the OP as "uncondition-o" to make it rhyme with another word.

thats the sign of a terrible rapper though

MadeFromDust
12-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Heard another one today...

Lynyrd Skynyrd: "Simple Man"; Last verse: "Fol-LOW' your heart,"

ayyayayyy Kids these days :rolleyes:

chosen_one6
12-05-2013, 07:31 PM
And I thought I was an*l about the english language...my goodness.

Myth
12-05-2013, 08:07 PM
thats the sign of a terrible rapper though

So... a majority of mainstream rappers.