PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is the best point guard in the NBA

Nick Young
12-04-2013, 08:20 AM
He is proving it this season again. Can't believe how underrated Tony Parker is. I don't understand how CP3 who always flops out of the playoffs early gets ranked ahead of the point guard with a Finals MVP who is probably the best decision maker in the league, and now that he has a consistent midrange shot, is virtually unguardable.

What has CP3 or any other point guard accomplished to be ranked ahead of him?

#number6ix#
12-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Tony Parker is a beast but I don't think he's better than Paul... I'm sure if Paul was playing with spurs he would accomplish similar things

SilkkTheShocker
12-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Parker and CP3 both get an absurd amount of passes whenever they come up short. Parker especially.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Paul has never "flopped" in the post-season. He's never really lost a series I thought his team should've definitely won.

TheMilkyBarKid
12-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Parker is great but no doubt benefits from playing for the spurs, give me Paul if I've got the choice in a draft.

Nick Young
12-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Paul has never "flopped" in the post-season. He's never really lost a series I thought his team should've definitely won.
He lost at home by 58 in the playoffs doe.

Paul is more ball dominant and flashier.

Parker is the better scorer, decision maker and defender and winner.

longhornfan1234
12-04-2013, 01:19 PM
He lost at home by 58 in the playoffs doe.

Paul is more ball dominant and flashier.

Parker is the better scorer, decision maker and defender and winner.
:roll: :roll:

scm5
12-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Stephen Curry is better than Tony Parker is this season, my opinion of course.

Young X
12-04-2013, 01:31 PM
This bullsh!t about Paul in the playoffs needs to stop, he averages 21/9.5/5/2 in the playoffs with the 6th highest playoff PER of all time.

The only reason why Parker's teams have been more successful is because instead of playing with David West and Vinny Del Negro he plays with Duncan/Manu/Pop who are all more important than him. That doesn't mean he's better, it means he's LUCKIER.

Parker wouldn't even make the playoffs with Paul's NO teams. One dimensional system PG.

Haymaker
12-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Parker is the best scoring PG, bar none. But CP3 is the best playmaker in years. His IQ is off the charts.

DMAVS41
12-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Parker and CP3 both get an absurd amount of passes whenever they come up short. Parker especially.

This is definitely true with Parker.

CP3, Westbrook, and Curry are all as good or better than Parker.

SacJB Shady
12-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Stephen Curry is better than Tony Parker is this season, my opinion of course.

He has more talent than Parker. Parker is lucky to be in the system he's in though.

ninephive
12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
This bullsh!t about Paul in the playoffs needs to stop, he averages 21/9.5/5/2 in the playoffs with the 6th highest playoff PER of all time.

The only reason why Parker's teams have been more successful is because instead of playing with David West and Vinny Del Negro he plays with Duncan/Manu/Pop who are all more important than him. That doesn't mean he's better, it means he's LUCKIER.

Parker wouldn't even make the playoffs with Paul's NO teams. One dimensional system PG.
We've known it for a while, but now you're just getting out of hand. My advice to you: watch some Spurs games.

ninephive
12-04-2013, 03:07 PM
All that I can say as a Spurs fan is this: I don't want to see KD in the playoffs, I don't want to see Kobe in the playoffs, I don't want to see Dirk in the playoffs, I don't want to see Lebron in the playoffs. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CHRIS PAUL LED TEAM MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE PLAYOFFS. I remember that one game where the Clips were up by like 25 and Parker and Duncan were just laughing on the bench before coming back to embarrass the Clips on their home court on their way to a yawner sweep. A Chris Paul led team is a dream for a Spurs fan.

Nero Tulip
12-04-2013, 03:07 PM
It's not a matter of opinion, it's been proven many times Parker > Paul.

Parker doesn't give a shit about the regular season. Come playoff time, he'll be toying with Paul like he's always done.

I just don't know what people who think Paul is the best have been watching. It's just hype.

cos88
12-04-2013, 03:08 PM
where does nick young rank? :roll:

bukowski81
12-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Parker is a 28th pick who has been a key piece in winning 3 championships, its not that he gets passes, its that he greatly surpassed expectations, he wasnt supposed to be the "chosen one"

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Sixth-highest PER in the playoffs without playing a single meaningful playoff game in his entire career. When Paul actually leads his team into a meaningful, competitive playoff series and wins, you can call him the #1 PG in the league. Right now WB and Parker are both better than him.

red1
12-04-2013, 03:57 PM
he is top 3 but I would still take paul or westbrook over him

fpliii
12-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Eh, no. CP3 is miles better. One of the most underrated players on this forum. I'll take Westbrook too.

(sorta) OT - IMO Duncan still needs to be SA's best player for them to contend.

Don't get me wrong, I like Parker and enjoy watching him play, but I think the player he's painted as is a bit off from reality.

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 04:17 PM
But CP3 is the best playmaker in years. His IQ is off the charts.
I agree on this section. CP3 is highly overrated especially since he never experience a conference final game in his career, but his playmaking, heart and IQ has won people over through the years as being the best since 2008. Another reason why people overrate him is because his potential is damn well amazing, and him being in the west makes it even more tougher for him. He can do it,its just that he have to try better, and his teammates especially blake have to try extremely hard.

Parker is a great point guard who have proven himself with 3 titles and being 1-time finals mvp in 2007. He's just not the best point guard overall and especially not this season, theres better overall point guards then him thus far, but dont worry spurs fans tony is not that far from taking that spot.

russwest0
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
How is CP3 a better playmaker than Rajon Rondo.

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 05:00 PM
How is CP3 a better playmaker than Rajon Rondo.
he is, just imagine if CP3 had a big three besides him on his team? How better would he be? Rondo is good but he definitely had a lot of help.

russwest0
12-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Use the watchable boxscores they have now, CP3 gets gifted like 4-5 assists every game from the stat keepers

Victoire
12-06-2013, 04:55 PM
I cant stand that "parker is good because of spurs' system".

If Parker was playing for another team, he would get at least 2 or 3 more assist per game and his PPG would be much higher. It is BECAUSE he is in spurs' system, a system that encourages extra pass and "teamplay", that Parker is not putting way better stats.

Parker > Paul and has been for ages.

Pacquiao
12-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Who is Parker playing again ? 39 year old Duncan and 37 year old Ginobili?

Chris Paul is an overated piece of Sh!t. He ballhogs every possession to pad up his assist.

Chris Paul will get knock the F U C K out again in the first round again but will people will rank him the best PG even if he gets blown out in the first round because some of his fans are getting their orgasm to the maximum level thinking about Chris Paul Stats.

TheGreatDeraj
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
The way I see it is Chris Paul has much more talent, but Tony Parker is more skilled and maximizes his talent.

I guess another way of saying it would be Chris Paul playing at his absolute peak is better than Tony Parker at his absolute peak.

Chris Paul doesn't maximize his talent; among other things he plays on ball way too much and doesn't look to score when he has a clear match up advantage despite Paul having some of the best handles in the league and being a very good scorer.

RoseCity07
12-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Let's be real. Tony Parker is great. A HOF player for sure. Chris Paul has never had the talent that Parker has with the Spurs. Tim Duncan and Manu are HOF players. Blake Griffin, while hyped as a superstar, is simply not anywhere near Tim Duncan. Manu in his prime is one of the clutchest performers I've ever seen. Tony Parker couldn't make any of these Clipper teams into champions.

So it isn't some giant gap between Parker and Chris Paul.

Victoire
12-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Let's be real. Tony Parker is great. A HOF player for sure. Chris Paul has never had the talent that Parker has with the Spurs. Tim Duncan and Manu are HOF players. Blake Griffin, while hyped as a superstar, is simply not anywhere near Tim Duncan. Manu in his prime is one of the clutchest performers I've ever seen. Tony Parker couldn't make any of these Clipper teams into champions.

So it isn't some giant gap between Parker and Chris Paul.

We dont know that. It is pure speculation. TP's stats would be way higher if Duncan and Manu werent there. Had he been in another team, he would still be a HOFer but also probably an undisputed superstar as well.

russwest0
12-07-2013, 03:41 PM
This Just In:

Water Is Wet

RoundMoundOfReb
12-07-2013, 03:44 PM
This Just In:

Water Is Wet
So he's better than Westbrook?

russwest0
12-07-2013, 03:45 PM
So he's better than Westbrook?

1A. Westbrook
1B. Parker
3. Curry
4. Paul
5. Lillard

RoundMoundOfReb
12-07-2013, 03:45 PM
1A. Westbrook
1B. Parker
3. Curry
4. Paul
5. Lillard
So water isn't wet?

russwest0
12-07-2013, 03:51 PM
So water isn't wet?

Lay off the weed

Sakkreth
12-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Lol gtfo with ur westbrick.

It's

1. TP/Paul
3.Curry

russwest0
12-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Who was the best PG in the playoffs in 2011

In 2012?

Pro tip:

Westbrook
Parker
Curry

Paul is a career loser. Don't know why he doesn't get the Melo hate. He's a flopping clown as well.

joeyjoejoe
12-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Paul
Curry
Parker/westbrook

Deal with it

Element
12-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Who was the best PG in the playoffs in 2011

In 2012?

Pro tip:

Westbrook
Parker
Curry

Paul is a career loser. Don't know why he doesn't get the Melo hate. He's a flopping clown as well.

Rondo

Pacquiao
12-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Tony Parker schooling CP3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJseIHTMHaI

jdm_dc_fan
12-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Rondo/Parker > CP3 when it matters

CP3 > Rondo/Parker for marketing.

Thread/

Young X
12-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Parker hasn't even been the best player on his own team besides this season :oldlol: how are you gonna compare his teams' success to a guy who's carrying 2 terrible franchises on his back every season by himself?

What does Parker do better than CP?

Let's see - he's luckier, plays with better teammates/coaches, oh yeah he's also luckier ...can't think of anything else.

:oldlol:

Pacquiao
12-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Parker hasn't even been the best player on his own team besides this season :oldlol: how are you gonna compare his teams' success to a guy who's carrying 2 terrible franchises on his back every season by himself?

What does Parker do better than CP?

Let's see - he's luckier, plays with better teammates/coaches, oh yeah he's also luckier ...can't think of anything else.

:oldlol:

He already had a decent supporting cast with the Clippers last year. He played with Chandler and David West with NOH. Parker is playing with 38 year old Duncan and Ginobili and still carrying this team around.

Parker has been the best player of the Spurs since Duncan's minutes were down for the last several years.. Besides this season? You're dumb and you don't know WTF you are talking about.

Cp3 will get busted in the first round again.

Young X
12-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Parker wouldn't even make the playoffs with Paul's Hornet teams, he wouldn't have Duncan/Pop/Manu to bail him out after putting up Brandon Jennings type numbers in the playoffs every year. :oldlol:

The only thing he has over Paul is LUCK.

Pacquiao
12-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Parker wouldn't even make the playoffs with Paul's Hornet teams, he wouldn't have Duncan/Pop/Manu to bail him out after putting up Brandon Jennings type numbers in the playoffs every year. :oldlol:

Some people pretend to forgot he was the Best player and FMVP last time they won a chip.

You're all fantasy and imagination. What if, could have, might have..:lol

HarryCallahan
12-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Eh, no. CP3 is miles better. One of the most underrated players on this forum. I'll take Westbrook too.

(sorta) OT - IMO Duncan still needs to be SA's best player for them to contend.

Don't get me wrong, I like Parker and enjoy watching him play, but I think the player he's painted as is a bit off from reality.

I can't stand all the people that d*ck-ride you, when you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

30Billion year old Duncan needs to be the Spurs best player for them to contend??? They have a better roster than last year, where they were incredibly unlucky not to have beaten the heat, they're contenders whether you like it or not.

Who was there best player last year? The season before? Who got FMVP last time the Spurs won the championship?

PARKER! That's who.

Young X
12-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Some people pretend to forgot he was the Best player and FMVP last time they won a chip.

You're all fantasy and imagination. What if, could have, might have..:lolNo he wasn't DUNCAN was. The same Duncan that was miles better than any player CP has ever played with. Parker's just luckier that's it.

STATUTORY
12-07-2013, 08:34 PM
No he wasn't DUNCAN was. The same Duncan that was miles better than any player CP has ever played with. Parker's just luckier that's it.
:roll: Duncan last year was best player on the Spurs?! Duncan last year was a comparable player to Blake Griffin, people really need to watch the games and not go by what they remembered about the player from 10 years ago.

Parker absolutely scorched Paul when they met up, he's every bit as good as Paul is all aspect of the game. Chris Paul is the most overrated player in the league right now, no one else would get a pass for losing by 58 in their ****ing prime on thier homecourt

Young X
12-07-2013, 08:40 PM
:roll: Duncan last year was best player on the Spurs?! Duncan last year was a comparable player to Blake Griffin, people really need to watch the games and not go by what they remembered about the player from 10 years ago.Yes he was. Nothing Parker does eclipses the impact Duncan has defensively and rebounding wise. Duncan was the most impactful player on the Spurs last year by any measure other than PPG. He's also far better than any player Paul has played with, Pop is also better than VDN, etc.

Victoire
12-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes he was. Nothing Parker does eclipses the impact Duncan has defensively and rebounding wise. Duncan was the most impactful player on the Spurs last year by any measure other than PPG. He's also far better than any player Paul has played with, Pop is also better than VDN, etc.

Basically, you are saying that any decent big man is more important than any PG. It is a total non-sense.

TP is spurs' best player since 2008. It is undisputed.

christian1923
12-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Parker is better. Guy is unstoppable in the playoffs.

I'm tired of hearing about CP3's teams anymore, he chose to stay on the clippers, he could have left. No more excuses. He's gotta start winning in the playoffs.

ThePhantomCreep
01-28-2014, 03:21 PM
According to ISH

Tim Duncan > Hakeem, Shaq, all-time. I've even seen posters rank him over Bird and Magic.

Prime Manu > Prime Tmac, Carter, Ray Ray, Iverson

Now we have Parker > CP3.

GTOH. Put any combination of those players together for an 11-year stretch and they dominate the league without breaking a sweat. They don't lose to Memphis in the first round either. Amazing how overrated Spurs players are.

TMT
01-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Parker has been fairly inconsistent this season. Definitely his worst compared to the past couple years. I wouldn't label him the best point guard in the league at all.

Top 5, yeah.

T_L_P
01-28-2014, 03:43 PM

I'd say Duncan > Parker last season, but overall you're right.

BoutPractice
01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
According to ISH

Tim Duncan > Hakeem, Shaq, all-time. I've even seen posters rank him over Bird and Magic.

GTOH.

What? ISH underrates the hell out of Spurs players, Duncan especially. A lot of them put him below Kobe, some even have KG higher than him!

T_L_P
01-28-2014, 04:31 PM
What? ISH underrates the hell out of Spurs players, Duncan especially. A lot of them put him below Kobe, some even have KG higher than him!

Not to mention none of them (Duncan, Parker, Manu) peaked at the same time, or really were in their primes at the same time.

Duncan's peak was '01-'03: in those years Parker and Manu were effectively nobody's in the league.

Manu's peak was '05-'06: Duncan had plantar fasciitis at that time and Parker was still not a great, great player

Parker's peak was around '08-'09: Duncan's play was declining, as was Manu's.

Now, if you had an '03 Duncan, '05 Manu, and '08 Parker at the same time, nobody would stop them...or you could just have an '03 Duncan and rookie Parker/Manu,

ThePhantomCreep
01-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Not to mention none of them (Duncan, Parker, Manu) peaked at the same time, or really were in their primes at the same time.

Duncan's peak was '01-'03: in those years Parker and Manu were effectively nobody's in the league.

Manu's peak was '05-'06: Duncan had plantar fasciitis at that time and Parker was still not a great, great player

Parker's peak was around '08-'09: Duncan's play was declining, as was Manu's.

Now, if you had an '03 Duncan, '05 Manu, and '08 Parker at the same time, nobody would stop them...or you could just have an '03 Duncan and rookie Parker/Manu,

Give 26-year Olajuwon a 20-year old CP3 and a 25-year McGrady and tell him "you got these guys for the next 11-12 years". Just a hunch, but I bet they come back with more than three titles and four finals appearance. FFS, Kobe got 3 finals appearances from Gasol/Odom.

T_L_P
01-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Give 26-year Olajuwon a 20-year old CP3 and a 25-year McGrady and tell him "you got these guys for the next 11-12 years". Just a hunch, but I bet they come back with more than three titles and four finals appearance. FFS, Kobe got 3 finals appearances from Gasol/Odom.

Oh, I didn't realize we were playing the hypothetical game, where we compare a 25-year-old T-Mac, who was better than any version of Tony or Manu, and a 20-year-old Chris Paul, who was in his own right a great player, to other, proven players.

Hakeem only got 1 ring with a slightly past his prime Drexler (still better than Parker or Manu), and then he didn't do anything with Clyde and a still very, very good Charles Barkley.

And 2009/10 Pau > any version of Parker or Manu

r0drig0lac
01-28-2014, 05:45 PM
According to ISH

GTOH. Put any combination of those players together for an 11-year stretch and they dominate the league without breaking a sweat. They don't lose to Memphis in the first round either. Amazing how overrated Spurs players are.the last two seasons, tony parker was the best guard in the league, you want to or not

ThePhantomCreep
01-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Oh, I didn't realize we were playing the hypothetical game, where we compare a 25-year-old T-Mac, who was better than any version of Tony or Manu, and a 20-year-old Chris Paul, who was in his own right a great player, to other, proven players.

Hakeem only got 1 ring with a slightly past his prime Drexler (still better than Parker or Manu), and then he didn't do anything with Clyde and a still very, very good Charles Barkley.

And 2009/10 Pau > any version of Parker or Manu
The hypothetical isn't important. The overrating of TD/Parker/Gino is.

Many around these parts would take prime Manu over prime Tmac. I've read the threads, and I'm reading this one, where Tony Parker > CP3.

Those are bold statements, I don't care when they peaked.

Hakeem never lost when his team was favored either. 1987 was the only arguable one, and his team was a coked-out mess by then. He lost to great teams from 1996-1998, not the 2011 Memphis Grizzlies.

SillyRabbit
01-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Parker is the best scoring PG, bar none. But CP3 is the best playmaker in years. His IQ is off the charts.

Westbrook is a MUCH better scorer than Parker.

Curry is too.

SilkkTheShocker
01-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Parker is better. Guy is unstoppable in the playoffs.

I'm tired of hearing about CP3's teams anymore, he chose to stay on the clippers, he could have left. No more excuses. He's gotta start winning in the playoffs.

He got shutdown by LeBron hard in Game 6 and 7 of the Finals.

navy
01-28-2014, 06:19 PM
He's not.

joeyjoejoe
01-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Not even sure if Parker is too 5 pg this season, had a lot of luck in his career great teammates and coach simple

Boarder Patrol
01-28-2014, 06:35 PM
He got shutdown by LeBron hard in Game 6 and 7 of the Finals.

He was injured. Grade 2 hamstring sprain if I'm not mistaken.

navy
01-28-2014, 06:37 PM
He was injured. Grade 2 hamstring sprain if I'm not mistaken.
He was only injured when Lebron was guarding him. Seriously he was moving fine and burning Chalmers and Cole even in the games he was injured in (Game 6 and 7).

tomtucker
01-28-2014, 06:51 PM
hates how he drives to the basket then falls down every time under the hoop, trying to get the foul call as well as the points

Audio One
01-28-2014, 07:35 PM

In '08 blew a 2-0 lead, and a 3-2 lead vs San Antonio

ThePhantomCreep
01-28-2014, 08:12 PM
In '08 blew a 2-0 lead, and a 3-2 lead vs San Antonio
Spurs were the defending champions?

:confusedshrug:

Why doesn't the Spurs 2011 flameout ever come back to bite SA's big 3 in the butt? Thats a pretty exclusive club they're in losing to an 8th seed.

T_L_P
01-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Spurs were the defending champions?

:confusedshrug:

Why doesn't the Spurs 2011 flameout ever come back to bite SA's big 3 in the butt? Thats a pretty exclusive club they're in losing to an 8th seed.

You got a real bug up your ass about the Spurs, don't you?

Like all of your 10 posts consist of bashing Parker/Duncan/Manu and singing to high heavens about a guy who got knocked out of the First Round more times than he got passed it

TheMilkyBarKid
01-28-2014, 09:17 PM
He was only injured when Lebron was guarding him. Seriously he was moving fine and burning Chalmers and Cole even in the games he was injured in (Game 6 and 7).
This, flashbacks of d-rose in 2011 ecf

oarabbus
01-28-2014, 09:20 PM

This isn't true, but OK

Lebron23
01-28-2014, 09:22 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2012/images/02/03/chris-paul.jpg