PDA

View Full Version : Will future NBA stars want to be 'Like Lebron?'

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:25 PM
The great figures in basketball history, like MJ, Kobe and Dirk, have had an enormous influence on the sport of basketball. Kobe inherited MJ's arsenal and topped it off with his own great repertoire. Players like George, Iggy, and Afflalo have mirrored their games after Kobe. Stars like Durant and David West have also paid homage to Dirk's one-legged step back.

Besides accolades, what lasting influence does Lebron have on the game of basketball? Is Lebron a transient basketball figure, someone whose influence is only short-term and fails to register for future generations? Can he influence basketball like MJ, Kobe, Dirk, and Wilt have done? What actual legacy does Lebron have for the sport of basketball?

leMVP
12-04-2013, 04:28 PM
The great figures in basketball history, like MJ, Kobe and Dirk, have had an enormous influence on the sport of basketball. Kobe inherited MJ's arsenal and topped it off with his own great repertoire. Players like George, Iggy, and Afflalo have mirrored their games after Kobe. Stars like Durant and David West have also paid homage to Dirk's one-legged step back.

Besides accolades, what lasting influence does Lebron have on the game of basketball? Is Lebron a transient basketball figure, someone whose influence is only short-term and fails to register for future generations? Can he influence basketball like MJ, Kobe, Dirk, and Wilt have done? What actual legacy does Lebron have for the sport of basketball?

:applause:

Soon to be GOAT, that's his influence.

kamil
12-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I dont think any future player is going to model their's after one of basketball's ugliest games. Seriously, LeBron*'s game is really ugly.

Guys should strive to have the killer instincts of Michael Jordan or Reggie Miller, the passing abilities of Magic, the incredible jump shot of Larry Bird or Ray Allen and the footwork and postmoves of Hakeem.

EveryManALion
12-04-2013, 04:33 PM
:applause:

Soon to be GOAT, that's his influence.

MJ was marketed perfectly in the 90's. As good as Lebron is and looked up to by our youth I don't think there will be another marketing beast as big as MJ for awhile.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I dont think any future player is going to model their's after one of basketball's ugliest games. Seriously, LeBron*'s game is really ugly.

Guys should strive to have the killer instincts of Michael Jordan or Reggie Miller, the passing abilities of Magic, the incredible jump shot of Larry Bird or Ray Allen and the footwork and postmoves of Hakeem.

But I thought Lebron was the GOAT apparent? So you're saying the GOAT apparent has no actual influence on how future generations revolutionize the great sport that is basketball? Now I have no idea how Lebron can be called the GOAT.

Byobob
12-04-2013, 04:34 PM

I believe Durant is emulating Lebron's game. Read an article before somewhere that he hired someone to analyze Lebron's performance each game, IIRC.

And to be fair, it would not be easy to emulate Lebron's game since it requires an absurd amount of athleticism combined with a big frame and excellent court vision.

kamil
12-04-2013, 04:35 PM
But I thought Lebron was the GOAT apparent? So you're saying the GOAT apparent has no actual influence on how future generations revolutionize the great sport that is basketball? Now I have no idea how Lebron can be called the GOAT.

LeBron* is not and will never be the GOAT.

PERIOD.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:36 PM
MJ was marketed perfectly in the 90's. As good as Lebron is and looked up to by our youth I don't think there will be another marketing beast as big as MJ for awhile.

Yes, kids love Lebron. They love John Cena too. But have either of those guys had tangible, lasting influences on the way basketball is played? Which NBA stars want to mimic how Lebron plays?

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:38 PM
I believe Durant is emulating Lebron's game. Read an article before somewhere that he hired someone to analyze Lebron's performance each game, IIRC.

And to be fair, it would not be easy to emulate Lebron's game since it requires an absurd amount of athleticism combined with a big frame and excellent court vision.

Durant has said he wants to be more efficient. Is Lebron the only player in NBA history who has played an efficient game? What aspect of basketball does Lebron solely possess, that others would seek to replicate? Still haven't gotten any answers.

tommy3
12-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Players don't want to be dominant and efficient, they want to be flashy and shoot loads of fadeaways.

Levity
i can see a lot of todays youth shaping their games around curry and irving. mainly, flashy ball handling and very improved outside shooting.

im not a fan of wannabe and1 moves during pick up games and reffed games, but im pretty sure thats the direction the youth of today is heading.

theaussieguy
why would anyone try to model their game after someone who is one of the greatest physical specimens ever to play professional sport? Lebron's game is lebron's game largely because of his physical gifts. What exactly are people going to try to replicate? his rebounding? his assists?

The thing is lebron does lots of things at a high level, there isnt't one area he is master of unlike kobe with the footwork etc. He is skilled but he doesn't have a totally skill based game aka paul pierce. His effectiveness comes from doing all the little things. So I guess as long as kids are trying to be the best and most versatile bball players they can be (which everyone inherently does anyway), you could say that yea players are modelling their game after lebron......

Marchesk
12-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Lebron just doesn't have Kobe's aesthetic appeal.

Le Shaqtus
LeBron is this generations MJ now.

People want to be like Mike, people want to be like Kobe, now it's time for people to be like LeBron, and while he will never be GOAT he's still one of best players in the history of the game and highly influential in the sport.

Levity
. What exactly are people going to try to replicate?

that crab dribble

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:42 PM
why would anyone try to model their game after someone who is one of the greatest physical specimens ever to play professional sport? Lebron's game is lebron's game largely because of his physical gifts. What exactly are people going to try to replicate? his rebounding? his assists?

The thing is lebron does lots of things at a high level, there isnt't one area he is master of unlike kobe with the footwork etc. He is skilled but he doesn't have a totally skill based game aka paul pierce. His effectiveness comes from doing all the little things. So I guess as long as kids are trying to be the best and most versatile bball players they can be (which everyone inherently does anyway), you could say that yea players are modelling their game after lebron......

So without his athleticism, there is only a small portion of his game that may have a lasting influence on the game of basketball? Little things? The GOAT apparent is the master of doing little things? :facepalm

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:44 PM

People want to be like Mike, people want to be like Kobe, now it's time for people to be like LeBron, and while he will never be GOAT he's still one of best players in the history of the game and highly influential in the sport.

Kobe and Dirk are both players with a current and evolving influence on basketball. There are already MANY basketball players replicating their games, paying homage but essentially stealing moves. Is Lebron getting this treatment? Tell me in concrete terms if and how he's getting this treatment.

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Sadly, there will always be copycats even in this case. They will be future stars that will be disloyal by lying to their team and fans that they will bring them a championship before they leave, and you know what Lebron eventually did after. Lebron is a bad role model just like Jay Z is a bad role model and people already kissing his ass overrated his legendary status as well. Thats life,just like sick in the mind type of people wants to be killers or rapists
(kobe is not a rapist) simply because some others in the past did it and got famous for it, So yea its definitely possible. Thank you Lebron for being a bitch and forever scarred the future of this league. I appreciate it.

Le Shaqtus
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Kobe and Dirk are both players with a current and evolving influence on basketball. There are already MANY basketball players replicating their games, paying homage but essentially stealing moves. Is Lebron getting this treatment? Tell me in concrete terms if and how he's getting this treatment.

I'm not saying it is, but I feel LeBron is the next in line for this generation. I know his game isn't flashy and doesn't cater to the casual fans so we'll just have to see.

russwest0
12-04-2013, 04:49 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302139

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't see how Lebron can become the great influence on basketball that guys like Kobe, Dirk, MJ, Wilt, and KAJ have become. There is just nothing about his game that future generations will carry in their own arsenals. I guess his game will fade away as if it never happened.

kamil
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM

People are desperate to have an MJ version 2.0. The media is doing everything it can to get them the next Michael. Its not happening. MJ had a beautiful game... he was exciting, unpredictable and a complete player. There were other factors beyond MJ's control that gave him the benefit of taking the NBA and basketball in general to new international levels which I'd call perfect timing and luck... and LeBron* isnt going to get there. He's already missed out/failed on a number of things (dunk contests, getting swept in first finals appearance, collusion, being embarrassed after collusion, etc). Take all that into consideration plus his ugly game... he's just another Hall of Famer.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
People are desperate to have an MJ version 2.0. The media is doing everything it can to get them the next Michael. Its not happening. MJ had a beautiful game... he was exciting, unpredictable and a complete player. There were other factors beyond MJ's control that gave him the benefit of taking the NBA and basketball in general to new international levels which I'd call perfect timing and luck... and LeBron* isnt going to get there. He's already missed out/failed on a number of things (dunk contests, getting swept in first finals appearance, collusion, being embarrassed after collusion, etc). Take all that into consideration plus his ugly game... he's just another Hall of Famer.

I'm really worried for the sport of basketball. Kobe's been out for months now, and the game just doesn't have that appeal it had before. Paul George has tried to replicate Kobe's aesthetic appeal, but just hasn't come close.

Micku
12-04-2013, 04:55 PM

I also read an article saying that Durant wanted to be efficient like Larry Bird and admire his game. His godfather, who taught him how to play, was a Larry Bird guy. So, he used to watch tapes a lot on Bird and wanted a 50-40-90 season just like Bird.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/thunder/2012/12/05/kevin-durant-game-is-evolving-and-so-is-his-marketability/1748853/

[quote]
"That's something I want do, something I'm chasing," he admitted. "That's being efficient, taking good shots, taking what the defense gives you, not forcing

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Ever since MJ retired, the game has been losing its flashes of aesthetic brilliance and sheer dominance. Kobe has tried to keep the flame alive, but he needs someone to take the torch from him. I don't see how Lebron will be able to fill MJ and Kobe's shoes in these next 4-5 years. I just don't see it happening.

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm really worried for the sport of basketball. Kobe's been out for months now, and the game just doesn't have that appeal it had before. Paul George has tried to replicate Kobe's aesthetic appeal, but just hasn't come close.
Bobby you have to think about it, Lebron just isnt that kobe/jordan type player. Paul George is cool but not that likeable and not that popular compared to Carmelo. Kevin Durant has a boring game because he lives at the free throw line which makes it boring to watch. Carmelo would be that kobe/Jordan type player but he currently is phucking up in the clutch and our team sucks, so go figure. Plus Rose is injured for yet another season.

kamil
12-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Kobe's end is near and inevitable. I have a feeling he's going to play for a 3-5 more years (barring injuries) until he calls it quits. But he is on a decline. There's nothing wrong with that, he is getting old for the NBA. I wouldnt worry about Paul George. He's got a long way to go before we can make a definitive statement about him... he's still developing.

NumberSix
12-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Jordan and LeBron played for the same number of teams.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Bobby you have to think about it, Lebron just isnt that kobe/jordan type player. Paul George is cool but not that likeable and not that popular compared to Carmelo. Kevin Durant has a boring game because he lives at the free throw line which makes it boring to watch. Carmelo would be that kobe/Jordan type player but he currently is phucking up in the clutch and our team sucks, so go figure. Plus Rose is injured for yet another season.

I know for certain how great Melo, Kobe, and MJ are. I've seen the proof in the pudding. I'm just a little confused at how Lebron can be called the GOAT apparent yet lack the appeal that these all-time greats possess. Melo and Kobe are changing the shape of basketball. You ever wonder why the league-wide perimeter game is as impressive as it is? It's all thanks to players like Melo and Kobe. I just wonder what Lebron can do to influence the sport of basketball.

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Lebron dont have the same number of rings.

scm5
12-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Lebron's influence and contribution to the game of basketball will be his emphasis on efficiency.

Wade and Durant both sip on that Kool-Aid and so will players in future generations.

Also, I know Pippen popularized the notion of a "point forward" but Lebron almost made it a necessity for SF's to be able to create for others.

Durant went from primarily scoring to now sharing facilitating responsibilities with Westbrook. He had to develop that and it's something I don't think needs to be a part of every SF's game.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:08 PM
In terms of accolades, Lebron is behind Kobe and MJ.
In terms of influence on the sport, Lebron has none.

So what actual legacy does Lebron have?

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Lebron's influence and contribution to the game of basketball will be his emphasis on efficiency.

Wade and Durant both sip on that Kool-Aid and so will players in future generations.

Also, I know Pippen popularized the notion of a "point forward" but Lebron almost made it a necessity for SF's to be able to create for others.

Durant went from primarily scoring to now sharing facilitating responsibilities with Westbrook. He had to develop that and it's something I don't think needs to be a part of every SF's game.

Efficiency has ALWAYS been an element of basketball. As a poster mentioned, Bird is the one who influenced Durant to play efficiency ball. Of course, Durant even came close to matching Bird's 50/40/90 league-lead-in-scoring pace.

Lebron is just a transient figure in basketball history. When he's retired, everything about his game will disappear from the basketball landscape. Kobe, MJ, and Bird's influence on the game will live on forever.

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I know for certain how great Melo, Kobe, and MJ are. I've seen the proof in the pudding. I'm just a little confused at how Lebron can be called the GOAT apparent yet lack the appeal that these all-time greats possess. Melo and Kobe are changing the shape of basketball. You ever wonder why the league-wide perimeter game is as impressive as it is? It's all thanks to players like Melo and Kobe. I just wonder what Lebron can do to influence the sport of basketball.
The only ways he can influence this league is to cheat to get rings with an overally stacked team, dont be faithful, and dont stand by your word, which is nothing but absolute negativity. Now on his game, its just not enjoyable like Carmelo and others. He always scared to hit the last shot and pass the ball at the last second, and when he choose to hit the last shot, most of the time he misses and messes up his confidence to that consistently in the future. He have flashy dunks and passes but thats it, he have to be flashy all around especially with shooting, and he's simply not about that life.

russwest0
12-04-2013, 05:14 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

scm5
12-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Efficiency has ALWAYS been an element of basketball. As a poster mentioned, Bird is the one who influenced Durant to play efficiency ball. Of course, Durant even came close to matching Bird's 50/40/90 league-lead-in-scoring pace.

Lebron is just a transient figure in basketball history. When he's retired, everything about his game will disappear from the basketball landscape. Kobe, MJ, and Bird's influence on the game will live on forever.

Not to the extent that Wade/Durant take it.

Wade and Lebron went for a while without shooting any 3's because they felt it wasn't an efficient shot.

Durant doesn't like taking buzzer beating halfcourt shots because it kills his percentages.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:16 PM
So does everyone agree that Kobe and MJ have an influence on basketball that Lebron will never have?

Lebron = Transient, short-term legacy
MJ/Kobe = Permanent, long-term legacy

Am I right? No disagreements? :biggums:

kamil
12-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Most people dont really count MJ's run as a Wizard. It does count, but it was more MJ having fun than anything else.

kamil
12-04-2013, 05:19 PM
So does everyone agree that Kobe and MJ have an influence on basketball that Lebron will never have?

I'd agree.

SilkkTheShocker
12-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Lebron has haters on edge since the finals. Awful time to be a Lebron hater right now :oldlol:

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 05:23 PM

I most certainly agree.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Lebron has haters on edge since the finals. Awful time to be a Lebron hater right now :oldlol:

This isn't a hate thread directed at his recent accomplishments. I'm fully aware that he won the series against the Spurs. We're talking about the influence that Lebron has on the art of basketball. I've cited several examples of Kobe's, MJ's, and Dirk's influence on the game. Being the resident Lebron expert of ISH, maybe you could supply some examples of players mirroring their games after Lebron.

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 05:25 PM
If it werent for Ray "men on film" Allen, you wouldn't be talking, even though you shouldnt be talking anyway.

Mass Debator
12-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Kyrie special on ESPN soon.

Ai2death
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM
When you go down the parks, to pick up games, kids try to replicate many stars.

You see people pivoting like Kobe, taking a turn around. People doing Mike, turn arounds and laying it up switching hands.
Dirk with the one leg fade away, Dribbles like Chris Paul.
Durant shimmy at the ft line. Even Melo with his face up quick dribble pull up.
But no Lebron... I believe it's because of his lack of signature move. Not everyone can do the one handed tomahawk slam he loves.

That's why I believe Lebrons game will fade a bit more than others.

tmacattack33
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM

:oldlol:

I like you mentioned Kobe's great influence without even mentioning a possibility of him having a negative influence in terms of his selfishness on the court and terrible shot selection. A kid who follows Kobe on the court will have a pretty high chance of being a terrible teammate and a ball-hog. He also feuded with his super-star teammate instead of staying a dynamic duo and demanded a trade as soon got bad in LA a few years later.

The same goes for Dirk, who does not play very good defense at all, goes pretty soft on the boards, and was a known choker for 90% of his career.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Basketball isn't just about NBA accolades. There are certain players that garner accolades AND have an enormous influence on the game of basketball: current and future stars emulate these players, and the legacies these influential players have never disappear. At the rate at which Lebron's career is progressing, I don't see how he will have that lasting influence that greats like MJ and Kobe have. Lebron stans seem to silently agree.

SilkkTheShocker
If it werent for Ray "men on film" Allen, you wouldn't be talking, even though you shouldnt be talking anyway.
The In Living Colol reference isn't fooling anyone, dude. We know ur only 11

funnystuff
Only Kobetards have him above Lebron on the GOAT list.

2=2
4>1

Most people don't even think its a discussion anymore.

CavaliersFTW
Lebron's game is built entirely on physical gifts, HGH, collusion and athleticism, you can't just 'be like Lebron' - the league will be testing for HGH in the future and collusion among superstars more difficult with the new salary cap ceilings and what not. If you try to emulate his crude moves you will suck at basketball, because your not 6-8 260 with a 40 inch vert and a 7-0 wingspan. Also, if you try to collude your a b*tch. There will be no 'like Lebron' era.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:31 PM
:oldlol:

I like you mentioned Kobe's great influence without even mentioning a possibility of him having a negative influence in terms of his selfishness on the court and terrible shot selection. A kid who follows Kobe on the court will have a pretty high chance of being a terrible teammate and a ball-hog. He also feuded with his super-star teammate instead of staying a dynamic duo and demanded a trade as soon got bad in LA a few years later.

The same goes for Dirk, who does not play very good defense at all, goes pretty soft on the boards, and was a known choker for 90% of his career.

Yes most stars have the power to negatively influence the progression of the sport as well. Lebron has promised Cleveland a ring, left to collude with superstars, made the decision. We all know about the negatives that players partake in. MJ was also a douche bag as a person, Kobe was not the best teammate.

How about the positives? Why can't you mention anything about Lebron's lasting influence on the game of basketball? Do you then agree with me?

Fresh Kid
12-04-2013, 05:32 PM
The In Living Colol reference isn't fooling anyone, dude. We know ur only 11
Im a grown man actually. How old are you? Your corny jokes must be 11 years old because you definitely not FOOLING anyone.

Scholar
12-04-2013, 05:33 PM
i can see a lot of todays youth shaping their games around curry and irving. mainly, flashy ball handling and very improved outside shooting.

im not a fan of wannabe and1 moves during pick up games and reffed games, but im pretty sure thats the direction the youth of today is heading.

Eerily similar to what people spewed when Allen Iverson was showin off his flashy ball handling in the '90s and most of '00s.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Only Kobetards have him above Lebron on the GOAT list.

2=2
4>1

Most people don't even think its a discussion anymore.

You have sort of missed the gist of the thread. The GOAT discussion is one thing that people use accolades to determine. I wanted to know about Lebron in a larger context, what lasting influence he has on the art and progression of basketball.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:38 PM
So far I've got talks of Lebron's efficiency, which players like Bird and Dantley mastered well before Lebron entered the league.

I've also got the usual kiddie responses from LBJ stans.

So I guess Lebron's actual legacy, distinct from his inadequate accolades, will fade sooner than later. That's pretty unfortunate :(

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 05:46 PM
He's the greatest Point Forward and one of the greatest all around players in NBA History. Andrew Wiggins favorite player is LeBron. He's currently a 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

moe94
12-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Why did he leave us

http://cdn04.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/11/crying-gifs-10112013-06.gif

HomieWeMajor
12-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I think they will. You are already seeing it in the league now. Players would rather get a near triple double than score 40 points.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
He's the greatest Point Forward and one of the greatest all around players in NBA History. Andrew Wiggins favorite player is LeBron. He's currently a 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

Yes, but once he retires will his accolades mean anything to the evolving art of basketball? When current and future stars watch footage of Lebron, will there be anything for them to emulate? All I see in his game is athleticism and barreling to the rim. What is there in his game that will persist in the evolving NBA?

Lebron23
Eerily similar to what people spewed when Allen Iverson was showin off his flashy ball handling in the '90s and most of '00s.

Everybody loved Iverson back in the day. Now Iverson is one of the most underrated NBA legends. Everybody is criticizing his sub 40-42 career FG%.

Same thing would happen to Westbrook and Irving if they fail to win an NBA title in this era. Prime Iverson is a better player than both of these guys.

Nash
Good luck being a pass first player while still managing to score 27ppg on close to 60% with great defence.

CavaliersFTW
12-04-2013, 05:51 PM
http://cdn04.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/11/crying-gifs-10112013-06.gif
Your alt is so obvious, why hide behind it? Why did you feel you even needed it, your other accounts all have the same personality, same mannerisms and same terrible reputation, I just don't see the point in having so many shitty accounts :oldlol:

moe94
12-04-2013, 05:53 PM
everyone who disagrees with me is the same person

Just let it out all out, man.

GrapeApe
12-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Why are we talking about LeBron's legacy as if it's already established? He's 28 years old, in the prime of his career, and still improving. I wish I had the crystal ball that some of you apparently have.

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I think they will. You are already seeing it in the league now. Players would rather get a near triple than score 40 points.

This

Current Durant modeled his game after Lebron. Lebron is a career 28/7/7 on on 49.2 FG%. He has plenty of memorable highlight plays on youtube since he was in high school.

SilkkTheShocker
12-04-2013, 05:55 PM
CavalierFTL still incredibly butt hurt

Solefade
12-04-2013, 05:56 PM
not a lot of people can replicate LeBron's game, that's not LeBron's fault.

moe94
Lebron is a career 28/7/7 on on 49.2 FG%

LeBron's career stats are good enough to be far and away the best player in the league today. How people find fault in this is astounding, to say the least.

CavalierFTL still incredibly butt hurt

The guy is a joke. His entire posting resume amounts to essays of long dead players and shitting on a player that left him 3 years ago.

Bobby13
Good luck being a pass first player while still managing to score 27ppg on close to 60% with great defence.

What would LBJ do without his athleticism. Now apply the same logic to the evolving art of the game. Can you tell future players to simply be 6' 8" 260? Basically what I'm saying is that Lebron has no actual influence on the game of basketball. His crab dribble, barrel move, and outstretched-arm dunk will have no lasting influence on the game. Lebron is a transient, short-term-in-influence player. He's no Kobe or MJ.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
This

Current Durant modeled his game after Lebron. Lebron is a career 28/7/7 on on 49.2 FG%. He has plenty of memorable highlight plays on youtube since he was in high school.

The only thing you stans have provided is his efficiency. I'll say this again. There is documented proof that Durant mirrored his efficiency after Larry Bird. Lebron isn't the first to play an efficient game, and he isn't the last. There is a large historical context in basketball lore that I wish you would understand. Lebron has no legacy in this larger context.

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
What would LBJ do without his athleticism. Now apply the same logic to the evolving art of the game. Can you tell future players to simply be 6' 8" 260? Basically what I'm saying is that Lebron has no actual influence on the game of basketball. His crab dribble, barrel move, and outstretched-arm dunk will have no lasting influence on the game. Lebron is a transient, short-term-in-influence player. He's no Kobe or Lebron.

You are a Terrible gimmick account. Watch more games son. Lebron has improve his low post scoring this season. No disrespect to Kobe, but Lebron is just flat out the better player. That's why they both have the same numbers of Finals MVP despite Lebron being only in his 11th NBA Season.

And when Lebron wins his 3rd finals MVP, we should stop comparing him to poor man's version of Jordan.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:01 PM
You are a Terrible gimmick account. Watch more games son. Lebron has improve his low post scoring this season. No disrespect to Kobe, but Lebron is just flat out the better player. That's why they both have the same numbers of Finals MVP despite Lebron being only in his 11th NBA Season.

This is my only account. I watch and follow basketball religiously. Lebron is better than Kobe. Lebron does not have the lasting influence on the game that Kobe or MJ have. That is the point which you guys seemingly cannot refute.

CavaliersFTW
12-04-2013, 06:04 PM
The guy is a joke. His entire posting resume amounts to essays of long dead players and shitting on a player that left him 3 years ago.
responding to yourself :oldlol:

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
It's interesting. Apparently accolades and imaginary GOAT list placements are all that matter to these stans. The larger context in basketball history and the general influence on the progression of the game mean nothing to these folks.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:06 PM

He's already started a butt-hurt response thread responding to his alts :oldlol: I think I got him where it hurt.

SilkkTheShocker
12-04-2013, 06:09 PM

You can think whatever you want. But you're by far the biggest butt hurt poster on ISH. You were probably one of the fans burning LeBron's jersey. Do you even watch the Cavs? All you post about is amazing things Wilt did in his illustrious losing career. And when you aren't doing that, you pull out your passive-aggressive LeBron hate routine. Honestly, some of the stuff you would say might be funnier if we already didn't know that you're a Cleveland fan that is still absolutely mind f.ucked LeBron dumped you like a two bit hoe on national television

moe94
12-04-2013, 06:11 PM
The larger context in basketball history and the general influence on the progression of the game mean nothing to these folks.

You actually believe LeBron is going to be lost in the history of basketball? Without irony, you believe this? You're the one trying to preserve rationality, too?

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:11 PM
MJ, Kobe and Dirk have had tangible, lasting influences on the game of basketball. Still awaiting any evidence of Lebron's lasting influence. No takers?

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
You actually believe LeBron is going to be lost in the history of basketball? Without irony, you believe this? You're the one trying to preserve rationality, too?

Lebron has athleticism. Future generations of basketball talent will easily surpass his athleticism. Lebron has no signature skills that future generations might decide to emulate. Lebron has done nothing to revolutionize the game. Do you want me to provide any more support for my claim? Actually wondering if you guys could come to the plate and provide a proper rebuttal.

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
You are probably saying that smaller players and ordinary basketball players cannot replicate Lebron, But i think you are wrong. 6'1" Eric Bledsoe patterned his game after LBJ.

moe94
12-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Lebron has athleticism. .

You're right, LeBron is a cyborg with unmatched athletic credentials and attributes. No one in the world is even his rival to the point he's the most dominant basketball player in the world.

Literally your argument.

Blue&Orange
12-04-2013, 06:16 PM
MJ, Kobe and Dirk have had tangible, lasting influences on the game of basketball. Still awaiting any evidence of Lebron's lasting influence. No takers?
I take the challenge.

2011 - Biggest choke in NBA finals
2012 - Mike Miller and Battier finishing off OKC while Lebron was on the bench with cramps on his vag after airballing.
2013 - Being carried by wade, showing only on garbage time, 12 minutes of domination, back to chocking, saved by Allen.

scm5
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Lebron has athleticism. Future generations of basketball talent will easily surpass his athleticism. Lebron has no signature skills that future generations might decide to emulate. Lebron has done nothing to revolutionize the game. Do you want me to provide any more support for my claim? Actually wondering if you guys could come to the plate and provide a proper rebuttal.

Legit question:

What "signature move" did Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, and Duncan add to the game?

funnystuff
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM
See, but everything you listed is simply an opinion.

Whether you like it or not, Lebron will at the very least retire better than everyone but MJ.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Players who Kobe has influenced: Afflalo, George, Iggy, Wizards MJ
Players who Lebron has influenced: Eric Bledsoe

Nice disparity

#number6ix#
12-04-2013, 06:21 PM
How can they??? His game is very unique... size,speed,vision,power,high iq,touch around the rim,jumping ability... The fact that he possesses these things will set him apart from all other players for a while

What's more valuable something that's one of a kind or something that's a dime a dozen... How will the game of basketball forget something so rare... they won't

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM

No more reason to response to this thread. The guy is just seeking for attention. I'll just drink a cup of coffee, and eat some bacon and egg.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/06/article-1240932-024BDD7C0000044D-301_468x286.jpg

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:23 PM
See, but everything you listed is simply an opinion.

Whether you like it or not, Lebron will at the very least retire better than everyone but MJ.

He isn't even better than Wilt, Bird, Magic, KAJ, or Duncan at this point. Once his athleticism is gone what is he going to be able to do?

KAJ had the sky hook for the majority of his career. Once his athleticism disappeared, he no longer had the elevation to execute that shot. He didn't have the athleticism to make use of his skillset. Lebron doesn't have a real skillset to begin with. Athleticism gone, Lebron gone.

By the way, thanks for getting away from my argument.

#number6ix#
12-04-2013, 06:23 PM

Nice disparity
This has to be a 9erempire alt:oldlol:

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I take the challenge.

2011 - Biggest choke in NBA finals
2012 - Mike Miller and Battier finishing off OKC while Lebron was on the bench with cramps on his vag after airballing.
2013 - Being carried by wade, showing only on garbage time, 12 minutes of domination, back to chocking, saved by Allen.

Hey douchebag,

You are trying way to hard to troll in this thread. Lebron with more NBA titles than the New York Suckers after this season.

outbreak
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
His influence will be that kids will look to pass more i think, someone emulating lebron probably won't want to do his raw moves but he will want to round out his game by picking up assists.

GrapeApe
12-04-2013, 06:28 PM
It's interesting. Apparently accolades and imaginary GOAT list placements are all that matter to these stans. The larger context in basketball history and the general influence on the progression of the game mean nothing to these folks.

You're speaking of subjective concepts. How is "influence on the progression of the game" even quantified? How can you predict what LeBron's influence will or won't be? The only thing we know for sure is that LeBron is well on his way to being considered among the all time greats. Anything beyond that is cojecture at this point.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
You're speaking of subjective concepts. How is "influence on the progression of the game" even quantified? How can you predict what LeBron's influence will or won't be? The only thing we know for sure is that LeBron is well on his way to being considered among the all time greats. Anything beyond that is cojecture at this point.

But still Kobe and Dirk have people mirroring their games. The emulators recognize the greatness of their arsenals. Nobody is mirroring Lebron's game: everyone knows he is all athleticism. Players in the future will easily surpass his athletic gifts. Thus by default future players will surpass Lebron. Kobe and MJ will look like old white guys compared to the future generations, but they will still be recognized as the maestros and true geniuses changing the art form of the game. Lebron's legacy will disappear.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Legit question:

What "signature move" did Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, and Duncan add to the game?

I don't know if you can say for a certainty that these guys added significant moves to the game. They certainly demonstrated a significant ability at executing certain moves.

Kobe and Wilt = Post fade
Russell = No idea, not much game film, but from ISH testimony his hook shots were far superior compared to Wilt's
Duncan (and KG) = Quick flip shot that McHale mastered
Bird had everything

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Just put him on your ignore list. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=297686 He's Alphawolf.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:39 PM
This has to be a 9erempire alt:oldlol:

I have one account. I wish I had multiple accounts to hide under like you guys.

Bobby13
12-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Just put him on your ignore list. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=297686 He's Alphawolf.

I legit have no idea who that is.

outbreak
12-04-2013, 06:42 PM
But still Kobe and Dirk have people mirroring their games. The emulators recognize the greatness of their arsenals. Nobody is mirroring Lebron's game: everyone knows he is all athleticism. Players in the future will easily surpass his athletic gifts. Thus by default future players will surpass Lebron. Kobe and MJ will look like old white guys compared to the future generations, but they will still be recognized as the maestros and true geniuses changing the art form of the game. Lebron's legacy will disappear.
people are emulating him though, expect in the next few years we will have a bunch of point forwards who are solid facilitators rather than focusing on pure scoring.

TheReal Kendall
12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
When you go down the parks, to pick up games, kids try to replicate many stars.

You see people pivoting like Kobe, taking a turn around. People doing Mike, turn arounds and laying it up switching hands.
Dirk with the one leg fade away, Dribbles like Chris Paul.
Durant shimmy at the ft line. Even Melo with his face up quick dribble pull up.
But no Lebron... I believe it's because of his lack of signature move. Not everyone can do the one handed tomahawk slam he loves.

That's why I believe Lebrons game will fade a bit more than others.

This pretty much sums it up.

Just go to your local park and watch the youngins play.

Lebron is a jack of all trades without any signature moves.

Theirs really nothing special about his game except for the fact that he's a "guard" in a power forward's body

riseagainst
12-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Nice disparity

:roll: :roll:

no pun intended
12-05-2013, 03:47 AM
No they don't want to be 'Like LeBron', as evident in this poll done by NBA players

http://i.imgur.com/lhD7MMB.jpg

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Ben Mclemore

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2013, 03:51 AM
I'm surprised 15% would be willing to take half their salary. That's actually pretty high.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2013, 03:55 AM
Do you actually think these "stats" aren't pulled directly out of some guy's ass?
It's a poll done of NBA players. Pretty sure I've seen it before.

moe94
12-05-2013, 03:58 AM
It's a poll done of NBA players. Pretty sure I've seen it before.
So most of them think George is the best perimeter defender in the league?

50_40_90_
12-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Lebron's influence on future players?

To re-think "ring chasing" as an option at the end of your career.

And maybe consider it as the most obvious choice in your prime.

Quickening
12-05-2013, 06:44 AM
So now its a bad thing to be a freak of nature that other players can't imitate.. who wants to have a weirdo like Kobe trying to replicate how you talk, play and act, chit is straight up creepy.

TyroneNBAFan
12-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Translation: I dislike Lebron and I wish everyone hated him too.

/thread

TyroneNBAFan
12-05-2013, 07:07 AM
So now its a bad thing to be a freak of nature that other players can't imitate.. who wants to have a weirdo like Kobe trying to replicate how you talk, play and act, chit is straight up creepy.

Its a sign of weird this culture has become.

Kobe is an imitator, bad teammate, accused rapist, selfish, agenda driven player and hes worshipped for it.