PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith: Melo is 100% leaving Knicks

Sarcastic
12-04-2013, 05:35 PM
He said it on ESPN Radio show today.

outbreak
12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
anytime an analyst claims something is "100%" or "guaranteed" their just throwing something out to create controversy and attention. It's just him giving his opinion in a way that will have people talk about him for saying it, if he said "in my opinion Melo will leave" nooone would give him any attention

LeGOAT
12-04-2013, 05:38 PM
SAS likes to think hes more "in" with the NBA and its players than he actually is. The guy thinks hes best friends with everyone he talks to. Why the hell would he of all people actually know what Melo is gonna do?

ispin69
He really wants that Knicks max deal where it's even bigger than Amare.

Ken_Masters
Does Detroit have the capspace to sign Melo? It seems like they are a few scorers away from being real contenders as long as they keep Drummond and Monroe together.

NumberSix
12-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Sauce?

Sarcastic
12-04-2013, 05:43 PM
anytime an analyst claims something is "100%" or "guaranteed" their just throwing something out to create controversy and attention. It's just him giving his opinion in a way that will have people talk about him for saying it, if he said "in my opinion Melo will leave" nooone would give him any attention

He was the first one to say Lebron was going to Miami with Wade and Bosh.

He knows Melo personally and said he's leaving. Will leave money on the table.

rhowen4
12-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I find it strange that someone would tell their plans to SAS knowing he would then tell the world. Don't they want to avoid these kinds of distractions? Unless SAS got it from someone close to Melo instead.

outbreak
12-04-2013, 05:57 PM
He was the first one to say Lebron was going to Miami with Wade and Bosh.

He knows Melo personally and said he's leaving. Will leave money on the table.

I don't deny that he has been right some times, but he and brousardtard have said a bunch of 100% confirmed signings and dealings were going on that never pan out too.

Sarcastic
12-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't deny that he has been right some times, but he and brousardtard have said a bunch of 100% confirmed signings and dealings were going on that never pan out too.

He has 1000000x better inside information than Broussard.

SilkkTheShocker
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Great news for the Knicks

HomieWeMajor
12-04-2013, 06:01 PM
"I'm taking my talents to Shangai to win a championship."

scm5
12-04-2013, 06:03 PM
It's so sad... on one hand I don't want the Lakers to want him.

On the other hand, there are no Free Agents that are likely to come to LA...

:(

outbreak
12-04-2013, 06:03 PM
He has 1000000x better inside information than Broussard.
yeah that's true maybe I went overboard, but still saying 100% is stupid unless Melo is arranging the press conference today. Even if he has heard rumours Melo is leaving there's still so much time before that actually happens that it can't be 100% confirmed

bagelred
12-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Cool! Where's he going?

niko
12-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Every valid leak is for a reason. If he's just leaving, why announce now? So to me, if SAS has real sources the leak is meant to spur the knicks to make moves.

Sarcastic
12-04-2013, 06:11 PM
If you wanna hear the podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=10079496

Around the 12:00 minute part is when he starts talking about the Knicks and Melo, and about 14:00 is when he says he's out.

grantz
It's steve smith. Who even listens to this guy. Who cares what he says.

DStebb716
If Melo TRULY feels that way, then he needs to tell the team that. Let them move him for something at the deadline and be done with it. Give me a fringe-playoff team's first rounder and head on your way. Then attach Shump to Amar'e's contract and look at all that cap space!

DStebb716
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Every valid leak is for a reason. If he's just leaving, why announce now? So to me, if SAS has real sources the leak is meant to spur the knicks to make moves.

A lot of these leaks are intentional and in self-interest. There were rumblings that Bron's camp leaked the news about Wade and Bosh joining forces in Miami early so Bron could have decision day to himself.

NuggetsFan
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
I don't know why he'd tell anybody. If he's leaving he can just walk. With Denver it was different because he needed them to sign him to an extension and with the CBA coming up he helped them get something while getting his.

In this situation I don't see any angle for Melo. Seems like the media stirring the pot because there isn't a unhappy superstar they can speculate on. NY sucks right now, therefore Melo is who they'll use to get hits.

TheReal Kendall
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM
To me Melo has to leave cause the Knicks FO aren't thinking Championship.

Melo is getting older and he wants to retire with a couple of rings.

He doesn't want to be the "Barkley" of this Era.

It makes sense for him to leave unless Knicks make some trade to be contenders.

DStebb716
12-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Fact is that no star will come to the Knicks by choice as long as Dolan is making the decisions. Not anymore. Not after what he's done to this once (forty years ago) proud franchise.

ispin69
12-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Ring Chaser :oldlol:

outbreak
12-04-2013, 06:23 PM

The funny thing is the knicks are thinking championship. Their front office made it known to players they expected this roster to be a championship team and people were being chewed out for losing with what they thought was a well built team :roll:

Mr. Incredible
12-04-2013, 06:28 PM
why would he stay?

ZMonkey11
12-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Does Detroit have the capspace to sign Melo? It seems like they are a few scorers away from being real contenders as long as they keep Drummond and Monroe together.

Thanks but no thanks.

Legends66NBA7
12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Fact is that no star will come to the Knicks by choice as long as Dolan is making the decisions. Not anymore. Not after what he's done to this once (forty years ago) proud franchise.

How many star free agents have signed or have being acquired from trade to the Knicks before Dolan took over for them ?

Nash
2 questions:
- why would melo tell SAS?
- why would SAS say something is 100% when it isnt? He's not an up and coming journalist, dude has one of the most popular sports shows on tv.

Lebron23

Stop comparing him to Barkley. Charles is a better playoffs performer than this fat, lazy chucker.

Melo would never win an NBA championship ring as the no.1 or even no.2 scoring option of his team.

hawkfan
If he really wants to win and go to a team with a young roster around him:

Detroit gets

Carmelo Anthony

New York gets

1st round pick (top 10 protected)
Greg Monroe
Jonas Jerebko (for salary cap purposes)
Charlie Villanueva (expirer - for salary cap purposes)

New York gets Monroe to help rebuild the team in the middle with Monroe and Bargnani. NY also gets a first round pick to add another young player.

Detroit gets Anthony to add to Drummond, Smith, Singler, Jennings.

imdaman99
12-04-2013, 06:32 PM
The funny thing is the knicks are thinking championship. Their front office made it known to players they expected this roster to be a championship team and people were being chewed out for losing with what they thought was a well built team :roll:
They were championship contenders last year, believe it or not (only team with winning record against Heat). And they lost too many veterans to retirement from last year. Melo is no leader. Can't say I am pleased he will jet, but I guess I'll be ok with it.

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks but no thanks.

This

He's just going to ruin some team's chemistry.

ispin69
12-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Melo's made tons of money already, he should do the right thing to win. Tell Miami you will take vet min and they will find a spot on the bench for you as a free agent. He can play behind Beasley.

ZMonkey11
12-04-2013, 06:37 PM

Detroit gets

Carmelo Anthony

New York gets

Greg Monroe

New York gets Monroe to help rebuild the team in the middle with Monroe and Bargnani. NY also gets a first round pick to add another young player.

CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE?!? I would begin the petition to fire Dumars at this point.

Lebron23
12-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Melo's made tons of money already, he should do the right thing to win. Tell Miami you will take vet min and they will find a spot on the bench for you as a free agent. He can play behind Beasley.

Hell No

Beasley swallowed his pride, and he accepted his role as the Heat's best scorer off the bench.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Melo really raped the knicks. Made them trade half their roster and multiple lottery picks and now he's gonna leave?

outbreak
12-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Detroit gets

Carmelo Anthony

New York gets

Greg Monroe

if he wants to win and goto a team with talent he will leave in a sign and trade for picks at the end of the year

Nash
12-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Melo and fillers

for

Asik, Parsons and Jeremy Lin

Burgz V2
12-04-2013, 07:00 PM

broussard is a clown. SAS has numerous personal relationships with players. even if he runs his mouth off, he still has way more credible sources of information.

bagelred
12-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Melo and fillers

for

No thanks.

hawkfan
12-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Melo and fillers

for

Could Howard and Anthony share the low post? Big question.

KyrieTheFuture
12-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Melo really raped the knicks. Made them trade half their roster and multiple lottery picks and now he's gonna leave?

The Knicks did not have to trade their future for Melo when they already knew he was coming. Blame Dolan.

kNicKz
12-04-2013, 07:05 PM

rightttt. He made them do that :roll:

He put a gun to Dolan's face

Sauce: Multiple

ispin69
12-04-2013, 07:06 PM
He should consider Cleveland. If Miami can't get a way for Wade and Bosh to take less, they will break up and Lebron will consider Cavs and the two could meet up there.

Melo 21mil

Trade bait (any combination):
Bynum 12mil (dec 15)
Varejao 9mil
Kyrie Irving 5mil (i'd rather keep dion waiters)
Tristan Thompson 4mil
Earl Clark 4mil (dec 15)

KyrieTheFuture
12-04-2013, 07:09 PM
He should consider Cleveland. If Miami can't get a way for Wade and Bosh to take less, they will break up and Lebron will consider Cavs and the two could meet up there.

Melo 21mil

Bynum 12mil (dec 15)
Varejao 9mil
Tristan Thompson 4mil
Earl Clark 4mil (dec 15)

Did you just say you'd rather keep Dion Waiters over Kyrie Irving?

hawkfan
12-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Really, the perfect team for Melo in the off-season is Atlanta.

We will have about 15 million or so in cap space and can swap out Louis Williams (expirer) to get more.

Melo would have Horford and Millsap in the front court, two players whose games would complement him well. Nogueira is coming from overseas for size. In the backcourt, Jeff Teague is playing well, along with Korver, Jenkins, Schroeder. Plus we have a first round pick, which may be a lottery pick depending on how the Nets do.

The Hawks have a solid roster, but no franchise scorer. Melo can do that, and he will have other players to pass the ball to (or who can create their own shots).

He'll have to finally change his game, because the ball-stopper on one side of the court.

The Hawks wouldn't need to do a sign and trade to give up anything, except if the Knicks wanted Louis Williams.

ispin69

Wall and Irving are the most overrated PG's in the NBA. Stay buttmad.

And if everyone like you is so high on Kyrie Irving, then the trade makes even more sense. It would make it worth it for the Knicks.

coin24

:roll: :roll:

brownmamba00
12-04-2013, 07:12 PM
:lol

NumberSix
12-04-2013, 07:15 PM
There's a 100% chance that he's maybe leaving.

kNicKz
12-04-2013, 07:18 PM

:roll:

Nash
12-04-2013, 07:20 PM
No thanks.
Lets play this game for a second where Melo is leaving and see how this would work.

- Getting Lin, who New York has a crush on. Lin back would bring back all the hysteria and the attention the owners of the Knicks would love.

- Swapping Chandler Parsons into the SF position after Melo leaves is one helluva replacement. The guy is great, young and on a very cheap contract.

- Asik would help that front court and he's one of the best reserve C's in the league. Also a good piece to have in a potential trade.

Maybe that could lead to a fast rebuild and with Amare's contract expiring the season after they could do some good moves.

TheReal Kendall
12-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Stop comparing him to Barkley. Charles is a better playoffs performer than this fat, lazy chucker.

Melo would never win an NBA championship ring as the no.1 or even no.2 scoring option of his team.

Not comparing them.

Both are my favorites and Barkley was better than Melo.

What I mean is that he will wind up retiring without a ring like Barkley if he stay with the Knicks.

It's clear as day in my post.

You just want to bash Melo

TheReal Kendall
12-04-2013, 07:28 PM

How did he rape them?

It's not his the Knicks FO sucks.

Also Stat didn't pan out. He has been hurt and when he's not hurt he plays like shit.

hawkfan
12-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Melo 21mil

Bynum 12mil (dec 15)
Varejao 9mil
Tristan Thompson 4mil
Earl Clark 4mil (dec 15)

No need for the Cavs to trade any pieces now. Just wait until the summer and then make moves then.

Spaulding
12-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Cool! Where's he going?

Lakers.

hawkfan
12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Lakers.

Doubt it.
They tried twice in bringing in big time guys and cramming them into being role players - in 04 with Malone and Payton and last year with Howard and Nash.

More likely the Lakers will look to sign guys like Deng or Granger at small forward.

hawkfan
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM
The other serious team for Melo would be Dallas.

G-train
12-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Here's what will happen.
Woodson will be sacked and Chandler will come back from injury.
Felton and Smith will find form, and Amare will become solid off bench. Something happens with Shumpert. Teams responds to new voice.
They storm home to win Atlantic Division, gaining home court advantage.
They upset a team in first round, and take second round team to 6 valiant games.
Melo then re-signs.

BlackVVaves
12-04-2013, 07:55 PM
How did he rape them?

Also Stat didn't pan out. He has been hurt and when he's not hurt he plays like shit.

Which almost all other teams knew would happen, thus why the Knicks were one of the only teams dumb enough to offer him a long term contract.

Stat not panning out is just as bad of an indictment on the Knicks' front office and their history of personnel moves as it is on Amare. The Knicks basically got a year and a half of play out of 5 years from Amare. What a horrible investment.

They'd be smart not to re-sign Melo. Melo will never win a championship as the #1 guy.

longtime lurker
12-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Which almost all other teams knew would happen, thus why the Knicks were one of the only teams dumb enough to offer him a long term contract.

Stat not panning out is just as bad of an indictment on the Knicks' front office and their history of personnel moves as it is on Amare. The Knicks basically got a year and a half of play out of 5 years from Amare. What a horrible investment.

They'd be smart not to re-sign Melo. Melo will never win a championship as the #1 guy.

Or they could resign him and they'd have some cap space next season when Amare, Chandler and Bustani expire

hawkfan
12-04-2013, 08:01 PM

They can still trade Amare for value - Lee, Bass, Wallace. The Knicks become a playoff team again.

STATUTORY
12-04-2013, 08:02 PM
best news for the Knicks, only wish we never traded Mozgov, Gallo, Chandler, and Wiggins for this fool

icewill36
12-04-2013, 08:08 PM
when does amare come off the books ?

niko
12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
best news for the Knicks, only wish we never traded Mozgov, Gallo, Chandler, and Wiggins for this fool
Again, what is with the "we"?

christian1923
12-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Just stay with the Knicks and keep making money while being the man. Nothing better than that. Patience is a virtue, they'll build better team around him in the future.

STATUTORY
12-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Again, what is with the "we"?

I really don't have to prove my allegiance to you. I consider knicks my team cause of my ties to NYC and will always wish they take the path towards respectability, hate the FO/owner/MSG culture and basically disagree with most decisions the team have made in the last decade or so. But they are my team.

niko
12-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I really don't have to prove my allegiance to you. I consider knicks my team cause of my ties to NYC and will always wish they take the path towards respectability, hate the FO/owner/MSG culture and basically disagree with most decisions the team have made in the last decade or so. But they are my team.
So you don't root for them, follow them, and you root for other teams and players but you are a Knicks fan? That's nice. I think from now on i'll be a Lebron/Knicks fan so I don't have to take so much shit.

STATUTORY
12-04-2013, 08:27 PM
So you don't root for them, follow them, and you root for other teams and players but you are a Knicks fan? That's nice. I think from now on i'll be a Lebron/Knicks fan so I don't have to take so much shit.

I follow them, I root for the team to make right decisions, I am emotionally invested in the team doing well and get upset when shitty trades like the one for melo gets made, I go to about half a dozen knicks games every season. I follow other teams too and root for other players, don't see the conflict.

DStebb716
12-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I have to be honest, I'm a DIEHARD Knicks fan (and Bills fan). It's extremely hard to continuously root for a product that sucks and a management group that does things purely in the interest of money instead of winning. It's gotten harder in recent years. I won't give up, especially on the Bills, but I haven't watched a SINGLE Knicks game all season. I maybe missed three games all last year.

midatlantic09
12-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Melo isn't getting a ring anyway (at least not with him as a first option) so it doesn't matter.

DStebb716
12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Melo isn't getting a ring anyway (at least not with him as a first option) so it doesn't matter.

While I agree that Melo is unlikely to get a ring, but I disagree with any notion that he's incapable of winning one as the first option. It's just as simple as surrounding him with the right people. If you put a remotely competent PG who can pass and play defense on last year's team and they beat the Pacers. They also give the Heat and Spurs a run for their money.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-04-2013, 09:35 PM
SAS likes to think hes more "in" with the NBA and its players than he actually is. The guy thinks hes best friends with everyone he talks to. Why the hell would he of all people actually know what Melo is gonna do?

Stephen A was the only one who correctly announced the merging of the Big 3 in Miami, days before it happened, and he said it was a done deal.

I believe him.

3LiftHeatCurse
12-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Why is everyone blaming Carmelo.

Amare is an overpaid albatross contract.

Your roster stinks and has a lot of wasted money. The Knicks can't win with garbage like that when you make them face Miami or the Pacers.

Melo just needs real help.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Knicks fans need to realize they dont have a consistent 2nd and 3rd option

Jr smith is a chucket nothing else...& barg is barg...

Melo is going to come drop in LAL arms...

Like Gasol he will be instantly a hit while kobe cares all the pressure...

With Kobe being the main man, melo will win a championship

BlackVVaves
12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Knicks fans need to realize they dont have a consistent 2nd and 3rd option

Jr smith is a chucket nothing else...& barg is barg...

Melo is going to come drop in LAL arms...

Like Gasol he will be instantly a hit while kobe cares all the pressure...

With a 36 year old Kobe being the main man, melo will win a first round series

Fixed for accuracy.

secund2nun
12-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Melo blows. I can't believe adults actually think this guy is a star, let alone a superstar. He is an overrated chucker who is a mediocre scorer. Yeah you heard me. To make it worse he has a huge max contract.

NY should be happy that he is leaving them.

CelticBaller
12-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Melo blows. I can't believe adults actually think this guy is a star, let alone a superstar. He is an overrated chucker who is a mediocre scorer. Yeah you heard me. To make it worse he has a huge max contract.

Well you just confirmed that you're under 13

razzredazzre
12-04-2013, 10:17 PM

NY should be happy that he is leaving them.

adults? lol
Listen to your parents, son.

Calling melo a "mediocre scorer" and shi*.

secund2nun
12-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Well you just confirmed that you're under 13

No I just confirmed that I understand the game of basketball instead of drooling over overpaid loser overrated chuckers like Melo who are mediocre inefficient volume scorers, suck at defense, and are ball stopping black holes. The only thing he has going for him is rebounding. If he stopped shooting so much and understood his limits he could be a good complementary scorer, but instead he tries to shot jack away and be MJ which he is nowhere close to being so his inefficient high volume scoring is a big negative to his team. He is hyped up because he is a "sexy" player.

secund2nun
12-04-2013, 10:24 PM
adults? lol
Listen to your parents, son.

Calling melo a "mediocre scorer" and shi*.

He is a mediocre scorer. This season he is at 26 ppg on 42% fg and 22 shots per game. That's mediocre and a terrible use of 22 shots per game. Many bums could reach 26 ppg if you gave them 22 shots per game.

andremiller07
12-04-2013, 10:27 PM
This is good news now they can resign Chris Smith and Shumpert to long term deals. :applause:

Deuce Bigalow
12-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Stephen A: "I have known Melo since he was a kid. We have taken showers together. He is 100% leaving the Knicks."

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2013, 01:09 AM
The Knicks did not have to trade their future for Melo when they already knew he was coming. Blame Dolan.

rightttt. He made them do that :roll:

He put a gun to Dolan's face

Sauce: Multiple

How did he rape them?

Melo could have signed with them the following off season but instead he insisted on a trade since he wanted to sign his contract before the old CBA was changed. The Knicks had to either trade for him or he was going to Brooklyn (Jersey at the time).

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Also, I have a lot of faith in Stephen A. As an analyst he's terrible but as a reporter he's pretty good. And he's actually going out on a huge limb here saying "100%" he's gonna look like a tool if he stays.

Patrick Chewing
12-05-2013, 01:14 AM

Detroit gets

Carmelo Anthony

New York gets

Greg Monroe

I'll take it.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Fixed for accuracy.

lol what a retard

coin24
12-05-2013, 01:26 AM
No I just confirmed that I understand the game of basketball instead of drooling over overpaid loser overrated chuckers like Melo who are mediocre inefficient volume scorers, suck at defense, and are ball stopping black holes. The only thing he has going for him is rebounding. If he stopped shooting so much and understood his limits he could be a good complementary scorer, but instead he tries to shot jack away and be MJ which he is nowhere close to being so his inefficient high volume scoring is a big negative to his team. He is hyped up because he is a "sexy" player.

You just copy key words from other shit for brains post decision fans:oldlol:

longtime lurker
12-05-2013, 01:39 AM
You just copy key words from other shit for brains post decision fans:oldlol:

You mean all of them?

niko
12-05-2013, 08:18 AM
He can't be wrong. He said 100% he's leaving right now. Then he qualified it by saying
1) As long as he can get the same money.
2) Unless the situation changes.

So if Melo doesn't leave, it's because of 1 or 2, and he's right.

kurple
12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
wonder what the knicks can get in return for him. could see them going on a run after a possible trade

Trentknicks
12-05-2013, 08:28 AM
wonder what the knicks can get in return for him. could see them going on a run after a possible trade
That Mcgee, Chandler, Miller & our first for Melo you proposed had me smiling for hours. Would do it in a heartbeat.

ALBballer
12-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Melo and fillers

for

Not a bad deal for the Knicks.

BlackVVaves
12-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Just heard SAS say rumor is the Blazers were interested in a (at the time) disgruntled Aldridge for Melo swap this past off-season, but that Dolan and co. were more interested in attaining Bargnani thanks to him being a CAA client, and pairing him with Melo.

Is this old news to anyone? Anyone want to elaborate, comment?

hawkfan
12-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Just heard SAS say rumor is the Blazers were interested in a (at the time) disgruntled Aldridge for Melo swap this past off-season, but that Dolan and co. were more interested in attaining Bargnani thanks to him being a CAA client, and pairing him with Melo.

If this is true (and it may not be), this shows how far Melo's trade stock has fallen, since there is no way the Blazers would trade LMA now.

BlackVVaves
12-05-2013, 12:17 PM
If this is true (and it may not be), this shows how far Melo's trade stock has fallen, since there is no way the Blazers would trade LMA now.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Also would illustrate how (dare I say) asinine the front office of the Knicks are for allowing this CAA enigma to literally dictate their organization.

But again, I'm looking for verification on this story. I'm sure the Knicks would jump on this deal today, just a couple months later. Melo hasn't even been a Top 10 player this year.

kurple
12-05-2013, 12:19 PM
That Mcgee, Chandler, Miller & our first for Melo you proposed had me smiling for hours. Would do it in a heartbeat.
i'd still do it, but i'm pretty much the only nuggets fan that would

Draz
12-05-2013, 02:13 PM
What would the knicks do about amare?

niko
12-05-2013, 03:03 PM

He didn't say it was a swap for Melo, he was intimating they could bring him in as help for Melo. He's said it before. He also said literally that you could trust him more to tell you what Melo thinks than listening to Melo. Melo is lying to everyone but Steven A who can tell you what he means.

If people want to believe all of this they are welcome to it but if it sounds like shit and smells like shit...

BlackVVaves
12-05-2013, 03:11 PM
He didn't say it was a swap for Melo, he was intimating they could bring him in as help for Melo. He's said it before. He also said literally that you could trust him more to tell you what Melo thinks than listening to Melo. Melo is lying to everyone but Steven A who can tell you what he means.

If people want to believe all of this they are welcome to it but if it sounds like shit and smells like shit...

I could have sworn he said trade for Melo.

For the record then, do you believe SAS or Melo more when these type of reports surface (about him wanting to leave)?

niko
12-05-2013, 03:16 PM
I could have sworn he said trade for Melo.

For the record then, do you believe SAS or Melo more when these type of reports surface (about him wanting to leave)?
I was listening, he did not. I believe Melo more. I don't think Melo has made up his mind. How could his mind be made up, and why would he be telling people yesterday? All of a sudden. He doesn't want to talk about leaving, but he's going to call up people to tell them now he's leaving.

Plus Stephen A said yesterday he's leaving "unless things change". Here's my prediction, Melo will stay unless things do not change. How will I be wrong?

Do you listen to him regularly? His agenda is to bash the Knicks, period. He doesn't even hide it.

Legends66NBA7
12-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Do you listen to him regularly? His agenda is to bash the Knicks, period. He doesn't even hide it.

What's there to hide about currently ? The Knicks are horrible and there have been Knicks fans who thought the team would be better this year than last year. Every media analyst has a right to drill this team, regardless if they had a history of it or not.

niko
12-05-2013, 03:37 PM
What's there to hide about currently ? The Knicks are horrible and there have been Knicks fans who thought the team would be better this year than last year. Every media analyst has a right to drill this team, regardless if they had a history of it or not.
Yes, but you have to be balanced. He's covering two teams. You can't say "i'm going to bash the Knicks but not cover the Nets today because the Nets lost". That's not balanced. He's literally doing that. If the Nets lose or have a negative story, today is not about them, today is about the Knicks.

Because the Knicks suck doesn't make a person hating on them non biased. It's like the Lebron haters, when he choked, their bullshit wasn't non biased, it just converged with the agenda. The Knicks are convering with Stephen A's agenda, which mind you is not to hate on them, but to spur them to do things for Carmelo, and to pump up the Nets.

Legends66NBA7
12-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Yes, but you have to be balanced. He's covering two teams. You can't say "i'm going to bash the Knicks but not cover the Nets today because the Nets lost". That's not balanced. He's literally doing that. If the Nets lose or have a negative story, today is not about them, today is about the Knicks.

Because the Knicks suck doesn't make a person hating on them non biased. It's like the Lebron haters, when he choked, their bullshit wasn't non biased, it just converged with the agenda. The Knicks are convering with Stephen A's agenda, which mind you is not to hate on them, but to spur them to do things for Carmelo, and to pump up the Nets.

I do agree with you there. He should bash the Nets, since they had all they hype. The Knicks still having a losing streak. I actually think they should beat the Nets in their next meeting, so here's to you.

tomtucker
12-05-2013, 03:45 PM
they should have kept fields and Lin

niko
12-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I do agree with you there. He should bash the Nets, since they had all they hype. The Knicks still having a losing streak. I actually think they should beat the Nets in their next meeting, so here's to you.
Stephen A on the Knicks: They are terrible, no one helps Melo, believe every negative rumor you hear plus here is three more, season is over.

Stephen A on the Nets: They are terrible BUT it's not Garnett & Pierce, they have injuries, don't believe any rumors, the truth is actually exactly the spin the Nets are putting out. And occasionally he calls them "contenders if they put things together".

really?

Draz
12-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Fields was horrible after his first few months in as a rookie. He deserved to go.

BlackVVaves
12-05-2013, 03:49 PM

Yeah, my sentiments exactly.

Niko is right regarding SAS's imbalance of reporting between both New York teams, but when the Knicks were rolling last year that wasn't an issue. So, I don't see why it's an issue now.

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily believe all of SAS's reporting, but I also wouldn't take what Melo says seriously. He did indicate that he was intrigued by the proponent of future free agency this summer, so it's feasible to believe he could be looking for an alleyway out with the Knicks floundering.

DMAVS41
12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Melo is such a joke.

Total clown.

Knicks should just trade him for air so they can move on. We'll give you Marion, Larkin, Vince, and Ellington for Melo.

niko
12-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah, my sentiments exactly.

Niko is right regarding SAS's imbalance of reporting between both New York teams, but when the Knicks were rolling last year that wasn't an issue. So, I don't see why it's an issue now.

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily believe all of SAS's reporting, but I also wouldn't take what Melo says seriously. He did indicate that he was intrigued by the proponent of future free agency this summer, so it's feasible to believe he could be looking for an alleyway out with the Knicks floundering.
I mentioned it before though. it was the same shit last year. he gave a state of the union before last year where he said the Nets had a chance to win the title and take away all the Knick fans. Anyone in NY would laugh at that.

BTW, I don't think Melo has to stay, but the thought SAS knows better than Melo or anyone says is a load of crap. 100%.

Legends66NBA7
12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Melo is such a joke.

Total clown.

Knicks should just trade him for air so they can move on. We'll give you Marion, Larkin, Vince, and Ellington for Melo.

Ah, I see what you did there...

niko
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Basically on Stephen A, just because the Knicks suck doesn't mean me, as a fan needs to listen to utter bullshit and accept everything said. I get that from some people, THE KNICKS SUCK SO ITS TRUE. No, bad reporting is still bad reporting, and the agenda driven BS that he's spouting this year is bad reporting.

BlackVVaves
12-05-2013, 04:09 PM
I mentioned it before though. it was the same shit last year. he gave a state of the union before last year where he said the Nets had a chance to win the title and take away all the Knick fans. Anyone in NY would laugh at that.

BTW, I don't think Melo has to stay, but the thought SAS knows better than Melo or anyone says is a load of crap. 100%.

As someone who lives in New York, the thought that the Nets could "take over" NY in a matter of one year is laughable.

Not sure what his agenda was there. It's fitting that the Knicks ended up having a successful season while the Nets were pretty mediocre.

DMAVS41
12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Ah, I see what you did there...

Im' just playing around...I don't want Melo on the Mavs. Much rather sign guys like Deng and Gortat/Andy V type for less than what we'd have to pay Melo this offseason

But we'll take him for the remainder of this year...so we can be the worst defensive team in nba history

calderon/ellis/melo/dirk....:eek:

BlackVVaves
12-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Melo and Dirk together defensively? Holy shit :wtf:

niko
12-05-2013, 04:11 PM
As someone who lives in New York, the thought that the Nets could "take over" NY in a matter of one year is laughable.

Not sure what his agenda was there. It's fitting that the Knicks ended up having a successful season while the Nets were pretty mediocre.
It was funny, it was a saturday, and there was a game on the other station, so im listening to him as I drive people back and forth to this party (family members) and this shit went on and on and on. For some reason he thinks the Knicks don't pay proper attention to the Nets. It's weird. We need to chase overall success, not to be better than the less popular team in town.

Legends66NBA7
12-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Im' just playing around...I don't want Melo on the Mavs. Much rather sign guys like Deng and Gortat/Andy V type for less than what we'd have to pay Melo this offseason

But we'll take him for the remainder of this year...so we can be the worst defensive team in nba history

calderon/ellis/melo/dirk....:eek:

Would be similar to the early 00's Mavs. Lots of offense and not a lot of defense.

DMAVS41
12-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Haha. Dirk is a defensive force compared to the likes of Calderon and Ellis

Calderon, Ellis, and Melo would have to make up the worst defensive pg, sg, and sf combo in modern NBA history. Might be fun to watch...

Vancouver-Grizz
12-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Its funny how SAS is certain Melo will leave considering not many/if any teams out there will be built around Melo to win.

Melo has talent and heart but like Iverson, he needs a team completely built around him. I really cant think of a team where I see Melo as the main guy and win.

BlackVVaves
12-05-2013, 04:37 PM
It was funny, it was a saturday, and there was a game on the other station, so im listening to him as I drive people back and forth to this party (family members) and this shit went on and on and on. For some reason he thinks the Knicks don't pay proper attention to the Nets. It's weird. We need to chase overall success, not to be better than the less popular team in town.

I think SAS just wanted to stir up the "rivalry" more in a attempt to gauge more interest in his reporting in NY. That had to be it.

Would be similar to the early 00's Mavs. Lots of offense and not a lot of defense.

Shit, at least those Mavs were fun to watch with that ball movement. I think Melo on the Mavs would be ugly, unless they let Ellis and Calderon do the facilitating like now, and put a collar around Melo's neck that sends an electro shock every time he refuses to pass to an open teammate :lol

Haha. Dirk is a defensive force compared to the likes of Calderon and Ellis

Calderon, Ellis, and Melo would have to make up the worst defensive pg, sg, and sf combo in modern NBA history. Might be fun to watch...

Worst than last year's Lakers? Idk...:oldlol:

Rameek
12-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I think SAS is implying that the Nets are making moves to win and the Knicks are not.

As a Knick fan I see Dolan doing things to fill seats not win championships.

SAS is putting the Knicks on notice about what the Nets goals are.

I don't see where Melo would want to come back other than money. I dont know if the Knicks will get another player as good as Melo in the near future.

I do agree that ownership is letting CAA dictate too many moves.

niko
12-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I think SAS is implying that the Nets are making moves to win and the Knicks are not.

As a Knick fan I see Dolan doing things to fill seats not win championships.

SAS is putting the Knicks on notice about what the Nets goals are.

I don't see where Melo would want to come back other than money. I dont know if the Knicks will get another player as good as Melo in the near future.

I do agree that ownership is letting CAA dictate too many moves.
The Garnett/Pierce trade was a Knick like move. It brought in two players specifically on their name value and ignoring their age and future consequences.

Why do people rationalize away his stupidity? He's just a terrible reporter who is very transparent in his agenda. At some point in the future this will shift and he'll have a pro Knick agenda, but he'll still be awful.

DStebb716
12-05-2013, 05:46 PM
The Garnett/Pierce trade was a Knick like move. It brought in two players specifically on their name value and ignoring their age and future consequences.

Why do people rationalize away his stupidity? He's just a terrible reporter who is very transparent in his agenda. At some point in the future this will shift and he'll have a pro Knick agenda, but he'll still be awful.

The Nets move to get Pierce/Garnett was a win-now move. It wasn't for the sake of their names. They looked, at the time, to be the final pieces to a true contender. It just backfired.

Patrick Chewing
12-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Knicks need to trade Melo for a 2015 first and expirers in 2015. Knicks will have two first round picks in 2015 to make up for what they don't have this year or in 2016. Knicks can tank all they want next year and get into the lottery and then have another pick down the line. With the cap space created by losing guys like Bargs, Melo, Stoudemire, etc.., you can then lure a big name FA to pair along with whoever they draft.

Problem solved.

niko
12-05-2013, 06:16 PM
The Nets move to get Pierce/Garnett was a win-now move. It wasn't for the sake of their names. They looked, at the time, to be the final pieces to a true contender. It just backfired.

They traded three first round picks for three players the Celtics wanted to get rid of because they were old. This isn't revisionist history, i said it at the time the trade was made. Go look at their talk on the trade, they thought for some reason Garnett and Pierce would not only be better than last year (as they got older) but this move would revitalize them, that somehow they were dogging it last year.

It's exactly what i said, they traded for the name, not what the name was currently.

WhySoInsecure?
12-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Knicks need to trade Melo for a 2015 first and expirers in 2015. Knicks will have two first round picks in 2015 to make up for what they don't have this year or in 2016. Knicks can tank all they want next year and get into the lottery and then have another pick down the line. With the cap space created by losing guys like Bargs, Melo, Stoudemire, etc.., you can then lure a big name FA to pair along with whoever they draft.

Problem solved.
And when that doesn't work out just rinse and repeat....

I've been a fan of the knicks for 15 miserable years and it's pretty clear that they will never amount to anything with Dolan running the show.

They threw Iman under the bus while letting JR chuck away without any consequences. To please this biggest idiot on the team, they signed his hadicap of a brother instead of picking up a big man in case any of their injury prone bigs go down. Now with Chandler out, they are stuck with Bargniani as their only big and somehow everyone is surprised that teams are running layup drills against the Knicks.