PDA

View Full Version : The nets are seriously going to end up giving wiggins to atlanta

Dr. Ice
12-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Brooklyn Nets: Rebuilding the hawks and celtics since 2013.

Ladies and gentlemen, never trade away all of your draft picks.

andremiller07
12-05-2013, 10:15 PM
I would love to see Wiggins/Teague/Horford/Milsap on the same team a tough skilled humble team which would stomp out a lot of teams.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Nets are just so bad. Worse than the Jazz even.

hawksdogsbraves
12-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Haha it's so great, they're worse than all the teams who are actively trying to tank :oldlol:

If they had a real coach I'd say they could turn this around once they get healthier, but Kidd is a joke and has already lost control, so I don't really think there's any way they can.

We're tanking without having to actually tank!

GOBB
12-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Nets wont. They will make the playoffs.

PJR
12-05-2013, 10:32 PM
There's no protection on the pick from the Joe Johnson trade? :oldlol:

GOBB
12-05-2013, 10:33 PM
There's no protection on the pick from the Joe Johnson trade? :oldlol:

Why would there be???

christian1923
12-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Why would there be???
His contract

hawksdogsbraves
12-05-2013, 10:35 PM

The only reason I think they won't is because of Kidd, this team is going to revolt on him at some point and then it won't even matter if they're healthy and playing in the East.

Dr. Ice
12-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Why would there be???

You're right. If they were already stupid enough to hand draft picks to the hawks when the hawks were the team getting rid of a terrible contract, then there's no reason to believe the nets would be smart enough to even think about putting protection

GOBB
12-05-2013, 10:38 PM
His contract

I'm lost. Explain.

The only reason I think they won't is because of Kidd, this team is going to revolt on him at some point and then it won't even matter if they're healthy and playing in the East.

Possible. Kidd was a terrible hire. You put together a win now team yet hire a coach fresh from playing the game? No coaching experience whatsoever. The fact him and Frank butted heads says enough for me. Frank is a better coach. Not even to make Frank out to be this legend or anything.

Atlanta could end up with a lottery pick. I dont think the Nets will be in the 1-9 range which is the only realistic chance at a top 3 pick. Could be in the 11-14 range or barely make playoffs is my prediction.

GOBB
12-05-2013, 10:41 PM
You're right. If they were already stupid enough to hand draft picks to the hawks when the hawks were the team getting rid of a terrible contract, then there's no reason to believe the nets would be smart enough to even think about putting protection

If the Sixers trade Evan turner to the OKC Thunder for a first rd pick? Do you think the OKC Thunder would put protection on that pick? How about the Grizzlies? Spurs? Do you now see my point?

It's pretty much like saying why didnt the NYK put protection on the first rd pick they traded for Carmelo. There was no reason. Same deal with the JJ trade. No reason to protect that pick. Lets use our brains here for once.

Dr. Ice
12-05-2013, 10:46 PM
If the Sixers trade Evan turner to the OKC Thunder for a first rd pick? Do you think the OKC Thunder would put protection on that pick? How about the Grizzlies? Spurs? Do you now see my point?

It's pretty much like saying why didnt the NYK put protection on the first rd pick they traded for Carmelo. There was no reason. Same deal with the JJ trade. No reason to protect that pick. Lets use our brains here for once.

The hawks(and the sixers in your situation) is the desperate team out of the two. The hawks were desperate for a way to unlock themselves from the joe deal. I'll never understand how the hawks got 2 first rounders from the nets deal but you'd think the nets would ATLEAST use the position of power that they had to put some protection on it.

coin24
12-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Of course it should have been protected, taking on JJs horrendous contract:lol nets:facepalm

Aren't you the guy who told us Philly just made the best trade ever for Bynum and other teams were stupid?

hawkfan
12-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Brooklyn Nets: Rebuilding the hawks and celtics since 2013.

Ladies and gentlemen, never trade away all of your draft picks.

They still have one more win than the Knicks.

But yea, keep playing Garnett and Pierce and that will help out the Hawks.

The JKidd Kid
12-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Yep.

CJ Mustard
Have you watched them play?

hawksdogsbraves
Of course it should have been protected, taking on JJs horrendous contract:lol nets:facepalm

Aren't you the guy who told us Philly just made the best trade ever for Bynum and other teams were stupid?

It should have been obviously, but nobody, not you, not Danny Ferry, not me, and definitely not Billy King, thought the Nets would be anywhere near the lottery going into this season.

Dr. Ice
12-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Yep.
Sorry bud.

GOBB
12-06-2013, 12:02 AM
The hawks(and the sixers in your situation) is the desperate team out of the two. The hawks were desperate for a way to unlock themselves from the joe deal. I'll never understand how the hawks got 2 first rounders from the nets deal but you'd think the nets would ATLEAST use the position of power that they had to put some protection on it.

The point is you dont protect a first rd pick when you feel as tho you wont be in the lottery no time soon. Not sure why you missed my point with the hypothetical trades. Nets trading first rd picks did so on the basis they would be low. Neither you nor I saw the Nets being this bad. So what is with the "Why didnt they protect the pick? Har Har Har"

Same reason the NYK didnt protect the first rd pick trading for Carmelo Anthony.

GOBB
12-06-2013, 12:03 AM
It should have been obviously, but nobody, not you, not Danny Ferry, not me, and definitely not Billy King, thought the Nets would be anywhere near the lottery going into this season.

Thank you. That is my point.

GOBB
12-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Have you watched them play?

Yes. I think a combination of the East being weak and Nets winning more games an 7/8 seed is possible. I could be wrong about playoffs but I dont see the Nets in position to win the NBA lottery. I could be wrong on that as well but given their roster and health I think they start winning more games as the season progresses.

GOBB
12-06-2013, 12:10 AM

No I never said the Sixers made the best trade ever for Bynum. What I did say simpleton is the Sixers went out and made a risky trade. That sometimes teams need to do that instead of playing it safe all the time. I specifically targetting the Cavs for stockpiling all the young assets that sacrificing some is a risky move but not a bad one.

Here we are today the Cavs didnt make a risky trade and guess what? 6-12. So my point back then was if the Cavs made a risky trade the outcome wouldnt be no different than if they stood pat.

Explaining this to you is probably a waste of time given you'll reply with something totally off from what my point was in that thread.

But hey you're a psychic and foresaw the Nets being a potential lottery team when they traded an unprotected first rd pick. So what do I know? :rolleyes:

That is sarcasm by the way. Seems I have to point out quite a bit to you.

Legends66NBA7
12-06-2013, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets win the division. Literally every team in the Atlantic has a chance.

redboy
12-06-2013, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets win the division. Literally every team in the Atlantic has a chance.
what happens if the 76ers make the playoffs?
now that would be some underdog story

GOBB
12-06-2013, 12:20 AM

Then I will kill myself.

Dr. Ice
12-06-2013, 01:29 AM
The point is you dont protect a first rd pick when you feel as tho you wont be in the lottery no time soon. Not sure why you missed my point with the hypothetical trades. Nets trading first rd picks did so on the basis they would be low. Neither you nor I saw the Nets being this bad. So what is with the "Why didnt they protect the pick? Har Har Har"

Same reason the NYK didnt protect the first rd pick trading for Carmelo Anthony.

I understood your point but it still doesnt stop it from being a terrible decision by the nets.

I dont care how good i think my team is going to be, i'm the one in the power position of the trade. I'm making my picks protected.

coin24
12-06-2013, 01:36 AM
No I never said the Sixers made the best trade ever for Bynum. What I did say simpleton is the Sixers went out and made a risky trade. That sometimes teams need to do that instead of playing it safe all the time. I specifically targetting the Cavs for stockpiling all the young assets that sacrificing some is a risky move but not a bad one.

Here we are today the Cavs didnt make a risky trade and guess what? 6-12. So my point back then was if the Cavs made a risky trade the outcome wouldnt be no different than if they stood pat.

Explaining this to you is probably a waste of time given you'll reply with something totally off from what my point was in that thread.

But hey you're a psychic and foresaw the Nets being a potential lottery team when they traded an unprotected first rd pick. So what do I know? :rolleyes:

That is sarcasm by the way. Seems I have to point out quite a bit to you.

Is it lonely up there on your high horse GOBB?

GOBB
04-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Nets Hawks and Wiggins. Ummmm yea. Hilarious bump.

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Nets Hawks and Wiggins. Ummmm yea. Hilarious bump.

:oldlol:

Would have... but in the end, they are who we thought they were.

Eric Cartman
04-03-2014, 11:02 AM
:oldlol:

Would have... but in the end, they are who we thought they were.

And we let them off the hook.

Dr. Ice
04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Curse you guys.