PDA

View Full Version : Billy King traded Derrick Favors and eight first round picks for this roster.

R.I.P.
12-05-2013, 11:41 PM
:lol :lol

So far they have lost

Derrick Favors
Damian Lillard
Enes Kanter
Trey Burke (used Nets pick to trade up)

Next they might hand the Hawks a franchise player. :lol

That has to be the worst GM job in league history.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Traded one losing squad for another. :confusedshrug:

The JKidd Kid
12-05-2013, 11:54 PM
He set up 4 different teams with franchise pieces. ****ing pathetic.

FireDavidKahn
12-05-2013, 11:55 PM

So far they have lost

Derrick Favors
Damian Lillard
Enes Kanter

Umm, Utah got Trey Burke from Minny's pick. Not 100% on if that was our own pick or not so:confusedshrug:

R.I.P.
12-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Umm, Utah got Trey Burke from Minny's pick. Not 100% on if that was our own pick or not so:confusedshrug:

It was a partly protected Warriors 1st round pick the Nets owned and traded to the Jazz as part of the Deron deal. Then the Jazz combined it (21st) with their own pick (14th) to get Burke with the 9th pick.

FireDavidKahn
12-06-2013, 12:06 AM
It was a partly protected Warriors 1st round pick the Nets owned and traded to the Jazz as part of the Deron deal. Then the Jazz combined it (21st) with their own pick (14th) to get Burke with the 9th pick.
Doh. Of course.

boozehound
12-06-2013, 12:12 AM
meh, look at the suns selling picks (like Rondo) for straight cash. There are plenty of terrible GMs/FOs

redboy
12-06-2013, 12:14 AM
buyin' old men like the yankees

except they suck

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 12:18 AM

So far they have lost

Derrick Favors
Damian Lillard
Enes Kanter

They could have drafted Andre Drummond instead of Lillard.

How good would a duo of Drummond-Lopez be?

:biggums:

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 12:18 AM
meh, look at the suns selling picks (like Rondo) for straight cash. There are plenty of terrible GMs/FOs

Like Joe Dumars (the Drummond pick notwithstanding over his last five years).

bagelred
12-06-2013, 12:19 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/1z4jssw.png

boozehound
12-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Like Joe Dumars (the Drummond pick notwithstanding over his last five years).
hes been a decent drafter (Knight is his only real flub in the lottery, outside of Darko - who was going in the top 5 regardless) and he has been pretty good at getting value in the second round (Mehmet, Afflalo, Singler, etc.), probably batting around .400. His major weakness has been his FA evaluation and disregard for team construction. He has also been a terrible coach hirer, outside of the fairly obvious right choices he made (Carlisle, Brown - I was so pissed that they fired Carlisle, Saunders).

And the only major pick he has given away is this upcoming one, to get out from under one of his terrible FA acquisitions.

Not to defend Joe D. He has been a trainwreck the last 5 years and is about 3 years past when they should have moved on.

brandonislegend
12-06-2013, 12:50 AM
R.I.P both New York teams are ****ed in the long run.

tpols
12-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Favors sucks.. been in the league a minute and still hasnt improved his game at all.

Kanter is mediocre.. dont even know who trey burke is. Lilliard's the only decent piece and he isnt that good.

A roster of lilliard/burke/favors/filler/lopez doesnt win more than 35 games...

Plus King has a russian billionaire behind him who has voiced his opinion that he wants to win now. Nets are like a new toy to him.. he doesnt want to rebuild slow, just instant gratification. Just as much his fault as Kings for rushing everything.

Bosnian Sajo
12-06-2013, 01:13 AM

Wow...what in the world were they thinking. :eek:

MiseryCityTexas
12-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Favors is playing good this year though. Favors is better than everyone on the Nets front court not named brook lopez and kg.

All Net
12-06-2013, 02:34 AM
He set up 4 different teams with franchise pieces. ****ing pathetic.

:lol

And1AllDay
12-06-2013, 02:38 AM
Nets went into win now mode with deep pockets owner and it's costing them dearly since they're not working out right now.

francesco totti
12-06-2013, 03:00 AM
worst gm ever, wish AI had to deal with someone better then him in sixers days

fiddy
12-06-2013, 03:23 AM
If i was a Nets fan id kill myself.

crunk-juice
12-06-2013, 03:37 AM
honestly some of the worst decisions I've seen in any sport.

the hiring of Kidd as head coach among them.

I<3NBA
12-06-2013, 03:37 AM
i knew the moment BK was given a blank check that he'd go out and create a train wreck.

Alan Ogg
12-06-2013, 04:00 AM
They still have time to at least make the playoffs. Lopez alone should be enough to take a team there in the East.

Nets fan 93
12-06-2013, 04:41 AM
This season ain't over yet. Really gonna make a thread about a team that doesn't have deron, Terry, Pierce, kirilenko? Please... The picks have been gone. Why is this all of a sudden breaking news?

East_Stone_Ya
12-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Favors sucks.. been in the league a minute and still hasnt improved his game at all.

Kanter is mediocre.. dont even know who trey burke is. Lilliard's the only decent piece and he isnt that good.

A roster of lilliard/burke/favors/filler/lopez doesnt win more than 35 games...

Plus King has a russian billionaire behind him who has voiced his opinion that he wants to win now. Nets are like a new toy to him.. he doesnt want to rebuild slow, just instant gratification. Just as much his fault as Kings for rushing everything.

:rolleyes:

:facepalm

BoutPractice
12-06-2013, 08:04 AM
It was a gamble and it's backfired spectacularly.

You can somewhat understand the decision because they went all-in for a championship in 2014 (with outside chance at 2015). Had they won a championship one of those years, it would have excused years of mediocrity later (speaking as a Mavs fan, just one championship makes everything worth it).

So there was upside to the strategy... just huge downside as well. The problem is that if they truly wanted to go all in with a veteran team... they needed to bring along a proven, experienced head coach and establish a "'mission" identity ala 2008 celtics and 2011 mavs from the start... (They could've brought in Kidd as an assistant coach if they wanted to) But even taking this into account there was always a risk of injury.

CelticBaller
12-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Lol we're going to build a super team on top 5 picks alone :lol

Real Men Wear Green
12-06-2013, 09:42 AM
This season ain't over yet. Really gonna make a thread about a team that doesn't have deron, Terry, Pierce, kirilenko? Please... The picks have been gone. Why is this all of a sudden breaking news?
You will be making this complaint in some form all season. That's the problem with an old roster.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-06-2013, 09:58 AM

It's ridiculous isn't it? We might not swap picks in 2015 but there's even chance we're better in 2017 and then we flat out take their picks in '16 and '18... real chance at 3 or 4 lottery picks there.

niko
12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
You will be making this complaint in some form all season. That's the problem with an old roster.
Plus Pierce and Terry have been terrible. Them being out removes two of the worst performing pieces from the roster so far.

Listening to Net fans in the NY area, i get the feeling some of them just took a vacation for a few years because their analysis of some of the players was baffling. AK47 was going to be a Lebron stopper, and everyone seems really surprised he got hurt. Livingston after a few good games was going to replace Deron as starter. They wondered why Terry was so slow, and want Anderson to start. These are all things that are pretty evident are wrong if you watched these players at all recently.

kurple
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
boston HAS to win the division. no way in hell the raptors win it

Thorpesaurous
12-06-2013, 11:02 AM
The move was to sacrifice seasons 3, 4, and 5 years from now in exchange for a two year window at contending for a title. The problem is two fold. One they had little control over. Pierce and Garnett have lost significant ability. Perhaps it's a matter of trying to teach old dogs new tricks. Perhaps it's just father time coincidentally catching up to both of them at once. Garnett had a very good season last year. There was little reason to think he'd be this bad. Minutes and injuries were going to be a problem, but they were to be handled. The pieces fit on the floor, although you had to wonder about locker room fit. Would Lopez and Deron regress with these guys in their face, because it's hard to accept a pair of new big dogs barking at you, especially when they are definitively lesser players. Are they not rising to the occasion as to not step on the older guys' toes?

The second issue was discussed at length prior to the season, and is again now, and is probably a bigger part of the what's going on than it's even being given credit for. Kidd looks awfull on the sidelines. I'm surprised how bad he appears to be, but even thinking he could be a good coach someday, you can't try this hard to chase a ring with an old roster with this raw a coach. They should've made a godfather deal to Van Gundy. Hell either Van Gundy. Or a couple other possible candidates.

niko
12-06-2013, 11:08 AM
The move was to sacrifice seasons 3, 4, and 5 years from now in exchange for a two year window at contending for a title. The problem is two fold. One they had little control over. Pierce and Garnett have lost significant ability. Perhaps it's a matter of trying to teach old dogs new tricks. Perhaps it's just father time coincidentally catching up to both of them at once. Garnett had a very good season last year. There was little reason to think he'd be this bad. Minutes and injuries were going to be a problem, but they were to be handled. The pieces fit on the floor, although you had to wonder about locker room fit. Would Lopez and Deron regress with these guys in their face, because it's hard to accept a pair of new big dogs barking at you, especially when they are definitively lesser players. Are they not rising to the occasion as to not step on the older guys' toes?

The second issue was discussed at length prior to the season, and is again now, and is probably a bigger part of the what's going on than it's even being given credit for. Kidd looks awfull on the sidelines. I'm surprised how bad he appears to be, but even thinking he could be a good coach someday, you can't try this hard to chase a ring with an old roster with this raw a coach. They should've made a godfather deal to Van Gundy. Hell either Van Gundy. Or a couple other possible candidates.
Stan maybe. JVG doesn't like Brooklyn. He is friends with PJ and Billy King mentioned him by name while PJ was on the job, and Van Gundy asked them not to discuss him in their position unless it's after the season. He;s really salty on the Nets, calls them unproffesional.

Nets fan 93
12-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm not too sure of that.

Nets fan 93
12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Plus Pierce and Terry have been terrible. Them being out removes two of the worst performing pieces from the roster so far.

Listening to Net fans in the NY area, i get the feeling some of them just took a vacation for a few years because their analysis of some of the players was baffling. AK47 was going to be a Lebron stopper, and everyone seems really surprised he got hurt. Livingston after a few good games was going to replace Deron as starter. They wondered why Terry was so slow, and want Anderson to start. These are all things that are pretty evident are wrong if you watched these players at all recently.
I'm pretty sure pierce and Terry are out because they have been battling those injuries since pre season. The firs MRI couldn't find pierce's fracture? What doctor can't find a fracture? Such a lie. They're giving them rest

niko
12-06-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm pretty sure pierce and Terry are out because they have been battling those injuries since pre season. The firs MRI couldn't find pierce's fracture? What doctor can't find a fracture? Such a lie. They're giving them rest
You're losing every day but you're resting players. That makes no sense at all. this is what i mean, did Net fans not see these guys last year? They were pretty freaking bad in the playoffs. Terry everyone remembers that one game but Terry all series was missing (badly) wide open knick defense open shots. Pierce was being played by Shump with Shump basically double teaming off of him.

Every single Net could be healthy and it doesn't change the fact that the Nets who lacked athleticism and speed and toughness only received one of those things with their offseason moves. A perfectly healthy Net team is a decent team. It's really the same thing as the Knicks, the ceiling isn't as high as people want it to be (nowhere near) and the ceiling is if everything breaks right, and it's clearly not going to.

veilside23
12-06-2013, 07:03 PM
It was mentioned in the game vs new york you wouldnt think that Kidd envisioned his starters as
livingston
anderson
johnson
kg
lopez

and a bench of
taylor
mirza
plumlee
blatche

and to see deron williams this bad...

i really hope they have williams back and kirlenko atleast before the end of this month. if they really want to atleast make the playoffs.

As a gm and i think isiah thomas is still hof caliber.