PDA

View Full Version : Per Stein, Rockets determined to trade Asik by Dec 19th

Levity
12-06-2013, 02:51 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/409011163578388480

"Hearing this strong: Rockets determined to trade Omer Asik by Dec. 19 at latest and have ramped up discussions with potential trade partners"

Judging by the fact that Terrence Jones minutes are going down, and Caspi's are increasing, it seems like the rockets really want a stretch 4.

At this point, Ryno is out of the question due to how great hes playing coupled with Davis' injury

So what other stretch 4 is there (and yeah im just speculating they want a stretch 4, but i could be wrong)

Ersan Ilyasova? In my opinion, hed be perfect next to dwight in the rockets 4 out system. Rebounds, can defend, and scores at an efficient rate while being a good 3 pt shooter

Sanders is out for at least 3 more weeks, so asik would be a nice fill in for the time being. but he'd face the same issues hes facing in hou, a potential back up to the teams franchise center (sanders). but maybe drew could make it work. zaza's hurt and has been worse and worse every game, so there isnt too much competition for minutes on that team

Why the bucks do it? that, i dont know. but the moves this team made this past offseason left me scratching my head, so why not keep it consistent.

kurple
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
bucks not doing this

kurple
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
nuggets should jump on this. maybe not trade for Asik, but we'd be a good 3rd team

bagelred
12-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Anyone who makes a trade with Morey is a moron. He rapes you everytime.

Mr Exlax
I honestly have no idea who we're gonna try to get. I read that we're trying to get a lottery pick in order to repackage and land another superstar. Love, Melo, and I dunno who else is gonna be a free agent.

niko
Asik has shown that if not happy, he'll whine. If you get him on the bucks, it's 2 years and out, while making you slightly better at a time you are probably better off being worse.

bagelred
12-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Asik has shown that if not happy, he'll whine. If you get him on the bucks, it's 2 years and out, while making you slightly better at a time you are probably better off being worse.

And that is what's wrong with the NBA. This tanking shit is getting ridiculous.

Genaro
12-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Why would the Bucks do it? They would be paying a lot o f money for a backup center.

kurple
12-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I honestly have no idea who we're gonna try to get. I read that we're trying to get a lottery pick in order to repackage and land another superstar. Love, Melo, and I dunno who else is gonna be a free agent.
why would ANYONE give up a lottery pick for Asik? maybe a pick in the late 20's

kurple
12-06-2013, 03:03 PM
agreed big time.

Burgz V2
12-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Anyone who makes a trade with Morey is a moron. He rapes you everytime.

everytime. always gets a ton of picks in every trade. one of the most patient GMs in the league he never pulls the trigger when he doesnt have to

makes me believe this is bogus. deadline day more likely unless Asik is actually hurting them

Mr Exlax
12-06-2013, 03:04 PM

I have no idea in all honesty. It's just something I read on another board. It's all just chatter.

Levity
12-06-2013, 03:07 PM
What about something revolving around Frye for Asik? Or has plumlee been playing well enough to keep his starting spot all year while len is dealing with injuries.

kurple
12-06-2013, 03:08 PM
What about something revolving around Frye for Asik? Or has plumlee been playing well enough to keep his starting spot all year while len is dealing with injuries.
thats more like it

IGOTGAME
12-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Too bad the Lakers couldnt get him.

Lakers Trade
Pau Gasol
Jordan Farmar

Rockets Trade

Omar Asik
Jeremy Lin

Perfect Trade for Both teams

GOBB
12-06-2013, 03:16 PM

What were your NYK doing when Lebron James was approaching free agency?

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Luis Scola would be a great power forward for Houston.
Oops - Houston no longer has him.

wally_world
12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
We'll give you KPerk and JLamb back

Lin
Goatbrook
Goatrant
Ibaka
Asik

=

rings

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 04:04 PM

What is your team doing right now?

ZenMaster
12-06-2013, 05:07 PM

Because he's one of the best defensive centers in the game and is OK for offense.

longtime lurker
12-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Rockets won't be moving Asik for anything if they don't come off of their pipe dream of 2 first round picks for him.

boozehound
12-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Honestly, I like Ersan more than anderson. Not quite as deadeye a shooter, but a better defender and probably a better rebounder

Miles and Miles
12-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Kings and Rockets constantly trade players back and forth. Just putting it out there.

Mr Exlax
12-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Kings and Rockets constantly trade players back and forth. Just putting it out there.

Cousins for Asik?

niko
12-06-2013, 05:54 PM
You have people overvaluing and undervaluing Asik ridiculously in this thread.

Miles and Miles
12-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Cousins for Asik?

There is only one untradable player on the Kings and you named him. Not my rule, but it's theirs.

Crown&Coke
12-06-2013, 06:22 PM
The Kings are the first team that I thought of too. Jason Thompson gives them a shooting big, but Sactown isn't giving up a pick I'm guessing

Portland was rumored to be interested in Asik. But the guy they would want to send out is Lopez who gives them the same problem as Asik

Maybe Philly? They aint at the salary floor yet, they should be in the market to add salary. But what would they give up?

I kind of want to see what Morey pulls out of his hat this time.

Miles and Miles
12-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Any of our bigs would fit that bill. Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, or Pattrick Patterson. Only other big on the roster besides DMC is Chuck Hayes.

bagelred
12-06-2013, 06:28 PM
everytime. always gets a ton of picks in every trade. one of the most patient GMs in the league he never pulls the trigger when he doesnt have to

makes me believe this is bogus. deadline day more likely unless Asik is actually hurting them

Could be Asik's agent leaked this to try to put pressure to make something happen.

bagelred
12-06-2013, 06:32 PM
What were your NYK doing when Lebron James was approaching free agency?

Knicks didn't tank really. They just didn't make moves that would affect future cap space.

Tanking is where you makes moves to lose games on purpose.

What is your team doing right now?

Losing, not tanking, hawkdunce. Can you for once have a logical thought?

What I'm talking about is system needs changing so there is never incentive to be bad and give talent away just to purposely lose games.

Vancouver-Grizz
12-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Asik for Bargs?

GOBB
12-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Knicks didn't tank really. They just didn't make moves that would affect future cap space.

List those teams that are doing that now.

Mr Know It All
12-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Asik would only really fit on a contender or a team on the cusp. But why would a lottery team sacrifice a stretch 4 for Asik and possibly a crappy draft pick? There are many stupid GMs in this league, so I won't be surprised if Morey is able to dupe someone into making such a trade with the promise that Asik will pull young assets before the deadline.

As far as the contenders are concerned, all these teams could use Asik's services:

Miami
OK City
Dallas
New Orleans (Could be a devastating defensive pair up with Davis)

Brooklyn and New York are both outsiders, and I don't know if Brooklyn even has anymore first round picks to throw away at this point. Of the four teams listed above, only OKC, Dallas, and New Orleans have the assets (IMO) to snag Asik.

New Orleans has Ryan Anderson. OK City has young talent to throw around. And Dallas has several young points and Brandan Wright, a 4 who can score very efficiently (though he has been out thus far this season.

No doubt none of these teams will snag him though, especially division and Western conference rivals in Dallas and OKC. A motivated Asik against Dwight Howard in the playoffs could spell real trouble for Houston. Best move would be to ship him out east or to a Western conference bottom feeder, so no doubt that is what Morey will do.

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Can you for once have a logical thought?

This is a rich statement considering the source.

The Knicks are tanking; they just don't realize they don't have their first round pick this year. The Knicks aren't clever enough to realize this.

BlazerRed
12-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Asik would only really fit on a contender or a team on the cusp. But why would a lottery team sacrifice a stretch 4 for Asik and possibly a crappy draft pick? There are many stupid GMs in this league, so I won't be surprised if Morey is able to dupe someone into making such a trade with the promise that Asik will pull young assets before the deadline.

As far as the contenders are concerned, all these teams could use Asik's services:

Miami
OK City
Dallas
New Orleans (Could be a devastating defensive pair up with Davis)

Brooklyn and New York are both outsiders, and I don't know if Brooklyn even has anymore first round picks to throw away at this point. Of the four teams listed above, only OKC, Dallas, and New Orleans have the assets (IMO) to snag Asik.

New Orleans has Ryan Anderson. OK City has young talent to throw around. And Dallas has several young points and Brandan Wright, a 4 who can score very efficiently (though he has been out thus far this season.

No doubt none of these teams will snag him though, especially division and Western conference rivals in Dallas and OKC. A motivated Asik against Dwight Howard in the playoffs could spell real trouble for Houston. Best move would be to ship him out east or to a Western conference bottom feeder, so no doubt that is what Morey will do.

OKC has the picks/young talent to throw around, but they don't have the extra money that will come with Asik's contract next year, and we've seen the owners are not willing to go into the luxury tax. They would have to somehow get rid of Perkin contract which, lets face is, is nearly impossible until it's at least an expiring.

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Yea, what the Knicks are doing now.

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Asik for Bargs?

That would be good for Houston, but Asik and Chandler next to each other on offense - would that work?

jzek
12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Do your magic Pat Riley!

BlazerRed
12-06-2013, 07:19 PM
That would be good for Houston, but Asik and Chandler next to each other on offense - would that work?
No.

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 07:39 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where forever happens amazingly):

Sixers get

Omer Asik

Rockets get

Spencer Hawes

Hawes can play the stretch four for the Rockets, and also play some back up center.

Asik takes over the center duties for the Sixers.

ballinhun8
12-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Boozer or Deng for Asik.

We'll take him back in Chicago. If we lose Boozer, then we just plug Gibson in at PF and still have the same salary cap situation. If we lose Deng, well, then our salary does get tied up into some big contracts and it will almost guarantee that we amnesty Boozer in the off-season. But it gives us the same depth in the frontcourt as 2011.

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Boozer or Deng for Asik.

We'll take him back in Chicago. If we lose Boozer, then we just plug Gibson in at PF and still have the same salary cap situation. If we lose Deng, well, then our salary does get tied up into some big contracts and it will almost guarantee that we amnesty Boozer in the off-season. But it gives us the same depth in the frontcourt as 2011.

The Rockets might be trying to move Lin and Asik to bring in Carmelo Anthony.

R.I.P.
12-06-2013, 09:58 PM
The Rockets might be trying to move Lin and Asik to bring in Carmelo Anthony.

Parsons is the guy that makes that whole team go. For their on and off-court chemistry he

hawkfan
12-06-2013, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Parsons is the guy that makes that whole team go. For their on and off-court chemistry he

VIP2000
12-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Any of our bigs would fit that bill. Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, or Pattrick Patterson. Only other big on the roster besides DMC is Chuck Hayes.

Lol, 3 out of 4 of those guys used to be Rockets.