PDA

View Full Version : Melo trying to recruit Rondo says former Oak Hill Coach

TheReal Kendall
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/former-coach-says-melo-wants-rondo-on-the-knicks-1.6555975

I think this would be great but they need to get rid of the Smith bros and they need another Big to help Chandler.

Well they really need a lot of pieces

bluechox2
12-06-2013, 07:59 PM
melo rondo and another real max player (klove?) will make us contenders once again

possibly resign chandler for half the price tag and hopeb y then, timmy jr will be a threat

Legends66NBA7
12-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Make his job even more simple. Score and rebound.

Don't think he would be Durant-esque, though.

Mr. Incredible
Only way Melo wins is if he's on Team USA.

CelticBaller
Melo needs to hop off Rondo's dick or get his GM to actually give us someone worth Rondo

STATUTORY
12-06-2013, 08:04 PM
that would actually be a good fit, Melo would need to learn to defer to Rondo and let Rondo handle the playmaking and refrain from reverting to iso ball

Real Men Wear Green
12-06-2013, 08:18 PM
From the link:
If Ainge fears he may lose his star point guard, he might pull the trigger on something...In 2015.

bluechox2
12-06-2013, 08:22 PM
we got draft picks to burn, 2020 2021, lets make a deal boston

Real Men Wear Green
12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
One thing I wonder: Is Melo willing to change? Because offensively the way Rondo plays with his strengths and weaknesses Rondo would just be a liability playing off the ball for a primary scorer that only seems to pass when the teammate is wide open for a jumper. Rondo has developed a little range but his jumper was still below-average the last time we saw him. To get the most out of Rondo he has to have the ball in his hands so Anthony would have to accept playing off the ball a lot more. What I wonder most about Knick Melo is whether he was told to try and score every time he touches the ball or if it's just what he feels like doing.

Also, if Rondo can clash with Doc over offensive philosophy Woodson would have no hope.

All that said for a number of reasons I don't see the Celtics and Knicks coming to terms on a trade that doesn't involve Anthony. IT would have to be in free agency and there seems to be a good chance that Melo leaves. Recruiting Rondo right now is useless because Rondo couldn't force a deal to NY even if he wanted to. No leverage until next year and I bet Ainge lets him walk for nothing before he accepts a deal where the Cs lose out.

edit: typo

TheReal Kendall
12-06-2013, 08:50 PM
One thing I wonder: Is Melo willing to change? Because offensively the way Rondo plays with his strengths and weaknesses Rondo would just be a liability playing off the ball for a primary scorer that only seems to pass when the teammate is wide open for a jumper. Rondo has developed a little range but his jumper was still below-average the last time we saw him. To get the most out of Rondo he has to have the ball in his hands so Anthony would have to accept playing off the ball a lot more. What I wonder most about Knick Melo is whether he was told to try and score every time he touches the ball or if it's something he was just told to do.

Also, if Rondo can clash with Doc over offensive philosophy Woodson would have no hope.

All that said for a number of reasons I don't see the Celtics and Knicks coming to terms on a trade that doesn't involve Anthony. IT would have to be in free agency and there seems to be a good chance that Melo leaves. Recruiting Rondo right now is useless because Rondo couldn't force a deal to NY even if he wanted to. No leverage until next year and I bet Ainge lets him walk for nothing before he accepts a deal where the Cs lose out.

True.

ProfessorMurder
12-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Aren't the Celtics in a better position to recruit Melo than the NYK are to get Rondo?

iDunk
12-06-2013, 11:37 PM
@FisolaNYDN 11m

Carmelo Anthony on him allegedly recruiting Rajon Rondo: "C'mon, I can't talk about that. In my book that's tampering."

He didn't say no. He could've denied it, but instead he said I can't talk about that. Good shit Melo. Man, if we got Rondo..

sejoon101
12-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Rondo isn't wearing nothing but Green. Keep dreaming.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/PCX0S.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/PCX0S.gif.html)

niko
12-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Aren't the Celtics in a better position to recruit Melo than the NYK are to get Rondo?
No because your chances of recruiting Melo are zero and negative chances are impossible.

Scholar
12-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Melo + Rondo to LAL. Make it happen, Mitch.

iDunk
12-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Rondo isn't wearing nothing but Green. Keep dreaming.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/PCX0S.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/PCX0S.gif.html)
http://i40.tinypic.com/2wo9jbk.jpg

Pondering what he looks like in blue & orange.

niko
12-06-2013, 11:54 PM
You don't have the cap space.

Scholar
12-06-2013, 11:59 PM
You don't have the cap space.

What?! NBA players will take pay cuts to play with middle aged, returning-from-injury Kobe Bryant. Don'tcha know?

sejoon101
12-06-2013, 11:59 PM

LOL riiiiight.

CelticBaller
12-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Lol hop off Rondo's dick bandwagoners

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't know what these teams cap situations look like, but it seems more likely that Melo would leave for Boston and play for a smart FO with a good coach then go to the Knicks with an awful coach and even worse FO.

bluechox2
12-07-2013, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=sejoon101]Rondo isn't wearing nothing but Green. Keep dreaming.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.9442.1313659238!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/gal-best-23-jpg.jpg

Trentknicks
12-07-2013, 01:50 AM
I don't know what these teams cap situations look like, but it seems more likely that Melo would leave for Boston and play for a smart FO with a good coach then go to the Knicks with an awful coach and even worse FO.
Last year the Knicks achieved just as much as the Atlanta Hawks ever have, let that sink in for a minute.

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Last year the Knicks achieved just as much as the Atlanta Hawks ever have, let that sink in for a minute.

What does that have to do with anything related to the Knicks, the Celtics, or this discussion in general?

Oh, that's right, nothing. You're lashing out at the picture in my avatar because you can't defend the fact that the Knicks' coach, roster, and FO are a mess right now.

Trentknicks
12-07-2013, 01:55 AM
What does that have to do with anything related to the Knicks, the Celtics, or this discussion in general?

Oh, that's right, nothing. You're lashing out at the picture in my avatar because you can't defend the fact that the Knicks' coach, roster, and FO are a mess right now.
And what has Atlanta's front office got to show for itself?

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2013, 02:01 AM

Why are you bringing up Atlanta? I never mentioned the Hawks in this thread and they aren't involved in the topic. I could argue for the Hawks front office having been very good in the past two years, but I won't since it has absolutely nothing to do with Melo, Rondo, or their teams.

Do you argue though that the Knicks have a better coaching and FO situation than the Celtics? What benefit other than playing in NYC, (which is a big benefit, I will admit) is there for Rondo to jump ship? I'm not trying to troll here I want to have an honest discussion.

Amar'e_Juwanna
12-07-2013, 05:36 AM
What benefit other than playing in NYC, (which is a big benefit, I will admit) is there for Rondo to jump ship? I'm not trying to troll here I want to have an honest discussion.

Winning...

davehos
12-07-2013, 05:38 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/former-coach-says-melo-wants-rondo-on-the-knicks-1.6555975

I think this would be great but they need to get rid of the Smith bros and they need another Big to help Chandler.

Well they really need a lot of pieces

Rondo is a winner. Any team would be lucky to have him.

ihatetimthomas
12-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Rondo is a winner. Any team would be lucky to have him.

I agree. Rondo is a proven player and a proven winner in the biggest games. He is a guy who also elevates his game in the postseason. Rondo has his faults, but there is no disputing that he can get it done when it counts and can impact the game in many ways. He has always been underrated.

El Kabong
12-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Eh? Rondo isn't a free agent until 2015. Melo can recruit him all he wants, but unless they give up something to get him (which they don't have) in a trade then they'll be waiting a long time to get him.

kurple
12-07-2013, 08:46 AM
it's not like knicks have anything the celtics want (Amare has no value, i dont care how big an expiring he will be next year)

and why would rondo force a trade from the best team in the division, to a team in the race for wiggins (currently on a two game winningstreak because of crazy heat from behind the arc)

Shade8780
12-07-2013, 09:25 AM
I want Rondo to stay here, but if he has to go...

Trade Rondo, Brandon Bass and MarShon Brooks to the Kings for Ben McLemore, Jimmer Fredette, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and John Salmons along with the Kings's 2015 and/or 2016 1st rounders.

BlackVVaves
12-07-2013, 09:34 AM

You sound like a child. What he said was related to the topic, what you combatted was immature banter. Grow up.

Blue&Orange
12-07-2013, 09:48 AM
it's not like knicks have anything the celtics want (Amare has no value, i dont care how big an expiring he will be next year)

and why would rondo force a trade from the best team in the division, to a team in the race for wiggins (currently on a two game winningstreak because of crazy heat from behind the arc)
lol this loser still butthurt. So the rest of the players beside Melo and Bargs FINALLY not looking like D-League material = fluke :lol :roll:

Dont' worry pal, healthy Knicks and playing to their potential still better than the Nuggets, just like last year.

niko
12-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Melo isn't lobbying for a trade, he's just keepign touch, telling him IF he has a chance in FA at some point, remember me. How can he lobby a trade? Rondo doesn't trade himself.

el gringos
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I want Rondo to stay here, but if he has to go...

Trade Rondo, Brandon Bass and MarShon Brooks to the Kings for Ben McLemore, Jimmer Fredette, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and John Salmons along with the Kings's 2015 and/or 2016 1st rounders.
I think the kings make alot of sense. Was just about to post a rondo to kings thread. Alot of the same pieces