PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons' funniest article till now

Rose'sACL
12-07-2013, 01:35 AM
"Random Thought: Did you know Nene isn't one of the top-50 rebounders right now? Or that Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner average more rebounds than him? One of the All-Star Weekend events should be a rebounding "competition" called "Brick House" with Nene, Brook Lopez, Andrea Bargnani and Chris Bosh

Inferno
12-07-2013, 01:37 AM
:roll:

Rudy Gay really has become the laughingstock of the NBA :lol

Rose'sACL
12-07-2013, 01:39 AM
i also really hate the kind of praise bosh gets for hitting just mid range jumpers. aldridge plays like that but has actual post moves.
Bosh really stuggles near the basket and is a really bad rebounder given his height and is one of the big reason miami isn't blowing out bad teams. bosh is worse than wade and lebron in the post.
Aldridge averages more rebounds than bosh while being portland's main offensive weapon. if bosh can't play in the post then he should at least try hard for rebounds.

InspiredLebowski
12-07-2013, 01:40 AM
I know it's not the point of the thread, but Lance Stephenson is a truly elite rebounding wing. That dude boards aggressively as hell. He's not corralling long caroms off bricked 3s and stuff, he's swooping in for missed putbacks over the top of bigs. Even when he's having a bad game he's balls out the whole time, dude's fun to watch.

Inferno
12-07-2013, 01:41 AM
i also really hate the kind of praise bosh gets for hitting just mid range jumpers. aldridge plays like that but has actual post moves.
Bosh really stuggles near the basket and is a really bad rebounder given his height and is one of the big reason miami isn't blowing out bad teams.

What happened to Bosh? He was a legit 20/10 guy for a few years. Did he regress or his role in Miami just that much smaller?

RoundMoundOfReb
12-07-2013, 01:44 AM
He's playing a lot better defense now. Putting him out of position for rebounds. Also he's playing the 5 going up against stronger opponents.

InspiredLebowski
12-07-2013, 01:45 AM
his role in Miami just that much smaller?Yes, that. he's still an elite player. But he's got Lebron his team now. People love to malign Bosh but stick him on OKC in place of any of their bigs, or Memphis, or Indy in place of West, a ton of places, and watch what'd happen to those teams.

Rose'sACL
12-07-2013, 01:46 AM
What happened to Bosh? He was a legit 20/10 guy for a few years. Did he regress or his role in Miami just that much smaller?
moving to miami has actually put him on a serious scouting report.
i actually know some people who work in the nba and they always tell me that the only teams about which players really read scouting reports seriously in regular season are the top teams or if the other team has a superstar playing for them.
Bosh might have been a 20/10 guy in Toronto but he was never going to lead any team to even deep playoff runs as the main offensive weapon.

Rose'sACL
12-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Yes, that. he's still an elite player. But he's got Lebron his team now. People love to malign Bosh but stick him on OKC in place of any of their bigs, or Memphis, or Indy in place of West, a ton of places, and watch what'd happen to those teams.
the least he could do is be good on the boards if he has lesser pressure to be an offensive weapon. if he averaged 10 boards a game which should not be hard for him given his height then miami would be in a way better position.

avonbarksdale
12-07-2013, 01:48 AM
derozan imo shouldn't be made fun of for bricking shots he is an actual good player

but rudy gay yes is a chucker who misses all the time

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2013, 01:49 AM
The biggest thing I don't get about this forum is how some people don't like Bill Simmons. He is the GOAT basketball writer, hands down, end of story. This latest article is amazing, just like all of his other NBA stuff.

Rake2204
12-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I hadn't seen the Larry Sanders fight video until reading that article. Hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT_qZvAQfPs

moe94
12-08-2013, 12:44 PM
The biggest thing I don't get about this forum is how some people don't like Bill Simmons. He is the GOAT basketball writer, hands down, end of story. This latest article is amazing, just like all of his other NBA stuff.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9960/xqop.gif

Dude is a glorified version of us and quite frankly probably a worse baller than everyone here, including actual children.

He's made more outlandish statements than true trolls like Skip. At least Skip is entertaining with his dementia.

bagelred
12-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Dude is a glorified version of us and quite frankly probably a worse baller than everyone here, including actual children.

And yet he makes a shitload of money to watch, write, and talk about basketball. Guess he's pretty smart, eh?

moe94
12-08-2013, 01:06 PM
And yet he makes a shitload of money to watch, write, and talk about basketball. Guess he's pretty smart, eh?
You think it takes intelligence to become a critic, especially in the age of information? I'm not saying he's dumb or anything because he's clearly intelligent, at least relative to internet trolls who mock him, but easy there.

no pun intended
12-16-2013, 05:05 AM
so i just finally got to reading this. lmao at the derozan/rudy gay jab

Reggie43
12-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Yes, that. he's still an elite player. But he's got Lebron his team now. People love to malign Bosh but stick him on OKC in place of any of their bigs, or Memphis, or Indy in place of West, a ton of places, and watch what'd happen to those teams.

Youd rather have Bosh in place of West? As an Indy fan I wont be thinking twice in saying no to that deal. I guess youre implying that hed have better stats not making the team better if he replaced west