PDA

View Full Version : Portland beat 3pt % record!

BlazerRed
12-07-2013, 01:59 AM
New record for 3 point shooting percentage when 20 or more shots were attempted. They shot 17/23 tonight, 74%. Ridiculous.

Matthews 4/6
Lillard 5/6

:rockon:

mrpibb
12-07-2013, 02:37 AM
I remember when Wes Matthews was in Utah and Lillard was at Weber State (in Utah). Derrick Favors was -40 tonight.

imnew09
12-07-2013, 02:47 AM
74%? Da Fu

Marchesk
12-07-2013, 02:52 AM
At what point are we supposed to start believing in Portland as legit contenders? Or are they this year's Nuggets?

mrpibb
12-07-2013, 02:57 AM
At what point are we supposed to start believing in Portland as legit contenders? Or are they this year's Nuggets?

When they win the NBA Finals? You believe in them when you believe in them.

All Net
12-07-2013, 03:49 AM

Up to you, they are a legit team. They don't need to make the WCF to be a top contender not with teams like Spurs and Thunder around. They shoot the three very well but have won games when they havn't shot great. With the way Lillard can get into the paint and LA they can get easy points too.

Marchesk
12-07-2013, 04:04 AM
Up to you, they are a legit team. They don't need to make the WCF to be a top contender not with teams like Spurs and Thunder around. They shoot the three very well but have won games when they havn't shot great. With the way Lillard can get into the paint and LA they can get easy points too.

I guess what I'm asking is do they have a shot to beat the Thunder or Spurs in a series? If so, then they're contenders. By shot, I mean realistic chance.

All Net
12-07-2013, 04:36 AM
I guess what I'm asking is do they have a shot to beat the Thunder or Spurs in a series? If so, then they're contenders. By shot, I mean realistic chance.

On current form and if LA keeps up his level? sure. Portland have played Spurs very well for years..they match-up very well. They may not have the star power OKC have but they have a very good good balanced offense to beat them. If they have HCA? they stand a shot.

davehos
12-07-2013, 05:47 AM

It takes a year or two to get into championship form. A seven game series is a tough.

Very few teams, and I can't think of any offhand, came on strong and won it all within a year.

andremiller07
12-07-2013, 05:49 AM
Wow that's insane, when you move the ball and play unselfish wonderful things occur, Blazers become my 2nd favourite team to watch there starting 5 is just pure quality.

davehos
12-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Wow that's insane, when you move the ball and play unselfish wonderful things occur, Blazers become my 2nd favourite team to watch there starting 5 is just pure quality.

Yeah, no doubt. Sad to see the game of the year (so far) ... Pacers @ Spurs isn't even going to be nationally televised. Spurs came to mind due to ball movement. Portland is up a game so it will be interesting to see how the next quarter of basketball plays out.

BlazerRed
12-07-2013, 04:35 PM
:rockon:

DMAVS41
12-07-2013, 04:38 PM

The problem will be that defense
If they get that better.... Watch out

BlazerRed
12-07-2013, 04:47 PM
The problem will be that defense
If they get that better.... Watch out
Yeah, our defence needs to pick up a little. Our offense is amazing atm, and we've been hot shooting, but I fear in a seven game series against the best teams in the playoffs where the defence is tighter our shooting percentage will go down, so we need to be able to keep the opposition from scoring as easy.

TheMarkMadsen
12-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Can we start calling Portland legit title contenders? They've beat the Pacers & OKC and their record speaks for itself.

I unfortunately have not seen a full Portland game this year so i really dont know

edit: i posted when there was 0 reply but i see some others have already asked the same question

BlazerRed
12-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Can we start calling Portland legit title contenders? They've beat the Pacers & OKC and their record speaks for itself.

I unfortunately have not seen a full Portland game this year so i really dont know

edit: i posted when there was 0 reply but i see some others have already asked the same question
We beat the Spurs too :) lost to rockets though.

NumberSix
12-07-2013, 05:37 PM
3 pointers.

Scholar
12-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Portland is a fun team to watch. LA seems to NEVER miss midrange jumpers.

BlazerRed
12-07-2013, 06:26 PM
3 pointers.
Are you disabled?

veilside23
12-07-2013, 06:41 PM
i am rooting for portland to be the elite team again they almost had it number of times... and after the greg oden and brandon roy tragedy its nice to this team clicking again...

with how this game is played they have the weapons to actually beat most teams on a 7 game series.

3 point shooting is how the game is played and ball movement these days...

same reason why spurs are clicking ...

kurple
12-07-2013, 06:46 PM

nuggets won against good teams last year as well

this portland team looks very promising, but lets not get carried away

andremiller07
12-07-2013, 07:01 PM
nuggets won against good teams last year as well

this portland team looks very promising, but lets not get carried away
Better bigs (1 superstar big) and better three point shooting than Denver completely different teams one was built for the playoffs one was not (when Gallo went down).