PDA

View Full Version : George Karl throwing MELO under the bus

francesco totti
12-07-2013, 05:22 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1877640-george-karl-jabs-at-carmelo-anthony-says-he-doesnt-produce-championships

Coach George Karl on Carmelo Anthony: "He's an individual that produces individual success but doesn't produce Championships". @ESPNNBA

Not sure if this was posted, think it was very ugly thing to say by karl.
Not a nice move.

davehos
12-07-2013, 05:26 AM
George Karl is a good coach. We saw what happened in NY with "Linsanity" ... there's only room for one star in New York and it's 30 points, 2 assists in the form of Carmelo Anthony.

Sarcastic
12-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Dude is salty as fvck. He couldn't get out of the first round if he had prime Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilt, and Russell.

His greatest accomplishment post Carmelo is coming back from 3-1 down vs the Lakers to get a game 7. :oldlol:

sejoon101
12-07-2013, 05:32 AM
George Karl is a good coach. We saw what happened in NY with "Linsanity" ... there's only room for one star in New York and it's 30 points, 2 assists in the form of Carmelo Anthony.

What on earth does Karl have to do with Lin???

He coached Melo in Denver so he probably saw something with Melos personality or playing style up and close.

francesco totti
12-07-2013, 05:34 AM
he threw ray allen, iverson and melo now all under the bus

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-07-2013, 05:35 AM
I take no issue with what he said.
Look at what happens when Melo doesn't hog the ball trying to play hero ball, and let's his team mates take open shots in rhythm while he has more energy to crash the boards and play passable defense.

The Knicks start a win streak in two impressive blow outs, albeit against sub par competition.

davehos
12-07-2013, 05:37 AM
What on earth does Karl have to do with Lin???

He coached Melo in Denver so he probably saw something with Melos personality or playing style up and close.

Karl? Nothing. Melo. Everything.

You missed the point. Maybe I'm too drunk to be coherent. :rockon:

Melo takes too many shots. If he wants to win he needs to learn to pass the ball.

RoseCity07
12-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Dude is salty as fvck. He couldn't get out of the first round if he had prime Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilt, and Russell.

His greatest accomplishment post Carmelo is coming back from 3-1 down vs the Lakers to get a game 7. :oldlol:

What should we say about Jerry Sloan post Stockton and Malone? What did he do? Is he a terrible coach too? You're sounding like a salty Knicks fan. Don't you get it? The Knicks suck. Why are you defending that chucker?

It is Carmelo's fault. You think guys want to play hard when they never get the ball? It's a team sport. Guys play harder when the ball moves. If Melo has 15-20 PPG they'd be a better team.

The concept goes like this: if 5 players score, they all are into the game, that means they all want to play defense. When one guy scores the other players aren't involved and they tune out on both ends. Guys have to play for each other. Melo doesn't understand that.

All Net
12-07-2013, 06:12 AM
I take no issue with what he said.
Look at what happens when Melo doesn't hog the ball trying to play hero ball, and let's his team mates take open shots in rhythm while he has more energy to crash the boards and play passable defense.

The Knicks start a win streak in two impressive blow outs, albeit against sub par competition.

Which makes it hard to judge right now.

Sarcastic
12-07-2013, 07:04 AM
What should we say about Jerry Sloan post Stockton and Malone? What did he do? Is he a terrible coach too? You're sounding like a salty Knicks fan. Don't you get it? The Knicks suck. Why are you defending that chucker?

It is Carmelo's fault. You think guys want to play hard when they never get the ball? It's a team sport. Guys play harder when the ball moves. If Melo has 15-20 PPG they'd be a better team.

The concept goes like this: if 5 players score, they all are into the game, that means they all want to play defense. When one guy scores the other players aren't involved and they tune out on both ends. Guys have to play for each other. Melo doesn't understand that.

Yea I'm salty because I am just randomly coming up with comments about George Karl. :roll:

Fact is he was a fail coach in Seattle, he was a fail coach in Milwaukee, and he was a fail coach in Denver.

First coach ever to lose as a 1 seed to a 8 seed. He even failed when he coached Team USA in 2002 FIBA. But that was probably Melo's fault too. :rolleyes:

Myth
12-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Yea I'm salty because I am just randomly coming up with comments about George Karl. :roll:

Fact is he was a fail coach in Seattle, he was a fail coach in Milwaukee, and he was a fail coach in Denver.

First coach ever to lose as a 1 seed to a 8 seed. He even failed when he coached Team USA in 2002 FIBA. But that was probably Melo's fault too. :rolleyes:

Not saying you are salty, but you are coming across as salty though. Instead of defending Melo, you go on the offense against Karl to attack his credibility. This is exactly how somebody who is salty acts.

Sarcastic
12-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Not saying you are salty, but you are coming across as salty though. Instead of defending Melo, you go on the offense against Karl to attack his credibility. This is exactly how somebody who is salty acts.

No. I am basically saying "people that live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones." He is going out of his way to make comments about Melo every chance he gets. It's like every other comment is about Melo. We get it. You are mad. You made your comments last year. Move on.

BlackVVaves
12-07-2013, 08:11 AM
OP, did you actually watch the segment on ESPN that he was on when he made these comments?

Another example of the media extracting comments out of context to provide the platform for much needed hits. The entire exchange composed of the ESPN anchor repeatedly trying to get Karl to say something controversial or negative about the Knicks or Melo. SAS and Skip did the same earlier that day. Karl did his best to take the high road on almost all the questions, and actually complemented Melo many times. When Cowherd called Melo a low ball IQ "caveman," Karl seemed very annoyed and said Melo isn't stupid, that he is very intelligent in regards of grasping basketball. He seemed particularly irritated with Cowherd's comments. He then said, in the context of Melo's career so far, that he has produced individual success but not a championship. Which is entirely true.

He wasn't trying to throw Melo under the bus at all. It was ESPN who's intent was to get Karl to make some sort of disparaging comments about Melo, and it was quite apparent from the structure of their questions throughout the entire day.

And you guys just eat it up.

kurple
12-07-2013, 08:38 AM
i really wish melo would hit back.

typical Karl bullshit

"He's an individual that produces regular season success but doesn't produce Championships" could be said about GK. how many rings does Karl have?

I<3NBA
12-07-2013, 09:34 AM
how many rings does Karl have?
as many as Melo

BlackVVaves
12-07-2013, 09:38 AM
as many as Melo

Considering Karl has been a coach in the league since Melo was in grade school, I wouldn't consider that a debate point.

francesco totti
12-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Back in 2008 he threw AI under the bus

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109907

red1
12-07-2013, 10:11 AM

that's still more than anything the knicks accomplished post-melo

BlackVVaves
12-07-2013, 10:14 AM
that's still more than anything the knicks accomplished post-melo

2nd round exit > 1st round exit? :confusedshrug:

niko
12-07-2013, 10:18 AM
George Karl said Iggy was sabotaging the Nuggets last year secretly as a spy for Mark Jackson. He always does this. He's a jealous guy, he wants to be the star of any team he coaches, and once he's not, he's salty as ****.

CelticBaller
12-07-2013, 10:48 AM
2nd round exit > 1st round exit? :confusedshrug:
Losing in the finals>>>> both

christian1923
12-07-2013, 11:47 AM
This guy coached so many years and never had a clue on how to coach star players. Any bad habits that melo picked up was on karl, he taught him how to play in the nba.

STATUTORY
12-07-2013, 11:58 AM
he ain't lying, it's very difficult to build a championship team around a guy like Melo. Not saying it can't be done. you can feasibly build a championship team around any of the top 15-20 players in the league and have them being the best player on the team. But for some players it's easier than others

Horde of Temujin
12-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Not everybody who recognizes the disaster that is the NY Knicks or acknowledges that Melo is a selfish player is salty.

You should be salty that you have such a shitty arrogant incompetent egomaniacal owner, instead of supporting him.

ZenMaster
12-07-2013, 12:35 PM
This guy coached so many years and never had a clue on how to coach star players. Any bad habits that melo picked up was on karl, he taught him how to play in the nba.

So is Karl also responsible for everything Melo is good at in the NBA? Seems like a contradiction because Karl doesn't know how to coach star players...

chocolatethunder
12-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes exactly. It's not like Payton, Kemp, Schremph, McMillain all had their best years under the guy. Karl is nuts and an asshole but he took a pretty good team and made them an excellent team and took them to the finals to face a far better team. No one was gonna beat that team. You fools are to young to know anything about that.

The Iron Fist
12-07-2013, 12:57 PM
OP, did you actually watch the segment on ESPN that he was on when he made these comments?

Another example of the media extracting comments out of context to provide the platform for much needed hits. The entire exchange composed of the ESPN anchor repeatedly trying to get Karl to say something controversial or negative about the Knicks or Melo. SAS and Skip did the same earlier that day. Karl did his best to take the high road on almost all the questions, and actually complemented Melo many times. When Cowherd called Melo a low ball IQ "caveman," Karl seemed very annoyed and said Melo isn't stupid, that he is very intelligent in regards of grasping basketball. He seemed particularly irritated with Cowherd's comments. He then said, in the context of Melo's career so far, that he has produced individual success but not a championship. Which is entirely true.

He wasn't trying to throw Melo under the bus at all. It was ESPN who's intent was to get Karl to make some sort of disparaging comments about Melo, and it was quite apparent from the structure of their questions throughout the entire day.

And you guys just eat it up.:applause:
Generation Me doesn't understand context.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
12-07-2013, 01:05 PM
So is Karl also responsible for everything Melo is good at in the NBA? Seems like a contradiction because Karl doesn't know how to coach star players...

Should have Mike Brown coach Melo instead with that logic.

I mean, Mike Brown turned Lebron into a top 5 GOAT player, I wonder what he would do with "best scorer in the League" Melo.

BlackVVaves
12-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Losing in the finals>>>> both

Huh?

kurple
12-07-2013, 02:49 PM
George Karl said Iggy was sabotaging the Nuggets last year secretly as a spy for Mark Jackson. He always does this. He's a jealous guy, he wants to be the star of any team he coaches, and once he's not, he's salty as ****.
Well it's true. Iggy the traitor

CelticBaller
12-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Huh?
He coached the Payton Sonics. I think that's his best accomplishment

niko
12-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Well it's true. Iggy the traitor
He wasn't sabotaging you in the playoffs. You sabotage you. You run, your rotation is too big, your go to guy was Andre Miller. That was your problem. Not Iggy.

robert de niro
12-07-2013, 05:22 PM
melo is the one who put himself under the bus, GK is just pointing it out

http://i.imgur.com/70Nn3XG.jpg

NuggetsFan
12-07-2013, 05:29 PM
your go to guy was Andre Miller. That was your problem.

WHAT? Did you miss Ty Lawson ... Knick fans. Truly delusional.

NuggetsFan
12-07-2013, 05:30 PM

Except he's made the finals? And the only reason he doesn't have a ring is because of Jordan. Much like a Barkley or Malone. Such a stupid comment.

I don't even like Karl that much but step yo game up.

Legends66NBA7
12-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Except he's made the finals? And the only reason he doesn't have a ring is because of Jordan. Much like a Barkley or Malone. Such a stupid comment.

I don't even like Karl that much but step yo game up.

Those guys don't have rings because they lost, period. But your right, Karl as accomplished way more than Melo. I can't agree with his statement, though.

NuggetsFan
12-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Those guys don't have rings because they lost, period. But your right, Karl as accomplished way more than Melo. I can't agree with his statement, though.

Yeah stupid statement for sure. Karl hasn't produced any championships either so shouldn't be running his mouth like that.

Still made the finals tho, and was stopped by the GOAT. Next best thing to a championship.

bdreason
12-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Getting tired of hearing this bitter old coach talk shit about everyone.

NuggetsFan
12-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Getting tired of hearing this bitter old coach talk shit about everyone.

Guy just has an extremely big ego.

BlackVVaves
12-07-2013, 06:01 PM
He coached the Payton Sonics. I think that's his best accomplishment

Ahhhhh :cheers:

Ai2death
12-07-2013, 07:21 PM

And you guys just eat it up.

:applause:

LoneyROY7
12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Isn't any slight on Carmelo somewhat of a slight on Karl and his inability to impart better habits on a star player that he coached for 6+ years?

Just saying... :confusedshrug:

ClutchOver9000
12-07-2013, 08:32 PM
:oldlol: I honestly thought this was an old thread that got bumped.

Move on Karl! My god, the guy sounds like a scorned female...