PDA

View Full Version : Can the Heat win the championship this year without Wade?

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 01:08 AM
It has lead me thinking.. since the last two games with Wade sitting out, Lebron playing lethargicly and Heat losing, and the last game where Wade returns and Lebron plays nice and Heat win.

Can a wade-less, Lebron-led Heat team win the 2014 championship?
It would be Lebron-Bosh-Ray-Beasley etc

Can Lebron-led Heat beat the Pacers and the team coming out of the West?
If the answer is no... what does that say about Lebron? Can he not win without 2 all stars, and especially Wade, one of the top 5 SG ever?

HoopsFanNumero1
12-08-2013, 01:10 AM
What would you be without Lebron?

crunk-juice
12-08-2013, 02:27 AM
it wouldn't say anything about LeBron. Indiana is looking scary good, and the Heat outside of the top 3 have a bench of poverty players.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2013, 02:28 AM
I hate LeBron

Intersting post. Will read again.

Rose'sACL
12-08-2013, 02:31 AM
it wouldn't say anything about LeBron. Indiana is looking scary good, and the Heat outside of the top 3 have a bench of poverty players.
top 2 actually. bosh shows up in some some games but overall he is not a superstar.
He is not good in the post so heat can't give him the ball against a big team either.
even if he can't get enough touches because of wade and lebron, he should be getting more rebounds given that he has less pressure on the offensive end. No team can/will ever make a good playoff run with bosh as their best player which is the reason i don't think of him as a superstar.

crunk-juice
12-08-2013, 02:47 AM
top 2 actually. bosh shows up in some some games but overall he is not a superstar.
He is not good in the post so heat can't give him the ball against a big team either.
even if he can't get enough touches because of wade and lebron, he should be getting more rebounds given that he has less pressure on the offensive end. No team can/will ever make a good playoff run with bosh as their best player which is the reason i don't think of him as a superstar.

well I agree overall. saying "top 3" instead of "big 3" was intentional. but Bosh is far from a "poverty player".

BigTicket
12-08-2013, 03:44 AM
No they can't.

But then that's also true for every other team in the league if you remove their 2nd best player.

Pacers couldn't win if you removed Hibbert

Spurs couldn't win if you removed Parker

Thunder couldn't win if you removed Westbrook

etc.

TheCorporation
12-08-2013, 03:55 AM
I'm guessing you can take the second best player from just about any team and they will not win the championship.

OKC without Westbrook? We saw last year.

Knicks without Chandler? We are seeing it now.

Pacers without Hibbert? No way they are going all the way.

I think you get my point...

SacJB Shady
12-08-2013, 04:09 AM
If they play the Spurs, spurs will choke it away as wade wasn't 100 percent last year either

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 04:39 AM
I'm guessing you can take the second best player from just about any team and they will not win the championship.

I think you get my point...
Well most teams don't have 3 all stars...
most teams have 2. You take away 1 and you're left with one guy. The Heat? Take away 1 and you still have plenty..

that's the difference.

TheCorporation
12-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Well most teams don't have 3 all stars...
most teams have 2. You take away 1 and you're left with one guy. The Heat? Take away 1 and you still have plenty..

that's the difference.

Yeah...Point still stands lol

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Yeah...Point still stands lol

You dont need to provide examples for other teams, we all know that's true. However, Miami is unlike all those other teams.

With Wade out, he still has another all star by his side and good supporting players. There have been a lot of superstars in the past that has won with only 1 all star and good role players. He certainly has enough to work with. But can he?

TheCorporation
12-08-2013, 05:02 AM
Why don't you list the teams that can win it all this year, without their second best player? Hell, list any team from any year that would've won it all without their second best player.

I'll wait.

LeBron? No.
Kobe? No.
Jordan? No.

etc.

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 05:06 AM
Why don't you list the teams that can win it all this year, without their second best player? Hell, list any team from any year that would've won it all without their second best player.

I'll wait.

LeBron? No.
Kobe? No.
Jordan? No.

etc.
List me teams in recent years with 3 all stars in the same year. Hell, 3 all star starters. I'll wait.

Hint: No other team can afford to lose a star like the Heat can. Lebron still has a full team to win the championship even with Wade out. If he can't, it's on him.

BigTicket
12-08-2013, 05:07 AM
With Wade out, he still has another all star by his side and good supporting players. There have been a lot of superstars in the past that has won with only 1 all star and good role players. He certainly has enough to work with. But can he?

Bosh averages 14/6/1 this year, those aren't allstar numbers. David West and Serge Ibaka are both playing better than him.

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 05:11 AM
Bosh averages 14/6/1 this year, those aren't allstar numbers. David West and Serge Ibaka are both playing better than him.
Look at the stats of Dream Team in the olympics. Every single member was an star in the NBA, put them in the same team, do you think he'll average the same stats? Do you think they'll still get the same minutes, shots?

Stats don't tell the whole story. When you play with 2 other stars, especially ball dominant ones, your stats go down. Bosh is capable of beating the Spurs by himself (last year), and taking over a game by scoring 9 straight points to lead his team to the win (few weeks ago).

TheCorporation
12-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Look at the stats of Dream Team in the olympics. Every single member was an star in the NBA, put them in the same team, do you think he'll average the same stats? Do you think they'll still get the same minutes, shots?

Stats don't tell the whole story. When you play with 2 other stars, especially ball dominant ones, your stats go down. Bosh is capable of beating the Spurs by himself (last year), and taking over a game by scoring 9 straight points to lead his team to the win (few weeks ago).

I'm not sure if you realize this but Bosh gets the same minutes as all other power forwards. So, what was your point about minutes? :oldlol:

MPG:

Bosh = 28.2
West = 30.4
Boozer = 30.3
Ibaka = 34.3
Dirk = 32.6

Bosh: 14/6
West: 13/7.5
Ibaka: 15/10
Dirk = 21/6
Boozer = 16/9

Yawn. Next.

TheCorporation
12-08-2013, 05:26 AM
I will say this about Bosh, though. He is a great fit for Miami. He is a mobile big, he has a great jump shot, adds spacing for LBJ/Wade drives, he plays good D, he buys into the system, he can shoot the 3-ball, he can go off every now and then for big games.

He isn't a great shot blocker or rebounder, but he does a lot of other things well that the Heat would need/want in a big man.

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 05:27 AM
I'm not sure if you realize this but Bosh gets the same minutes as all other power forwards. So, what was your point about minutes? :oldlol:

MPG:

Bosh = 28.2
West = 30.4
Boozer = 30.3
Ibaka = 34.3
Dirk = 32.6

Bosh: 14/6
West: 13/7.5
Ibaka: 15/10
Dirk = 21/6
Boozer = 16/9

Yawn. Next.
You really think they have the same situation?
Think about Bosh's usage while playing next to Wade and Lebron. Is it the same like when he was in Toronto and depended upon to score? The Heat don't even draw up any plays for him. You're a heat fan, you should know that, no?

Is it the same as Dirk, being an essential part of the offense?

SMH lebronstans :facepalm

TheCorporation
12-08-2013, 05:33 AM
You really think they have the same situation?
Think about Bosh's usage while playing next to Wade and Lebron. Is it the same like when he was in Toronto and depended upon to score? The Heat don't even draw up any plays for him. You're a heat fan, you should know that, no?

Is it the same as Dirk, being an essential part of the offense?

SMH lebronstans :facepalm

So in your world where Super Bosh is on his own team the defense wil be focused on Bosh 100%, so he would score a lot more, right? lol Not to mention his rebounding numbers would...? Go up? Since he will be spending even more energy on offense and now somehow be able to rebound more while being more tired? The Heat are a terrible rebounding team, and Bosh is the tallest player they actively use, so since he could only get 6 rebounds with Miami he would get more if he went to another team?

So in your world where Super Bosh is on his own team, I'm assuming his numbers would go up with ppg, and down with rebounding. Or perhaps stay around the same with rebounding. But what do you think Bosh is really capable of? Dirk is scoring 21, so less than that, right? Or is Bosh a better scorer than Dirk, now?

PS: Not a Lebron Stan, just like to prove people wrong from time to time, versus just reading and laughing and not responding.

lakerspng
12-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Teams win titles. Wade's the second best player on the team and one they rely on heavily. If he can't go come playoff time, I'd have a hard time seeing them win this year as I think the Pacers are a better team overall.

had the Pacers had a little more experience overall, they would have beaten the Heat last season. They had them on the ropes last year but their youth kept them from hitting the knockout punch.

Miami needs LeBron, Wade and Bosh to not only be healthy but playing well for a legitimate shot at 3-peating. Same as any team.

BigTicket
12-08-2013, 05:47 AM
List me teams in recent years with 3 all stars in the same year. Hell, 3 all star starters. I'll wait.

Hint: No other team can afford to lose a star like the Heat can. Lebron still has a full team to win the championship even with Wade out. If he can't, it's on him.

Pistons and Celtics have both had 3+ allstars in recent years, and they couldn't afford to lose any of them either.

TheCorporation
12-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Rip, didn't Kobe have Gasol and Odom (6th man)? A lot of teams that do well usually have 2 all stars and a 6th man award. Is a 6th man not a great achievement? Possibly as good as the coveted All star appearance?

OKC with KD, Westbrook, and Harden
MJ with Pippen and Kukoc

etc.

And of course, Kobe with Gasol and D12...

:coleman:

Dirk with Chandler and Terry (6th man)

etc.

I don't get your point anyway, you never answer my questions, you just answer them with weird agenda filled question. My statement STILL stands.

Please name me ONE team that would win a Championship if they lost their second best player. I'll wait.

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Sorry im on my phone and can't reply fully. My point was that heat doesnt belong in those teams because they have 3 all stars, whereas other teams only have 2 max. Therefore when they lose one, of course they can't win it all.

Also, odom was never an all star when kobe and pau were. There were never 3 all stars together on the kobe lakers. Not even last year.

Fresh Kid
12-08-2013, 09:03 AM
no, and they wouldn't win another title next year either unless Adam Silver follow in David Stern's footsteps:facepalm

Nash
12-08-2013, 11:21 AM
You do know Lebron has won the championship back to back with Wade on 1 bum knee?

Also in 2012 Bosh got injured for a big part of the playoffs.

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 11:39 AM
You do know Lebron has won the championship back to back with Wade on 1 bum knee?

Also in 2012 Bosh got injured for a big part of the playoffs.
in 2012 Bosh missed the first round... who cares, the first round of the east is the biggest joke ever. I can't even remember who they played. 2nd round? Oh, you mean when the bum knee Wade came in and dropped 41 points on 17-25 shooting and 10 rebounds to turn the series around, that guy?

Project018
12-08-2013, 11:43 AM
So in your world where Super Bosh is on his own team the defense wil be focused on Bosh 100%, so he would score a lot more, right? lol Not to mention his rebounding numbers would...? Go up? Since he will be spending even more energy on offense and now somehow be able to rebound more while being more tired? The Heat are a terrible rebounding team, and Bosh is the tallest player they actively use, so since he could only get 6 rebounds with Miami he would get more if he went to another team?

So in your world where Super Bosh is on his own team, I'm assuming his numbers would go up with ppg, and down with rebounding. Or perhaps stay around the same with rebounding. But what do you think Bosh is really capable of? Dirk is scoring 21, so less than that, right? Or is Bosh a better scorer than Dirk, now?

PS: Not a Lebron Stan, just like to prove people wrong from time to time, versus just reading and laughing and not responding.

Give him that ether :applause:

Smoke117
12-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Probably not. Wade isn't really injured, so much as coming back from the treatment he had. He has no serious injury, just some aches and pains coming with age and the summer treatment that takes time for your knees to come back to form. When he's playing, he's playing well, as when he sat out and came back he scored 20+ four straight games and he's giving them 5+ assist, about 5 rebounds. Not sure what you want more for the 2nd best player on your team to do. Honestly even Lebron doesn't dominate the ball as the team is so deep. When you have Ray Allen coming off the bench you can afford to lower his minutes or sit Wade.

Eric Cartman
12-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Miami's role players may not have the best stats but have an incredible impact on the game. Hitting shots and making plays in big moves. Also things that don't show in the scoreboard (help defense and taking charges).

Nash
12-08-2013, 12:38 PM
in 2012 Bosh missed the first round... who cares, the first round of the east is the biggest joke ever. I can't even remember who they played. 2nd round? Oh, you mean when the bum knee Wade came in and dropped 41 points on 17-25 shooting and 10 rebounds to turn the series around, that guy?
Bosh missed Indiana series and a few games against Boston. And this is with a team that has Haslem, Juwan Howard, Joel Anthony and Ronny Turiaf at that front court. It was a massive loss.

Why is everything so black or white with you? Of course Miami wouldn't do as well and probably not win without Wade. Mostly because he's a huge part of that team and Miami are a top heavy team. But you have to take into account that Lebron and Miami don't have prime Dwyane Wade that you seem to think. And like it or not Wade was playing on a bum knee both in 12 and 13 playoffs. It's a well documented fact at this point.

At the same time, remove Wade and replace his salary with 2 players for 10m a year each and a Lebron lead Miami would win again. Because I see your agenda right here, you're trying to say that Lebron can't win without a superstar like Wade on his team.

LeGOAT
12-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Contrary to Kobe-tard belief, basketball is a team sport.

Kukoc
02-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Can they?

Solefade
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
i don't think so...unless Chris Bosh steps up HUGE

r15mohd
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
how "convenient" the OP is missing today :rolleyes: