PDA

View Full Version : I feel for Carmelo Anthony

K Xerxes
12-08-2013, 02:40 PM
As a disclaimer, I have previously criticised Carmelo Anthony. Quite harshly in fact. When people said he was a top 3 player, I said he wasn't a top 10 player. I just never found his shot jacking style appealing. I said I'd take Paul George over him last season, and even though I was hit with a ton of negs from angry Knicks fans, I don't think many would disagree about that now.

Having said that, the guy is playing with low IQ morons and an inept coach who does not understand (or cannot implement) the concept of 'team offense' to this sorry team. What people don't understand is that team offense isn't simply swinging the ball from side to side; it is actually using plays or sets to good effect to get open and good shots. Swinging the ball with the defense is in place is absolutely useless. However, when you have so many idiots on one team, I can see why it may be difficult to execute multiple sets in one game.

I've watched a few Knicks games and they are literally forcing Melo to play 1 vs 5 isos. From the post he is doubled, even tripled because the rest of the team can be counted upon to brick open shots. And believe me when I say there is no point of Melo passing it.

He is playing with intense energy this season, as evidenced by his ridiculously good rebound stats. And I can see he is trying on defense. There's not much else he can do.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2013, 02:41 PM
I agree. He has gone from overrated to underrated.

moe94
12-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I feel like Melo is going to be lost in history unless he pulls a KG.

Teanett
12-08-2013, 02:43 PM
He is playing with intense energy this season, as evidenced by his ridiculously good rebound stats. And I can see he is trying on defense. There's not much else he can do.

thats what i'm saying.
fire woodson!

kurple
12-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I feel like Melo is going to be lost in history unless he pulls a KG.
unless he pulls a KG?

Teanett
12-08-2013, 02:45 PM
unless he pulls a KG?

team up with kobe and pau

imnew09
12-08-2013, 02:46 PM
unless he pulls a KG?

Win a championship.

He should come to the Lakers

CelticBaller
12-08-2013, 02:48 PM
He has to change his game. ISO doesn't seem to work for him anymore

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 02:57 PM
The problem is Melo thinks of himself as a LeBron when he's really more fit to be somewhere between Wade and Bosh. Probably closer to Bosh.

Sarcastic
12-08-2013, 03:33 PM
He has the worst coach in basketball. Bar none.

Woodson's rotations, and his fetishes for pulling guys out that are doing good for his favorites that do shit, is killing the team.

The win vs Brooklyn was the worst thing to happen to the Knicks. They need a coaching change pronto before the season is lost.

kurple
12-08-2013, 03:35 PM
He has the worst coach in basketball. Bar none.

Woodson's rotations, and his fetishes for pulling guys out that are doing good for his favorites that do shit, is killing the team.

The win vs Brooklyn was the worst thing to happen to the Knicks. They need a coaching change pronto before the season is lost.
i thought d'antoni was the worst coach?

Sarcastic
12-08-2013, 03:38 PM
i thought d'antoni was the worst coach?

I used to think he was, but Woodson is worse. D'Antoni is just stubborn to a fault. Woodson is a really dumb human being.

Take Your Lumps
12-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Melo is getting T-Mac'd (Orlando) and I'd be shocked if he stayed past this year. There is absolutely no light at the end of that tunnel. It will probably kill him to leave but that "organization" is a lost cause while Dolan still has a say in it.

I could see a coach like JVG perhaps changing the culture and making things interesting though. The Van Gundys don't take any shit from anyone.

Eric Cartman
12-08-2013, 03:49 PM
The problem is Melo thinks of himself as a LeBron when he's really more fit to be somewhere between Wade and Bosh. Probably closer to Bosh.

Scoreless in game 7 Bosh?

Teanett
12-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Melo is getting T-Mac'd (Orlando) and I'd be shocked if he stayed past this year. There is absolutely no light at the end of that tunnel. It will probably kill him to leave but that "organization" is a lost cause while Dolan still has a say in it.

melo is a big reason why it's gone to shit.
he definetly has a saying in the fo's decisions, see:

-jr smith + chris smith
-mike d'antoni
-jeremy lin
-iman shumpert
-kenyon martin

they're catering to him.

shady6121
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM
As a disclaimer, I have previously criticised Carmelo Anthony. Quite harshly in fact. When people said he was a top 3 player, I said he wasn't a top 10 player. I just never found his shot jacking style appealing. I said I'd take Paul George over him last season, and even though I was hit with a ton of negs from angry Knicks fans, I don't think many would disagree about that now.

Having said that, the guy is playing with low IQ morons and an inept coach who does not understand (or cannot implement) the concept of 'team offense' to this sorry team. What people don't understand is that team offense isn't simply swinging the ball from side to side; it is actually using plays or sets to good effect to get open and good shots. Swinging the ball with the defense is in place is absolutely useless. However, when you have so many idiots on one team, I can see why it may be difficult to execute multiple sets in one game.

I've watched a few Knicks games and they are literally forcing Melo to play 1 vs 5 isos. From the post he is doubled, even tripled because the rest of the team can be counted upon to brick open shots. And believe me when I say there is no point of Melo passing it.

Agreed. Melo should force a trade to the Pistons imo, since the pieces the Pistons have would probably mesh really well with his game.

Legends66NBA7
12-08-2013, 03:59 PM

-jr smith + chris smith
-mike d'antoni
-jeremy lin
-iman shumpert
-kenyon martin

they're catering to him.

But they haven't catered the right players around him. The team in Denver was damn near perfect compliment to Melo.

FKAri
12-08-2013, 04:00 PM

-jr smith + chris smith
-mike d'antoni
-jeremy lin
-iman shumpert
-kenyon martin

they're catering to him.

What hap with shumpert?

Teanett
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
But they haven't catered the right players around him. The team in Denver was damn near perfect compliment to Melo.

they got him all the players he needed last year.
is tyson chandler not the perfect player to play alongside him?

they modeled the knicks after the mavs, unfortunately melo isnt as good as dirk.

Ai2death
12-08-2013, 04:08 PM

they modeled the knicks after the mavs, unfortunately melo isnt as good as dirk.

Tyson Chandlers one guy, a basketball team has 5 players plus a bench.
How is just Chandler the perfect team?

Teanett
12-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Tyson Chandlers one guy, a basketball team has 5 players plus a bench.
How is just Chandler the perfect team?

are you kidding me?
they got him tyson, kidd, prigioni, kurt thomas, camby, k-mart, rasheed, ronnie brewer.
that's 8 players who dont care about shots, who defend and put the ball in melo's hands.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-08-2013, 04:17 PM

-jr smith + chris smith
-mike d'antoni
-jeremy lin
-iman shumpert
-kenyon martin

they're catering to him.

exactly...he need to SHUT THE FCUK UP & improve his game.....he is nick young level in passing....atleast young started to pass while on the lakers

STATUTORY
12-08-2013, 04:39 PM
why? it's pretty much his fault we are in this position. cause he couldn't stick it for half more season in Denver he forced us to basically give up all of our assets for him in that awful trade. We got cleaned out

Legends66NBA7
12-08-2013, 04:57 PM

But Chandler is injured now. When he was healthy, the Knicks had a good regular season.

Raymond Felton isn't Billups. Since Amare's injuries, they haven't had a consistent PF. They have Smith too, but he's lacking consistency as well.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-08-2013, 04:58 PM
why? it's pretty much his fault we are in this position. cause he couldn't stick it for half more season in Denver he forced us to basically give up all of our assets for him in that awful trade. We got cleaned out

He wanted to get paid... Thats it...

He better think twice before coming to the LAL ... Our FO never caters to superstars in regards to what players to sign or what coach to have...just ask Choward

longtime lurker
12-08-2013, 05:04 PM

Lol since when did you become a Knicks fan and 2nd Carmelo didn't force the Knicks to give up all their assets for him. Also he didn't force the Knicks to trade for Bargani where they gave up yet another draft pick.

Teanett
12-08-2013, 05:14 PM
But Chandler is injured now. When he was healthy, the Knicks had a good regular season.

Raymond Felton isn't Billups. Since Amare's injuries, they haven't had a consistent PF. They have Smith too, but he's lacking consistency as well.

that's a simplistic view of it.
melo played pf last season and had a career year feasting on the mismatches and feeding shooters around him.
now, they got bargs as a stretch 4/5 because melo/chandler cant deal with west/hibbert... catering again but this time they blew it because theres not enough vets on the team to keep em playing hard.

kurple
12-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Lol since when did you become a Knicks fan and 2nd Carmelo didn't force the Knicks to give up all their assets for him.he kinda did

STATUTORY
12-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Lol since when did you become a Knicks fan and 2nd Carmelo didn't force the Knicks to give up all their assets for him. Also he didn't force the Knicks to trade for Bargani where they gave up yet another draft pick.

been knicks fan all my life, just not something i discuss much on this particular site.

he didn't force the knicks to make the trade, he did make it well known that he was unwilling to forego the extra money from resigning and Dolan against Walsh's advice pulled the trigger on the trade. so yes Dolan is the culprit for the trade but Melo obviously placed the money ahead of knicks potential for success with his demands. He made his bed. His inability to separate from JR smith is also completely his own doing.

I find it hard to feel bad for someone who's issues are mostly self inflicted.

longtime lurker
12-08-2013, 05:18 PM
he kinda did

No he didn't. He wasn't the one negotiating. Sorry but do you know how idiotic the Knicks management are. They hand out draft picks like candy. They gave up 2 picks for Andrea Bargani, a player the Raptors were about to amnesty.

kurple
12-08-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG1MpPR929I

home sweet home

kurple
12-08-2013, 05:24 PM
No he didn't. He wasn't the one negotiating. Sorry but do you know how idiotic the Knicks management are. They hand out draft picks like candy. They gave up 2 picks for Andrea Bargani, a player the Raptors were about to amnesty.
melo wanted the knicks, but he wouldnt become a FA and risk the money (right before the lockout)

nuggets FO didnt have to accept an eddy curry and a 2nd round pick offer just because knicks fans and melo liked the idea

remember they were negotiating this trade for months (with the Nets bidding as well)

Teanett
12-08-2013, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG1MpPR929I

home sweet home

i never got this shit. didnt he grow up in baltimore? what a fake.
jordan was also born in brooklyn but his home is north carolina.

longtime lurker
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
melo wanted the knicks, but he wouldnt become a FA and risk the money (right before the lockout)

nuggets FO didnt have to accept an eddy curry and a 2nd round pick offer just because knicks fans and melo liked the idea

remember they were negotiating this trade for months (with the Nets bidding as well)

And Melo made the right call because it turns out he would have lost money if he had gone to the Knicks as a free agent. Of course the Nuggets didn't have to accept a shit package but the Knicks didn't have to overpay either. The Nuggets used the Nets to play the Knicks because I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have preferred the package the Nets gave up for Deron Williams. The Rockets are asking for 2 1st rounders for Omer Asik, no team would give up that much for a guy who wants out, if it was the Knicks they'd pay more than they have to. It's not a Melo specific issue the Knicks front office is just a mess.