PDA

View Full Version : "Bryant Passes Over Jordan for His Dream Pick-Up Team"

G-Funk
12-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Jordan, a five-time National Basketball Association Most Valuable Player who ranks third in league history in scoring, last month said his dream pick-up team would include:

Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
James Worthy
Hakeem Olajuwon

G-Funk
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Prepare yourself to an upcoming war on this thread

SamuraiSWISH
12-08-2013, 09:34 PM
They asked to pick the group surrounding yourself. Last year Kobe listed his all-time best starting five and MJ was the SG. Kobe didn't even mention himself. Jordan was pretty much saying the same thing, who would he pick to play alongside himself. Why would he pick Kobe, when they'd be redundant? No need for rustled jimmies. Kobe always cedes dominance to his lone superior at the SG position.

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 09:35 PM
They're both idiots. Neither of them picked Shaq or LeBron.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
You know what Kobe is like, there is no way hes not going to name himself in a team like this, thats just the type of player he is. That being said aside from leaving Jordan out, the rest of the team is fine.

EDIT: just saw that he was asked to name a team around himself.

TheMarkMadsen
Bill Russell at pf? Kobe my man that floor spacing would be terrible.

NumberSix
They asked to pick the group surrounding yourself. Last year Kobe listed his all-time best starting five and MJ was the SG. Kobe didn't even mention himself. Jordan was pretty much saying the same thing, who would he pick to play alongside himself. Why would he pick Kobe, when they'd be redundant? No need for rustled jimmies. Kobe always cedes dominance to his lone superior at the SG position.
People still saying this dumb shit?

TheMarkMadsen
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
You know what Kobe is like, there is no way hes not going to name himself in a team like this, thats just the type of player he is. That being said aside from leaving Jordan out, the rest of the team is fine.

EDIT: just saw that he was asked to name a team around himself.

Of course he picked himself because that was part of the question

longtime lurker
12-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Despite you writing this there will be tons of posters that ignore this and go on to bash Kobe. Kobe knows what's up, a great starting 5. I'm shocked to see Wilt not getting any love in these lists though.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Hakeem's team:

Stockton
MJ
Lebron
Moses
Shaq

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/hakeem-olajuwon-includes-mj-lebron-all-time-starting-five?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I would go:

Johnson
Jordan
James
Bird
O'neal

Black and White
12-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Hakeem's team:

Stockton
MJ
Lebron
Moses
Shaq
http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/hakeem-olajuwon-includes-mj-lebron-all-time-starting-five?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

:eek: NICE!!!!

ProfessorMurder
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
They play the same f*cking position, why would they choose each other?

Black and White
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
I personally can't leave Kareem out of a team like this, skyhook all day long.

RoseCity07
12-08-2013, 09:50 PM
I have to admit it looks like Kobe picked better team. You have the one of the greatest point guards setting up two great shooters. Then you have quite a defensive frontcourt. You can't go wrong having the NBA's all-time leading scorer.

moe94
12-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Hakeem's team:

Stockton
MJ
Lebron
Moses
Shaq

Olajuwon doesn't even put himself there. Now that's a gentleman.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 09:57 PM

We are so spoilt for talent when it comes to picking big men, you could have two of these teams and put them against each other, say:

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Russell
Kareem

v

Stockton
Bryant
LeBron
Hakeem
Shaq

Who would win?

K Xerxes
12-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Many people don't seem to regard chemistry when choosing these teams. They just stick a collection of all time greats together, but I don't think it works like that honestly.

For example, I'd consider something like...

Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Hakeem

You don't need 5 go to options in one offense. Jordan and Hakeem are good enough, Rodman can rebound and defend, Pippen provides the versatility, Magic provides the playmaking.

Or something like that.

moe94
12-08-2013, 10:00 PM
We are so spoilt for talent when it comes to picking big men

Take this out of context and it becomes hilarious.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Take this out of context and it becomes hilarious.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Random_Guy
12-08-2013, 10:05 PM
my team
GP
MJ
Pippen
KG
Dream

Black and White
12-08-2013, 10:10 PM
I just want 1 defensive stopper big man, and good passers and 1 scoring perimiter player, so I would like to see:

Stockton
Jordan
LeBron
Dirk
Hakeem

Scoring big man + perimiter scorer combo, 2 good passers who can also provide scoring and Hakeem speaks for himself. Would be fun to watch. I like Dirk better when he gets to roam rather than staying in the paint area.

12-08-2013, 10:18 PM
This would be my team.

Walt Frazier
Kobe
Pippen
Garnett
Kareem

No team is beating this team. Suffocating defense. Shooting. Scoring.

Jax
12-08-2013, 10:22 PM
He wants dudes to get the rebounds :roll:

12-08-2013, 10:25 PM

Hakeem owned Shaq. Was clearly a better player. Not sure why he picked him. Hakeem should've picked himself.

IGOTGAME
12-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Many people don't seem to regard chemistry when choosing these teams. They just stick a collection of all time greats together, but I don't think it works like that honestly.

For example, I'd consider something like...

Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Hakeem

You don't need 5 go to options in one offense. Jordan and Hakeem are good enough, Rodman can rebound and defend, Pippen provides the versatility, Magic provides the playmaking.

Or something like that.

You would have 0 spacing. Not catch and shoot player.

moe94
12-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Hakeem owned Shaq. Was clearly a better player. Not sure why he picked him. Hakeem should've picked himself.

Stop. Laz will hear you. Too late for us. That essay is already 3 paragraphs in. :facepalm

La Frescobaldi
12-08-2013, 10:30 PM
No, wrong. Floor spacing would be incredible. Kareem could play at the high post with no problem. Nobody scores inside against that team right there

CavaliersFTW
12-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Misleading thread title, Kobe does not pass.

LAZERUSS
12-08-2013, 11:11 PM

Yep...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=olajuha01&p2=onealsh01

His "ownage" reminds me of the great two round effort that Joe Frazier put up against George Foreman...

Frazier repeatedly used his face to pummel Foreman's fists.

"Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!"

The now-famous... "Face-A-Dope."

In retrospect...Frazier probably softened up Foreman's fists for the Ali-Foreman fight later on.

pauk
12-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Gimme:

Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Larry Bird
Shaquille O'neal

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Gimme:

Lebron James
Lebron James
Lebron James
Lebron James
Lebron James

Interesting team.

ripthekik
12-08-2013, 11:32 PM
The only thing I see, is that both MJ and Kobe didn't pick Lebron :roll: :roll: :roll:

riseagainst
12-08-2013, 11:42 PM
They're both idiots. Neither of them picked Shaq or LeBron.

:roll:

Dresta
12-08-2013, 11:43 PM
He didn't do anything smh

raiderfan19
12-09-2013, 12:05 AM
The question for this always becomes are you actually picking a team to play a game or the best players at all 5 positions. Because if you are picking a team to play the game, you pick a completely different team then the all time team.

If I was picking the best at each position I go with magic, mj, Lebron, Duncan, Kareem. If I'm picking an actual team to play an actual game, I go Jordan, Pippen, Lebron, kg, dream. It's not an actual lineup because there is no pg, but that lineup would be a trapping nightmare.