PDA

View Full Version : At what point do we admit that Durant is better than LeBron?

russwest0
12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I know a bunch of worthless LeBron dickslobberers will try to bring up shit that happened 3 years ago with biased refs and shit but seriously, it's not even close with who has been the better player so far this year, IN ALL FACETS OF BASKETBALL.

Gregg Popovich has been saying Durant is the best player on the planet for the last 3 years. Why hasn't the rest of the NBA following followed suit yet? He just absolutely evicerated the best defense in the league, fcking pounded them so hard, holy sht

Durants gonna win MVP, FMVP this year and then you dumbasses will catch up I'm assuming.

12-08-2013, 10:33 PM
He's not. He is great though. I prefer Westbrook to him, however. Westbrook is the real OKC leader IMO.

moe94
12-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Literally no argument to be had for Durant and I really like him.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Durant will be better once LeBron retires.

Legends66NBA7
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
You can admit it and put everyone else on ignore. So then, you can agree with yourself the whole time while you don't know what anyone else is saying.

Perfect world just for you.

Fudge
12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Dude...stop

branslowski
Durant has been easily better and more dominant this season than LeBron.

Also 6 games of 30-5-5 for Durant after tonight. LeBron only 1.

KobesFinger
When he actually is better.

AintNoSunshine
12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
The dude has ZERO MVP, ZERO FMVP, ZERO ring, all he has is a bunch of scoring titles and you are here acting like people are stupid for not ranking him ahead of the 4-time MVP, back to back FMVP and Champion??:roll:

I love Durant and think he's clearly the second best player for several years straight, but until he win a ring or two while being the FMVP, he has no case to be made.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Theyre even offensively the difference is KDs defense this season which has been much better

outbreak
12-08-2013, 10:39 PM
I think in 3-4 years when we start seeing lebron decline. Provided someone else doesn't step up

russwest0
12-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Yet it's ****ing painful for all of these chumps to admit it, they are weak ass beta followers of the crowd

Black and White
12-08-2013, 10:40 PM

All those performances are great and i give Durant credit for them but he still hasn't got a ring or dominated the way LeBron has the last few seasons, this is how i see it

LeBron

*big gap*

Durant and George

russwest0
12-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Theyre even offensively the difference is KDs defense this season which has been much better

In the 4th quarter of the last two playoff meetings with LA Durant held Kobe to 3-21 shooting. You know why it's not news like LeBron stopping D Rose in the 4th?

Because Durant is not an attention whore at all like LeBron, LeBron has basically been begging for the DPOY even though he has shit effort on that end

moe94
12-08-2013, 10:42 PM
I love Durant and think he's clearly the second best player for several years straight, but until he win a ring or two while being the FMVP, he has no case to be made.

The irony of LeBron fans is hilarious now. It's like LeBron has taken Kobe's position and Durant has taken LeBron's position with the younger player relying on stats to stand out against the rings, which were only seen as "team efforts" by LeBron fans prior to his first ring.

Black and White
In the 4th quarter of the last two playoff meetings with LA Durant held Kobe to 3-21 shooting. You know why it's not news like LeBron stopping D Rose in the 4th?

Because Durant is not an attention whore at all like LeBron, LeBron has basically been begging for the DPOY even though he has shit effort on that end

Is that why Durant got caught napping by Batum and he drained the clutch 3 on him?

TheCorporation
I know a bunch of worthless LeBron dickslobberers will try to bring up shit that happened 3 years ago with biased refs and shit but seriously, it's not even close with who has been the better player so far this year, IN ALL FACETS OF BASKETBALL.

Gregg Popovich has been saying Durant is the best player on the planet for the last 3 years. Why hasn't the rest of the NBA following followed suit yet? He just absolutely evicerated the best defense in the league, fcking pounded them so hard, holy sht

Durants gonna win MVP, FMVP this year and then you dumbasses will catch up I'm assuming.

*ahem*

The InsideHoops forums are for intelligent, friendly basketball talk

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317893

branslowski
12-08-2013, 10:44 PM
All those performances are great and i give Durant credit for them but he still hasn't got a ring or dominated the way LeBron has the last few seasons, this is how i see it

LeBron

*big gap*

Durant and George

What does previous seasons have to do with THIS season and Durant clearly outplaying LeBron?

Im so nba'd out
12-08-2013, 10:45 PM
who cares durant will never past jordan f em he will never be the best ever thats really all that matters.Who cares if you the best for a year or two.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM
What does previous seasons have to do with THIS season and Durant clearly outplaying LeBron?

I disagree that he is outplaying LeBron, Durant is playing like a beast but he hasn't done enough yet to be considered a better player

moe94
12-08-2013, 10:48 PM
who cares durant will never past jordan f em he will never be the best ever thats really all that matters.Who cares if you the best for a year or two.
This is remarkably stupid. I hope it's a joke.

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 10:50 PM
If you actually watch the OKC games, half of Durants games aren't nearly as impressive as they look on a stat sheet.

russwest0
If KD didn't pound INDY so hard to where he got to rest he would of dropped 50.

He came out pissed off and looking to kill. He's absolutely pissed about last year when OKC had a very good chance to win it all but Russ went down. I honestly feel horrible for the guys who are gonna go up against OKC in the playoffs this year.

Durant was even being the leader. Westbrook didn't pass him the ball on an open 3 and he pounded Westbrooks chest and was telling Russ to give him the f*cking ball. Westbrook finished the game with 13 assists

Im so nba'd out
no its not a joke dikhead who cares if your the best for a year or 2 when u not even in the conversation for best ever

This is remarkably stupid. I hope it's a joke.

DuMa
12-08-2013, 10:51 PM
when Lebron stops moving in his grave

Black and White
12-08-2013, 10:53 PM
If KD didn't pound INDY so hard to where he got to rest he would of dropped 50.

He came out pissed off and looking to kill. He's absolutely pissed about last year when OKC had a very good chance to win it all but Russ went down. I honestly feel horrible for the guys who are gonna go up against OKC in the playoffs this year.Durant was even being the leader. Westbrook didn't pass him the ball on an open 3 and he pounded Westbrooks chest and was telling Russ to give him the f*cking ball. Westbrook finished the game with 13 assists

LOL what??? The spurs??? The Blazers??? No team is going to be scared of them, thats not how basketball works, stop trying to overrate the thunder.

branslowski
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
I disagree that he is outplaying LeBron, Durant is playing like a beast but he hasn't done enough yet to be considered a better player

Durant- 28.5ppg 8.2reb 5ast 1blk 1.4stls TS 61%

LeBron- 25.5ppg 6.2reb 6.2ast 0.4blk 1.3stls TS 68%

Notsureifserious...:biggums:

russwest0
12-08-2013, 10:55 PM
LOL what??? The spurs??? The Blazers??? No team is going to be scared of them, thats not how basketball works, stop trying to overrate the thunder.

Why do people still think the Spurs are even a threat to OKC when OKC beat them fully healthy 2 years ago... And now OKC has it's deepest unit ever with KD/Russ/Ibaka in their best form ever.

And the Blazers? What the fck are you smoking you fcking dumbass

buddha
12-08-2013, 10:55 PM
say both LeBron and KD were 25, I'm taking KD to build a team around.

Im so nba'd out
12-08-2013, 10:56 PM
say both LeBron and KD were 25, I'm taking KD to build a team around.
ill take a 25 year old jordan over both of them or a 25 yr old kobe

Black and White
12-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Why do people still think the Spurs are even a threat to OKC when OKC beat them fully healthy 2 years ago... And now OKC has it's deepest unit ever with KD/Russ/Ibaka in their best form ever.

And the Blazers? What the fck are you smoking you fcking dumbass

The Blazers just beat the Thunder...... They are legit.

moe94
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM

Are you literally just looking at the PPG and the rebound advantage? :roll:

pauk
12-08-2013, 11:01 PM
At what point? At that exact point Durant actually is better than Lebron, preferably aswell making those around him better and where the outcome of it all is Championships/FMVPs & MVPs.....

At that point....

retaxis
12-08-2013, 11:02 PM
The only thing people care about in the RS in the MVP award. Everything else...wait for the playoffs.

russwest0
12-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Are you literally just looking at the PPG and the rebound advantage? :roll:

There is this thing called defense

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:03 PM

Are you just using stats as your method of propping him above LeBron?? Comeon man you should be able to tell that LeBron dominates in many other aspects of the game, he is much more of a floor leader than Durant will ever be, there is no way he is better than LeBron yet.

Fox
12-08-2013, 11:04 PM
At no point. LeBron is the best player in the World by a large margin. Durant is not even a blip on the radar.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:05 PM
There is this thing called defense

Are you saying Durant is a better defender than LeBron?

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Let's wait for Durant to be the best player on his own team first.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2013, 11:07 PM
When he becomes a better player which will likely be never.

russwest0
12-08-2013, 11:07 PM
The Heat have played like 2 teams with winning records so far and Durant is shitting on top teams, i feel like all of the people with dumbass comments are the ones who overstate LBJ's defensive impact and don't even watch OKC play

russwest0
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Are you saying Durant is a better defender than LeBron?

How isn't he? He's clearly been the better defender for the past 2 years. The eye test, THE OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF STATISTICS, it all points to it. LBJ was consistently getting burned in the playoffs last year

DMAVS41
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM

I agree Durant has been better, but do you really care about the regular season?

I mean...we both know players prove themselves in the playoffs.

Durant will surpass Lebron when he outplays him in the playoffs....especially head to head.

russwest0
12-08-2013, 11:09 PM
The Blazers just beat the Thunder...... They are legit.

76ers beat the heat, should the heat be shitting their pants if they meet 76ers in round 1?

fking clown

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:10 PM
How isn't he? He's clearly been the better defender for the past 2 years. The eye test, THE OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF STATISTICS, it all points to it. LBJ was consistently getting burned in the playoffs last year

If you want to go by the eye test someone please post the gif of Durant sleeping on the blazers and Batum running past him for the 3.

inclinerator
12-08-2013, 11:11 PM
how can 2nd place be better than first place?

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Elite All-around player > elite free throw shooter

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:13 PM
76ers beat the heat, should the heat be shitting their pants if they meet 76ers in round 1?

fking clown

Everybody knows that the sixers beating the heat was a fluke, however the Blazers have shown that they are legit, all im saying is nobody should be scared of the thunder, they have weaknesses just like everybody else, and many teams in the west can beat them

retaxis
12-08-2013, 11:18 PM
russwest is just fresh kid. When Knicks are .500 he will be on his other account creating 10threads a day telling everyone how Melo will win the MVP and FMVP like he did every day last year:lol :lol

russwest0
12-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Everybody knows that the sixers beating the heat was a fluke, however the Blazers have shown that they are legit, all im saying is nobody should be scared of the thunder, they have weaknesses just like everybody else, and many teams in the west can beat them

nobody take this P_ussy niqqa seriously, he's a fcking clown

lebeast666
12-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Based off this season? KD playing like he got something to prove. LeBrons taking it easy so far

DMAVS41
12-08-2013, 11:19 PM

Nobody should fear them?

they just have the 2nd best player and like the 8th best player on the same team with solid chemistry...with playoff experience...and are 15-4

Yea...just on pace to win like 65 games. LOL

funnystuff
12-08-2013, 11:21 PM
I think there are more teams in the East that have a better shot at beating the Heat, than the West.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Nobody should fear them?

they just have the 2nd best player and like the 8th best player on the same team with solid chemistry...with playoff experience...and are 15-4

Why should you fear them, no team in the west are going to go into a playoff series fearing the other team, thats not winning mentality, just like the thunder will not fear their opponents, your taking me the wrong way, im not discrediting the thunder, im just trying to put things into perspective, they are one of the top 3 teams in the west but that does not guarantee them the title does it?

branslowski
12-08-2013, 11:23 PM
I agree Durant has been better, but do you really care about the regular season?

I mean...we both know players prove themselves in the playoffs.

Durant will surpass Lebron when he outplays him in the playoffs....especially head to head.

You know what, this is a respectable post finally from someone in this thread.

Durant is clearly outplaying LeBron this season, not only putting up better overall numbers (aside from fg%lol), and is clearly been more dominant thus far:

37 points (9-15; 17-19 FT), 8 rebounds and 7 assists (3 TO) in a win over the Pistons.

33 points (12-23; 8-9 FT), 13 rebounds and 6 assits (5 TO) in a over-time win over the Wizards.

33 points (8-18; 15-17 FT), 6 rebounds and 10 assists (5 TOs) in a loss to the Clippers.

38 points (11-27; 13-16 FT), 8 rebounds and 6 assists (3 TOs) in a win over the Nuggets.

32 points (14-21; 3-4 3pt), 10 rebounds and 12 assists (2 TOs) in a win over the Timberwolves.

36 points (14-23; 2-3 3pt), 10 rebounds and 5 assists (3 TOs) in a win over the Pacers.

I mean, find me 5 LeBron games that matches these 5 Durant games.

But to get back to Dmavs post, I do agree with waiting for Durant to show up in the playoffs before we start crowning a new best player. So I'll concede my arguments.

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Nobody should fear them?

Meh. OKC is the 4th best team AT BEST IMO. Then again, I don't generally make hard decisions of what I think after a mere 19 games.

russwest0
12-08-2013, 11:25 PM
LeBron dickriders when LeBron didn't win a ring but was playing best in regular season

"He's still da best player in the game Kobe on da better team blah blah those chokejobs mean nothing"

Lebron dickriders when KD didn't win a ring but was playing best in regular season

"He has to win a ring first" ignoring the fact KD had the best Finals performance ever for anyone at age 23 or younger, he fcking Dominated Miami but the rest of his team sans Westbrook got outplayed and the refs were there to ensure Miami would win incase LeChoke choked

DMAVS41
12-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Why should you fear them, no team in the west are going to go into a playoff series fearing the other team, thats not winning mentality, just like the thunder will not fear their opponents, your taking me the wrong way, im not discrediting the thunder, im just trying to put things into perspective, they are one of the top 3 teams in the west but that does not guarantee them the title does it?

I never said it guarantees them a title...what...

I"m just saying that they have two top 10 players. Solid chemistry and experience.

And some young talent that is playing minutes right now getting key experience.

They are my favorite to win the West...

I.R.Beast
12-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Show up in the playoffs?.. So Durant hasnt showed up in the playoffs?...

DMAVS41
12-08-2013, 11:27 PM
You know what, this is a respectable post finally from someone in this thread.

Durant is clearly outplaying LeBron this season, not only putting up better overall numbers (aside from fg%lol), and is clearly been more dominant thus far:

37 points (9-15; 17-19 FT), 8 rebounds and 7 assists (3 TO) in a win over the Pistons.

33 points (12-23; 8-9 FT), 13 rebounds and 6 assits (5 TO) in a over-time win over the Wizards.

33 points (8-18; 15-17 FT), 6 rebounds and 10 assists (5 TOs) in a loss to the Clippers.

38 points (11-27; 13-16 FT), 8 rebounds and 6 assists (3 TOs) in a win over the Nuggets.

32 points (14-21; 3-4 3pt), 10 rebounds and 12 assists (2 TOs) in a win over the Timberwolves.

36 points (14-23; 2-3 3pt), 10 rebounds and 5 assists (3 TOs) in a win over the Pacers.

I mean, find me 5 LeBron games that matches these 5 Durant games.

But to get back to Dmavs post, I do agree with waiting for Durant to show up in the playoffs before we start crowning a new best player. So I'll concede my arguments.

Agreed. Too much coasting and weak competition in the regular season for it to make or break the "best player" argument...

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:28 PM
LeBron dickriders when LeBron didn't win a ring but was playing best in regular season

"He's still da best player in the game Kobe on da better team blah blah those chokejobs mean nothing"

Lebron dickriders when KD didn't win a ring but was playing best in regular season

"He has to win a ring first" ignoring the fact KD had the best Finals performance ever for anyone at age 23 or younger, he fcking Dominated Miami but the rest of his team sans Westbrook got outplayed and the refs were there to ensure Miami would win incase LeChoke choked

I agree Durant played well in that finals series, but there were parts in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the games that he would just disappear. Thats the aspects that you see him working on now, is being able to dominate the whole game and keep it up, but that still hasn't put him over LeBron yet, and let me put it into perspective, Kobe Bryant is my favourite player, so there is no bias here.

DMAVS41
12-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Show up in the playoffs?.. So Durant hasnt showed up in the playoffs?...

Of course he has, but to overtake Lebron as the current best player...it's not happening in the ****ing regular season

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I never said it guarantees them a title...what...

I"m just saying that they have two top 10 players. Solid chemistry and experience.

And some young talent that is playing minutes right now getting key experience.

They are my favorite to win the West...

Agreed, they are one of the favourites to win the west, all im saying is how does any of this put Durant over LeBron yet?? Thats all im trying to say.

Mr. Incredible
12-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Um he's not.

But cry some more OP. :cry:

fpliii
12-08-2013, 11:31 PM
rofl

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Of course he has, but to overtake Lebron as the current best player...it's not happening in the ****ing regular season

Exactly, LeBron faced the same hate for being a regular season beast and not being able to get it done, once he won the title and then the second, thats when he got the credit he deserved, he has proven himself in the playoffs, Durant has to do the same.

zoom17
12-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Thread Backfire almost everyone in this thread disagrees with you Deal with it :oldlol:

knicksman
12-08-2013, 11:36 PM
durant has been better than lebron since his 3rd yr. Thats why lebron decided to cheat coz he would be the laughing stock of the league winning multiple mvps without a ring to show for it.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Durant is playing better in the regular season so far. Doesn't mean he's a better player though. Not even close.

I saw the same thing last season. People wanted Durant to be MVP, then Lebron embarrassed Durant on his home court, and soon there was pretty much no argument left for Durant. I expect he same to happen this year.

Btw, OP is bitch-made. Always runs away from game threads when Durant starts playing bad and never addresses posts which highlight his defensive deficiencies.

knicksman
12-08-2013, 11:39 PM
no its not a joke dikhead who cares if your the best for a year or 2 when u not even in the conversation for best ever

if theres one player who could beat jordans ass and thats durant

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:42 PM
durant has been better than lebron since his 3rd yr. Thats why lebron decided to cheat coz he would be the laughing stock of the league winning multiple mvps without a ring to show for it.

This type of nonsense is what ruins Durants image on this board. His fans starting to prop him up and discredit other players is really taking away from how good a player he really is. Just talk with some objectivity.

tgan3
12-08-2013, 11:42 PM
:facepalm

Durant is not better than Lebron. PERIOD!

knicksman
12-08-2013, 11:43 PM

this. You cant beat a statpadder whos hiding with 2 superstar teammates. Had lebron stayed with cleveland, he would be 2nd fiddle by now to durant.

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:45 PM
this. You cant beat a statpadder whos hiding with 2 superstar teammates. Had lebron stayed with cleveland, he would be 2nd fiddle by now to durant.

:banghead: :banghead: comeon man, talk with some objectivity and people will respond to you in a positive manner.

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 11:47 PM
2 many phantom foul free throws. Fcuking Melo would be just as good as Durant if he was consistently gifted 15-20FTA games.

First convince me that Durant is better than Paul George or Chris Paul.

Fudge
12-08-2013, 11:51 PM
2 many phantom foul free throws. Fcuking Melo would be just as good as Durant if he was consistently gifted 15-20FTA games.

First convince me that Durant is better than Paul George or Chris Paul.
:roll:

Why don't you convince us why YOU think those guys are better than Durant. :roll: You're in the minority.

Get your head out of your ass doe.

knicksman
12-08-2013, 11:51 PM
:banghead: :banghead: comeon man, talk with some objectivity and people will respond to you in a positive manner.

if lebron is great as what people thinks, he shouldnt disappear against an old team like the spurs. Thats a definition of a statpadder, only good in the regular season but can be defended easily by a nobody

Black and White
12-08-2013, 11:54 PM
if lebron is great as what people thinks, he shouldnt disappear against an old team like the spurs. Thats a definition of a statpadder, only good in the regular season but can be defended easily by a nobody

As i said in an earlier post, Durant also had the same issue of disappearing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of games, LeBron has since fixed that and i would like to hear about a player that can keep LeBron in front of them, there is plently that can slow him down but LeBron is very difficult to be stopped.

NumberSix
12-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Meh. Could be worse. It's not like he completely disappeared against the Grizzlies or something.

knicksman
12-08-2013, 11:58 PM
As i said in an earlier post, Durant also had the same issue of disappearing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of games, LeBron has since fixed that and i would like to hear about a player that can keep LeBron in front of them, there is plently that can slow him down but LeBron is very difficult to be stopped.

but he doesnt disappear like lebron does. Lebron is on the same level as wilt.

NumberSix
12-09-2013, 12:01 AM
This *****. Lol

In the late 4th quarters in the grizzlies series, Durant shot like 10% from the field and less than 50% from the free throw line. **** outta here with that Durant not choking shit. :roll:

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:01 AM

The only real time that LeBron really disappeared was in the finals series against the Mavs, he has made up for it since, I agree that against the spurs he had a few off performances but he dominated in game 7 to win the title and deserves all the credit he got for it, once Durant wins a ring or does something like that then we can revisit this discussion, fair?

knicksman
12-09-2013, 12:05 AM
This *****. Lol

In the late 4th quarters in the grizzlies series, Durant shot like 10% from the field and less than 50% from the free throw line. **** outta here with that Durant not choking shit. :roll:

thats what happens when youre missing a ur pg. Whereas lebron disappears against elite teams :lol

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:07 AM
thats what happens when youre missing a ur pg. Whereas lebron disappears against elite teams :lol

I disagree with this, Kobe has never really had a true pg but has managed to get it done on many occasions. Same with Jordan

tmacattack33
12-09-2013, 12:09 AM

Great.

So player B just had a good regular season game against the same team that player A had two great series against in the playoffs over the past two years (including a few LEGENDARY games and plays), so then you go make a thread about how this means player B is just as good as player A?

And i woulda just known it was a troll thread, but from the looks of ur screen name ur a OKC fan so u might actually be serious?

Fudge
12-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Black and White,

Steven Adams is ur guys's hometown hero down there ya? Well he's on the Thunder. Him being on the Thunder should boost Durants case against LBJ for you. COME ON BRO!!!

knicksman
12-09-2013, 12:11 AM
The only real time that LeBron really disappeared was in the finals series against the Mavs, he has made up for it since, I agree that against the spurs he had a few off performances but he dominated in game 7 to win the title and deserves all the credit he got for it, once Durant wins a ring or does something like that then we can revisit this discussion, fair?

Lebron won because of superior teammates. But his style has never been a winning style. And the only way he could win with it is to have superior teammates to save his ass. When it comes to impact durant, has already been a better player.

knicksman
12-09-2013, 12:12 AM
I disagree with this, Kobe has never really had a true pg but has managed to get it done on many occasions. Same with Jordan

kobe doesnt have a big man's height like durant

Fudge
Great.

So player B just had a good regular season game against the same team that player A had two great series against in the playoffs over the past two years (including a few LEGENDARY games and plays), so then you go make a thread about how this means player B is just as good as player A?

And i woulda just known it was a troll thread, but from the looks of ur screen name ur a OKC fan so u might actually be serious?
Good? :oldlol: Shit was just as legendary bruv.

ripthekik
Lebron won because of superior teammates. But his style has never been a winning style. And the only way he could win with it is to have superior teammates to save his ass. When it comes to impact durant, has already been a better player.
:applause: :applause:
can't ignore a good post when I see one

retaxis
I donnow why you guys are talking about point guards when you have someone like Kobe or Lebron (lack of Basketball Knowledge perhaps). Basketball is about putting the 5 players that fit best on the floor together to handle the opponent teams. A 'true' point guard would hurt Kobe and Lebrons game significantly as they handle the ball mostly themselves and do not require the skill set of a point guard but rather a 3point shooter at the point (fisher, Mario).

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Black and White,

Steven Adams is ur guys's hometown hero down there ya? Well he's on the Thunder. Him being on the Thunder should boost Durants case against LBJ for you. COME ON BRO!!!

Yep Steven Adams is from Rotorua and because of him the NBA is starting to get some good exposure over here, I like the thunder, i like Durant and i want him to win this year because im bored of seeing the heat win, but you just cant put him over LeBron yet, hes got to get it done and I know he has what it takes to do it.

Fudge
12-09-2013, 12:14 AM
:applause: :applause:
can't ignore a good post when I see one
Knick fan spitting knowledge doe.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:15 AM
I donnow why you guys are talking about point guards when you have someone like Kobe or Lebron (lack of Basketball Knowledge perhaps). Basketball is about putting the 5 players that fit best on the floor together to handle the opponent teams. A 'true' point guard would hurt Kobe and Lebrons game significantly as they handle the ball mostly themselves and do not require the skill set of a point guard but rather a 3point shooter at the point (fisher, Mario).

So doesnt that then apply for Durant??? I was just responding to the excuse that was made in regards to not having his pg

NumberSix
12-09-2013, 12:16 AM
That's what happens when you're missing your PG? You suddenly start missing the majority of your free throws? THAT's what happens? Really?

Bigsmoke
12-09-2013, 12:20 AM
The Heat have played like 2 teams with winning records so far and Durant is shitting on top teams, i feel like all of the people with dumbass comments are the ones who overstate LBJ's defensive impact and don't even watch OKC play

Dude You are really obsessed with LebRon. You're starting to sound gay now.

retaxis
12-09-2013, 12:22 AM
So doesnt that then apply for Durant??? I was just responding to the excuse that was made in regards to not having his pg
like I said its about putting the best 5 players on the floor. You want to trade Russel Westbrook for some 3 pt shooting PG specialist? Didn't think so. Westbrook aggressive style of play demands attention and ball watching from opponents meaning KD and friends can get momentary single coverage. This is a significant advantage to elite players like KD/Lebron/Pre-injury Kobe etc.

HoopsFanNumero1
12-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Dude You are really obsessed with LebRon. You're starting to sound gay now.

Starting? :lol

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:25 AM
like I said its about putting the best 5 players on the floor. You want to trade Russel Westbrook for some 3 pt shooting PG specialist? Didn't think so. Westbrook aggressive style of play demands attention and ball watching from opponents meaning KD and friends can get momentary single coverage. This is a significant advantage to elite players like KD/Lebron/Pre-injury Kobe etc.

I would prefer rondo to go with durant tbh, i understand where you are coming from tho, I just didnt think it was the right thing to say about Durant, he is good enough to lead a team with role players like LeBron and Kobe did

knicksman
12-09-2013, 12:29 AM
at the end of the day Durant made OKC contenders in his 3rd season. 1 to 8 is so tight at that time that you could consider an 8th seed team contender whereas it took lebron 7 years to make cleveland contenders. Which is really the same time frame when melo made denver contenders. Thats how impactful hs triple double stats are. :lol

and in before lebron took his team to the finals at age 20 blah blah. Only idiots would consider that team contenders. 2010 OKC would wipe out that team.

retaxis
12-09-2013, 12:30 AM
I would prefer rondo to go with durant tbh, i understand where you are coming from tho, I just didnt think it was the right thing to say about Durant, he is good enough to lead a team with role players like LeBron and Kobe did
Rondo is also quite elite and personally in my opinion he is the best PG in the league (hey we all got opinions right?) but that guy can get a triple double every 2nd night if he wanted. Besides that I wasn't part of the discussion on leading role players but Durant can definitely lead role players like all real superstars can.

raiderfan19
12-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Even if he's coasting lebrons still been better this year. He's shooting 13% better from the field than durant. That's a huge difference even if the true shooting is closer because of Durants ft% but that is actually a huge difference. And by far the biggest statistical difference between the two.

Fudge
12-09-2013, 12:32 AM
at the end of the day Durant made OKC contenders in his 3rd season. 1 to 8 is so tight at that time that you could consider an 8th seed team contender whereas it took lebron 7 years to make cleveland contenders. Which is really the same time frame when melo made denver contenders. Thats how impactful hes triple double stats are. :lol

and in before lebron took his team to the finals at age 20 blah blah. Only idiots would consider that team contenders. 2010 OKC would wipe out that team.
More like 3. He carried them to the Finals in his 4th year.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Rondo is also quite elite and personally in my opinion he is the best PG in the league (hey we all got opinions right?) but that guy can get a triple double every 2nd night if he wanted. Besides that I wasn't part of the discussion on leading role players but Durant can definitely lead role players like all real superstars can.

I agree with you, Rondo is the best pure pg in the league (im a celtics fan so a little biased), but he does not hold the ball as much as westbrook, and even if he does hold the ball he has the iq to know what to do with it to find the highest percentage shot possible.

And in regards to the second part, i think that people are mistaking me here, i believe Durant is good enough to lead a team on his own, and thats why i got bothered by the pg excuse, he doesnt need excuses to be made for him, he is a superstar.

knicksman
12-09-2013, 12:36 AM

Because lebron cries for help when his style says he doesnt need any. A scorer is much more efficient if he plays off the ball than on the ball but because lebron loves stats, hed rather be the pg and winning is just 2nd in priority. Even jordan settled for less stats for rings. But you have lebron whod rather cheat than to sacrifice stats so his dumbass fans would continue to overrate the shit out of him.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Because lebron cries for help when his style says he doesnt need any. A scorer is much more efficient if he plays off the ball than on the ball but because lebron loves stats, hed rather be the pg and winning is just 2nd in priority. Even jordan settled for less stats for rings. But you have lebron whod rather cheat than to sacrifice stats so his dumbass fans would continue to overrate the shit out of him.

:biggums: What???? LeBron made winning his priority, thats why he went to Miami

wfb
12-09-2013, 12:41 AM
knicksman, still mad that Lebron chose the Heat instead of his train wreck team.

On topic, when he's better than Lebron. Maybe when OKC finally beats Miami, I'll consider it. :D

To4
12-09-2013, 12:42 AM
the unlucky thing about being durant is like his the clyde drexler of this era.. and Lebron is MJ in this era.. but in SF positions.. Durant will always be overshadowed by LBJ unless durant can get over the hump..

knicksman
12-09-2013, 12:43 AM
:biggums: What???? LeBron made winning his priority, thats why he went to Miami

Do you think lebron would have those mvps had he stayed with cle? No fan, no matter how stupid, would still vote for lebron if he continues to fail in the playoffs

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Do you think lebron would have those mvps had he stayed with cle? No fan, no matter how stupid, would still vote for lebron if he continues to fail in the playoffs

But MVPs arent based on the playoffs, so he would have still been beasting in the regular season and would have prob won the mvp the year rose won it instead.

knicksman
the unlucky thing about being durant is like his the clyde drexler of this era.. and Lebron is MJ in this era.. but in SF positions.. Durant will always be overshadowed by LBJ unless durant can get over the hump..

LOL you got it wrong. When it comes to style, lebron plays the same as drexler while durant same as jordan

EllEffEll
Durant's game has not fully matured yet IMHO. Sure, he gets his points, but there is more to it than that. LeBron has only recently filled in many of the gaps in his overall game.

Throwing down better numbers in some categories doesn't necessarily make him better (though 'better' will always be at least somewhat subjective since we have no mutually agreed upon criteria), and him being around 13% less efficient in FG% (not to mention within 1% of Kobe's lifetime FG% so far this season, when Kobe consistently gets reamed for being a 'chucker') is problematic for this argument.

The ultimate point of playing the game is to win a championship at the end of the season. Putting up arguably (and marginally) better numbers in selective categories with the regular season less than 25% completed, does not a better player make.

Durant has some excellent playoff games, and then he also has some less than great, and he hasn't shown himself to be the type of leader than LBJ has only recently shown himself to have become. Durant doesn't appear to me to make his teammates better as much as LBJ does either.

The NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint. When Durant leads his team to the promised land in June, I'll be impressed enough to more seriously entertain the question.

knicksman
12-09-2013, 12:47 AM
But MVPs arent based on the playoffs, so he would have still been beasting in the regular season and would have prob won the mvp the year rose won it instead.

People will eventually get tired.

To4
12-09-2013, 12:47 AM
LOL you got it wrong. When it comes to style, lebron plays the same as drexler while durant same as jordan

i mean the popularity and the skills.. i know durant is abit more effiecient than lebron.. but like in defense, intangibles.. LBJ has him beat. but the only way that durant can be better than LBJ is if can get over the hump, or hope that LBJ declines a bit in athletic ability

Black and White
12-09-2013, 12:51 AM
People will eventually get tired.

This may be true, but that wouldn't have stopped him from winning them up until now, this is the year i think we will see a new MVP, i think it will be between Paul George and Durant, (George is dependent on the pacers record).

KingBeasley08
12-09-2013, 01:00 AM
When he actually proves it. Saw Durant play against the Wiz and his stats were a lot better than he looked

iTare
12-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Yikes.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-09-2013, 01:03 AM
When he can shut down Mario Chalmers.

I.R.Beast
12-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Lebron post season exploits are overrated...smh... what has he done against a team with a winning record in the post season before joining the stacked heat...smh

Suguru101
12-09-2013, 03:59 AM
When he can shut down Mario Chalmers.

:roll: :roll:

Or when he gets Batum's zipcode from the NSA. Rumor is, he's still trying to catch the dude.

BlazerRed
12-09-2013, 04:08 AM
This year, yes. KD is the MVP so far this season. Overall, no.

moe94
12-09-2013, 04:09 AM
This year, yes. KD is the MVP so far this season. Overall, no.

What? Forget MVP, you think Durant is a better individual player than LeBron this year? I mean, exactly what are you basing this off? His rebounding numbers? :oldlol:

TheCorporation
12-09-2013, 04:10 AM
Better in what way? Because as of now all I know is that LeBron has 4 MVPs, 2 Finals MVPs, and he stole KD's lunch money in the 2012 NBA Finals.

As far as this season goes, KD is looking really good, but so is LBJ.

KG215
12-09-2013, 04:38 AM
Throwing down better numbers in some categories doesn't necessarily make him better (though 'better' will always be at least somewhat subjective since we have no mutually agreed upon criteria), and him being around 13% less efficient in FG% (not to mention within 1% of Kobe's lifetime FG% so far this season, when Kobe consistently gets reamed for being a 'chucker') is problematic for this argument.

I agree with everything else you said, so that's why I'm focusing on this part. Durant's had similarly inefficient Novembers. For whatever reason he just doesn't start playing his best ball until December and January. After tonight he's average 31 PPG on 55/47/91 shooting in 5 games this month and I believe he's up to 47% or 48% FG; If you want to include TS%, he's also now at around 61% on the year. Kobe's never really even come close to a 61% TS season. His best TS% season is 58% in 2007; Durant has already posted 6 seasons of 58% TS or better, is a career 59% TSer, and has already eclipsed the 60% TS mark three times and this year will probably be number four.

Trollsmasher
12-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Imho KD has been probably better this season so far. LeBron has been coasting some and had a bad back which clearly restrained him. Hopefully he is now starting to pick up the pace (even though those turnovers are terrible and he is being frekin' careless).

Call me mad when I am not ready to proclaim KD a better player after 20 games though:lol

BlazerRed
12-09-2013, 04:56 AM
What? Forget MVP, you think Durant is a better individual player than LeBron this year? I mean, exactly what are you basing this off? His rebounding numbers? :oldlol:
Yes, I do, and I'm not the only one:

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/?ls=iref:nba:gnav

Durant: 29/8/5 with 1 block, 1.5 steal, 3.5 turnovers.

Lebron: 25/6/6 with .5 block, 1.3 steals and 3.8 turnovers.

Durant is leading in every category minus assists and FG%.. and Durant is shooting 10% better from the FT line.

I'm not saying Durant is a better player, because he isn't.. but he's the best player so far this season.

Thunder, although it's close, have the better record in a tougher conference.

BlazerRed
12-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Imho KD has been probably better this season so far. LeBron has been coasting some and had a bad back which clearly restrained him. Hopefully he is now starting to pick up the pace (even though those turnovers are terrible and he is being frekin' careless).

Call me mad when I am not ready to proclaim KD a better player after 20 games though:lol
KD is averaging LESS turnovers than Lebron, believe it or not.

TheCorporation
12-09-2013, 04:58 AM

Word. KD might be having a slightly better season thus far, but

a) LeBron is still the better player, everyone knows this. KD hasn't done enough in 20 games to take the throne.

b) LBJ has been coasting.

TheCorporation
12-09-2013, 05:00 AM
KD is averaging LESS turnovers than Lebron, believe it or not.

His efficiency is down this year, though.

47% FG
37% 3P

The lowest they've been in his last 3 seasons (including this year).

moe94
12-09-2013, 05:01 AM
Yes, I do, and I'm not the only one:

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/?ls=iref:nba:gnav

Durant: 29/8/5 with 1 block, 1.5 steal, 3.5 turnovers.

Lebron: 25/6/6 with .5 block, 1.3 steals and 3.8 turnovers.

Durant is leading in every category minus assists and FG%.. and Durant is shooting 10% better from the FT line.

I'm not saying Durant is a better player, because he isn't.. but he's the best player so far this season.

Kind of a big deal. Kind of a massive deal. It's by far the biggest disparity between the two.

TheCorporation
12-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Kind of a big deal. Kind of a massive deal. It's by far the biggest disparity between the two.

Not to mention 3p% too.

44 vs 37 I believe.

LeBron also plays good defense, gets his teammates open looks, etc.

moe94
12-09-2013, 05:06 AM
I also like how stats are used to judge some players while dismissed against others. Durant > LeBron because raw stats say so but you cannot compare Blake to LMA, why? Explain that one to me.

BlazerRed
12-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot FG% was the MOST IMPORTANT STAT in the NBA. If he's shooting so well, why isn't he shooting more? Then his team might be winning more.. or he's content making his stats look pretty?

Give me a break. No need to be a douche. You seem to be getting very upset over me stating Lebron isn't the best this year :rolleyes:

Not to mention 3p% too.

44 vs 37 I believe.

LeBron also plays good defense, gets his teammates open looks, etc.

Yeah, because Durant isn't getting his team mates open shots.. :facepalm Durant is also a great 1 v 1 defender. Not as good as Lebron though.

moe94
12-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot FG% was the MOST IMPORTANT STAT in the NBA. If he's shooting so well, why isn't he shooting more? Then his team might be winning more.. or he's content making his stats look pretty?

Give me a break. No need to be a douche. You seem to be getting very upset over me stating Lebron isn't the best this year :rolleyes:

No one is upset but you, friend. :sleeping

Your 9empire tier logic is truly enlightening, by the way. I thought you were a real poster, not a troll. Sorry.

TheCorporation
12-09-2013, 05:16 AM
Yeah, because Durant isn't getting his team mates open shots.. :facepalm Durant is also a great 1 v 1 defender. Not as good as Lebron though.

I never said Durant wasn't, but please don't try to compare KD's passing/court vision and ability to find the open man to LBJ...

BlazerRed
12-09-2013, 05:21 AM
I never said Durant wasn't, but please don't try to compare KD's passing/court vision and ability to find the open man to LBJ...

I'm not, but their assists are ONE apart.. remember, I'm going solely on this year's play.

No one is upset but you, friend. :sleeping

Your 9empire tier logic is truly enlightening, by the way. I thought you were a real poster, not a troll. Sorry.
Says the homer completely disregarding the fact that KD is leading practically every statistical category while leading his team to the better record.. :sleeping I'm a unbiased third party who enjoys both players, but Durant is having the better season so far. Lebron has coasted a bit though, but you can't judge play on what someone COULD be doing.

Nash
12-09-2013, 05:25 AM
If Lebron ends up averaging 60% or around that mark while his team is top 3 I'm pretty sure they'll have a hard time giving the MVP to someobody else.

Also, KD is playing out of his mind while Lebron is coasting yet Lebron is still posting 24 points and 9 assists just last night.

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 05:34 AM
If Lebron ends up averaging 60% or around that mark while his team is top 3 I'm pretty sure they'll have a hard time giving the MVP to someobody else.

I don't know, Iverson won MVP over O'Neal.

Also, KD is playing out of his mind while Lebron is coasting yet Lebron is still posting 24 points and 9 assists just last night

MVP vote should be for the player who performs best in a given season, regardless of the past or who's coasting.

Nash
12-09-2013, 05:41 AM
I don't know, Iverson won MVP over O'Neal.

MVP vote should be for the player who performs best in a given season, regardless of the past or who's coasting.
O'Neill is a big man. Lebron is shooting 60% with 26 ppg. And he's a perimeter player. it's unprecedented.

And Lebron is not coasting, clearly he's not. He's making baskets on 60%, obviously he's taking an effort to never miss. And he's playing less minutes than he did before and that is probably why his apg and rpg are down.

shallehalle
12-09-2013, 06:34 AM
For all the stat freaks Lebron plays 4 MIN per game less than Durant and is clearly coasting much of the time and they have almost the same stats, so i don't think you can say that Durant is better than Lebron

russwest0
12-09-2013, 06:43 AM
For all the stat freaks Lebron plays 4 MIN per game less than Durant and is clearly coasting much of the time and they have almost the same stats, so i don't think you can say that Durant is better than Lebron

Durant is averaging 29/8/5. Wouldn't say they have almost the same stats.

The double standard with LeBron on this forum is hilarious though now that he's on a stacked ass team and has finally won a ring. It's like people forget the best individual series since LeBron has been in Miami is what KD did vs the Spurs 2 years ago.

BlazerRed
12-09-2013, 06:51 AM
All this "coasting" talk is pathetic.. seriously. You can't prop a player up to be better than he's actually playing by saying he's "coasting". It doesn't work that way. If anything, he shouldn't have to be coasting. What, he can't handle the rigors of an NBA season? Give me a break :facepalm Pau Gasol is the greatest player in the league, dude's just coasting though.

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 07:12 AM
And Lebron is not coasting, clearly he's not. He's making baskets on 60%, obviously he's taking an effort to never miss. And he's playing less minutes than he did before and that is probably why his apg and rpg are down.

I don't care whether Lebron is coasting or not. It's irrelevant to the MVP discussion. So are his past 4 MVPs and 2 titles. I don't know why they get brought up at all. It only matters who has the best season this year. So far, I'd give the nod to Durant.

pauk
12-09-2013, 07:26 AM

Lebron PPG per 36 - 26.0 @ 59-44-79 and 68.3 TS%, 63.8 eFG%
Durant PPG per 36 - 26.9 @ 47-38-89 and 61.4 TS%, 51.8 eFG%
Lebron wins

Lebron PPG w/o FTs - 19.6 in 35 mpg, 9.1 FGs made (20.1 per 36, 9.4 FGs made)
Durant PPG w/o FTs - 19.6 in 39 mpg, 8.9 FGs made (18.2 per 36, 8.3 FGs made)
Lebron wins

Lebron APG per 36 - 6.4
Durant APG per 36 - 4.6
Lebron wins

Lebron RPG per 36 - 6.3
Durant RPG per 36 - 7.7
Durant wins

Lebron SPG per 36 - 1.3
Durant SPG per 36 - 1.3
Tie

Lebron BPG per 36 - 0.4
Durant BPG per 36 - 0.8
Durant wins

Lebron offensive accountability per 36 (PPG+APG) - 26.0 + 6.4 (1 assist = 2-3 points) = 39 to 45 PPG
Durant offensive accountability per 36 (PPG+APG) - 26.9 + 4.6 (1 assist = 2-3 points) = 36 to 41 PPG
Lebron wins

Hence why....

Lebron PER - 29.6 (#1 in NBA)
Durant PER - 27.9 (#4 in NBA)

&

Lebron WinShare - 4.4 (29% ws/48) (#1 in NBA)
Durant WinShare - 4.3 (27% ws/48)

I love Durant.... but he is where he is... behind Lebron.... and when considering who has better outcome/success (MVP, Rings, FMVP) Lebron increases the gap.... Something else Lebron is better at like defense/versatility/intangibles/IQ cant be measured in stats either...

Hoopz2332
12-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Lebron PPG per 36 - 26.0 @ 59-44-79 and 68.3 TS%, 63.8 eFG%
Durant PPG per 36 - 26.9 @ 47-38-89 and 61.4 TS%, 51.8 eFG%
Lebron wins

Lebron PPG w/o FTs - 19.6 in 35 mpg (20.1 per 36)
Durant PPG w/o FTs - 19.6 in 39 mpg (18.2 per 36)
Lebron wins

Lebron APG per 36 - 6.4
Durant APG per 36 - 4.6
Lebron wins

Lebron RPG per 36 - 6.3
Durant RPG per 36 - 7.7
Durant wins

Lebron SPG per 36 - 1.3
Durant SPG per 36 - 1.3
Tie

Lebron BPG per 36 - 0.4
Durant BPG per 36 - 0.8
Durant wins

Lebron offensive accountability per 36 (PPG+APG) - 26.0 + 6.4 (1 assist = 2-3 points) = 39-45 PPG
Durant offensive accountability per 36 (PPG+APG) - 26.9 + 4.6 (1 assist = 2-3 points) = 36-41 PPG
Lebron wins

Hence why....

Lebron PER - 29.6 (#1 in NBA)
Durant PER - 27.9 (#4 in NBA)

&

Lebron WinShare - 4.4 (29% ws/48) (#1 in NBA)
Durant WinShare - 4.3 (27% ws/48)

I love Durant.... but he is where he is... behind Lebron.... and when considering who has better outcome/success (MVP, Rings, FMVP) Lebron increases the gap.... Something else Lebron is better at like defense/versatility/intangibles/IQ cant be measured in stats either...

:applause:

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 07:29 AM
So MVPs should be handed out based on PER?

Who cares if Lebron has better numbers per 36 minutes? NBA games are 48 minutes, last I checked. And Durant's numbers are better over 48 minutes. Ergo, Durant is having the better season.

Dave3
12-09-2013, 07:32 AM
The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding...from both sides.

LeBron fans saying "when he gets those rings/fMVP" as if they weren't saying "those are team accomplishments" just 2 years ago. If that's your argument (I'm looking at you pauk) was LeBron not better than Kobe until 2012? I thought LeBron was better since 2009, but I guess I was wrong.

And Lakers fans posting stats to make their point. That's amazing.

2008 stats:
Kobe - 28/6/5 w/ 1.8 spg and 0.5 bpg on 58% TS
LeBron - 30/9/7 w/ 1.8 spg and 1.1 bpg on 57% TS

I guess Kobe fans on the other hand think LeBron's been better than Kobe since 2008.

Interesting how LeBron and Kobe fans completely switched their arguments. Almost as if they fit the argument to their agenda and not actually for the validity of the argument itself...:rolleyes:

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 07:36 AM
PER, the most overrated stat of all time. Now it's an interesting stat to look at, but rating players based on their per 36 minutes? No, simply no. So a guy like Wilt gets penalized for playing the entire game. He's less efficient per minute. Yeah, well he's also more durable. Maybe if he averaged 40 minutes for his career, he could have been a little more efficient with his minutes.

Or maybe if Durant could just pick and choose his shots, like Lebron is now able to do in Miami, then he would also be up there in efficiency. That's not to discredit Lebron or Miami, as they have a great thing going there. But the situation is a little different.

russwest0
12-09-2013, 07:37 AM

Who cares if Lebron has better numbers per 36 minutes? NBA games are 48 minutes, last I checked. And Durant's numbers are better over 48 minutes. Ergo, Durant is having the better season.

This. Stop with the bullshit "This is what LeBron would do if he's playing more minutes." He's not so those stats don't mean shit. There is only the real world, what is actually happening.

And stop with this fcking stupid ass bullshit of "LBJ is a better defender." WHERE THE FCK DOES THIS COME FROM. ARE PEOPLE NOT WATCHING THE SAME SHIT I AM THIS SEASON. LBJ's effort on that end has been a goddamn joke yet you want to talk about what LeBron would be doing with even more minutes? He's getting burned every bit as much as he did last year in the playoffs even though all of you LeCock suxers just ignored it.

Before the game tonight when asked about Paul George, Kendrick Perkins basically said "I know KD doesn't want me answering this question, because he's tired of hearing about Paul George." And then KD went out and ****ing dominated him. And being LeBron fans I know you will look at the box score to make judgements about impact but Paul George got like 70% of his points in garbage time when Durant was resting. As soon as he got the lead under 20 Durant checked in, dominated him again, and went back to the bench to rest for the night.

Zero objectivity when it comes to LeBron from some of you. Unreal. Durant has had like 5 to 6 of the top 10 individual performances so far this season and he's doing it vs one of the leagues toughest schedules while Miami has the easiest SOS and you still have to use false stats that don't even exist to try to discredit Durant who has been dominating this year.

Get LeBrons cawk out of your ****ing mouth, just because ESPN isn't talking about what Durant is doing doesn't mean it doesn't deserve attention.

pauk
12-09-2013, 07:40 AM

MVPs are handed out to the best player (not necessarily the best player in the world) on the best team (preferaly best team record), if you go by this criteria you will understand why the undisputed best player in the world (or better player) during various times in NBA history lost MVPs to lesser players (like Barkley/Malone over Jordan or Iverson over Shaq or Nash over Kobe or recently Rose over Lebron etc.).... at this moment its to early to tell who #1 is so easy, but i think its between Durant, Lebron & George...

It matters because that means the players impact is greater the moment he steps on the court per possession on both ends.... because of that the player needs less possessions/minutes to do his damage.... the better player playing less minutes means he wasnt needed to play more in order to win...

PS: ...and no, Durants numbers aint better PER 48 either, if they aint better at PER 10, PER 20, PER 30, PER 40 then it is logically not better during any timeframe considering its per minute production, the variation doesnt change.....

BlazerRed
12-09-2013, 07:56 AM
All I've gathered from the last page or two is Lebron stans think Lebron is having a better season because he is "coasting" or because of stats he should HYPOTHETICALLY be putting up.. ****ing ISH man :facepalm

Andrei89
12-09-2013, 08:13 AM
At what point do people reply 150 times to a known troll?

:lol :lol :lol

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 08:17 AM
It matters because that means the players impact is greater the moment he steps on the court per possession on both ends.... because of that the player needs less possessions/minutes to do his damage.... the better player playing less minutes means he wasnt needed to play more in order to win...

I've never before heard such criteria for MVP.

PS: ...and no, Durants numbers aint better PER 48 either, if they aint better at PER 10, PER 20, PER 30, PER 40 then it is logically not better during any timeframe considering its per minute production, the variation doesnt change.....

Let's check again:

Durant: 28.9/8.3/5.0/1.4/0.9
Lebron: 25.4/6.2/6.3/1.3/0.4

Looks like something's wrong with your argument. Perhaps it's because a player's averages aren't based on PER calculations. They're based on the actual numbers a guy puts up during a game.

Hoopz2332
12-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Just wait until lebron turns it up again. Dude is on cruise control right now....not even really trying all that hard (you can tell by his rebounding alone). Just like last season when people were calling Durant MVP and then Lebron kicked it into overdrive and crushed his comp (Durant) in the process...

LeBron & Durant battle to close 1st half of season!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaTbGGGm354

DUrant will finish 2nd again

http://i.imgur.com/SvZYabx.jpg

russwest0
12-09-2013, 08:32 AM
^Ok, but if LeBron doesn't "turn it up" and they finish with the same statlines despite Durant playing in the much tougher West and being the better defender what excuses will you guys have? You will cling to the bullshit ring arguments, the same shit you guys criticized kobetards for...

moe94
12-09-2013, 09:23 AM
I've never before heard such criteria for MVP.

Let's check again:

Durant: 28.9/8.3/5.0/1.4/0.9
Lebron: 25.4/6.2/6.3/1.3/0.4

Looks like something's wrong with your argument. Perhaps it's because a player's averages aren't based on PER calculations. They're based on the actual numbers a guy puts up during a game.

You're looking at raw PPG numbers without taking into context shooting percentages. By your account, Iverson is a better player than anyone has been for a long time.

NumberSix
12-09-2013, 09:33 AM
LeBron is better than Durant. It's not close.

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 09:39 AM
You're looking at raw PPG numbers without taking into context shooting percentages. By your account, Iverson is a better player than anyone has been for a long time.

Good thing I don't just look at PPG. So, does Lebron's FG% make up for the point, rebounding and block differential?

I<3NBA
12-09-2013, 09:40 AM
at the point Durant wins a championship. last i know 2>0

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 09:41 AM
LeBron is better than Durant. It's not close.

It's been close the past couple seasons. Durant had a great season last year. He joined the exclusive 50-40-90 club, while being the 2nd leading scorer. That's Larry Bird territory.

NumberSix
12-09-2013, 09:46 AM
It's been close the past couple seasons. Durant had a great season last year. He joined the exclusive 50-40-90 club, while being the 2nd leading scorer. That's Larry Bird territory.
Not really. We pretend its a lot closer than it really is.

Trollsmasher
12-09-2013, 09:47 AM
When is LeBron playing Durant? I am getting tired of this shit. I need to see Durant getting owned again.

The double standard with LeBron on this forum is hilarious though now that he's on a stacked ass team and has finally won a ring. It's like people forget the best individual series since LeBron has been in Miami is what KD did vs the Spurs 2 years ago.No

iznogood
12-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Durant is playing better basketball at the moment in my opinion.
I really like how his game evolved - he managed to put on some mass and became very efficient on the block and he's not getting bullied anymore. But for me the biggest improvement this season is his passing, his decision making and the way he plays pick and rolls. James was better by far in this category, but Durant has made a dramatic improvement in this category and makes very good plays.

Frozen1
12-09-2013, 10:34 AM
When Lebron playing bored/with a back injury/on cruise control/on a stacked team/less minutes puts almost the same numbers as Durant who is trying hard, you know Lebron is better.

And look, i

Fudge
12-09-2013, 10:38 AM
LeBron aint even trying in the RS doeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Do people really say that to back up LeBrons play so far this season? :oldlol:

Dresta
12-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Lebron is clearly better. Only reason Durant is even close is because he gets handed so many FTs of which he shoots a very high percentage. smh how does a guy that shoots 80% jumpshots get so many fts :facepalm . It is likely because Durant is still hella skinny and weak as shit so the refs protect him with bullshit calls every night.

Fudge
12-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Lebron is clearly better. Only reason Durant is even close is because he gets handed so many FTs of which he shoots a very high percentage. smh how does a guy that shoots 80% jumpshots get so many fts :facepalm . It is likely because Durant is still hella skinny and weak as shit so the refs protect him with bullshit calls every night.
:roll: THAT makes it close?

The ignorance on this board is at an all time high right now. You skipping class in the morning, kid?

chosen_wun
12-09-2013, 10:47 AM
:lol
And then you woke up OP. Whatta fgt

Dresta
12-09-2013, 10:58 AM
:roll: THAT makes it close?

The ignorance on this board is at an all time high right now. You skipping class in the morning, kid?
No reply aside from calling someone ignorant and a kid.

typical response of a child :rolleyes:

Fudge
12-09-2013, 11:13 AM
No reply aside from calling someone ignorant and a kid.

typical response of a child :rolleyes:
Aren't you not tho?

Stringer Bell
12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
We'll say it the day Durant actually is better than Lebron.

Purch
12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
The moment he actually becomes a better player

Project018
12-09-2013, 11:53 AM
The moment he actually becomes a better player

This. And he's not their yet

Andrei89
12-09-2013, 11:59 AM
LeBron aint even trying in the RS doeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Do people really say that to back up LeBrons play so far this season? :oldlol:

Yeah. Because he really stopped caring.

Is all about the playoffs. Back2back Championships and the best player in the world.

Durant is not better than Lebron James

PJR
12-09-2013, 12:03 PM
LeBron's better, but the gap isn't insurmountable. LeBron is just a flat out more impactful defender, though. Durant does a lot of ball watching defensively, and isn't close to being as active in regards to help/team defense than LeBron. LeBron's versatility on defense is what sets him apart from the rest of the league.

NumberSix
12-09-2013, 12:03 PM
When he starts earning his stats on his own merits, not BS phantom calls.

VIntageNOvel
12-09-2013, 12:13 PM
lebron stan wont ever admit it,
because if they do, they must admit two people are better than lebron

Dresta
12-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Aren't you not tho?
Obviously not.

:coleman:

chosen_wun
12-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Aren't you not tho?
*Are you not

riseagainst
12-09-2013, 12:40 PM
When he starts earning his stats on his own merits, not BS phantom calls.

:roll: :roll:

the irony. Durant earns stats from phantom calls, Lebron gets handed rings with phantom calls.

SilkkTheShocker
12-09-2013, 01:10 PM
It's been hilarious watching LeBron haters doing everything they can to discredit him this season. People don't realize the actual effect the 2013 Finals had on the haters. They are legit still angry about what happened. Some posters haven't been the same.

SavageMode
12-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Funny how this thread pops up the same night Kobe gets disowned by this whole forum. Valiant damage control by the Kobe stans.

Kobe is done. You little Kobe stans can sit down now. Lebron owns Kobe now. Get over it.

SilkkTheShocker
12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Funny how this thread pops up the same night Kobe gets disowned by this whole forum. Valiant damage control by the Kobe stans.

Kobe is done. You little Kobe stans can sit down now. Lebron owns Kobe now. Get over it.

LeBron has owned Kobe since he came into the league. What's Kobe's record against Cavs/Heat since 03? :oldlol: As for the people saying Durant, it's going to be the same thing that happened last season. Durant is going to have the hype for MVP at he beginning of the season. Until LeBron goes back into hick town, outplays KD again, and gets all the MVP hype the rest of the way. People, Kevin Durant is LeBron James' b.itch. The man made Durant like a little a b.itch on national television.

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 01:29 PM

I thought this was about Durant. What does Kobe have to do with anything?

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
People, Kevin Durant is LeBron James' b.itch. The man made Durant like a little a b.itch on national television.

You mean when Durant averaged 30 in the finals? That's not something which has been done by a lot of people. Lebron hasn't done it in four tries. Not even when Diaw was giving him a five foot cushion.

SavageMode
12-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I thought this was about Durant. What does Kobe have to do with anything?
Kobe stans just trying to play damage control. Nothing new here guys, move along. We all know when Lebron goes to hicktown, he'll shut KD down with ease. It's the same old story. KD will always be number 2 to Lebron.

xoracle55
12-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Durant can make a good case for himself someday and that remains to be seen but the best player in the world right now resides in Miami not OKC or Indiana..

SilkkTheShocker
12-09-2013, 01:35 PM
You mean when Durant averaged 30 in the finals? That's not something which has been done by a lot of people. Lebron hasn't done it in four tries. Not even when Diaw was giving him a five foot cushion.

He scored 30 a game, but did nothing else. No defense, no playmaking, etc. When Westbrick had the ball he just stood behind the 3 pt line. OKC even tried hiding him on Chalmers, and he still went off the game KD guarded him :oldlol: Durant is a b.itch that will forever be known as #2 at everything.

SilkkTheShocker
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Durant can make a good case for himself someday and that remains to be seen but the best player in the world right now resides in Miami not OKC or Indiana..

Don't be stupid, George, Durant, Rose, etc are all better than LeBron according to this board. Ignore the fact they do nothing but lose to him. They are just better. Lets leave it at that!

riseagainst
12-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Don't be stupid, George, Durant, Rose, etc are all better than LeBron according to this board. Ignore the fact they do nothing but lose to him. They are just better. Lets leave it at that!

lol @ Rose.

But here's the top 4 sf in the league right now:

1. Durant
2. George
3. Melo
4. Lebron

lol you mad?

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Kobe stans just trying to play damage control. Nothing new here guys, move along. We all know when Lebron goes to hicktown, he'll shut KD down with ease. It's the same old story. KD will always be number 2 to Lebron.

I like Kobe about as much as I like Lebron. KD won't always be number 2 to Lebron for the simple fact that when KD is in his prime, Lebron will be on the decline. And anyway, KD might catch Lebron this season. He's closed the gap the past two, and you know with Lebron coasting and all ...

Marchesk
12-09-2013, 02:14 PM
He scored 30 a game, but did nothing else. No defense, no playmaking, etc. When Westbrick had the ball he just stood behind the 3 pt line. OKC even tried hiding him on Chalmers, and he still went off the game KD guarded him :oldlol: Durant is a b.itch that will forever be known as #2 at everything.

Like Lebron was in Cleveland? KD's only 25.

Anyway, Lebron will never truly eclipse Wilt's accomplishments.

Wilt > Lebron and it's not even close.

SilkkTheShocker
12-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Like Lebron was in Cleveland? KD's only 25.

Anyway, Lebron will never truly eclipse Wilt's accomplishments.

Wilt > Lebron and it's not even close.

You're tying too hard now.

Fudge
12-09-2013, 02:23 PM
*Are you not
:facepalm

LeBron stans in a nutshell.

gts
12-09-2013, 02:25 PM

thread was created by a OKC thunder fan yesterday but you just keep lobbing those cream pies at the wrong fan base clownie

iTare
12-09-2013, 02:28 PM
1. LeBron

2. KD

3. Chris Paul
4. PG24

RoundMoundOfReb
12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
1. LeBron

2. KD

3. Chris Paul
4. PG24
This.

Mr Exlax
12-09-2013, 02:54 PM
I can't remember, but I think it was the last time OKC and Miami played. LeBron held KD almost scoreless through the first half and LeBron sat out I think the 3rd or the 4th and that's when KD scored most of his points. LeBron made the guy look like he's not even out there. That's what pains me the most. Durant puts up great stats against EVERYONE except for LeBron. I know LeBron won't stop him everytime or anything, but man he just makes him look so bad. Makes him look bad on both ends. Until he at least makes LeBron have a bad game, he's not sniffing the guys socks.

NumberSix
12-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I can't remember, but I think it was the last time OKC and Miami played. LeBron held KD almost scoreless through the first half and LeBron sat out I think the 3rd or the 4th and that's when KD scored most of his points. LeBron made the guy look like he's not even out there. That's what pains me the most. Durant puts up great stats against EVERYONE except for LeBron. I know LeBron won't stop him everytime or anything, but man he just makes him look so bad. Makes him look bad on both ends. Until he at least makes LeBron have a bad game, he's not sniffing the guys socks.
That's pretty typical of Durant though. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone really watch their first OKC game and be like "is this what it's always like watching Durant play"?

Fudge
12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
That's pretty typical of Durant though. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone really watch their first OKC game and be like "is this what it's always like watching Durant play"?
:oldlol:

Stahp.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
This.

I disagree with Chris Paul being over George, i think Paul is a little overrated and overall i would def take George over him

moe94
12-09-2013, 04:51 PM
I disagree with Chris Paul being over George, i think Paul is a little overrated and overall i would def take George over him

When did this happen where it's cool to think he's overrated?

Better yet, when did it become cool to crown PG as being the 3rd best player in the league? I remember people said at least give them a full year of play before saying anything. Shit even then, PG is absolutely not better than Paul. :coleman:

Black and White
12-09-2013, 04:54 PM
When did this happen where it's cool to think he's overrated?

Better yet, when did it become cool to crown PG as being the 3rd best player in the league? I remember people said at least give them a full year of play before saying anything. Shit even then, PG is absolutely not better than Paul. :coleman:

Production wise PG is not better, but what i meant was going forward i would rather take George because he is young, has size etc.

Hoopz2332
12-09-2013, 04:59 PM

It was this game below..

LeBron James Full Highlights 2013.02.14 at Thunder - 39 Pts, 12 Rebs, 7 Assists. - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeB7pr3NpfE&hd=1

LBJ took Durant's soul in this game:oldlol: Durant didn't do anything until late in the game when Miami started coasting they were down by like 20 and he got gift wrapped a ton Ft's.:coleman:

Mr Exlax
12-09-2013, 05:05 PM
It was this game below..

LeBron James Full Highlights 2013.02.14 at Thunder - 39 Pts, 12 Rebs, 7 Assists. - YouTube

LBJ took Durant's soul in this game:oldlol: Durant didn't do anything until late in the game when Miami started coasting they were down by like 20 and he got gift wrapped a ton Ft's.:coleman:

Repped. That's the game. I didn't see that one coming at all. I know LeBron is better and I like him more, but I had actually felt sorry for Durant that game. Up until the playoffs when he said, "This my city!" against my 8th seed Houston Rockets.

Trollsmasher
12-09-2013, 05:05 PM
It was this game below..

Yeah, Durant got about 15 garbage time free throws. It was the same in the Finals - LeBron winning the games with Durant scoring the most meaningless and impactless points I have ever seen. And some people today try to imply that he even outplayed LeBron:lol

It is the same everytime these two meet. And it's getting worse, because LeBron is in Durant's head.

edit::lol at LeBron at 0:44 with a rip through. The guy just laughs at Durant's game in his own house and completly shits all over him:roll:

Black and White
12-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I think this thread is finished, OP got his answer and that is that no arguement can be made to put Durant over LeBron yet, give it a few years then start this thread again.

Hoopz2332
12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
two meet. And it's getting worse, because LeBron is in Durant's head.

edit::lol at LeBron at 0:44 with a rip through. The guy just laughs at Durant's game in his own house and completly shits all over him:roll:

:oldlol:

SavageMode
12-10-2013, 01:17 AM
It was this game below..

I remember this game. One of the greatest performances I've seen by a single player.

stephanieg
12-10-2013, 05:16 AM
It's interesting because they're both gimmicky players. LeBron is about trampling over players and traveling, Durant with the gifted FTs. LeBron's method seems superior when they go head to head though. It'd be more interesting without their gimmicks though.

moe94
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
It's interesting because they're both gimmicky players. LeBron is about trampling over players and traveling, Durant with the gifted FTs. LeBron's method seems superior when they go head to head though. It'd be more interesting without their gimmicks though.

They're only good because they're good. If they weren't so good, they wouldn't be good.

About sums your post.

NumberSix
12-10-2013, 03:14 PM
The day that Durant makes LeBron look as invisible head2head as LeBron has made Durant look, then we'll talk.

russwest0
12-10-2013, 03:15 PM
The day that Durant makes LeBron look as invisible head2head as LeBron has made Durant look, then we'll talk.

That awkward moment when Durant was a better offensive player than LeBron during the 2011 finals

SavageMode
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
That awkward moment when Durant was a better offensive player than LeBron during the 2011 finals
Was he? Why does Lebron always shut down and beat Durant then?
Didn't Lebron own Durant in the 2012 finals?

Next.:roll: :roll:

russwest0
12-10-2013, 03:17 PM

Durant averaged over 30 PPG on 50%+... LeBron has never done that in a finals, ever...

Durant was playing with a young Ibaka and a young Harden who contributed nothing. And a young coach who was playing Perkins. And he was playing against refs instructed to give the Heat every 50/50 call and then some.

OKC got outplayed by MIAMI but Durant absolutely wasn't outplayed by LeBron. He held him to 9/27 shooting he just didn't get to guard him much because the refs were calling a foul everytime someone breathed on LeBron that series.

SavageMode
12-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Durant averaged over 30 PPG on 50%+... LeBron has never done that in a finals, ever...
So why didn't Durant beat Lebron with that stat in 2012 finals again?

Get back to me when you get that answer.

Next.

Marchesk
12-10-2013, 03:21 PM
So why didn't Durant beat Lebron with that stat in 2012 finals again?

Get back to me when you get that answer.

Next.

Maybe because Harden played like crap and Brooks coached like crap?

KyleKong
12-10-2013, 03:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/miXng.gif

http://i.imgur.com/aU8gYl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5g9pB.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b561/HansGruberr/bronrocky_zpsba1fe872.gif

NumberSix
12-10-2013, 03:26 PM

Durant was playing with a young Ibaka and a young Harden who contributed nothing. And a young coach who was playing Perkins. And he was playing against refs instructed to give the Heat every 50/50 call and then some.

OKC got outplayed by MIAMI but Durant absolutely wasn't outplayed by LeBron. He held him to 9/27 shooting he just didn't get to guard him much because the refs were calling a foul everytime someone breathed on LeBron that series.
OKC got the majority of the calls in that series. Try again doe.

SavageMode
12-10-2013, 03:27 PM

:roll: :roll: :lol :lol

russwest0
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
OKC got the majority of the calls in that series. Try again doe.

Right, with D Wade getting calls like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmVXHgAlIY

And Russell Westbrook getting 43 points attack the basket all game and only getting 3 FTA for the whole game despite being fouled everytime he stepped into the paint

Black and White
12-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Right, with D Wade getting calls like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmVXHgAlIY

And Russell Westbrook getting 43 points attack the basket all game and only getting 3 FTA for the whole game despite being fouled everytime he stepped into the paint

Dude why are you still worrying about that Finals?? LeBron and the heat beat the thunder, its happened, there is nothing that you can say that will change that, focus on this year, your team is one of the favourites, they can get it done if durant keeps playing like this.

Andrei89
12-10-2013, 03:49 PM

Fudge
12-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Did he? This is possibly the biggest myth in NBA history. Quit being an idiot.

NumberSix
12-10-2013, 05:27 PM

Did he? This is possibly the biggest myth in NBA history. Quit being an idiot.
Kevin Durant sacrifices the blood of newborn Christian babies to his lord Satan for extra foul calls.

True story.

http://gifstumblr.com/images/true-story_1413.gif

LeBron 06
06-01-2014, 12:38 PM

:lol

WindmiLL
06-01-2014, 12:41 PM
At no point OP

TheCorporation
06-01-2014, 12:45 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2wn8riw.jpg