PDA

View Full Version : Raptors fire sale? Who's available and who's buying?

Levity
12-09-2013, 03:31 PM
After the 7 player swap last night, the question on everyones mind is, are the raptors indeed tanking? If that is the case, then its time to completely gut their roster of "non tanking" players to get at least some value from them

the obvious choice is kyle lowry

what teams can use him? finding a spot for a starting caliber PG isnt as easy as it once was since the league is already saturated with them. I doubt the raptors would want to take salary back, unless its for a player they plan on developing. so the trade will most likely revolve around picks (which may be hard to get for a rental player; lowry will be a UFA) or expiring contracts

After Lowry, theres the potential trade names in Derozan (i really have no idea if TOR wants to keep him or sell while hot) and Johnson (same dilemna)

Do you see some of these names being traded? All 3? Potential buyers?

RoundMoundOfReb
12-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Everyone probably except for Jonas

avonbarksdale
12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
keep jonas, derozan, novak, amir, hansborough

trade fields, and lowry

RoundMoundOfReb
12-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Lowry is almost definitely a goner.

Levity
12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
trade fields, and lowry

you think the raps would trade those 2 for nash? in his current state, hed be a great commander of the toronto tank. or is that just a lakers fans wishful thinking.

avonbarksdale
12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
i would trade fields and lowry for nash

Zan Tabak
12-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah, Lowry is probably next. The Knicks could use a PG, does NY have anymore first rounders they would like to give up?

ispin69
12-09-2013, 03:45 PM
OP a laker stan f@ggit of course wants all of them now. If you can't beat them and let them clown on your god...better take them.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Kyle Lowry to the Pacers?

Burgz V2
12-09-2013, 03:49 PM
kyle lowry is already packing his bags

I can see everyone out but DeMar and JV, but even DeMar could get traded you never know

TylerOO
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Lakers should go after Lowry. **** Nash

longtime lurker
12-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Where do I sign?

SamuraiSWISH
12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Toronto wants home country Wiggins real bad. Send everyone but Derozan out.

Legends66NBA7
12-09-2013, 04:18 PM
If the Raptors are doing a fire sale, trade all the starters (while their value is high) and get back picks/expiring contracts.

kaiteng
12-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah, with Vasquez coming in, Lowry is expendable now.

Demar will only be moved if the value is high enough.

scm5
12-09-2013, 04:21 PM

As a Laker fan, yes please!

Black and White
12-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Lakers would do that in a heartbeat, I understand the only option for the raps is to build through the draft and have capspace for free agents, but i dont think big names are going to go there and also if they are going to sign some mid level talent they will have to overpay them, trade lowry for a player that can bring something back, and keep derozan.

Legends66NBA7
12-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Lakers would do that in a heartbeat, I understand the only option for the raps is to build through the draft and have capspace for free agents, but i dont think big names are going to go there and also if they are going to sign some mid level talent they will have to overpay them, trade lowry for a player that can bring something back, and keep derozan.

The Raptors option are to draft, sign lucrative free agents when there's cap space, and trade. Big names can't come here unless you can bid for them or set up a core that players want to play with.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 04:31 PM
The Raptors option are to draft, sign lucrative free agents when there's cap space, and trade. Big names can't come here unless you can bid for them or set up a core that players want to play with.

You have Drake as your mascot, maybe he can try recruit??? Play a Jay-Z role :banana: :banana: :banana:

alenleomessi
12-09-2013, 04:35 PM
they should try to get a first round pick for valanciunas from some dumb team
like the bucks maybe

longtime lurker
12-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah, with Vasquez coming in, Lowry is expendable now.

Demar will only be moved if the value is high enough.

Realistically what's Derozan's value? I don't think many teams are willing to give up picks in this year's draft. Derozan gets you 20 points and not much else. In your opinion what is his value set at?

Random_Guy
12-09-2013, 05:22 PM
lowry is an expirer, they are either going to trade him for young prospects/draft picks or just let him walk imo

Random_Guy
12-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Realistically what's Derozan's value? I don't think many teams are willing to give up picks in this year's draft. Derozan gets you 20 points and not much else. In your opinion what is his value set at?
i hated the dude, thought he was nothing more than nick young a while ago lol.
Admittedly he has been playing well this season. I think the raps keep him imo.

moe94
12-09-2013, 05:26 PM
His value is at an all time high. He's young and looking like one of the better SG in the league.

hawkfan
12-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Toronto wants home country Wiggins real bad. Send everyone but Derozan out.

DeRozan is now their best player - if the Raptors want to win, then he needs to go.

Yesterday was a debacle for the Raptors.

Derozan to Atlanta for Louis Williams. The Raptors save 5 million next summer and get a wing still fighting through injuries. The Hawks get an upgrade at shooting guard.

ALBballer
12-09-2013, 06:56 PM

This isn't the worst idea in the world. Raptors get rid of Field's contract and get Nash who at worst will retire or play and sell a few tix.

Lakers would lose some cap flexibility (assuming Nash retires and comes off the books) and I think Toronto could get a better deal.

Also Lakers could just wait till next year and possibly sign Lowry outright without taking Field's contract.

ALBballer
12-09-2013, 06:57 PM
they should try to get a first round pick for valanciunas from some dumb team
like the bucks maybe

Are you trolling? JV is probably the only untouchable on the team.

Burgz V2
12-09-2013, 07:18 PM

he's a known Raptors forum troll. just ignore him.

Legends66NBA7
12-09-2013, 07:21 PM

Nobody's untouchable. Vince Carter wasn't untouchable either. Guy has probably the highest value outside of Amir, since he has "potential" label on him.

MJ(Mean John)
12-09-2013, 07:58 PM
believe it or not, its pretty funny, before this season started, lowry was a guy i wanted the lakers to trade for. Give up nash, because this guy can get a bull dog at the point. In D'antoni's offense, with a health kobe, he would be a stud. I've always liked his play.

I don't know what we can offer..

Levity
12-09-2013, 08:02 PM
believe it or not, its pretty funny, before this season started, lowry was a guy i wanted the lakers to trade for. Give up nash, because this guy can get a bull dog at the point. In D'antoni's offense, with a health kobe, he would be a stud. I've always liked his play.

same here. when every laker fan was day dreaming about what big names we could try to sign this upcoming off season, i always tried to take the practical route and said we should go after lowry this off season. like you said, he just fits this team. it doesnt matter if we play dantoni ball, triangle, or anything else; lowrys game suits the nba and compliments the rest of our team.

im still hoping we can get him this off season, and like i proposed earlier, im all for trading nash for him, even if that means we take on fields contract. which wouldnt be the end of the world since hes a los al boy, so the home crowd would love him.

alenleomessi
12-09-2013, 08:10 PM
he's a known Raptors forum troll. just ignore him.
the f*ck :biggums:

how is valanciunas untouchable? he hasnt proven shit yet.. you wouldnt trade him for a top 5-6 pick in the upcoming draft?!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
After the 7 player swap last night, the question on everyones mind is, are the raptors indeed tanking? If that is the case, then its time to completely gut their roster of "non tanking" players to get at least some value from them

the obvious choice is kyle lowry

what teams can use him? finding a spot for a starting caliber PG isnt as easy as it once was since the league is already saturated with them. I doubt the raptors would want to take salary back, unless its for a player they plan on developing. so the trade will most likely revolve around picks (which may be hard to get for a rental player; lowry will be a UFA) or expiring contracts

After Lowry, theres the potential trade names in Derozan (i really have no idea if TOR wants to keep him or sell while hot) and Johnson (same dilemna)

Do you see some of these names being traded? All 3? Potential buyers?

nash for lowry/filler

cause every tanking team needs a ticket seller....Nash just does that...even if he doesnt play...

PacerRaptor
12-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Pacers 2015 first rounder for Lowry

Or

George Hill for Lowry

Miller for 3
12-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Watson, Hill(Solomon), and our second round pick for Lowry :)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Watson, Hill(Solomon), and our second round pick for Lowry :)

nash sells tickets for a tanking team...this doesn't

Qwyjibo
12-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Valanciuns is not untouchable. No one on the Raptors is good enough to be. But it would take A LOT for the Raptors to trade him and there probably isn't a reasonable deal out there that would get it done. He's young, cheap and has potential so he'd be the last player the Raptors deal.

Everyone else should be available. At least I hope so.

Tonius
12-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Derozan
Lowry

for

Expiring Deng
First 14

Bosnian Sajo
12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Derozan
Lowry

for

Expiring Deng
First 14

Daaammnnn, this is perfect for both teams...With Rose out, Lowry and Hinrich would split time at the point, and would the bulls really miss Deng all that much? Derozan at the 2 and Butler at the 3.

Kujo
12-09-2013, 10:44 PM
I think everyone but Val is available. No doubt Lowry is the next to go, with DD being a possibility as well.

Tonius
12-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Daaammnnn, this is perfect for both teams...With Rose out, Lowry and Hinrich would split time at the point, and would the bulls really miss Deng all that much? Derozan at the 2 and Butler at the 3.

Exactly.

BallsOut
12-10-2013, 01:41 AM
Steve Nash for Kyle Lowry straight up. Lakers want to win. Raptors want to tank for Wiggins and sell tickets. It's a win-win.