PDA

View Full Version : Should the Celtics Make a Play for Waiters?

Black and White
12-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Waiters has a huge upside, superstar potential, him and Kyrie aren't getting along and they are open to offers, the Celtics could steal him here, would the cavs consider it for Bradley + others????

Imagine a back court or Rondo + Waiters.

Levity
12-09-2013, 03:41 PM
id be interested in seeing bradley next to irving. so it might be a nice trade.

MP.Trey
12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
I love Bradley's game and he fits Mike Brown's style of play. A little offense, a lot of defense lol. But this team needs scorers, needs people that can create their own shot other than Kyrie/Bynum and Dion has been the only one doing that as of late (although inconsistent).

I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him go, given the rumors and whatnot and how him and Kyrie are both a little dribble happy, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet.

Fudge
12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Bradley, Lee, Bogans, Crawford, MarShon, Green, Crash are their perimeter players on the roster atm.

Last thing the C's need is another streaky/volume scorer. They need bigs.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Bradley, Lee, Bogans, Crawford, MarShon, Green, Crash are their perimeter players on the roster atm.

We have Olynyk coming back soon, i think we will pick up a big or two in the draft, but i think that Waiters would be really good on the Celtics, hes got a good game, think a starting lineup of

Rondo
Waiters
Green
Bass/Sullinger
Olynyk/Faverani

Sixth Man : Crawford (use some of the excess guards in the trade)

alenleomessi
12-09-2013, 04:08 PM
they already have a better chucker-crawford

DukeDelonte13
12-09-2013, 04:08 PM
i'd be royally pissed if the cavs give up waiters. Those rumors about him not getting along with Kyrie are false. That chucker label is inaccurate as well. :no:

coin24
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Only if they really want to tank :oldlol:

Black and White
12-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Only if they really want to tank :oldlol:

How does the nets pick work? Can the Hawks swap it with their pick straight up or is it lottery dependant on whether they can do it?

FatComputerNerd
12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
i'd be royally pissed if the cavs give up waiters. Those rumors about him not getting along with Kyrie are false. That chucker label is inaccurate as well. :no:

Agreed.

I think it's far too soon in the season to read much into how we've performed, and Dion is a future star. Giving him up would be silly IMO.

PleezeBelieve
12-09-2013, 04:44 PM
LMAO @ calling Waiters a chucker when Irving is shooting 39% on 20 FGA a night with only 6 APG.

You people obviously don't' watch Cavs games. Shut up.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 04:47 PM
LMAO @ calling Waiters a chucker when Irving is shooting 39% on 20 FGA a night with only 6 APG.

I don't consider him a chucker at all, he looks like a superstar talent to me, thats why i want him on the Celtics and i thought while trading him might be on their mind recently we could swoop in and nab him before they realise how good he can really be.

MP.Trey
12-09-2013, 04:49 PM

No one in this thread said he was a chucker... I don't understand why you got so defensive.

Is He Ill
12-09-2013, 04:51 PM
How does the nets pick work? Can the Hawks swap it with their pick straight up or is it lottery dependant on whether they can do it?

They have the option to swap it no matter what.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
They have the option to swap it no matter what.

Man that sucks, especially coz the nets are playing like crap. Still should get us a 12-15 pick tho

CelticBaller
12-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Bradley, Crawford, Green, Crash are their perimeter players on the roster atm.

Only ones who get significant minutes, and only 2 of them can actually create their shot

Black and White
12-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Only ones who get significant minutes, and only 2 of them can actually create their shot

Do you think the trade idea is a good one then?

senelcoolidge
12-09-2013, 05:30 PM
You know what that might be a good idea. A Waiters and Bradley exchange would be good for both teams. I like it.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-09-2013, 05:37 PM

Yeah, but add Waiters and Rondo in and you're looking at a 6 man rotation over 3 positions and imo you only ever really want 5 (3 starters, a 1/2 guy which will be Crawford and a 2/3 who we should still be looking for).

I'd love - LOVE - to get Arron Afflalo, Terrence Ross or Ben McLemore, but how available they are I wouldn't know (especially without giving up Bradley or Green). I guess I'd give up Bradley, not happily, but if it was bringing someone like Afflalo back it'd be a no brainer (obviously we'd have to include picks or something as Bradley's going to get a new contract in the summer, and the three above are better players, but you know).

The way we've been looking, man. If we can somehow get a legit centre in the draft... don't feel like 17 and 19 (the current projected picks) would be enough packaged together to get into the top 10, maybe with our 15 pick thrown in or the Clippers or one of the 10 others we have... Embiid would be perfect. I don't know how we'd get him though.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Yeah, but add Waiters and Rondo in and you're looking at a 6 man rotation over 3 positions and imo you only ever really want 5 (3 starters, a 1/2 guy which will be Crawford and a 2/3 who we should still be looking for).

I'd love - LOVE - to get Arron Afflalo, Terrence Ross or Ben McLemore, but how available they are I wouldn't know (especially without giving up Bradley or Green). I guess I'd give up Bradley, not happily, but if it was bringing someone like Afflalo back it'd be a no brainer (obviously we'd have to include picks or something as Bradley's going to get a new contract in the summer, and the three above are better players, but you know).

The way we've been looking, man. If we can somehow get a legit centre in the draft... don't feel like 17 and 19 (the current projected picks) would be enough packaged together to get into the top 10, maybe with our 15 pick thrown in or the Clippers or one of the 10 others we have... Embiid would be perfect. I don't know how we'd get him though.

Believe in Ainge, he might be able to get something done to get us into the lottery or he may find some gold in this draft somewhere late.

In regards to Affalo, i think he is the most available out of the three you mentioned as orlando want to give his spot to oladipo, but for me i would want mclemore out of all of them, but a waiters for bradley swap (with fillers) would seem like a realistic option given his situation in cleveland, he could be a player we need for the future, we keep crawford, marshon can go, how does that sound?

chips93
12-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Agreed.

I think it's far too soon in the season to read much into how we've performed, and Dion is a future star. Giving him up would be silly IMO.

id love to be wrong, but with the way dion still cant finish at the basket, i have a hard time seeing him becoming a star.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Believe in Ainge, he might be able to get something done to get us into the lottery or he may find some gold in this draft somewhere late.

In regards to Affalo, i think he is the most available out of the three you mentioned as orlando want to give his spot to oladipo, but for me i would want mclemore out of all of them, but a waiters for bradley swap (with fillers) would seem like a realistic option given his situation in cleveland, he could be a player we need for the future, we keep crawford, marshon can go, how does that sound?

It's certainy not a bad swap, especially with Waiters on his rookie deal and Bradley likely to get a silly offer in the summer (reckon someone will offer him silly money like $6-7m a year). But I don't feel like it necessarily makes us any better long term, and I like Bradley. I'd rather make a move like Nelson + Afflalo for Humphries, Brooks and a pick.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 07:07 PM
It's certainy not a bad swap, especially with Waiters on his rookie deal and Bradley likely to get a silly offer in the summer (reckon someone will offer him silly money like $6-7m a year). But I don't feel like it necessarily makes us any better long term, and I like Bradley. I'd rather make a move like Nelson + Afflalo for Humphries, Brooks and a pick.

Is Nelson an expirer? Because i like that trade if thats the case, I really like bradley but i dont think we will retain him if he gets crazy offers like that. Rondo needs a scoring guard next to him, I dont think a move is neccesary right now but i proposed it because i think that the cavs are open to offers.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Is Nelson an expirer? Because i like that trade if thats the case, I really like bradley but i dont think we will retain him if he gets crazy offers like that. Rondo needs a scoring guard next to him, I dont think a move is neccesary right now but i proposed it because i think that the cavs are open to offers.

Nah, Nelson has another year left but that's the attraction for Orlando - they get rid of his contract for expirers and a pick, and it helps the tank. I still don't know if they'd do it - Brooks I guess could gain some value for them as someone would need to fill the void and Hump is solid but it'd be a real step back for them this year. But then, they might want to do that, so...

Anyway, the ultimate fantasy would be along the lines of that trade, then Crawford/Wallace/Nets/Hawks 2014 pick/Nets 2016 pick for Monroe.

Rondo/Nelson
Afflalo/Bradley
Green/trash
Sully/Olynyk
Monroe/Faverani

Black and White
12-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Nah, Nelson has another year left but that's the attraction for Orlando - they get rid of his contract for expirers and a pick, and it helps the tank. I still don't know if they'd do it - Brooks I guess could gain some value for them as someone would need to fill the void and Hump is solid but it'd be a real step back for them this year. But then, they might want to do that, so...

Anyway, the ultimate fantasy would be along the lines of that trade, then Crawford/Wallace/Nets/Hawks 2014 pick/Nets 2016 pick for Monroe.

Rondo
Afflalo
Green
Sully
Monroe

I really really like that team, we need a player like Monroe, I wonder if we could pull Cousins instead if we threw in Olynyk or something, i really like Cousins, and he could improve under the right situation.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
I really really like that team, we need a player like Monroe, I wonder if we could pull Cousins instead if we threw in Olynyk or something, i really like Cousins, and he could improve under the right situation.

I love Cousins, I don't think he's going anywhere though. Kings showed their intentions with the Rudy trade

andremiller07
12-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I love Cousins, I don't think he's going anywhere though. Kings showed their intentions with the Rudy trade
They showed there intentions before that by giving him a max contract a year early only way he gets traded is if he has a epic meltdown. Imo that line up if you guys get Monroe is pure nasty that team would be great to watch.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 07:33 PM
They showed there intentions before that by giving him a max contract a year early only way he gets traded is if he has a epic meltdown. Imo that line up if you guys get Monroe is pure nasty that team would be great to watch.

Yep it would put us back in the playoff pic for sure. I wouldnt mind giving up a pick or two for a player like Monroe, he would thrive next to Rondo.

ProfessorMurder
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM

Wait for 1 too many 37 FGA games from Gay and Cuz might knock him out.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Wait for 1 too many 37 FGA games from Gay and Cuz might knock him out.

:roll: :roll: then the c's swoop in and take cousins

RedBlackAttack
12-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Waiters is 21 years old and his potential is sky high. The Cavs need to exhaust every resource and every avenue before they move on from him. I don't feel we're to that point yet.

I do like Bradley's game quite a bit and he'd fit seamlessly into Brown's system, but Waiters has too much potential to give up on this soon, imo.

Interesting offer, though. Rondo/Waiters would be a nasty combination. I'm not sure how many people realize it, but Waiters is shooting is vastly improved this year. He's shooting a very respectable mark from the three-point line (better than Kyrie so far this year).

CLTHornets4eva
12-09-2013, 10:35 PM
I think they need to WAIT.

Black and White
12-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Waiters is 21 years old and his potential is sky high. The Cavs need to exhaust every resource and every avenue before they move on from him. I don't feel we're to that point yet.

I do like Bradley's game quite a bit and he'd fit seamlessly into Brown's system, but Waiters has too much potential to give up on this soon, imo.

Interesting offer, though. Rondo/Waiters would be a nasty combination. I'm not sure how many people realize it, but Waiters is shooting is vastly improved this year. He's shooting a very respectable mark from the three-point line (better than Kyrie so far this year).

Yes, Rondo + Waiters would be a great back court, i don't really want to be giving up a player like Bradley but if we get someone like Waiters in return im pulling the trigger.