PDA

View Full Version : Best perimeter defender George: Id rather guard Lebron than KD

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-10-2013, 04:57 AM
Following the Pacers

ihatetimthomas
12-10-2013, 05:00 AM
Its his length. No one in the NBA has his length and can do what he does.

bizil
12-10-2013, 05:09 AM
I think most guys will tell u Durant and Melo are tougher covers due to the variety of their scoring skillsets. Bron has a nice scoring skillset too, but Durant and Melo is as good as it gets. But Bron can score just as many points, and even more efficiently. All three are tough matchups though.

pauk
12-10-2013, 05:18 AM
[QUOTE=Hamtaro CP3KDKG]Following the Pacers

Rolando
12-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Makes sense.... He's the best scorer in the league. Can hit from deep. Can take it strong to the hoop. Has elite handles. Tall as hell and can jump like crazy too.....and not necessarily looking to pass.

bizil
12-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Guys who are great shooters and also great scorers along with it(guys like KD, Bird, Reggie, Ray Ray Dirk, Rice, Ellis, Steph, West) can indeed be the toughest to stop. Because if they get a good look they can bust your ass. And they are crafty and know how to average over 20 points a night. They aren't guys like Kerr, Korver, Paxson, Hodges, Novak etc. who are limited great shooters. Guys like KD or Bird have a multitude of dominant ways to score the rock.

Im so nba'd out
12-10-2013, 05:33 AM
i dont think anyone argues that durant is a better scorer.Only stans think lebron is a better scorer.

ripthekik
12-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Definitely not the first time I heard this from a defender.

I<3NBA
12-10-2013, 07:04 AM
they want to guard Lebron rather than KD because the team will send help if it's Lebron but will leave them on an island if it's KD.

KobesFinger
12-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Who would be a better defender of KD, Pippen or Marion?

jlip
12-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Kindof for the same reason Kobe said Reggie Miller was the toughest guy he ever had to guard.

This. Pretty much.

Trollsmasher
12-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Best perimeter defender:lol

L8kersfan222
12-10-2013, 09:19 AM
they want to guard Lebron rather than KD because the team will send help if it's Lebron but will leave them on an island if it's KD.
Lebron never gets doubled.... :facepalm

AintNoSunshine
12-10-2013, 09:25 AM
:roll: Whatever, PG, Durant, Kobe, Melo all circle jerking, while Lebron is winning championships

RandyMarsh1
12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/876/557/LeBronWINNER_original.gif
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/LeBron-James-Game-Winning-Lay-Up-Game-1-2013-ECF.gif

tmacattack33
12-10-2013, 11:07 AM
So what. KD is indeed a better scorer than Lebron. So yes, for the guy guarding them, KD might be tougher to guard than Lebron.

But ask the other four guys if it's harder to play defense when Lebron has the ball or when KD has the ball. And 100% of them will say Lebron because he has elite vision and will make you pay if you leave your man open...as well as the fact that he drives more and puts more pressure on help defenders in that regard as well.

LeGOAT
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Ain't gonna stop LeBron from making him his bitch as always.

NumberSix
12-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Following the Pacers’ 118-94 loss in Oklahoma City, George told reporters that Durant is his toughest cover in the league.

'It is,' he said. 'It is a tougher matchup. I watch their games, I watch a lot of NBA games. And offensively, KD is most of the times he’s scoring in bunches off of iso plays and one-on-one plays.

'And when they play against us, he’s moving a lot. He’s the screener, he’s getting back-screened and he’s coming off pin-downs and it’s a little different when I’m guarding him and it makes it a tougher cover.'

George, AK, Deng, Kawhi, Tony have all echoed similar statements:applause: :applause:

Where in that quote did George say Durant was the toughest cover or specifically tougher than LeBron? All he said was Durant is one of the tougher covers. Where is the quote of him saying "I'd rather guard LeBron than KD"?

:confusedshrug:

steve
12-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Lebron might not embarrass you personally as much as Durant, but he'll certainly embarrass your whole team more.

KG215
12-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Where in that quote did George say Durant was the toughest cover or specifically tougher than LeBron? All he said was Durant is one of the tougher covers. Where is the quote of him saying "I'd rather guard LeBron than KD"?

Well, to be fair, he did straight up say it was Durant in another interview. Don't know where this one came from but they showed the one I'm talking about on ESPN a couple of nights ago after OKC and Indiana played each other.

russwest0
12-10-2013, 03:09 PM

He said in another interview that Durant was easily the hardest guy to guard in the league.

Which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone since KD is the best offensive player in the league by far. (And a better defender than LBJ but LBJ's defense is overrated like none other) Many other players have echoed the same statements.

NumberSix
12-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, to be fair, he did straight up say it was Durant in another interview. Don't know where this one came from but they showed the one I'm talking about on ESPN a couple of nights ago after OKC and Indiana played each other.
But Kobe says Melo is tougher, so who do we believe? :confusedshrug:

Genaro
12-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Kindof for the same reason Kobe said Reggie Miller was the toughest guy he ever had to guard.
He said T Mac was.

SavageMode
12-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Lebron always gets double teamed.

Next.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
nope

russwest0
12-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Lebron always gets double teamed.

Next.

Like in last years finals when they left Boris Diaw and Tiago Splitter out on an island with him? :oldlol: