PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics at Brooklyn Celtics 12/10 7:30 Game Thread

niko
12-10-2013, 04:34 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2909681/Nets_large.png
When the schedule came out, this game was looked at as the opportunity for Garnett and Pierce (Terry, Frank) to get some goodbyes out of the way, hugs, as they happily went about their business as members of the title contending Brooklyn Nets, getting ready to wipe out the pesky but rebuilding Celtics. You'd figure Nets would be 3,4 games over 500 (growing pains) in first place and the Celtics would be lottery bound.

Things don't always go like you expect.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/kidd.gif
http://www.trbimg.com/img-5154e27e/turbine/la-sp-sn-ucla-brad-stevens-20130328-001/600/600x350
The Celtics are in first place, and only the hopeless Knicks (crushed by Boston sunday) keep them from last place. Two rookie coaches, one (Brad Stevens) embraced by his team and having them humming along, the other (Jason Kidd) firing his chief assistant. The former Celtics? Hurt (Pierce, doubtful and Terry out) and looking old (Garnett) and arguably unhappy. Garnett on Frank - "He was doing a very good job, I don't know what happened. I'll miss him." Not exactly an endorsement of Kidd. (He also said Kidd is adding a lot of new stuff which is "confusing everyone".)

There is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, Deron Williams comes back from what feels like forever to take his spot at PG. Much like with the Knicks and Chandler, the blame is shifted to the missing players. Which is fine, unless things don't turn around quickly.

So what was supposed to be a pretty meaningless game with a Celtic subplot is a pretty important early season game for the Nets to stop the bleeding. Who knew?

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Time to take out the garbage. Sorry KG, it's nothing personal.

Black and White
12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Lets go celtics!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BlackWhiteGreen
12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Meh, this means little to me. The game in Boston is the one that really matters.

That said... I'll be disappointed if we don't win tonight. Which says so much for what Stevens has already done with this team

salwan
12-10-2013, 04:39 PM
celtics by 41 :rockon:

Shade8780
12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
:rockon:

niko
12-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I want to see something controversial, because the kissy kissy lovefest between the Celtic and Net fanbase was sickening. The Nets were just glad the Celtics gave them players and wanted them to win. The Celtic fans wanted the Nets to do great (despite the fact you could get their picks).

Now the Nets need a win, the Celtic fans laugh at each loss and hope for Wiggins. Some good old fashioned sports related hate. Let's go!

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I want to see something controversial, because the kissy kissy lovefest between the Celtic and Net fanbase was sickening. The Nets were just glad the Celtics gave them players and wanted them to win. The Celtic fans wanted the Nets to do great (despite the fact you could get their picks).

either way the picks weren't going to us anyways, hawks have them. The picks that really matter are the ones after 2015 :confusedshrug:

But we're winning, and the nets are sinking sooner than later. So we have nothing to be worried about :pimp:

BlackWhiteGreen
12-10-2013, 04:47 PM

Now the Nets need a win, the Celtic fans laugh at each loss and hope for Wiggins. Some good old fashioned sports related hate. Let's go!

:oldlol: where's the hate in that? According to you we want to lose and Nets want to win. So do we hate the Nets if they lose? :roll: The only thing I hate about the Nets is that they did the pick swap with Atlanta :mad:

niko
12-10-2013, 04:51 PM
:oldlol: where's the hate in that? According to you we want to lose and Nets want to win. So do we hate the Nets if they lose? :roll: The only thing I hate about the Nets is that they did the pick swap with Atlanta :mad:
It's not everyone (every Celtic fan is about to yell at me NOT ME) but this "i hope the Nets do well too" i didn't get because they are in your division. I get if you watch a game you cheer for Garnett, but actively rooting for another team in your division, for a fanbase like Boston that has things to cheer about and is aggresive and angry (in a good way) makes me sad.

I hope everyone is yelling at each other in the game thread and there is pushing and shoving and emotion. :lol Too many NBA games are like glorified scrimmages at times, i like when it's more intense than that.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-10-2013, 04:58 PM
It's not everyone (every Celtic fan is about to yell at me NOT ME) but this "i hope the Nets do well too" i didn't get because they are in your division. I get if you watch a game you cheer for Garnett, but actively rooting for another team in your division, for a fanbase like Boston that has things to cheer about and is aggresive and angry (in a good way) makes me sad.

I hope everyone is yelling at each other in the game thread and there is pushing and shoving and emotion. :lol Too many NBA games are like glorified scrimmages at times, i like when it's more intense than that.

I totally agree, but there's two reasons why that won't happen:

1. The main one is that there is too much respect for Pierce/KG by the young Celts. It's totally understandable given they are both HoFs and if you grew as a player in that environment, you're going to respect the guys who got you there.

2. Also, these Celtics just play the game. There's plenty of attitude about proving the doubters wrong but then that doesn't translate into an aggressive attitude, they're more focused. Plus because no one expects them to win, they don't really get mad when they don't. (Apart from Wallace)

I loved those Heat-Celtics, Celtics-Lakers matchups of the KG era Celtics. But that isn't this team, and especially not against former teammates like Garnett and Pierce.

EDIT: and want Pierce and KG to do well because they both deserved more than 1 ring in Boston. And I feel bad they won't get another one.

niko
12-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I totally agree, but there's two reasons why that won't happen:

1. The main one is that there is too much respect for Pierce/KG by the young Celts. It's totally understandable given they are both HoFs and if you grew as a player in that environment, you're going to respect the guys who got you there.

2. Also, these Celtics just play the game. There's plenty of attitude about proving the doubters wrong but then that doesn't translate into an aggressive attitude, they're more focused. Plus because no one expects them to win, they don't really get mad when they don't. (Apart from Wallace)

I loved those Heat-Celtics, Celtics-Lakers matchups of the KG era Celtics. But that isn't this team, and especially not against former teammates like Garnett and Pierce.

EDIT: and want Pierce and KG to do well because they both deserved more than 1 ring in Boston. And I feel bad they won't get another one.

It can be intense without extra curricular stuff. The extra stuff by KG in the Knick game for example was chippy but the opposite of intense, it actually showed how disengaged he was from the game. (The result was irrelevent to his behavior.) Really, I just want a good game, not a game where it feels like the result isn't the main reason the game is being played.

I'm going to miss most of this game anyway, almost all of the Knick game. Tuesdays I can't really watch and it feels like both teams not only play every Tuesday, it's often early.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-10-2013, 05:12 PM
It can be intense without extra curricular stuff. The extra stuff by KG in the Knick game for example was chippy but the opposite of intense, it actually showed how disengaged he was from the game. (The result was irrelevent to his behavior.) Really, I just want a good game, not a game where it feels like the result isn't the main reason the game is being played.

I'm going to miss most of this game anyway, almost all of the Knick game. Tuesdays I can't really watch and it feels like both teams not only play every Tuesday, it's often early.

Oh don't get me wrong, it'll be a good game, and as I say I expect the Celtics to come out hard and take control as they did against the Nuggets and Knicks. But if we lose? I guess I don't really mind. That's most of this season, as long as we play OK.

hawkfan
12-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Two first year coaches.
Which one will do a better job tonight?

BlackWhiteGreen
12-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Just some fun if you wondered how lopsided the KG-Pierce trade is right now:

Bizarre enough that I present you with the following blind comparison:

Player A is averaging 22.7 minutes, 6.4 points and 7.5 rebounds a game.
Player B is averaging 22.6 minutes, 7.5 points and 5.4 rebounds a game.

Player A is shooting 36.3 percent from the field, and 8-9 from the foul line.
Player B is shooting 38.9 percent from the field, and 17-17 from the foul line.

Player A is Kevin Garnett.
Player B is Kelly Olynyk.

hawkfan
12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Go Celtics tonight.

kNIOKAS
12-10-2013, 06:01 PM
DAmm I can't watch :(

Good luck Celtics! And then maybe Nets, but Pierce isn't playing so...

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
The Celtics last four of five starts: 18-1, 14-0, 22-9, 22-4.
Geez, if a championship team started out like that they'd be praised. Kudos to the Celtics on such great starts as of late.

Also, on a game related note, it will finally be interested to have most of the crew back and see how Paul does off the bench and finally, Deron Williams is back!

ballup
12-10-2013, 08:32 PM
It's too bad the Nets aren't healthy. Would love to see their potential.

ProfessorMurder
12-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Michael Jordan Crawford is going to go nuts tonight.

ballup
12-10-2013, 08:45 PM
JJ has made small, but really costly mistakes.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Cmon I want that NY sweep

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Need joe to pick his shit up and our three point defense is still showing no signs of improvement. Why do the nets leave three point shooters wide open?

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 08:57 PM
When blatche does two stupid moves in a row just take him out of the damn game because it's going to be a long night for him.

ballup
12-10-2013, 09:00 PM
lol Blatche.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 09:01 PM
nets putting more of a fight than the knicks? time to put them out of life support

bagelred
12-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm at the game in the cheap seats. First time at te Charles Barkley center.

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Nets looking very good and Paul doing real good with the second unit. Nets are trusting each other a lot on the first quarter. Let's keep it going.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Nets putting work, cmon celts

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Come on damn. Three straight turnovers by the celtics idiots Paul and Kevin. Finish that shit Kevin instead of passing and the passes Paul throws are so retarded. Time to put brook in and move the ball again.

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Holy **** why is every three point shot opposing tans shoot on us wide ****ing open? At least be within 10 feet of them FFS.

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
What I don't miss about deron returning is that every guard kills him. Geez .

The JKidd Kid
12-10-2013, 09:26 PM
The Deron Williams effect. :applause:

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 09:35 PM
9 point lead at the half? Celtics still got this

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 09:50 PM
This ****ing defense is so damn anemic night on and night out. Holy ****. It's so tucking unbearable. Get one ****ing stop for once.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Sully looking like pre-chucking toine :applause:

The JKidd Kid
12-10-2013, 09:52 PM
This ****ing defense is so damn anemic night on and night out. Holy ****. It's so tucking unbearable. Get one ****ing stop for once.

Notice how when you posted this they tied it up?

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 09:52 PM
How the **** do these idiots lose their nine point lead in two minutes. It's absurd. Brook, stick to Sullinger you defensive idiot. You've been the same dunce on defense since a rookie.

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Notice how when you posted this they tied it up?
I've been posting during the entire thread you idiot.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 09:54 PM
lopez destroying our front court

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 09:56 PM
stop giving the ball to bass pls

Black and White
12-10-2013, 09:57 PM
How are we looking? I cant watch the game im at work. Sully and Bradley look like they are doing well, im just going by the numbers.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 09:59 PM
How are we looking? I cant watch the game im at work. Sully and Bradley look like they are doing well, im just going by the numbers.
Lopez is destroying us in the paint, bass keeps bricking and we can't seem to defend the perimeter

oh and williams is toying with who ever is tailing him

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
This is how the Nets look like when they play defense. Good job.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Anderson plays nice :applause:

Black and White
12-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Lopez is destroying us in the paint, bass keeps bricking and we can't seem to defend the perimeter

oh and williams is toying with who ever is tailing him

Damn Bass :facepalm im waiting for him to go on one of those streaks where he starts hitting every jumper.

We really have noone that can defend a player like Lopez so that doesnt surprise me.

Is bradley on d will?

The JKidd Kid
12-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Anderson plays nice :applause:

Yea :lol at the people saying he wasn't worth the tax money.

The JKidd Kid
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM
I really forgot how entertaining DWill was. Whenever he brings the ball up I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what he's gonna do.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Is bradley on d will?
yeah, but D-will is smart enough to attack the basket when they defense isn't set up and bradley is lost in transition

Black and White
12-10-2013, 10:08 PM
yeah, but D-will is smart enough to attack the basket when they defense isn't set up and bradley is lost in transition

Shit, come on c's we can do this, hows kg looking? Can bass get physical with him

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Paul on half of his decisions.:facepalm
Paul on the other half of his decisions.:cheers:
Anyways, Nets are playing great just need them to close this quarter out it starts on the defensive end.

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Take Paul out he is killing us

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Shit, come on c's we can do this, hows kg looking? Can bass get physical with him
Kg was doing ok on offense, and bass just keeps settling with jump shots.

Trentknicks
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I really forgot how entertaining DWill was. Whenever he brings the ball up I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what he's gonna do.
Like drink driving on the edge of your seat or?

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 10:22 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

b1imtf
12-10-2013, 10:23 PM
:roll:

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Jeff for the love of god take over :mad:

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Alan has played so well. Why the **** is he not in for Paul? Jason is so stupid, I swear.

ProfessorMurder
12-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Jeff for the love of god take over :mad:

He can't, just who he is :(

Black and White
12-10-2013, 10:30 PM

We are right there, the game isn't over, can crawford or green make a few good shots????

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Fvck at least we still have Michael Jordan Crawford

It's A VC3!!!
12-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Nets defense has been fine but their offense has just been dog shit in this fourth quarter and that's due to Paul. He throws off the entire offense. Bring joe back in you idiot coach.

The JKidd Kid
12-10-2013, 10:38 PM
We are right there, the game isn't over, can crawford or green make a few good shots????

Lol

b1imtf
12-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Lol
We can't hear from down there at 6-14

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Fvck can we get a break? :banghead:

Black and White
12-10-2013, 10:47 PM
You reckon its too late now?

The JKidd Kid
12-10-2013, 10:52 PM
We can't hear from down there at 6-14

Come back in January and see what we say.

b1imtf
12-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Come back in January and see what we say.
Ofc Mr. Championship Contender :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
12-10-2013, 10:58 PM
With the way this team plays, Rondo is going to help a lot. They'll be decent.

CelticBaller
12-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Ofc Mr. Championship Contender :oldlol:
don't worry, after their team becomes shit 2 years from now we will have the last laugh :pimp:

Black and White
12-10-2013, 11:04 PM
don't worry, after their team becomes shit 2 years from now we will have the last laugh :pimp:

Yep, im not worried at all, plus when Rondo comes back the division is ours to lose.

b1imtf
12-10-2013, 11:07 PM
They started that earlier, then.

kidd2dwill
12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
d-will :applause:

The JKidd Kid
12-11-2013, 12:47 AM

Too bad 2 years from now Brook will be in his prime, Deron will only be 30 those two guys alone are good enough for playoffs in the east.